Used Dreamcast back at EBgames.com

Anyone who doesn't have one of these should jump on it ASAP. A great library of games and graphics that at many times are better than the PS2. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='Genocidal']...and graphics that at many times are better than the PS2. [/QUOTE]

:whistle2:? In what country are the DC's graphics considered better than the PS2's?

[quote name='Vinny']:whistle2:? In what country are the DC's graphics considered better than the PS2's?[/QUOTE]

Well...some first generation PS2 games weren't exactly the prettiest graphics in town.

Ordered mine 2 Friday's ago when it was on backorder, and it was shipped last Monday. Recieved it on Saturday. The system was in great shape, but the controller was grimey as hell. The system works great though. I forgot how loud the DC is. But absolutely well worth the $20 and it works with SAVER.

Not to mention there are a lot of DC games that have graphics that put PS2 games to shame.

He's not saying that all DC graphics are better than PS2 graphics, but there are certainly a lot of very good looking games for the system (and just imagine if it hadn't died young).

Great deal OP, but I got a DC way back when it launched, memories.....

[quote name='Sku Rhim']Add to that the 15 games for $50, and you've got some serious cheapass gaming: (note that these used DC games my not include the box and/or manual)[/QUOTE]

If the online store is anything like their local B&M stores, almost all of the used DC games will come disc only. A lot of them are still great games, but it's a shame you can't easily find them complete anymore. :cry:

[quote name='Vinny']:whistle2:? In what country are the DC's graphics considered better than the PS2's?[/QUOTE]

Basically, the ones that were ported to DC to ps2. Sega Sports Tennis, Ferrari, DOA2, Grandia II just to name a few. The DC actually had anti-aliasing so those titles look much better on DC. Also, Grandia II is supposedly really glitchy on ps2.

[quote name='pinoy530']Basically, the ones that were ported to DC to ps2. Sega Sports Tennis, Ferrari, DOA2, Grandia II just to name a few. The DC actually had anti-aliasing so those titles look much better on DC. Also, Grandia II is supposedly really glitchy on ps2.[/QUOTE]

MDK2 is much better on the DC. Still love playing mine. Working on Seaman right now.

[quote name='Sailorneorune']Woot! I should get one if I can sell my textbook.

Anyone need a copy of Microsoft Office 2003 Advanced Techniques? :)[/QUOTE]

You're taking a class on Office? Hee hee.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']79 left! Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurry! ;p[/QUOTE]

I would get one but eh...no good games at GS AND EB (a few but not enough to warrent a purchase.

I know its a touchy subject, but don't forget easy emulation on the DC too. You could just burn a CD with every NES game on it if you wanted to, and play it with no modding or anything. Plus a lot of DC games are dirt cheap now.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Pfft...got mine last summer from ebgames.com used for $10.[/QUOTE]
Me too, except I got it in store. It has served me well.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Does this come with all needed cables or no?[/QUOTE]

as far as I know. :D

and whats this about modding on a DC? somebody drop me a PM ;)

This deal has been around for a while, and I've been considering it for like a year, but the games they have aren't too hot, not much I'm interested in. It's still a good deal, though; the football games were superb for their time.

I got one from EB recently (saver worked but no discount codes) . . . came complete and in great shape . . . now I need games.

Dreamcast owns. Better 2d fighters, better anti-aliasing - PS2 games didn't catch up until at least 2 years in...

Grandia II is supposedly very glitchy on PS2. Get the DC version instead, and for cheaper. :D

Plus some decent emulators for the occasional playing around (real games on real hardware are better).

[quote name='Backlash']You're taking a class on Office? Hee hee.[/QUOTE]

It was required for my major (IT - Microsoft Certified Server Administrator Program); I know about Microsoft Office to not need the book for the class, but it was required. Feh. Maybe someone will buy it on ebay.

No one should pass it up at this price. Although I got mine cheaper last year, this is still a terrific deal for such a great system.

[quote name='Genocidal']You'll have PM shortly joe.[/QUOTE]

could ya send me one of those PM's too, Genocidal? Thanks in advance!

I love my dreamcast, can never get enough of any of the RPGS and fighting games! But every game is amazing

Some of you obviously haven't played a Dreamcast recently if you think that it was comparable in any way to the PS2 graphically. 3D dreamcast games don't hold up well at all due to to the fact that they are extremely lacking in polygons (an average PS2 game draws 4-5 times the number of polygons/second as even the most demanding Dreamcast games), not to mention the system could only due very primitive colored lighting effects. Even early PS2 games such as Tekken Tag and The Bouncer obliterate anything that was ever done on the Dreamcast, and the gap only got wider after the higher profile games started rolling in. Maybe the Dreamcast could have made up some ground if it hadn't died an early death, but given the DC's weakness for pushing polygons it probably wouldn't have made much difference.

[quote name='qaopjlll']Some of you obviously haven't played a Dreamcast recently if you think that it was comparable in any way to the PS2 graphically. 3D dreamcast games don't hold up well at all due to to the fact that they are extremely lacking in polygons (an average PS2 game draws 4-5 times the number of polygons/second as even the most demanding Dreamcast games), not to mention the system could only due very primitive colored lighting effects. Even early PS2 games such as Tekken Tag and The Bouncer obliterate anything that was ever done on the Dreamcast, and the gap only got wider after the higher profile games started rolling in. Maybe the Dreamcast could have made up some ground if it hadn't died an early death, but given the DC's weakness for pushing polygons it probably wouldn't have made much difference.[/QUOTE]

The curious thing is that one of the Dreamcast launch games, and without a doubt, is the best Dreamcast game is SOUL CALIBUR, and to be fair and honest, till this day, that game looks and plays AMAZING, there's no denying the Dreamcast had the potential, that never was tapped....just because the Playstation 2 was going to deliver the goods , that to this day , are only possible on the PS3, how ironic, eh? Yep , here it comes again, the famous excuse of the Sony Hype Machine, .........it's true, hype causes a lot in the weak minded, hehe.....no doubt, about it.....What brings me to the current state of gaming, gaming has changed a lot, since my old days, with may 2600, and 8bit days........time will tell....mainstream gaming has being good to all of us....but has bring also a lot of problems for the huge industry that has become, of videogaming....but that's my friends is another story.!

[quote name='zackattack']DC also has a direct VGA adapter, stuff looks really good on a monitor :)[/QUOTE]

Ya, I recommend getting a VGA adapter. Soul Caliber looks really good on it. :)

[quote name='hcamacho']The curious thing is that one of the Dreamcast launch games, and without a doubt, is the best Dreamcast game is SOUL CALIBUR, and to be fair and honest, till this day, that game looks and plays AMAZING, there's no denying the Dreamcast had the potential, that never was tapped....just because the Playstation 2 was going to deliver the goods , that to this day , are only possible on the PS3, how ironic, eh? Yep , here it comes again, the famous excuse of the Sony Hype Machine, .........it's true, hype causes a lot in the weak minded, hehe.....no doubt, about it.....What brings me to the current state of gaming, gaming has changed a lot, since my old days, with may 2600, and 8bit days........time will tell....mainstream gaming has being good to all of us....but has bring also a lot of problems for the huge industry that has become, of videogaming....but that's my friends is another story.![/QUOTE]

I'm not going to get into the Sony Hype Machine, but the DC had some incredible looking games. Games that, extrapolated over the full life of a console, would be comparable to most of what the PS2 has. Not all, but most. The DC's true calling was 2D fighters, and it kicked everyone's ass in that.

My country, especially if you've got a Dreamcast VGA box and a 36" VGA monitor like I do. :D

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I'm not going to get into the Sony Hype Machine, but the DC had some incredible looking games. Games that, extrapolated over the full life of a console, would be comparable to most of what the PS2 has. Not all, but most. The DC's true calling was 2D fighters, and it kicked everyone's ass in that.[/QUOTE]

Seems, like I'M not alone here, eh....the industry killed the Dreamcast...that was the true all along.

I bought my DC with 2 games, VMU and 2 controllres at EB for $27 about a year ago. I absolutely love getting old systems like that. You can play all the AAA titles like Shenmue for $5!

Screw paying $55 for some crappy EA sports title, when I can get NHL Live, NBA Live, Tee Off, for DC for $10 for all.

I was lucky to get a Dreamcast last year for only $10 and managed to find complete copies of Soul Calibur and Shenmue. Best $30 total I've ever spent. My only problem is finding more DC games, most of my stores nearby either only have old sports titles or stopped carrying them.

[quote name='zackattack']DC also has a direct VGA adapter, stuff looks really good on a monitor :)[/QUOTE]

Where's a good place to get a cheap VGA adapter? Are the third-party ones ok? Those seem to be the only reasonably-priced ones on ebay.

Ahhhh, which is why my xbox + x2vga + 24" Dell widescreen will keep me happy for years to come. Or at least until I finish all the backlog of games I bought and haven't played. There's something about crisp high def vga graphics that a tv can never do justice for. Too bad the PS2 doesn't have a good vga adapter.

Where's a good place to get a cheap VGA adapter? Are the third-party ones ok? Those seem to be the only reasonably-priced ones on ebay.
The performance VGA adaptor for the DC is a highly regarded 3rd party adaptor for the DC. I have one myself and it works great for 480p goodness on my LCD TV. They pop up from time to time on eBay.

Numsay

bread's done
Back