*Updated*Laid off from work, Pokemon Box(Last day), Broken 60GB iPod, Halo 2 Map Pack

jetsetradio21

CAGiversary!
Hey CAGs, I have no job right now so its time to get rid of a few things. I'm putting up my sealed copy of Pokemon Box for the Gamecube

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130069754796
SOLD!

Thanks for taking a look
Free shipping if a CAG wins, just let me know if you win the auction!

To add insult to injury, my 60 GB iPod Photo decided to die.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=130071177260&rd=1&rd=1
SOLD!

Brand new Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack is going up as well
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=130072125272&rd=1&rd=1

Update: Both the iPod and my Pokemon Box sold for a good chunk of change, letting me pay of some of my bills. Same night my Pokemon Box was ending, I got a job offer and took it! Fresh out of college (haven't even walked yet) and I got a teaching job!

It's a pokemon storage system, it allows you to view the pokemon that you have collected in ruby and sapphire and organize them. It's very rare since it was only sold at the nintendo world store in new york city.

[quote name='jetsetradio21']It's my first auction, does anyone have any advice on how to get more page views or bids?[/quote]
Wouldn't worry about it, it will go for $200+ regardless. And you just started the auction so you'll rack up plenty of views by the time it ends. Most of the big bids and big jumps come in the last few hours before the auction ends.

THIS IS AVAILABLE FOR $200+?

Why the hell didn't I buy this for $9.99 when I had the chance.. Goddamnit!

I feel the same way when I think it was PokmeonCenter online had them for $19.99 and I thought, who would pay $19.99 for that? Now I wish I would have bought some.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I feel the same way when I think it was PokmeonCenter online had them for $19.99 and I thought, who would pay $19.99 for that? Now I wish I would have bought some.[/QUOTE]

Seriously said the same thing myself!

I feel your pain bro, i just got the news that i will be getting laid off myself sometime this year. Good luck on finding a new job!

Being a Pokemon expert from a competitive battling site, the Jap version has no compatability with the US games, so basically you're paying for nothing. However the US version was instrumental in the win of the Journey Across America tournament last year. Although I still see this going for a ton of money, expect it to lower slightly as Pokemon Diamond and Pearl for the DS have no compatability with it. However I bid on it.

[quote name='aduckie']THIS IS AVAILABLE FOR $200+?

Why the hell didn't I buy this for $9.99 when I had the chance.. Goddamnit![/QUOTE]

Seriously. When I saw 5 of these on my TRU shelf for $20 each back in the day, I laughed. But now... ouch.

[quote name='zerowing']Being a Pokemon expert from a competitive battling site, the Jap version has no compatability with the US games, so basically you're paying for nothing. However the US version was instrumental in the win of the Journey Across America tournament last year. Although I still see this going for a ton of money, expect it to lower slightly as Pokemon Diamond and Pearl for the DS have no compatability with it. However I bid on it.[/QUOTE]

See, that I don't get. Pokemon expert? Competitive battling? It's a turn-based RPG with a severe paper-rock-scissors element. I don't see how skill is involved at all, but maybe it's just me.

Anyway, good luck with the auction, and here's hoping you find employment soon.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I feel the same way when I think it was PokmeonCenter online had them for $19.99 and I thought, who would pay $19.99 for that? Now I wish I would have bought some.[/quote]
I'm still kicking myself for not getting it back then too. Oh well.

Good luck with the auction and finding a new job, jetsetradio21!

Not only that, but after filling the box up with certain amount of pokemon you obtain a pokemon with a move it will normally not come with. I remember one being a Swablu with some strike move that will at least leave the mob with 1 HP left, easy to catch other pokemon.

The one people want the most is if you fill the entire box (the whole thing which is a lot and a lot, and damn do I mean a lot of pokemon) you get a Pichu that knows surf. Unfortunately you can't breed that move to others...I know my wife tried so she could have a Pikachu with volt tackle and surf.

[quote name='defiance_17']See, that I don't get. Pokemon expert? Competitive battling? It's a turn-based RPG with a severe paper-rock-scissors element. I don't see how skill is involved at all, but maybe it's just me.

Anyway, good luck with the auction, and here's hoping you find employment soon.[/QUOTE]

It has a minor RPS element. You can still defeat a fire type Pokemon with a grass type for example. The Pokemon games are actually deceptively deep. Competitive battling is a pure turn-based strategy game.

[quote name='defiance_17']See, that I don't get. Pokemon expert? Competitive battling? It's a turn-based RPG with a severe paper-rock-scissors element. I don't see how skill is involved at all, but maybe it's just me.

Anyway, good luck with the auction, and here's hoping you find employment soon.[/QUOTE]
Tell someone from www.smogon.com that Pokemon is just Rock Paper Scissors, although seemingly "kiddish" the Pokemon engine is deceptively deep, the collection aspect of Pokemon appeals to the younger audience, but the people who realize that Pokemon has an engine rivaling many other games it becomes quite competitive, Nintendo offers cash, trips, and other prizes to winners of major tournaments. Check out smogon.com and look at the dedication people put into the game, like myself (zerowing there as well).

i dont really want it myself, but i will throw a bid in there for $15 to help get things going. i know not having a job sucks, i was without one for a year and just recently got a new one. hope this helps and you find a new job soon, good luck. i guess it will only show up as $15 if someone tries to bid close to that...oh well, i put one in there for $15.

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']i dont really want it myself, but i will throw a bid in there for $15 to help get things going. i know not having a job sucks, i was without one for a year and just recently got a new one. hope this helps and you find a new job soon, good luck. i guess it will only show up as $15 if someone tries to bid close to that...oh well, i put one in there for $15.[/QUOTE]

Afternoon Bump
Thanks for the bid, I'm well on my way to a bidding war now!

[quote name='Vinny']Seriously. When I saw 5 of these on my TRU shelf for $20 each back in the day, I laughed. But now... ouch.[/quote]How? These were Pokemon Store exclusives.

[quote name='zerowing']Tell someone from www.smogon.com that Pokemon is just Rock Paper Scissors, although seemingly "kiddish" the Pokemon engine is deceptively deep, the collection aspect of Pokemon appeals to the younger audience, but the people who realize that Pokemon has an engine rivaling many other games it becomes quite competitive, Nintendo offers cash, trips, and other prizes to winners of major tournaments. Check out smogon.com and look at the dedication people put into the game, like myself (zerowing there as well).[/QUOTE]

I wasn't trying to offend anyone--I've enjoyed all the Pokemon games I've played, and I know it's not "just" PRS. I guess the idea of a competition is kind of funny to me.

I too have been kicking myself because I had the chance to buy one/some on Nintendo's online store, and I passed. :'(

nice...it is up to $50 already with 5 days left. glad it is looking like you will get a nice price for it to help you until you can get another job.

bread's done
Back