Used Assassins creed 2 for $13 on Gamefly

I almost feel bad that a game this good has hit prices so low. The $12.99 deal is only for the X360 though. PS3 version is $17.99.

I've gotten a bunch of games from them and you should check the disk (although I've not recieved one that didn't play). But the box and book are brand new. They remove the disk for the rental so it never leaves their place.

[quote name='confoosious']how do gamefly used games usually come? w/ manual and case?[/QUOTE]
Yup. Good news they are pretty much new too since they never leave the warehouse (so I assume). They send out their discs like netflix; disc only. Case/manual look completely untouched far as i'm concerned.

Shipping for this site is sooooooooo high, like $5. It often kills the deals, but sometimes they'll have free shipping promotions.

[quote name='confoosious']how do gamefly used games usually come? w/ manual and case?[/QUOTE]

While I've only bought a couple of used games from them, the ones I have bought came in pristine quality.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Non-members will probably want to hold off on ordering. They have monthly used games sales that have free shipping for everyone.[/QUOTE]

after shipping and tx it came to just under $19
i decided to hold off.

They are about 75% come with manual for me but always case and art. The discs on the other hand are the ones i get worried about. Since i returned so many they say they banned me. I guess this will save me huge $$$ in the long run but these sweet deals are killing me cause i can not order. If you signup here you can get free shipping on the used games. Another bonus but always install to the hdd before anything cause often enough they do fail. I hate playing a game for 20 hours then it locks at one spot over and over.

Gah. Thought it's the same price for PS3.

I'd actually get the PS3 version from Amazon, it's $24.99, $5 more for new compared to GF. And I'm sure lots of people have $10 credit from previous purchases. Maybe I would do that actually..

[quote name='paz9x']after shipping and tx it came to just under $19
i decided to hold off.[/QUOTE]
this^
ill wait til they do another free shipping promotion

Shipping kills the deal for me. Was actually excited for a while. Will wait for the monthly sale. Thanks OP !

[quote name='dannyox718']Shipping for this site is sooooooooo high, like $5. It often kills the deals, but sometimes they'll have free shipping promotions.[/QUOTE]

always free shipping for members....so it never kills the deal :lol:

[quote name='joeyshadows']I prefer the 360 port. When I played it on my 80gb PS3 it was a little choppy in some areas. Great price.[/QUOTE]

hmm never noticed this, completed it 100% on PS3....

I agree the tax and shipping kills it for me. I can wait til I see in a store somewhere for $19.99 new. Have already seen it once that price at Hastings about a month ago. Just wasn't interested at the time. It's raining price drops.

The GOTY Edition is coming out soon, which has both of the DLC missions. Knowing Ubisoft the price will go down for that edition very soon.

[quote name='Wish']I almost feel bad that a game this good has hit prices so low. The $12.99 deal is only for the X360 though. PS3 version is $17.99.[/QUOTE]

Don't. Just read yesterday that it sold 9 million copies so far.

[quote name='thepik241']The GOTY Edition is coming out soon, which has both of the DLC missions. Knowing Ubisoft the price will go down for that edition very soon.[/QUOTE]

exactly what I'm waiting for, just renting it for now

Pretty good price for this game, but I must warn the PS3 version has some terrible graphics issues. Mainly screen tearing and choppy camera rotation. For this reason I had only rented this game, but at this price it is a tempting buy. Also I am a gamefly member and bought my first used game from them about a month ago. (Bioshock 2). It arrived in basically new condition. There was still some OEM plastic left on the case and the manual was pristine. Hope this helps!

i, too, am waiting for the monthly free shipping promos'. does anyone know when that comes about?

Assassin's Creed 2 and Bioshock 2 were just on sale for $17.99 with free shipping, both consoles, a couple weeks ago I think. I'd say late May.

I imagine that is/was the monthly sale. Ended on the 24th I believe.

[quote name='Organ Donor']Awesome price. I'm still gonna hold out till its $9.99 tho.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I picked up the first one for that price on BF on amazon last year. I can wait.

Yeah, this is a killer price. I don't regret buying it at launch though; had a blast with this game.

As for you guys asking about the condition of games kept/bought from Gamefly, I use them as my primary source for buying games and I've yet to receive a game that was anything less than perfect. I'm talking over 11 games. Pretty good win ratio, far as I'm concerned.

[quote name='skunkyone']Pretty good price for this game, but I must warn the PS3 version has some terrible graphics issues. Mainly screen tearing and choppy camera rotation. For this reason I had only rented this game, but at this price it is a tempting buy. Also I am a gamefly member and bought my first used game from them about a month ago. (Bioshock 2). It arrived in basically new condition. There was still some OEM plastic left on the case and the manual was pristine. Hope this helps![/QUOTE]

don't listen to this. these issues are not "terrible" and are hardly worth noticing. dont let this steer you away from this great game

[quote name='Wish']I almost feel bad that a game this good has hit prices so low. The $12.99 deal is only for the X360 though. PS3 version is $17.99.[/QUOTE]

It's ubisoft. That's like saying 'I feel bad for eating food.' It's a natural process that happens with almost everything they take out.

I have a ? before I even think of considering this. I remember playing it when it came out and I quit cold turkey at the point they introduced the whole "now you have a place of your own and it's time to earn money to buy upgrades for it" thingie. Argh. The idea of having to earn $ to upgrade a stupid farm or whatever. Gag me. So, here's my question for those who have beat it. Do you HAVE to do all that or can you totally ignore that and still play the main story through? If so, I will consider getting it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an absolute steal. ACII was my favorite game last year. I even enjoyed it (a little bit) more than Uncharted 2. If you haven't picked it up, do it now.

[quote name='mrg']I have a ? before I even think of considering this. I remember playing it when it came out and I quit cold turkey at the point they introduced the whole "now you have a place of your own and it's time to earn money to buy upgrades for your it" thingie. Argh. The idea of having to earn $ to upgrade a stupid farm or whatever. Gag me. So, here's my question for those who have beat it. Do you HAVE to do all that or can you totally ignore that and still play the main story through? If so, I will consider getting it again.[/QUOTE]

This is such an afterthought in the game. From what I remember, you'd be able to play through the entire game without touching this "town customization" piece. But it's really not time consuming, and you earn more money automatically for updating, making it easier to buy new items, earn trophies, etc. Don't let this little aspect keep you from playing the game - it's great!

And yes, I agree with an earlier comment that the PS3 graphics DO NOT detract from the experience in any way.

I loved this game.

As for the town where you upgrade things, I really liked that part of the game. I wish they had expanded it more. You can ignore it if you want, but it'll take you a long time to upgrade your armor/weapons if you don't do it. It doesn't take much work, and it takes no thought, and very limited strategy (do you want to buy upgrades to your town to make you earn money faster so you can afford everything, or do you just want to pump your money into weapons, which also makes you money as well). It's actually a fun little distraction in the game, but it is by no means a big part of the game. AC2 is awesome. You should check it out.

Has anyone been able to explain why PS3 games usually seem to have a higher sale price than Xbox360 games? Not just for Gamefly, but in general period.

[quote name='cycophuk']Has anyone been able to explain why PS3 games usually seem to have a higher sale price than Xbox360 games? Not just for Gamefly, but in general period.[/QUOTE]

Blueray??

I would definitely buy this...if I had finished the first one. I'm sure it'll hit this price again soon anyways.

Also to note, it seems a few other games have dropped a bit(they may have before, I'm just noticing these now)

Bayonetta 360 - $29.99
Dark Void $12.99
NFS: Shift $14.99(I thought this was $19 not long ago)

Not much but someone may care.

bread's done
Back