Updated -- Free Assassins Creed III Steelbook With Pre-Order (GS, BB, Amazon)

Saix_XIII

CAGiversary!
Feedback
158 (100%)
This is available at Best Buy, Gamestop and Amazon. At Best Buy and Gamestop when you pre-order a copy of Assassin's Creed 3 for PS3 or 360 for $5 and you get a free G1 (DVD size) steelbook, there is no blu-ray/PS3 sized case out as of now.

At amazon if you pre-order the PS3 or 360 Assassin's Creed 3 you get the same steelbook (based on all info currently available), but it is shipped when Assassin's Creed 3 is released, which is late October.

As of now most, if not all, Gamestops should have this on the floor in some way to promote the game. Best Buy should as well, but some people are reporting that the street day for Best Buy is 3/10 and are being denied them until that day.

As per usual, at some Best Buy's and Gamestops the employees are unaware of the exact details and are denying customers these for incorrect reasons.

Here is an image of it based on what the link above is showing
gallery_30_10_219709.png

I really like the way it looks I just wish there wasn't the RP thing there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to my Gamestop today just for laughs and giggles to see if they too had this elusive "ultra rare" 50 copies stand steel book for pre-order but surprisingly they didn't. I asked if they had gotten them in and the manager looked at me like I was crazy. He said he had never even heard or seen any of these steel books but I was more then welcome to pre-order. I just picked up some $1.49 PS2 sleeve only games and went on my way.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I got mine today in Racine, wi, seems like kenosha, wi didnt get their shipment in yet. But Racine had the stand with a bunch of them.[/QUOTE]

Cags creeping in my city!? What is this!?

yea this is definitely not rare, saw about a few dozen of these on display and likely to stay there until the game release but hey, a free case with some awesome art is always nice considering i will probably pick up Assassins Creed 3 sometime, the question is how low will this go especially with a release close to black friday

[quote name='exaznkid']yea this is definitely not rare, saw about a few dozen of these on display and likely to stay there until the game release but hey, a free case with some awesome art is always nice considering i will probably pick up Assassins Creed 3 sometime, the question is how low will this go especially with a release close to black friday[/QUOTE]

You can see alot of cases now, but wait untill let say 2 Months from now. All will be gone and as far as I know they are one time print. There is still alot of time untill game release in October. These cases will be no where to be found long before than

[quote name='exaznkid']yea this is definitely not rare, saw about a few dozen of these on display and likely to stay there until the game release but hey, a free case with some awesome art is always nice considering i will probably pick up Assassins Creed 3 sometime, the question is how low will this go especially with a release close to black friday[/QUOTE]

If its like AC:R then WM will mess up on release and have it for $30 and BBY will put it on sale for $30 during BF weekend.

I could care less if this game case will be rare or common. I'm just glad that a publisher is finally offering a steelbook (better quality than ME3's steelbook at that) as a pre-order incentive in the US. AC3 is probably worth the $60 like the major improvement from AC1 to AC2, a 3 year development time, gamer's feedback from AC2/Brotherhood/Revelations, plus a whole new game engine.

Never was was charge tax with any other preorder b4...But likr some have stated... rang up at the front and was charged tax this time.

[quote name='k1ngster']Never was was charge tax with any other preorder b4...But likr some have stated... rang up at the front and was charged tax this time.[/QUOTE]

You got charged tax because you are actually paying for a physical item.

[quote name='NEP']You got charged tax because you are actually paying for a physical item.[/QUOTE]

Not true at all.

At GS you are putting $5 down for the game. When you pick up the game your pre-order is canceled and they apply the $5 toward the game. At Best Buy you are paying $5 of the games price up front. So it's taxed.

It's a small difference, but one none the less.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Not true at all.

At GS you are putting $5 down for the game. When you pick up the game your pre-order is canceled and they apply the $5 toward the game. At Best Buy you are paying $5 of the games price up front. So it's taxed.

It's a small difference, but one none the less.[/QUOTE]

The clerk at the gaming section told me that info.

Besides, I don't recall being charged tax on my Mass Effect 3 pre-order.

[quote name='NEP']The clerk at the gaming section told me that info.

Besides, I don't recall being charged tax on my Mass Effect 3 pre-order.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's different at different places. I never have to pay tax when I preorder at BBY.

[quote name='solarnoise']How do people like this sleep at night:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Assassins-C...aultDomain_0&hash=item3a7188ee30#ht_556wt_964

Also does anyone else chuckle inside when they see the language these sort of sellers use in their listings? SEALED. RARE. WOW. EXCLUSIVE.[/QUOTE]

I can tell you how they sleep... very well. It's not their fault people are suckers are CHOOSE to pay high prices online instead of going to a store themself. It's the same thing as seeing an item for $50 in a store and $1000 on Amazon as a third party seller sets a high price to see if a stupid fish bites.

Considering there are a billion cheap copies on ebay, he'll be sleeping under a bridge if he was counting on that selling >_> lol

How much do you need to put down to get the case? I ask because I'll be moving this summer, so I won't be able to actually get the game at the store I pre-order at. So I'll esentially be paying cash for just the case.

Just received this:

Thank you for your interest in the Assassin's Creed III steelbook (sku 4868233) on BestBuy.com. This item is actually a free gift with the pre-order of the Assassin's Creed III video game, and our records indicate that you did not pre-order the video game. As a result, your order will be canceled.

If you are interested in the steelbook you can click here to view the Assassin's Creed III video games and steelbook offer.

I guess my Prototype 2 order will be cancelled soon also.

So you have to order the SteelBook version to get it? I wonder if I can get them to throw one in with my CE preorder?

Awesome. Now I just need to beat 60 games before Black Friday so I can play this game and make Facebook status updates so everybody knows I'm playing it while I LOLz obnoxiously.

[quote name='UnlockPotential']Awesome. Now I just need to beat 60 games before Black Friday so I can play this game and make Facebook status updates so everybody knows I'm playing it while I LOLz obnoxiously.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about?

AC3 has probably one of the coolest Steelbooks I've seen but the main problem I have with the Steelbook cases is that they never house the actual disc very well. It's very hard and somewhat risky to put the disc in and get it out. Seems like it snags too much on the plastic center piece.

But, perhaps the AC3 one won't be as bad...I'm only talking from experience. I have 3 games with cases and they all seem to be that way.

Is it weird that I made this thread....6 months ago and I completely forgot that I am the OP and when I think back I do remember making the thread, but it doesn't seem like it was 6 months ago? Very odd feeling.

bread's done
Back