Urban Dead - The Official Cheap Ass Survivor Thread

Damn, man. You've GOTTA roll with someone with a toolbox if you don't have one. Shoulda been in the chat and joined up with me, Geno, and Ivan. They just get back up, ya know...

[quote name='The Crotch']Damn, man. You've GOTTA roll with someone with a toolbox if you don't have one. Shoulda been in the chat and joined up with me, Geno, and Ivan.[/quote]
I would have, but i needed to study for my networking midterm tomorrow. Priorities and all that. If anyone wants to hook up and be my travel buddy ( yeah gay blah blah ) thats fine.

If we can get this particular mall up and running i'll try to get a toolbox. Besides, it would help us have a local place to restock, instead of running a few suburbs over and wasting tons of AP.

Ill group up with you, i fell asleep in brooksville somewhere

my account name is KDJAYO

:O what should i do?! i was trying to head to the green zones on that giant map on the wiki, but obviously ran out of AP....

[quote name='kdjayo']Ill group up with you, i fell asleep in brooksville somewhere

my account name is KDJAYO

:O what should i do?! i was trying to head to the green zones on that giant map on the wiki, but obviously ran out of AP....[/quote]

What suburb are you in?

Got it, consider your gay travel buddy en route!

Perhaps we are a good pair, I'm staring late due to school too.

I just submitted an entire semester's worth of work in 18 hrs beating the deadline by 6 min.!

O.K. JJ I'm in with 35 ap to burn.

There's 3 zeds outside our VSB building.
The adjacent bldg to the NE is ruined w/ 1 zed inside.

We aren't at or near a revive point are we?
I think I'll take visit our neighbor and spruce the place up a bit.

If I repair and 'cade next door, we can use it as an entry point.
That'll allow us to keep this bldg.'s 'cades higher anyway.

Any thoughts?

P.S. Crotch: Your "crude" map is awesome, no matter what anyone else says!

Done and Done!
It really is amazing how fast ap goes.

Of course, our next door neighboor was a 60 hp mo-fo with a Flak-Jack.
RNG was naughty then nice so I had to empty 4 shotguns and 2 pistols to put him down.
Tossed the corpse, repaired the bldg. and brought its 'cades to VSB.
Came back to our bldg and brought 'cades up to Heavy++.
RNG loved me on the 'cading, didn't miss until my last ap.

Not bad for a night's work if I guess, we should make it through the night at least.
JJ: If you come up with something for tomorrow, shoot me a pm.

Okay, kdjayo, lemme getcha started. First off, always sleep inside. Look for buildings that are "Very Strongly Barricaded" or less. The Firefox extensions "UDBrain" and the "UDBrain Map" are extremely handy for this, and you'd be doing all survivors a service by using it.

Second, we need the link to your profile - not just the name of your character. And set "Cheap Ass Survivors" as your group in your settings.

Third, I'll send you a PM shortly with the group's plans at the moment.

[quote name='option.iv']I came from there this morning. All four sections were EHB and lit. Watch out for pkers, they would come and go.[/quote]

Is there an entrance I can free run from? I don't need the specific building name. I can figure that part out. I just don't want to have to doubleback.

I'm looking to dive into a mall. Heal people until I can buy bargain hunting. If I understand correctly, that will double my chances of finding FAKs over searching in a hospital.

Sorry if I'm late but yeah, the building NE of the NE corner is the entry point.

Get UDBrain if you're using firefox. It'll help with buildings and their cade levels.

Everyone in my area, please show up at the meeting. Please.

Yukine - if Ivan doesn't pop on to get ya, I will.

With the addition of kdjayo, we now have exactly 40 members.

Way ahead of ya, Budge.

EDIT: Still 15 minutes 'til the meeting's supposed to start, anyway. And of course, we gotta compete with fucking Grifball...

I have no idea what Grifball is but I do know that the RNG loved me tonight.

Jake: Update on our plans for our area
I closed and 'caded our neighboring southern bldg to VSB and took our bldgs 'cades up 2x.
Went to the mall repaired and brought NE corner up to lightly 'caded.
Also killed a full hp zed in SE corner w/ the last of my ammo and dumped him.
As of now there are only 2 zombies left in the whole mall, both in SE corner.

I'm calling it an early night, g'night boys now go stomp some zed heads!

Okay, this is a little unusual, but I wanna try something new...

I'm posting tonight's orders in the thread. Temporarily. They will be removed when I believe enough time has passed.

The target is the Woodroffe Mall in the Tollyton suburb. If we get that squared away, we should focus on the area around it.

EDIT: Okay, no more zeds in the mall, just needs light barricading. I just got the Prangnell and Wakley buildings up. Please come and barricade them.

Sorry i couldn't make the meeting tonight, had two night classes. I'll also be away tomorrow night for another class.
I'll go and try to cade the mall some. We'll need some generators too soon.

Hmm, I'm going to appoint myself as the radio guy. If the leaders of the respective groups (mainly the one I'm in) can give me frequencies of interest, I can tune my radios by tomorrow. I'll also post any important messages that I come across.

Since your last turn (11:45PM PST):
  • 26.06 MHz: "9 zeds outside St columbanus hospital, help." (4 hours and 19 minutes ago)
I put a link of the radio frequencies in my sig. I would say the immediate radio district frequencies and the nearest available malls would be key frequencies of choice.

Also, our own frequency would be kind of ridiculous since we have the forum and IRC as communication.

edit: Set two of my radios to Woodroffe (26.83) and the Tollyton (26.17) district for the meantime.

[quote name='option.iv']Hmm, I'm going to appoint myself as the radio guy. If the leaders of the respective groups (mainly the one I'm in) can give me frequencies of interest, I can tune my radios by tomorrow. I'll also post any important messages that I come across.

Since your last turn (11:45PM PST):
  • 26.06 MHz: "9 zeds outside St columbanus hospital, help." (4 hours and 19 minutes ago)
I put a link of the radio frequencies in my sig. I would say the immediate radio district frequencies and the nearest available malls would be key frequencies of choice.

Also, our own frequency would be kind of ridiculous since we have the forum and IRC as communication.

edit: Set two of my radios to Woodroffe (26.83) and the Tollyton (26.17) district for the meantime.[/quote]

I have three radios on hand, one set to 28.01 (public chatter), 25.96 (heli-updates on zed counts/burb condition/etc) and 27.01.

I also have 2 portable generators. If anyone needs one dropped off, let me know.

Alright. Everybody in my group listen up. I will be gone tonight so here are your orders. Just stay where you are at, repair, heal, barricade, kill zeds, stock up. Do whatever you want that will help us or help the suburb. I will be back on as regularly tomorrow.

[quote name='sp00ge']I have three radios on hand, one set to 28.01 (public chatter), 25.96 (heli-updates on zed counts/burb condition/etc) and 27.01.

I also have 2 portable generators. If anyone needs one dropped off, let me know.[/quote]We could use some generators in woodroffe mall.

[quote name='JolietJake']We could use some generators in woodroffe mall.[/quote]

Alright, I'm in Heytown, with almost max AP, so I'll be heading down shortly.

[quote name='JolietJake']Cool, mall should still be at EHB as i left it last night, i hope.[/quote]

Yeah, it still is, but I was able to get in through an access point.

Aw, isn't this sweet.

killhimcp0.jpg

I know zeds are our main concern, but if you see this rat around, axe him some, plz.

[quote name='aTOH']Aw, isn't this sweet.

killhimcp0.jpg

I know zeds are our main concern, but if you see this rat around, axe him some, plz.[/quote]

Check out his profile now. Zombie spy from The Dead, it seems.

Dammit, i'm sick of this BS. Makes me want to attack anyone i see just in case.

Btw Charlie, mist cinema could use some more cading. It was at HB, i brought it up to VHB. Would continue but don't have a lot of AP.

Honestly if spies are becoming a problem, I say NOONE post any information on what we are doing or where we are going, keep it only to PMs and chat, people must use a name we know in chat otherwise they get removed. It seems to many of us are getting killed.

Well, Gloomy Sunday has a bounty of 9... If you have Firefox, UDBrain and UDTool are EXTREMELY useful for preventing cases such as these, or at least making you more aware.

Again, can someone pm me where darthbudge's group is situated atm?

Since your last turn (1:00PM PST):
  • 26.17 MHz: "48 Zeds outside SW corner of hilde. Cades at EHB again." (2 hours and 4 minutes ago)
  • A flare was fired 3 blocks to the west and 10 blocks to the south. (1 hour and 16 minutes ago)
  • 26.17 MHz: "SW Hildebrand Mall under siege by the RRF." (35 minutes ago)
  • 26.17 MHz: "All available SSZ survivors please reinforce." (35 minutes ago)
  • 26.17 MHz: "Please confirm RRF involvement with siege." (13 minutes ago)

The problem with the bounties showing is that a large number of PKers are actually working with the rest of the survivors right now, making it hard to know who is really fighting for which side.

[quote name='JolietJake']"Kill 'em all and let god sort 'em out.":lol:[/quote]

Its bad when the first thing to come to mind is a Dead Kennedys song.

The target mall is still 'caded. I fueled the genny in NE corner, SW corner already lit.
Jake: I also repaired and rebarricaded the ruined S. entry point to our bldg to VSB.
I also brought our bldg. to EHB and grabbed a little ammo in the mall.
I'm out of ap until the count resets but that should do for now.

(5:00PM PST)

Since your last turn:
  • 26.17 MHz: "We need more people in SW Hildebrand, it's under attack." (1 hour and 25 minutes ago)
  • 26.17 MHz: "Went NT needs help. Barricaded down, 3 zeds inside...." (1 hour and 1 minute ago)
It sounds heated in the mall to the north of you guys. Careful out there.

bread's done
Back