*UPDATED* Best Buy @ Gamer - 9/30/12 - 11/10/12 | Wikified

Waheed

CAGiversary!
For those of you who are wondering the cover of this months @gamer is CoD, hence the CoD themed discounts.

NOTE : These coupons will be in a special edition of @Gamer that sells in-store for $9.99 and will NOT be shipped to Gamer Club Unlocked Members.

$20 Off Call of Duty Blops (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off CoD: Modern Warfare 3 (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off select gunnar optics for gaming

$15 off hauppauge HD-PVR2

$15 off 12-month subscription for xbla, posa, and digital

$15 off 12-month subscription for psn, posa, and digital

$10 off CoD: MoD 2 for (ps3 / xbox 360)

$30 off turtle beach call of duty: black ops 2 tango headset

This link is going to be outdated shortly but I'm leaving it here as there are a few days left.
Link to what versions the coupons apply to
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/September-Gamer-Coupon-Offers/td-p/568694
Updated : http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Rewar...all-of-Duty-Special-Edition-Gamer/td-p/586998

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Royal High Knight']Im sure by Black Friday those purchase #'s will rise quite a bit.[/QUOTE]
Not so sure about that...
I spent more at BestBuy.com and Gamestop.com than Amazon on black friday last year.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I was curious to see what my order history looked like from amazon.

2012-17 orders placed
2011- 114 orders placed
2010- 109 orders placed

Yeah amazon has sure gone downhill.[/QUOTE]
Thats probably what mine looks like, just don't have the good deals anymore :(

Well if Amazon doesnt get lazy like last year and pm every sale then I can see me buying more from them that day. THey need to go back and have sales of their own. I rather be home that day instead of at BB or Walmart fighting to find 1-2 items.

[quote name='bgame2']Call me crazy but I actually like the intensity of Black Friday.

Also, my amazon purchases are way down.[/QUOTE]

Heh, It was pretty fun trying to get in on some of those lightning deals that were gone in under 10 seconds. I managed to grab a few. I do hope to see some much better prices than recent goldbox deals. I guess we will find out in a few months...

[quote name='bgame2']Call me crazy but I actually like the intensity of Black Friday.

Also, my amazon purchases are way down.[/QUOTE]Last year was the first time ever me and my wife went shopping on black Friday. I remember us pulling into the Toys R Us parking lot and thinking "Holy Shit" LOL. It wasn't too bad though. I think we were in line about 45 mins to a hour. Checking out was the worst part. It took us nearly 2 hours to get up to the registers:hot:

We had fun though and can't wait to go again.

[quote name='krashhole']Last year was the first time ever me and my wife went shopping on black Friday. I remember us pulling into the Toys R Us parking lot and thinking "Holy Shit" LOL. It wasn't too bad though. I think we were in line about 45 mins to a hour. Checking out was the worst part. It took us nearly 2 hours to get up to the registers:hot:

We had fun though and can't wait to go again.[/QUOTE]
If you went to one of those fashion outlets during BF, I guarantee that you will not have any trace amount of "fun":lol:
Try it, if you dare:twisted:

[quote name='mitnosi']Thats probably what mine looks like, just don't have the good deals anymore :([/QUOTE]

And to think it will only get worse when/if Best Buy goes under. Which is why I never understand why people would be glad a company goes under, because they will be amongst the first ones to bitch that they can find a good deal on anything.

[quote name='slowdive21']WTF are you guys buying on AZ? 100+ orders? I have like 10-15 a year.[/QUOTE]

I buy quite a bit of stuff on there that I used to get from Wal-Mart/Lowes etc. Some of the stuff I signed up for Subscribe and save - you get pretty good discounts for doing that, and its stuff I'll need more of eventually anyway. Now I don't have to remember to even go get it - it gets shipped to me for free and shows up right around the time I'll be needing to restock. It's really changing the way I shop (in some ways for the good, some for the not so good...)

[quote name='slowdive21']WTF are you guys buying on AZ? 100+ orders? I have like 10-15 a year.[/QUOTE]

For the most part just games and related stuff but there were a few orders that are nongaming items.

My bicycle, musical instruments, books, video games, fitness equipment...all kinds of shit. It's impressive when you can get a 50lb bicycle delivered for free in 2 days.

[quote name='esalw822']He's not trolling. PS3 version of Prototype 2 CE didn't scan with the discount after coupon when I tried to buy it on Monday either. I was also getting two BF3 LEs for free in the same transaction (with coupons) so I wasn't going push it. Dunno if it's the PS3 version having issues, or if multiple coupons in one transaction affects the discount or whatever, but there is an element of YMMV when it comes to the PS3 version of Prototype 2 CE apparently...[/QUOTE]
I had no issues with the P2 CE edition on Monday, though I did not get the steelcase. I wonder if you get the steelcase and try to use the coupon if the system considers those conflicting deals.

For those of you getting the steelcase, is it ringing up as free, or are the cashiers just giving it to you?

[quote name='flix1']I had no issues with the P2 CE edition on Monday, though I did not get the steelcase. I wonder if you get the steelcase and try to use the coupon if the system considers those conflicting deals.

For those of you getting the steelcase, is it ringing up as free, or are the cashiers just giving it to you?[/QUOTE]

It required an override.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']I buy quite a bit of stuff on there that I used to get from Wal-Mart/Lowes etc. Some of the stuff I signed up for Subscribe and save - you get pretty good discounts for doing that, and its stuff I'll need more of eventually anyway. Now I don't have to remember to even go get it - it gets shipped to me for free and shows up right around the time I'll be needing to restock. It's really changing the way I shop (in some ways for the good, some for the not so good...)[/QUOTE]

This to a T! I've used Amazon's Subscribe & Save for everything from coffee, household cleaning stuff, oatmeal and films.

I will agree with all the other posters here that my lack of game buying from Amazon has really gone down these past 2 years. Best Buy and G Stop are stealing all of their cheddar. Kmart was good for awhile when they were churning out those coupons, but have been terrible as of late. RIP Josh.

I agree with the notion of amazon being worth it beyond gaming. Personally, I've converted most of my credits via trade-in to Amazon simply for the no sales tax and having that money applicable to anything on their site.

It's nice knowing that trade-ins apply to "gift card balance" not video game promotional balances...

Congrats to those of you that got the free mac games. Mission Viejo BB refused to honor the coupon. Force Unleashed rings up as 30 in their system, even though the shelf tag read 15. After they scanned the tag, the coupon did not apply the discount, and the manager refused to override, giving me the "not valid with any other discounts" lecture. Like changing the price to what the shelf tag actually read was some kind of price match. What good are these deals if you have to brave a one hour + gauntlet of employee stupidity to exercise it?

[quote name='brianace']Congrats to those of you that got the free mac games. Mission Viejo BB refused to honor the coupon. Force Unleashed rings up as 30 in their system, even though the shelf tag read 15. After they scanned the tag, the coupon did not apply the discount, and the manager refused to override, giving me the "not valid with any other discounts" lecture. Like changing the price to what the shelf tag actually read was some kind of price match. What good are these deals if you have to brave a one hour + gauntlet of employee stupidity to exercise it?[/QUOTE]

It was good on sunday!

[quote name='confoosious']It was good on sunday![/QUOTE]

True enough! As I have always said with these Best Buy coupons, it's to the degree you want it. If you want something really bad, you'll be there the first day of the deal. I was busy Sunday, and didn't want my two "gets"($10 BF3 and free Mac game) bad enough to put that stuff on hold. Fortunately, one store still had a couple copies of Battlefield left , but they had nothing in the way of Mac games. Had to hit up a second store today. I don't think I've done any gaming on my Mac since my free Steam copy of Portal 2, so no huge loss.

It does burn my ass when managers still cling to that fallacy that the reason the coupon won't work is because the game is on sale. You would think the store managers would have educated themselves on Best Buy policy by this point.

[quote name='confoosious']It was good on sunday![/QUOTE]

lol

and i agree why cant best buy train their employees to follow their own official policies?

[quote name='lochdoun']Yes, Amazon is a joke now. Best Buy has taken over as my "go to."

I feel bad for all the people that stocked up on Amazon credit.[/QUOTE]

Your sympathy is wasted on me. ;)

I've been picking up a few non-game related items here and there. Still, it's disappointing that I have used so little credit on games, and then when I do pull the trigger, AWD sends me the wrong item.

I think it goes all the way back to when they removed the game daily deal page, what, about 8 months ago? And the half dozen or so all-day "events" since haven't been up to par.

On-topic: I'll be going tomorrow to pick up Witcher 2 and maybe use the ME3 coupon on a CE if one of the two I saw last week is still there (I doubt it).

[quote name='brianace']True enough! As I have always said with these Best Buy coupons, it's to the degree you want it. If you want something really bad, you'll be there the first day of the deal. I was busy Sunday, and didn't want my two "gets"($10 BF3 and free Mac game) bad enough to put that stuff on hold. Fortunately, one store still had a couple copies of Battlefield left , but they had nothing in the way of Mac games. Had to hit up a second store today. I don't think I've done any gaming on my Mac since my free Steam copy of Portal 2, so no huge loss.

It does burn my ass when managers still cling to that fallacy that the reason the coupon won't work is because the game is on sale. You would think the store managers would have educated themselves on Best Buy policy by this point.[/QUOTE]

You didn't miss much. It wasn't like Civ V was free.

[quote name='krashhole']Last year was the first time ever me and my wife went shopping on black Friday. I remember us pulling into the Toys R Us parking lot and thinking "Holy Shit" LOL. It wasn't too bad though. I think we were in line about 45 mins to a hour. Checking out was the worst part. It took us nearly 2 hours to get up to the registers:hot:

We had fun though and can't wait to go again.[/QUOTE]
I've gone the last couple of years, but it figures that when I wanted help trying to get that 42" Sharp HDtv that was $199.99 at BB on BF no one that I took turns with standing in line in the prior years was around to help out.:bomb:

The only other times prior to the last few years were when FYE was still selling games along with everything else(went in to get a free copy of the Transformers animated movie they promised via promo with purchase of one of the movie games). Circuit City was still open as a chain at that time if that gives you any idea how long ago that was. Mind ya, I got most of my stuff I wanted that year via the respective store websites and only went out to have a chuckle at the mayhem.

Before that was with my then gf to grab my Christmas present for that year(PS2 online bundle), so that also shows how long before the prior time that was. I HATE crowds and waiting in long ass lines.
[quote name='destro4eva']Kmart was good for awhile when they were churning out those coupons, but have been terrible as of late. RIP Josh.[/QUOTE]
I'll admit I bit on a few of the Kmart deals(LA Noire + free game + $20 off coupon, Fallout New Vegas coasters for $15 coupons) but most of the time paying MSRP to start the deal train at Kmart was downright unpalatable to me.
[quote name='brianace']Congrats to those of you that got the free mac games. Mission Viejo BB refused to honor the coupon. Force Unleashed rings up as 30 in their system, even though the shelf tag read 15. After they scanned the tag, the coupon did not apply the discount, and the manager refused to override, giving me the "not valid with any other discounts" lecture. Like changing the price to what the shelf tag actually read was some kind of price match. What good are these deals if you have to brave a one hour + gauntlet of employee stupidity to exercise it?[/QUOTE]
Just like me you should've gone out on Sunday or maybe even part of Monday to try the coupon, as I believe they were working at that point still. But as of yesterday there were no price tags by the Mac games and the one I did try(Rage Campaign) was coming up $29.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
been a little behind on gaming, but what would be the better deal to use the BF3 coupon? The premium edition or the regular edition? any advice would be great! :)

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Your sympathy is wasted on me. ;)

I've been picking up a few non-game related items here and there. Still, it's disappointing that I have used so little credit on games, and then when I do pull the trigger, AWD sends me the wrong item.
[/QUOTE]

I've found a good way to get rid of my Amazon credit is through Blu Ray deals. Just because their game deals/prices are in the toilet these days, I've found that they are still consistently the cheapest place to buy new movies when they come out.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Just like me you should've gone out on Sunday or maybe even part of Monday to try the coupon, as I believe they were working at that point still. But as of yesterday there were no price tags by the Mac games and the one I did try(Rage Campaign) was coming up $29.99.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it seems like they pulled a "Deadliest Warrior" on Rage, Force Unleashed 2, and Rollercoaster Tycoon.

[quote name='sasuke543']been a little behind on gaming, but what would be the better deal to use the BF3 coupon? The premium edition or the regular edition? any advice would be great! :)[/QUOTE]
Depends on what the premium edition add-on will cost for people who don't just rebuy the game with it included. If it's a seperate code and going to cost $20 or more, you could always resell the code and keep the vanilla edition of the game for basically free or very cheap.

But if you just want to play the basic game and the basic online, I'd also suggest to look for one of the LE versions of BF3, since then you could trade/sell the Return To Karkand code for a little bit to reduce your out of pocket expense for the rest of the game.

tl;dr version: I'd say to buy a version that has some sort of add-on content included with it via code and sell the code to lessen your out of pocket expense to keep the main game.
[quote name='brianace']Yeah, it seems like they pulled a "Deadliest Warrior" on Rage, Force Unleashed 2, and Rollercoaster Tycoon.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I waited too long on that one too and ended up paying $5 for it. I tried it for about 2-3 hours, then my one friend and his nephew tried it for a day or two. Finally I got rid of it to a local shop for about $7. So I got paid to play the game essentially.;)

It would be nice if they'll put up Darksider II ($30 off) coupons next month.. and hopefully, Darksider 2 will drop to $39 at the same time. :lol:

[quote name='sasuke543']been a little behind on gaming, but what would be the better deal to use the BF3 coupon? The premium edition or the regular edition? any advice would be great! :)[/QUOTE]

Considering the coupon isn't going to work on the Premium edition, I'd have to say the regular.

Bad News!
Prototype 2 CE for both PS3 and Xbox 360 don't seem to work with gamer coupon anymore. Today first I tried to get PS3 Prototype CE with a coupon, it won't take the coupon, so I tried Xbox 360, the same thing happened. This is the exactly same Best Buy that my brother bought Xbox 360 CE version on Monday. So I guess gamer coupon is Not working for Prototype 2 CE (both Xbox 360 and PS3) anymore.

[quote name='cagfansub']It would be nice if they'll put up Darksider II ($30 off) coupons next month.. and hopefully, Darksider 2 will drop to $39 at the same time. :lol:[/QUOTE]
If going by what THQ has done with Saints Row The Third, you won't see a price drop on darksiders 2 for awhile.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Your sympathy is wasted on me. ;)

I think it goes all the way back to when they removed the game daily deal page, what, about 8 months ago? And the half dozen or so all-day "events" since haven't been up to par.
[/QUOTE]
I haven't really bought anything gaming related on amazon this year that I could remember. There gold box deals suck, there weekly deals is gone but sucked anyways, pre-order credits are little to none, and they cherry pick slowly when to price match.

Pre-orders I go to NewEgg or Best Buy.
Used games I go to Best Buy or Gamefly.
Everything in between I go to Best Buy and Target.
Heck even Gamestop(ME3 for $20, KH 3D for $30, Theatrythm FF for $30, etc...), ToysRus(DS2, SD), Kmart(3DS XL promos) are competing from time to time now.

[quote name='cagfansub']It would be nice if they'll put up Darksider II ($30 off) coupons next month.. and hopefully, Darksider 2 will drop to $39 at the same time. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'd settle for a Dragon's Dogma coupon to make it $10. :D

And I agree, Darksiders 2 would be awesome at that price.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I've had my fingers crossed for a Darksiders $4.99 DOTD, since I haven't played that one I have time to wait on Darksiders II[/QUOTE]

No offense bro, but where have you been? It $5 used on BB.com and it was $10 when you preordered DS II a month or two back. You def. had plenty of chances to get that game for cheap.

2 questions.

I never got my issue in the mail this month and it's usually right on time. Will they give me an issue if I ask at the store? Getting antsy waiting on these deals.

Also, what is the price of the games? The OP didn't mention and I searched for 10 pages in trying to find it. I only gathered that LC is $10.

Thanks.

[quote name='Orofin']2 questions.

I never got my issue in the mail this month and it's usually right on time. Will they give me an issue if I ask at the store? Getting antsy waiting on these deals.

Also, what is the price of the games? The OP didn't mention and I searched for 10 pages in trying to find it. I only gathered that LC is $10.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Stop being lazy and go to bestbuy.com and search for said game, take the price of the coupon and subtract that amount from aforementioned game.

Was able to pick of the very last :ps3: Mass Effect 3 CE within my state thanks to a tip from a friend at a further out best buy location. Box showed a little ware but, overall in pretty good shape. Pretty pleased to be able to find what has become a rare gem. Also picked :ps3: Battlefield 3 (non) limited edition earlier in the week so i am set for the month. Happy hunting to all.

[quote name='mr mellow']Was able to pick of the very last :ps3: Mass Effect 3 CE within my state thanks to a tip from a friend at a further out best buy location. Box showed a little ware but, overall in pretty good shape. Pretty pleased to be able to find what has become a rare gem. Also picked :ps3: Battlefield 3 (non) limited edition earlier in the week so i am set for the month. Happy hunting to all.[/QUOTE]
Just going by the values for the first two Mass Effect CE's sealed I should likely scrape up the extra cash or credit and buy the one ME 3 CE I've seen lingering around here just to hold onto for the very reason of later on maybe reselling it for $100-200+.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Just going by the values for the first two Mass Effect CE's sealed I should likely scrape up the extra cash or credit and buy the one ME 3 CE I've seen lingering around here just to hold onto for the very reason of later on maybe reselling it for $100-200+.;)[/QUOTE]
Oh absolutely. I would say go for it. I was hoping to get a second copy to hang on to sell but, just might eventually sell this copy especially if they become super rare as it seems that have :D

I don't know why I was under the impression that ME3 could be had for 10 bucks after coupon and Prototype 2 could be had for 20 bucks...

Either way I picked up ME3 and Prototype 2 for 43 out the door after coupons. I wanted to spend 30, not 40. ughhh.

Either way, I got to talking to the employee who works at the gamer section. Cool dude! He gave me the Prototype steelbook for free. He actually called a manager to come over and do a price override so I could grab it for free.

So for 43 bucks I walked out with ME3, Prototype 2 and the Prototype 2 steelbook.

Sorry for a dumb question, but are there any legit deals live for these coupons yet? The last ad I saw for Best Buy was all 3DS games.

[quote name='brauma']Sorry for a dumb question, but are there any legit deals live for these coupons yet? The last ad I saw for Best Buy was all 3DS games.[/QUOTE]

www.bestbuy.com

Check the prices of the games listed on the coupons there, subtract the amount the coupons take off for each game and decide if those prices are worth it to you.;)

[quote name='PrinnyJ']I'd settle for a Dragon's Dogma coupon to make it $10. :D

And I agree, Darksiders 2 would be awesome at that price.[/QUOTE]

I second that emotion. Starting to get the feeling that it's gonna be a looong wait for Dragon's Dogma...

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']I don't know why I was under the impression that ME3 could be had for 10 bucks after coupon and Prototype 2 could be had for 20 bucks...

Either way I picked up ME3 and Prototype 2 for 43 out the door after coupons. I wanted to spend 30, not 40. ughhh.

Either way, I got to talking to the employee who works at the gamer section. Cool dude! He gave me the Prototype steelbook for free. He actually called a manager to come over and do a price override so I could grab it for free.

So for 43 bucks I walked out with ME3, Prototype 2 and the Prototype 2 steelbook.[/QUOTE]

Did you get the Prototype2 collector's edition? I got the steelbook as well but picked up the collector's for 10 bucks more awesome plus got Witcher2 enhanced edition for 10

Stores in my local area are sold out of BF3, will they restock it? Or is it when its sold out, its sold out for good.

bread's done
Back