[UPDATED] Onimusha: The Essentials - $30 Bundle - Onimushas 1-3

BlueSwim

CAGiversary!
If you read the CAG Blogs then you might have seen my post about 2 $30 game bundles. Well it looks like you can add yet another bundle to that line-up with the "Onimusha: The Essentials" for the PS2.

GameStop has a listing for said bundle at the price point of $30(like the other two) with a release date of September 23rd. The games included in the bundle are not known at this time, but might very well be the first 3 Onimusha games. Perhaps even all 4.

I only have the forth Onimusha game, so I'm very interested in seeing what the bundle has to offer.

UPDATE: The games included are Onimusha 1, 2, and 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='H22A']DoD is excellent. ESPECIALLY the American version with the enhanced challenge.

Regardless, the bundle sounds nice for latecomers to the series, but I have them all plus BW, and Genma on Xbox. I periodically replay each of them.

Hoping for a 360/PS3 powered new Onimusha.[/quote]

If the bundle does well I bet Capcom would strongly consider revisiting the series.

WOW, I don't think this pack is a great "bargain" by any means. I would have considered this pretty good if the fourth game was included in the pack, but I think most of these are readily available together for less than the $30 asking price.

If your open to buying used then no it isn't that good of a deal. But new copies on Amazon however ran $15 for O2 alone, and the Amazon Marketplace had new copies for Onimusha Warlords for $20 and O3 for a whopping $35. That's $70 for everything new. And the collection is only $30 new. I rarely ever buy used because of the lack-luster condition used copies usually end up being. Bottom line, if you want them new, it's a good deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='H22A']DoD is excellent. ESPECIALLY the American version with the enhanced challenge.

Regardless, the bundle sounds nice for latecomers to the series, but I have them all plus BW, and Genma on Xbox. I periodically replay each of them.

Hoping for a 360/PS3 powered new Onimusha.[/QUOTE]

Enhanced Challenge does not mean 4x HP. That means boredom and tedious exercises in futility.

not to turn this into a trading thread, but I've got a sealed copy of Onimusha 3 that I was planning on e-bay-ing...but if a CAG swooped in and made an offer that'd be cool.

I didn't care for the first one, but thought Onimusha 2 and 3 were quite good. I'm sick to death of the "demon fighting game" theme these and Devil May cry have, but they're still really well put together. I like both of those better than the Devil May Cry games I think (or DMC's clones like God of War and Ninja Gaiden...Onimusha is somewhat slower and...I don't know, I just like it better).

I saw the other bundle the OP was making mention of. It is called the Fighters Collection, and it is put out by Namco. It contains Tekken Tag Tournament, Tekken 4, and Soul Calibur II. Gamestop has it.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I didn't care for the first one, but thought Onimusha 2 and 3 were quite good. I'm sick to death of the "demon fighting game" theme these and Devil May cry have, but they're still really well put together. I like both of those better than the Devil May Cry games I think (or DMC's clones like God of War and Ninja Gaiden...Onimusha is somewhat slower and...I don't know, I just like it better).[/QUOTE]
You're joking right. When you called GOW and Ninja Gaiden, 'DMC clones'. Tell me you're joking. Cuz if not, then you are crazy. IMO the only thing that makes these games similiar is the genre that they are in, and all 3 are totally action packed. With DMC 4 having the weaker story line and voice acting. GOW having the best story of the 3 and keeps getting better with each installment.

[quote name='62t']the problem is that Onimusha 1 and 2 cost like less than $5 while DoD is harder to find.[/QUOTE]
Used or new? Because the last time I checked Onimusha 2 was going for about $15 new. And Onimusha 3 was selling for nearly $50 new on Amazon and Ebay.

[quote name='ricoraney']I saw the other bundle the OP was making mention of. It is called the Fighters Collection, and it is put out by Namco. It contains Tekken Tag Tournament, Tekken 4, and Soul Calibur II. Gamestop has it.[/QUOTE]

Wow - interesting combination - surprised it doesn't have Tekken 5 and SC3 ... Tekken Tag is very dated now.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Wow - interesting combination - surprised it doesn't have Tekken 5 and SC3 ... Tekken Tag is very dated now.[/QUOTE]

TTT was probably included to milk out a second collection with T5 and SCIII. I think TTT was actually done on CD, so it was probably cheaper to do too.

You know what bundle I wish would be made? A Silent Hill one, compiling the first, second, and third games for $30. It's kind of hard to find any of the games besides 4 and Origins on shelves. Also, it would be a relatively good idea considering the fifth one is coming out soon.

Oh well.

[quote name='EV1L ER1C']You know what bundle I wish would be made? A Silent Hill one, compiling the first, second, and third games for $30. It's kind of hard to find any of the games besides 4 and Origins on shelves. Also, it would be a relatively good idea considering the fifth one is coming out soon.

Oh well.[/quote]

PREACH

[quote name='EV1L ER1C']You know what bundle I wish would be made? A Silent Hill one, compiling the first, second, and third games for $30. It's kind of hard to find any of the games besides 4 and Origins on shelves. Also, it would be a relatively good idea considering the fifth one is coming out soon.

Oh well.[/QUOTE]
And include the Silent Hill 3 soundtrack (like the original release of the game)...

bread's done
Back