USED $15 Zelda OOT, $8 Sly, RDR, L4D2, $22.XX MGS HD AFTER -$10 COUP/GCU @ BestBuy

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
MOST QUESTIONS REGARDING PRICES, @GAMER MAG, GAMERS CLUB UNLOCKED(GCU) CAN BE FOUND IN THE OP OF THE MARCH @GAMER COUPON THREAD LINKED BELOW

There's a $10 off used game coupon for games $19.99 OR MORE in the March @Gamer Mag that stacks w/the extra 10% off for being unlocked
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316177

There's a $10 off used game coupon for games $29.99 OR MORE

:pray: PLEASE PROVIDE FEEDBACK on getting the @Gamer Coupons to work online(make sure you "kudo" the post to make it count)
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Allowing-Gamer-Coupons-to-be-used-online/idi-p/475807

Sound Off below BestBuy wants to know(make sure you "kudo" the post to make it count)
:pray:PLEASE PROVIDE FEEDBACK on what YOU WANT to see from an Official BestBuy rep here on CAG:
***What type of deals would interest YOU?
***What promos should be implemented/eliminated?
***What deals have other retailers done that BestBuy needs to adopt?
What improvements are needed for the Gamers Club/Gamers Club Unlocked?
Exclusive coupon packs for CAG's, $10 or $20 pre-order credit on any title...
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/An-Official-BestBuy-rep-joining-CAG/idi-p/475221
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9420240#post9420240

BB trade in estimator(for those with "big plans")
http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm

:psp:Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Impact $13.XX
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Naruto+...31.p?id=1218446816657&skuId=3976131&st=Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Impact&lp=1&cp=1​

:ps3::360:LOTR:War in the north $12.50(only X360 is listed coming soon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

:ps3::360:Elder Scrolls Skyrim $31.XX
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

:ps3::360: Battlefield 3 $31.XX
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##1##6&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

:ps3::360::wii::3ds: COD MW3 $31.XX

:3ds:Zelda OOT $14.99 before 10% off GCU
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Leg...93.p?id=1218346774479&skuId=2716593&st=legend of zelda&lp=6&cp=1

CREDIT TO htz FOR LIST OF NOTABLE $8 games(AFTER $10 OFF COUPON & 10% GCU)

:ps3:PS3
COD 4
LittlebigPlanet
Uncharted Drake's Fortune
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
LA Noire
Homefront
The Sly Collection
Borderlands
Red Dead Redemption
God of War 3

:360:X360
LA Noire
Gears of War Pack
Homefront

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm. Skyrim is $40 new now at BB. I wonder if they'll drop the used price to $35? $21.50 after coupon if I'm doing the math right?

[quote name='Lexxon']Hmm. Skyrim is $40 new now at BB. I wonder if they'll drop the used price to $35? $21.50 after coupon if I'm doing the math right?[/QUOTE]

BBY doesn't seem to discout the used version when the new is on sale. Go figure.
Still $31 at BBY or $34ish GS makes it a buy at either store in my book.

Been hoping a used Dark Souls turns up... Between the coupon and the $20 (they just credited my account, so I have a RZcert) it would only be about $5. Then again I wouldn't mind picking up Gears 3 either. Decisions decisions. On the other hand maybe get a MSpoints card...

gears 3 should be your last choice since it has been on sale multiple times of late. it was 15 bucks or so last month w/gamer mag coupon. dark souls i've yet to see go on sale so it might be the smarter buy.

[quote name='JKSonic']Been hoping a used Dark Souls turns up... Between the coupon and the $20 (they just credited my account, so I have a RZcert) it would only be about $5. Then again I wouldn't mind picking up Gears 3 either. Decisions decisions. On the other hand maybe get a MSpoints card...[/QUOTE]

Still no luck finding L4D2. 1 store in my area (out of about 10) had it, but when i went in to grab it they said they had 1 copy but it was all scratched up and had to be sent back:(

Thanks to whoever posted about Alice. By the way, since Alice is shipping to stores, you can have an employee hop on the register and order it for you through the POS. they can use the coupon and the 10% from Unlocked. 8.00 for Alice and it should be at my store by the 16th.

Sorry, I don't have specifics-- if you notice them on the Best Buy site for customers, they're doing it wrong. I heard someone suggest to my associate "Yeah, try it here, it's the hybrid version."

But its definitely doable if your store doesn't have it. Here's hoping I've got the original case and manual.

[quote name='El Rey']Picked up the lone used copy of Red Dead Redemption for 360 witht he coupon today. Can't beat $9.99![/QUOTE]

I got it for $5 over Black Friday. Beat! :)

I stopped by a Best Buy that actually sold used games yesterday. They didn't have anything over $19.99 that I wanted which sucks. My local Best Buy takes trade ins but doesn't sell used games for some reason.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Do you all think MSG HD for 360 will go to 20 new eventually? I'm in no rush but clearly will never get it off Goozex so am wondering.[/QUOTE]

It will drop to atleast $30. Gamefly will probably have it for $20 sometime later in the year. If you're not in a rush i suggest waiting, that's what i'm doing.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Do you all think MSG HD for 360 will go to 20 new eventually? I'm in no rush but clearly will never get it off Goozex so am wondering.[/QUOTE]of course all games drop over time but just follow CAG regularly & when it does you'll see it page 1 for a while. Also, look for multiple game deals(b1g1...) that will net equal or better savings.

[quote name='slidecage']too bad you cant use the coupons online[/QUOTE]did you "kudo" the idea from the link in the OP, several people have & it's really gaining steam.

Skyrim price drops all over the place have surprised me. The game has so much replay value I would think it would stay higher in price for a little longer.

I know you can't use this coupon online but has anyone had any luck using the coupon when purchasing a used game through Best Buy's website and choosing the "Ship to Store" option? I can get the Saints Row Double Pack shipped to my local store for $17, but it looks like I have to pay for it online. You think I could do a return/rebuy immediately after picking it up in store so I could use the coupon?

just place the order instore -have it shipped/transfered to store- and have them scan the coupon/ring u up.

[quote name='metallicoholic']I know you can't use this coupon online but has anyone had any luck using the coupon when purchasing a used game through Best Buy's website and choosing the "Ship to Store" option? I can get the Saints Row Double Pack shipped to my local store for $17, but it looks like I have to pay for it online. You think I could do a return/rebuy immediately after picking it up in store so I could use the coupon?[/QUOTE]

Notable Pre-owned Games deals for 3/11-3/17

iconps3.gif
MLB 10 The Show - $9.99

iconps3.gif
Resistance 2 - $9.99
iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Battlefield Bad Company 2 - $14.99
iconps3.gif
Uncharted 2 Among Thieves - $14.99
iconxbox360.gif
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - $19.99/$8 after $10 @Gamer coupon & 10% unlock bonus

iconwii.gif
Disney Epic Mickey - $19.99/$8 after $10 @Gamer coupon & 10% unlock bonus
iconxbox360.gif
Halo Reach - $24.99/$12.50 after $10 @Gamer coupon & 10% unlock bonus

op says skytim 360 is oos but i see it in stock (saw it in stock when i checked this thread yesterday, too)..
i am looking for a cheap copy of cod4 for 360

[quote name='tribalnoise']op says skytim 360 is oos but i see it in stock (saw it in stock when i checked this thread yesterday, too)..
i am looking for a cheap copy of cod4 for 360[/QUOTE]

u can get used copies of cod4 for 10 bucks or less on amz

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Skyrim price drops all over the place have surprised me. The game has so much replay value I would think it would stay higher in price for a little longer.[/QUOTE]

For me it actually has no replay value, but that might be because i did everything and leveled up every stat to 100 the first time. I have to say part of what kills the replay value for me is that the main story in skrim is atrocious and short. Id rather play Oblivion through for the fourth time than play Skyrim through for a second. Of course in a year that might change but not right now. To me Dark Souls and Arkham City have much more replay value than Skyrim.

Best Buy is killing it. Shadows of the Damned used, marked as $34.99 in store, rings up as $24.99 according to the website price. -$10.00 from GCU coupon, -10% from the unlocked discount, $12.50 before tax. Between this, Batman from last week, and picking up $5 Mass Effect 2 and Bulletstorm I've already covered my annual sub cost in the last week.

I grabbed 2 SOCOM 4's. Not to sell, but to give to friends so I'll have someone to play the co-op with. Got 2 copies for $16 + tax. Not bad seeing as how mine was almost $30 new.

EDIT: Just saw this too... Does anyone know if this stacks with a -$10.00 off coupon and RZ unlocked? Not sure if it works in store or not.

Buy Two Pre-Owned Games, Get a Third Free

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Best Buy is killing it. Shadows of the Damned used, marked as $34.99 in store, rings up as $24.99 according to the website price. -$10.00 from GCU coupon, -10% from the unlocked discount, $12.50 before tax. Between this, Batman from last week, and picking up $5 Mass Effect 2 and Bulletstorm I've already covered my annual sub cost in the last week.[/QUOTE]

I saw that about Shadows of the Damned after looking in the posting in the BBV thread. The retail price is now $30 so $12.50 is pretty good. Too bad the cloest one is over 40 miles away.

So I just recently signed up for RZ Unlocked and it still isn't showing up on my account it has been a week and I went back to the best buy and asked about it they said OH it takes 30 days before it will show up. Don't worry.

The thing is I just recently purchased Socom 4 used with the $10 off coupon but never got my -10% off pre-owned games from being RZ unlocked. They fought tooth and nail with me saying it is either the coupon or the -10% for being unlocked you can't double dip. Is this true or are they bullshitting me. The game rang up $10.XX should of been about $8.XX or so with the -10%. I am not so much worried about the money as them just flat out bullshitting me because I had to drive back out of my way to go into the store to confirm it.

In the OP it says the -10% off should work with the coupon.

[quote name='kiwimonster']So I just recently signed up for RZ Unlocked and it still isn't showing up on my account it has been a week and I went back to the best buy and asked about it they said OH it takes 30 days before it will show up. Don't worry.

The thing is I just recently purchased Socom 4 used with the $10 off coupon but never got my -10% off pre-owned games from being RZ unlocked. They fought tooth and nail with me saying it is either the coupon or the -10% for being unlocked you can't double dip. Is this true or are they bullshitting me. The game rang up $10.XX should of been about $8.XX or so with the -10%. I am not so much worried about the money as them just flat out bullshitting me because I had to drive back out of my way to go into the store to confirm it.

In the OP it says the -10% off should work with the coupon.[/QUOTE]
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9437381&postcount=66

As for the unlock status, it showed up for me 24 hours after I subscribed in store. (I subscribed on 1/31)

picked up lotr war in the north 360 for 13.53 after coupon/gcu. heard 360 version has less issues than ps3 so im gonna try and give it another go. can't hurt since i just used bb credit.

[quote name='kiwimonster']So I just recently signed up for RZ Unlocked and it still isn't showing up on my account it has been a week and I went back to the best buy and asked about it they said OH it takes 30 days before it will show up. Don't worry.

Check your receipt to see if you RZ # is on it. If not, found the problem.

[quote name='tribalnoise']op says skytim 360 is oos but i see it in stock (saw it in stock when i checked this thread yesterday, too)..
[/QUOTE]it wasn't when I 1st posted it.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Check your receipt to see if you RZ # is on it. If not, found the problem.[/QUOTE]

That was the problem the guy who signed me up never linked it to my RZ account, so the girl told me I basically bought $15 worth of nothing. She refunded me the money on a giftcard then "actually" linked it to my RZ account and used the gift card to rebuy it.

Still would not give me the -10% off pre-owned games like I am supposed to get with being RZ unlocked. Said it does not stack because I used a coupon.

so technically I can go to best buy and order Cross Edge for ps3 and pay at that time using coupon and stuff and it would work and they would ship the game to store?

-10% off stacks with every used deal.
When signing up for unlock/subscription, make sure they scan the bar code on the phamplet that adversizes the program and not some older code they had lying around. The older codes were for the 10 issue subscription alone that pre-dates free unlock with subscription program.

[quote name='kiwimonster']That was the problem the guy who signed me up never linked it to my RZ account, so the girl told me I basically bought $15 worth of nothing. She refunded me the money on a giftcard then "actually" linked it to my RZ account and used the gift card to rebuy it.

Still would not give me the -10% off pre-owned games like I am supposed to get with being RZ unlocked. Said it does not stack because I used a coupon.[/QUOTE]

Lie, 10% off stacks with every deal.

[quote name='nixmahn']Lie, 10% off stacks with every deal.[/QUOTE]

You are correct, the 10% is good on every used game deal. I'd recommend calling customer service vs. going into the store to get that corrected. They should be able to pull up your transaction history as long as you had your RZ number or used a credit card to purchase.

[quote name='frpilot']Is socom 4 still on sale this week for $19.99 per the first page of this post? The bestbuy website list it as $24.99[/QUOTE]no it ended sat. OP updated sorry.

I grabbed a copy of the :ps3:God Of War Collection(original, not origins) for $12.50 today after coupon/GCU discounts. Not bad since the game was mint/complete.

possible glitch with certain games when using the $10 off @gamer stacking with an unknown "package deal" netting RDR for $6. Not sure of the details hopefully other CAG's can figure it out. A CAG in the @gamer thread mentioned another title for cheaper as well.

Edit:Spiderman SD is the other game that's ringing up for $6

[quote name='Enuf']possible glitch with certain games when using the $10 off @gamer stacking with an unknown "package deal" netting RDR for $6. Not sure of the details hopefully other CAG's can figure it out. A CAG in the @gamer thread mentioned another title for cheaper as well.

Edit:Spiderman SD is the other game that's ringing up for $6[/QUOTE]
I assume I just take RDR or Spiderman SD to the counter and show them the coupon and all will go will. Going to try tomorrow, although don't know if Spider SD is worth $6?

[quote name='TooPoor']I assume I just take RDR or Spiderman SD to the counter and show them the coupon and all will go will. Going to try tomorrow, although don't know if Spider SD is worth $6?[/QUOTE]yep, there's a "package deal" that further reduces the price from what I've been told.

bread's done
Back