Updated: Nintendo makes official announcement. Super Mario 3D World, DKC:TF, Pikmin 3 will be 19.99 March 11th

wiiups4

CAGiversary!
*We really need a "News" section too lol

I made this to let you know that Nintendo just announced "Nintendo Selects" are coming for these games, on March 11th, making them 19.99 each everywhere.

*Updated link http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-selects

So if you were interested in these games, hold off for 3 more weeks.
Some wii and 3ds titles too, check link for those.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why in the Blue fuck does Nintendo make these with different UPCs? This only adds to screw things up immensely for retailers who have NO clue these are the same thing as the first run. No different than the 360's Platinum Hits or the PS3's Greatest Hits. I went to my local Best Buy, they only had the "original" NES Remix but that one is $30. However, other retailers have synced them up. Sure, they would have price matched but it should be $16, fuck Me! When will Nintendo ever get its head out of its ass?

I am trying to use brickseek to check walmart's inventory for an original release Pikmin 3. Does anybody know what the item ID for that one is or how to search for it. When I search their webiste, only the nintendo selects version pops up.
you aren't going to find original release of pikmin 3 anywhere that game sold out everywhere a long time ago, it got rare and has been worth $60+ used and $100+ new for a while now

maybe you could find one on ebay someone held on to for just the wrong amount of time.

^^ not true bud. Out camping in a small town and ran to a local Walmart for a few things. Grabbed these goodies today!!

[attachment=20970:image.jpeg][attachment=20971:image.jpeg]

For those planning on buying on the eshop, it's worth noting that maybe you should wait a couple weeks as nintendo's new rewards program will be beginning next week and they have not stated that purchases from before opening will count. These games won't be going up in price as far as digital is concerned.
I hope they dont punish us ppl who buy physical i buy physical and it would be a slap to all of us if they dont give us the opportunity to earn points for physical game

^^ not true bud. Out camping in a small town and ran to a local Walmart for a few things. Grabbed these goodies today!!

attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
Wheres the time and date stamp =p

I hope they dont punish us ppl who buy physical i buy physical and it would be a slap to all of us if they dont give us the opportunity to earn points for physical game
. They likely won't, club Nintendo didn't, they've mentioned that they will be rewarding their fans for playing their games in a number of ways. We'll find out the full details soon enough

. They likely won't, club Nintendo didn't, they've mentioned that they will be rewarding their fans for playing their games in a number of ways. We'll find out the full details soon enough
Club nintendo did they had club codes in the games. Im just mentioning this because i saw someone earlier state eshop purchasea will get points ....so yeah i know about earning points playing games etc

In for pikmin 3 and dk tropical freeze thanks cag. How do the nintendo selects game discs look compared to original releases? I owned the games digitally with empty original cases would be good if I could put ns disc into original case.

In for pikmin 3 and dk tropical freeze thanks cag. How do the nintendo selects game discs look compared to original releases? I owned the games digitally with empty original cases would be good if I could put ns disc into original case.
Same disc artwork. I picked up DKTF, DKCR, and Pikmin 3 and they are the original artwork on the disc. Also, I will echo the sentiment that Walmart has a lot of these at the old MSRP, but you'll just need to have them scan the UPC.

How is Mario 3d world vs Mario 3d land? Come on best buy bring back b1g1 50% off. Picked up Zelda,pokemon during that sale.going for either Mario, pikin 3, and maybe nes remix.

On a different note, heard resident evil 6 coming to Xbox one and ps4. Anything improved over the older generation? Heard the game was bad (guess standards were high after re4)

Doubt they will put like codes or anything in them since people sold their codes online, or people went into gamestop to take a pic on their phones of the code to register, and so on.

They seem to be more interested in digital now, especially with the miimoto push they are going to make.

I wouldn't be surprised if they started to move away from physical rewards.

Just have to wait and see how they play it is all we can do.

I'm sorry if this has been asked/explained already, but I'm arriving at this thread on the 46th page.

Are the UPCs the same as the original printings? If I happened to find an original in stock somewhere, would it still ring up at $19.99?

I'm sorry if this has been asked/explained already, but I'm arriving at this thread on the 46th page.

Are the UPCs the same as the original printings? If I happened to find an original in stock somewhere, would it still ring up at $19.99?
As of now only Walmart has the original copies marked down to 19.96 Its not the same upc though

How is Mario 3d world vs Mario 3d land? Come on best buy bring back b1g1 50% off. Picked up Zelda,pokemon during that sale.going for either Mario, pikin 3, and maybe nes remix.

On a different note, heard resident evil 6 coming to Xbox one and ps4. Anything improved over the older generation? Heard the game was bad (guess standards were high after re4)
If you liked 3d land, you'll enjoy 3d world. I didn't particularly care for 3d world as much as I did 3d land but it is still a solid and fun mario title. It shines more in co-op so maybe if you play with others you'll enjoy it more than I did (since I played it solo).

If you liked 3d land, you'll enjoy 3d world. I didn't particularly care for 3d world as much as I did 3d land but it is still a solid and fun mario title. It shines more in co-op so maybe if you play with others you'll enjoy it more than I did (since I played it solo).
I agree with this. I loved 3D Land, and World didn't quite live up to my expectations.

The OST is sublime though.

I was hoping to pick up Pikmin but it doesnt seem to be in stock around me. Not too worried though, this is just the first batch of shipments so im in no hurry, I can grab it whenever. Im hoping this Pikmin is just as fun as Pikmin 2 was :). It looks visually amazing.

Only Toys R Us and Wal-Mart have the same price for both Selects and non-Selects versions. Try price-matching at Target. 

I agree with this. I loved 3D Land, and World didn't quite live up to my expectations.

The OST is sublime though.
Opposite for me. I 100% both games, but, was getting tired of Land near the end. World, however, I love the whole time. Both are great though.

Opposite for me. I 100% both games, but, was getting tired of Land near the end. World, however, I love the whole time. Both are great though.
My only issue was I wanted to be blown away by 3DW but that moment never came... It's just an extension of the previously built 3DL formula, and as such it didn't feel like they did enough new or substantial with the game.

I won't argue with your last statement though, both are fantastic games.

My only issue was I wanted to be blown away by 3DW but that moment never came... It's just an extension of the previously built 3DL formula, and as such it didn't feel like they did enough new or substantial with the game.

I won't argue with your last statement though, both are fantastic games.
I personally think 3D Land has superior level design. The levels in 3D World seemed too much like their trying to combine the tight levels of 3D Land and the open levels of the rest of the 3D Mario series. It makes for a lot of open empty space which doesn't work well in a linear game. It was also too easy in that regard: you could just walk around most of the enemies.

I'm sure part of the reason for that design was so people didn't get in each others way in co-op. But getting in each others way in New Super Mario Bros Wii & U made the games more fun.

quick question, when you boot up the Zelda, Pikmin, or Mario 3d games does it say "nintendo select" anywhere? Or does it have the same boot screens as the regular versions?

Found Tropical Freeze at Walmart and NES Remix at Toys R Us. Best Buy claim the Nintendo Select ones are a different item and therefore a different price. -_-

On a side note, Toys R Us has Rayman Legends for Wii U on sale for $14.99. Been waiting on this one for a long time, finally got it.

Found Tropical Freeze at Walmart and NES Remix at Toys R Us. Best Buy claim the Nintendo Select ones are a different item and therefore a different price. -_-
On a side note, Toys R Us has Rayman Legends for Wii U on sale for $14.99. Been waiting on this one for a long time, finally got it.
Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with Best Buy and Target? They are the SAME games, at least Toys R Us, Fry's and Wal-Mart get IT.

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with Best Buy and Target? They are the SAME games, at least Toys R Us, Fry's and Wal-Mart get IT.
Part of me wonders if it's not being done purposefully, in hopes that some consumers aren't aware or avid collectors will try to grab them up because they don't care.

First batch of Wii U selects are quickly disappearing in my area. Great deal for parents on a budget. I wish all games were between 19.99-29.99.

Different SKUs, different prices. That's retail.
No, that I understand. What complicates this is Nintendo using a new UPC. If they used the same one, no issue but why they treat the Selects as different item, I'm not sure. 360/PS3 both had a "Best of" line and when the new packaging arrived at retail, there wasn't the issue as they were treated as the same sku.

You can have multiple UPCs linked to a single sku, action figures, Hot Wheels, Barbies and more do it. This shouldn't be ANY different.

No, that I understand. What complicates this is Nintendo using a new UPC. If they used the same one, no issue but why they treat the Selects as different item, I'm not sure. 360/PS3 both had a "Best of" line and when the new packaging arrived at retail, there wasn't the issue as they were treated as the same sku.

You can have multiple UPCs linked to a single sku, action figures, Hot Wheels, Barbies and more do it. This shouldn't be ANY different.
Quit your whining you entitled selfish brat! Nintendo reprints great games at a phenomenal price point and all you do is complain. All of you idiots crying about not getting your precious "original" artwork should do the world a favor and jump off a bridge. There are real problems in this world and you not getting an original print isn't one.

Funny that Best Buy doesn't do the same thing for Playstation Greatest Hits titles. I've ordered what appeared to be the black label version of a game from them several times only to be sent the ugly GH copy. If I knew I was going to be sent a GH copy I wouldn't have ordered. Wish they would be consistent about it.

was at a indoor fleamarket yesterday in Quakertown, PA.

had a big videogame store, selling those Nintendo Selects at $30 a pop

someone bought a copy of mario all stars for $30 and even after i tried telling the store that they aren't $30 they refused to change price

yeah, I know, MSRP and crap, but that is just dumb. if everyone else is selling at $20 and you at $30, how many things will you sell?

someone bought a copy of mario all stars for $30 and even after i tried telling the store that they aren't $30 they refused to change price

yeah, I know, MSRP and crap, but that is just dumb. if everyone else is selling at $20 and you at $30, how many things will you sell?
Unfortunately, there are a lot of unsuspecting people out there who aren't as privy to game prices as us CAG's are.

i know, but shit man, its like i wish i could have gotten to that person sooner.

zero point in paying $10 over that big box stores have cheaper

Quit your whining you entitled selfish brat! Nintendo reprints great games at a phenomenal price point and all you do is complain. All of you idiots crying about not getting your precious "original" artwork should do the world a favor and jump off a bridge. There are real problems in this world and you not getting an original print isn't one.
Wow, fly off the handle much?

If such things bother you then just ignore the posts, no need to personally attack someone. It may be a silly complaint to you or me that doesn't illegitimize it.

LOL

Wait, you went to a flea market and told them that the price isn't right? It's their price and they can charge whatever they want for them. You can haggle but to tell them their price is wrong is a bit out there.

Wait, you went to a flea market and told them that the price isn't right? It's their price and they can charge whatever they want for them. You can haggle but to tell them their price is wrong is a bit out there.
Plus, he mentioned "somebody bought one". :lol: I'd charge $30 too if people are dumb enough to buy at that price!

Amazon shipping update: Tropical Freeze got bumped up to a Thursday delivery, while Pikmin stayed the same. A third party seller is listing both as in stock on 3/17.

They are doing it just to make you personally mad. Don't let them win. Alternatively, like you said, they are the same game, just buy them and enjoy them.

For some reason I thought Super Mario All-stars also included Super Mario World. I mean it was only $16 but I probably wouldn't have bought it if I knew it wasn't included.

For some reason I thought Super Mario All-stars also included Super Mario World. I mean it was only $16 but I probably wouldn't have bought it if I knew it wasn't included.
Original SNES version of All-Stars didn't include SMW, so that's probably why they left it out of the Wii release.

bread's done
Back