Updated: Nintendo makes official announcement. Super Mario 3D World, DKC:TF, Pikmin 3 will be 19.99 March 11th

wiiups4

CAGiversary!
*We really need a "News" section too lol

I made this to let you know that Nintendo just announced "Nintendo Selects" are coming for these games, on March 11th, making them 19.99 each everywhere.

*Updated link http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-selects

So if you were interested in these games, hold off for 3 more weeks.
Some wii and 3ds titles too, check link for those.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if Pikmin will be rare again...bleh
I bet a lot of people stocked up hoping the answer to that is yes

Man, I sure wish Metroid Trilogy was one of these titles

Other than some DLC staying physical on the Wii U because of their lame handling of purchased digital items

Picked up the last non-Selects copy of NES Remix at my local Best Buy yesterday for $15.99 w/ GCU.  Can't wait to try it out.

Dang, guess I got lucky. Just received mine today and it's the original cover.
I also received an original cover.
Welcome to my enemies list.

tumblr_lnm63lpIru1qhlth8o1_500.png

Maybe for Mom & Pop locations, yeah I get it. What's Target's excuse? Fry's Electronics has these synced up. If no major retailer linked these together, I'd give you it couldn't be done. EXCEPT some retailers did just that on launch day, so why can they do but other's can't? It's not like Target doesn't sell toys, they do. Even Toys R Us had these synced up, there's no excuse. This is BOTH Nintendo's fault and the retailer's as well, we can keep going back and forth, but this is EASILY avoidable. I'm tired of trying to buy a game priced significantly higher due to incompetence.
I get where you are coming from but at the same time it can go either way. You think they should be the same price since they are the same game, but you only want a certain version because they are actually different. If the retailers want to clear their shelf space they can lower the price on the older copies but if they see demand for the originals there might be no desire to do so. New MSRP is only on the select copies right?

I get where you are coming from but at the same time it can go either way. You think they should be the same price since they are the same game, but you only want a certain version because they are actually different. If the retailers want to clear their shelf space they can lower the price on the older copies but if they see demand for the originals there might be no desire to do so. New MSRP is only on the select copies right?
EXCEPT they are the same, while Nintendo lives and breathes to its own tune, their Selects are Sony's Greatest Hits and 360's Platinum Hits. Guess what, when a game hit that status on either 360 or PS3, it was $20 REGARDLESS of a minor packaging change. I never had the issues on PS3 or 360 compared to the Nintendo Selects.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had all the Wii U games already but I went to pick up NES Remix. I saw one non-select copy left. Had to get it. Even though regular price for it is $30

bread's done
Back