Used game ps3 sale

[quote name='fydo']Some pretty decent prices, but I went through part of the checkout process and noticed that shipping to Canada is the same price as to the US? Is that correct?[/QUOTE]

I have never shipped internationally before. If it costs more then I'm willing to pay the price at this point, and then I can always change it after gaining that experience.

[quote name='agentghost']he said all games have cover art when being questioned about "case and manual"? lolz what's about manual and case, dude? the lack of description on the product page is really hard for us to dispute with our credit card in case of thing goes wrong.

How hard could it be to just add detail description into his listing IF he is commited to be transparent and legit? I reckon that he could sell KZ2 for higher if he craiglist or Ebay them... why didn't he? lol

I might get flamed for sounding skeptical but hey it is your money, CAG members. Do what u will...greed has been a powerful tool lately to scam ppl out of their money.[/QUOTE]

I had a few people ask about the cover art or case so I just tried to approach it from every angle. I'm going to work hard to update that product pages with accurate details of what you would be purchasing.

And I'm selling these games so cheap so I can gain some customers. You have your rights to sound skeptical and ask any question of me. I'm glad to answer any of them.

Ok Hey Everybody,
I would have loved to stay and keep in touch all day but I did have to go to my full time job that some one posted about earlier.

Will call is definitely for people who pick things up. My buds don't like paying for shipping when I'm dropping it off at their house.

I appreciate some one clearing up that Halo Reach is not $5, thats the pre-order price. No need to pay for the whole things now it's not out until September.

I ship next day, so anything you guys ordered today will go out tomorrow. Shipping tends to take 2-4 days depending on where you are.

Thank you for the orders that you placed today. I don't know how it happened but 5 orders did get placed for my one copy for Killzone 2. I'm working on a solution to this problem. Also thank you for breaking my shopping cart and adding billions of games. I tested the cart for a while now but never imagined putting the strain on it that you did. I'll look into fixing that.

My inventory started as my old pile of games, thats where Disgaea 3 came from. The new games I buy from a whole seller and the used games are pre owned games that have been sold to me.

I'm selling these game and running this site because I'm trying to start something. I appreciate all the feedback and comments that made me laugh after a long day at work. And no I didn't snap. I'm going to take all these ideas back with me and maybe push back my July sale for a little bit. Anymore questions or concerns I will reply to.

I think you could do a little better with your pricing on new ps3 games. Like bayonetta for example. You are asking $59.99 with free shipping right, you get it from Amazon for $39.99 with free shipping. Just sayin'.

[quote name='Relysis']If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere. This is a tough crowd, to put it lightly.[/QUOTE]

we CAG ain't tough... u should try flea market sometimes hehe

[quote name='strizay']I think you could do a little better with your pricing on new ps3 games. Like bayonetta for example. You are asking $59.99 with free shipping right, you get it from Amazon for $39.99 with free shipping. Just sayin'.[/QUOTE]

Some of the prices need to be updated. A constant work in progress. I appreciate you pointing it out tho.

I'm cheap AND lazy D: But I guess I'll take a look at the site. I even had trouble ordering Dead Space for PS3 at $10 but I'm happy about it now :)

I just have one last question: If you are trying to sell old games you bought at Gamestop, why don't you just starting a thread under the trading forum like everyone else?

[quote name='DesertLeo']your site still has Super Mario Galaxy 2 for "pre-order"

and it shows the Super Mario Galaxy 1 box art.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='agentghost']i am amazed that this thread is not locked. I thought CheapyD doesn't tolerate self-promotion on CAG. lol[/QUOTE]

Do you really count this thread as self-promotion or business suicide :bouncy: .

[quote name='iwannadie']Do you really count this thread as self-promotion or business suicide :bouncy: .[/QUOTE]

Definitely suicide. From every mistake comes opportunity. I wanted to start a community of gamers and in that I have succeeded. The work I put into the site and everything I do for my business is about the customers. I hope some of you find this business helpful and worth the time spend, but I know it's not for everybody. (Especially those who prefer better grammar and spelling.)

[quote name='TheGameEmporium']Definitely suicide. From every mistake comes opportunity. I wanted to start a community of gamers and in that I have succeeded. The work I put into the site and everything I do for my business is about the customers. I hope some of you find this business helpful and worth the time spend, but I know it's not for everybody. (Especially those who prefer better grammar and spelling.)[/QUOTE]

We are just questioning the validity of your business. I hope you have a TAX ID number and a business license (I would assume you need one from your city even though it's an online business).

As far as spelling and grammar goes, that falls under the professionalism category. You are catering to a crowd that pays attention to these things. If you were a convenience store or a Burger King, we might be a little more forgiving. But for someone who is asking that this community trust him with the condition and timely processing of a used game that you admittedly have bought from other retailers, you don't exude the legitimacy of a real online business. As someone implied earlier, you would fit in better at the flea market rather than an online forum with educated consumers.

First of all I will say this site has the biggest bunch of pricks I've ever seen. Doesn't matter if you're asking for help, promoting a business, complaining about the numerous crap systems they put out (yes your PS3's are all a bunch of shit and yes I do own one) haha but they do mean well in a way. All a bunch of snobby video games nerds but isn't that part of the reason we're all here. Kind of like the little brother you will look out for but want to punch at the same time.

But hey if you're legit I see everyone whistling a different tune. After all you accept paypal and if you screw over even 1 person on paypal you can no longer receive money. Plus people can always stop payment etc so most internet scamers get shut down quick these days. I am personally waiting for one of these people to say they received their game and all is well and when it happens I will be giving you my business. I would have been the first if 2 others hadn't already done it so it's a wait and see approach.

And to all the people who have put 1,000,000 things in the cart etc have you tried this with amazon etc? Yes they have a limit but it's usually around 100 etc and even then they wouldn't be able to fill your order in the time they say. Then again they don't expect someone to acctually have $200,000.00 to spend on xbox system at retail price. If you had 200k and wants all 360s you would find a wholesaler or by god a wholesaler would find you.

I've got all the respect in the world for you, trying to give us cheap ass gamers good games and a respectable and affordable price (mostly) and yea you are no amazon but you don't have hundreds of nerds with multiple degrees, and CEOs running your site either. Good start up site, hope it works out for you, because that would mean it works out for all of us. From a person who has multiple business owners and multiple millionaires in his family (as well as 2 now closed businesses to my own resume) learn from your mistakes and you will go where you want to go. If this is for a side job for extra cash you will do well with ok work and moderate time being put in.

If it's just to sell old games rather than to let gamestop, gorilla etc mark them up you'll be around as long as you want because with even just a few dozen customers they will always rather buy from you than a commercial business.

Or if it's your plan to be the next gamestop etc. keep your goals high, put your customers higher, and may the profits come rolling in. Just remember who keeps the cash in your pockets and remember for every 100 satisfied customers 2-3 people may hear about your site. But for every disatisfied customer 20 people will KNOW about it. Good luck.

[quote name='TheGameEmporium']Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know if that was allowed or not. Is there a good way to contact CheapyD?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure if you just google "douchebag of the year 2008" his info should just pop right on up!!

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']We are just questioning the validity of your business. I hope you have a TAX ID number and a business license (I would assume you need one from your city even though it's an online business).

As far as spelling and grammar goes, that falls under the professionalism category. You are catering to a crowd that pays attention to these things. If you were a convenience store or a Burger King, we might be a little more forgiving. But for someone who is asking that this community trust him with the condition and timely processing of a used game that you admittedly have bought from other retailers, you don't exude the legitimacy of a real online business. As someone implied earlier, you would fit in better at the flea market rather than an online forum with educated consumers.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much this.

This website reaks of a 17 year old high school economics class project. I think if this is just a "startup project" then you need to get it together A LOT before you start going on forums pimping out your website.

gotta agree with everyone that this all seems strange - especially since there's a marketplace/trade forum on this site. i'm not saying you're illegitimate; i'm sure the people who ordered from you will get their games with no trouble. it's just bizarre that you're pimpin a resale site here when it doesn't seem like you're trying to be a retailer (e.g., having only one copy of each game)

but what do any of us know - as "dsreptiles" says, we're all a bunch of nerds. oh, and that bad internet retailers no longer exist thanks to paypal, which i didn't know. etc., etc., etc...

Can you tell me if Socom Confrontation comes with original case and manual? You seem to be kind of dodging the question by just saying boxart.

Last edited by a moderator:
man you guys are a tough crowd. However, I guess all of these extreme, and often-times overly snobby, "comments" will help the TC learn. I commend you for starting up this business and hope you succeed...I also commend your ability to not blow a fuse on some of these kids in your thread....some people are just so rude.

Noting I am interested in buying, but I thought thought having a picture up in the "service" link was a bit much. That and the fact that the phone number being used for the "store" is not a listed number... probably a cell phone number. Too sketchy for me.

He does seem to have a custom URL (http://www.TheGameEmporiumNH.com), but it just seems to be a pointer to the intuitwebsite store since the URL changes when you use it.

My guess he's just trying to sell some stuff without the hassle of EBay assuming he's legit.

BTW - Here's the pict on his intuitwebsite store.

Robsphoto-1.jpg

[quote name='AgentZero5150']Can you tell me if Socom Confrontation comes with original case and manual? You seem to be kind of dodging the question by just saying boxart.[/QUOTE]

The Socom comes with the original case and manual and artwork. Thanks for checking before buying.

[quote name='biscuit']Noting I am interested in buying, but I thought thought having a picture up in the "service" link was a bit much. That and the fact that the phone number being used for the "store" is not a listed number... probably a cell phone number. Too sketchy for me.

He does seem to have a custom URL (http://www.TheGameEmporiumNH.com), but it just seems to be a pointer to the intuitwebsite store since the URL changes when you use it.

My guess he's just trying to sell some stuff without the hassle of EBay assuming he's legit.

BTW - Here's the pict on his intuitwebsite store.

Robsphoto-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I like that picture of Rob! Rob is a friend of mine that was an early customer of The Game Emporium. He reached out to me and asked if he could write video game reviews to go along with the service I was already offering. We have had a partnership since and you can read all of his reviews on our facebook page. Since then I have brought on 2 other reviews who are writers with a secondary passion for gaming. I'm still trying to work on a way of displaying their work and their bio's in a professional yet functional way.

The phone number is a Google Voice number. Gotta use the resources available.

And the Intuit business template is great but they do redirect you to a different URL. A minor flaw that causes little hindrance.

[quote name='Finishoff']Just asking, when can I expect my order to arrive if I ordered on Tuesday? A time range would be nice ^^[/QUOTE]

I sent everything first class, so it should be there around Monday. The weekend always throws a cramp in things.

[quote name='jful']gotta agree with everyone that this all seems strange - especially since there's a marketplace/trade forum on this site. i'm not saying you're illegitimate; i'm sure the people who ordered from you will get their games with no trouble. it's just bizarre that you're pimpin a resale site here when it doesn't seem like you're trying to be a retailer (e.g., having only one copy of each game)

but what do any of us know - as "dsreptiles" says, we're all a bunch of nerds. oh, and that bad internet retailers no longer exist thanks to paypal, which i didn't know. etc., etc., etc...[/QUOTE]

I only have the one copy on the used games. As anyone can sum up stocking a large amount of used games takes a lot of time and resources. Right now I can only list used games as they come in. But new merchandise can be ordered, so we have as much of that as we need.

[quote name='Finishoff']Thanks for quick response :D[/QUOTE]

No problem. I have been wanting to reply to these messages for a little bit now, but I have been pretty busy at work so that limits the time I have for at home work.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']We are just questioning the validity of your business. I hope you have a TAX ID number and a business license (I would assume you need one from your city even though it's an online business).

As far as spelling and grammar goes, that falls under the professionalism category. You are catering to a crowd that pays attention to these things. If you were a convenience store or a Burger King, we might be a little more forgiving. But for someone who is asking that this community trust him with the condition and timely processing of a used game that you admittedly have bought from other retailers, you don't exude the legitimacy of a real online business. As someone implied earlier, you would fit in better at the flea market rather than an online forum with educated consumers.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the grammar criticism. I hated English like a passion when I was in school. Math was always more fun. I mean what other class lets you build with colored geometric shapes. Looking back over my grammar is now on my list of corrections and will be addressed soon.

[quote name='adamones']Pretty much this.

This website reaks of a 17 year old high school economics class project. I think if this is just a "startup project" then you need to get it together A LOT before you start going on forums pimping out your website.[/QUOTE]

Gotta start somewhere. I'm not trying to get everyone on the internet to flood to my site. I know it's not the greatest and there are things that are wrong but thats why I'm not buying ad space on Google or Facebook.

Don't worry I wont be 'pimping' anytime soon.

[quote name='TheGameEmporium']But new merchandise can be ordered, so we have as much of that as we need.[/QUOTE]

So you're selling things that you don't have, you take the money and then go buy it? Like a drug dealer. Ooooookay...

Based on the OP's responses, I think he would be more suited to run for office instead of running a video game business out of his garage.

Personally, I think you should shut your site down. You've already had CAG's purchase 3 or more copies of your Killzone 2 that you only had one of in stock. Your inventory and shopping cart system is broken, and you're starting to have more doubters than believers at this point.

Shut the site down, fix it, test it, then bring it back when you know you can handle it. Sell your games in the marketplace forums in the meantime.

It's definitely tough to start your own video game business. However it's tougher to start when you're already in quicksand.

Best of luck in your future endeavors.

[quote name='Vegan']So you're selling things that you don't have, you take the money and then go buy it? Like a drug dealer. Ooooookay...[/QUOTE]

Eh? My drug dealer only sells what he's holding.

[quote name='Vegan']So you're selling things that you don't have, you take the money and then go buy it? Like a drug dealer. Ooooookay...[/QUOTE]

I think you could have taken my comment in two directions, and you picked the one more traveled down. New merchandise can be purchased there for I can stock it much easier than used. Used trickles in based on customers. So when new things come in they are usually more than one.

As someone who has their own online storefront, it seems like he fell into the pitfalls that I nearly did;
Inventory control (I caught this one first, and so now I mark all game listing with actual stock so there's no order overlap)
Bad choice of shopping cart software (Intuit is ok, but it does cause issues with all the redirecting and whatnot)

And the worst pitfall of all would be advertising stuff like this on the Video Game Deals forum, for a multitude of reasons.

Stock is extremely limited; This isn't like a GoCrazyGames or GameDealDaily; stock is rarely in the triple digits and at times, is usually 9 or less. People get pissy about that. Not so much a deal as really a limited time offer, so the Trading forum works fine for this.

They're dealhunters and hagglers, so they'll always try to mess with you on things, even if the price you have is the best out there. Zero profit here.

And finally, CAG people just suck in general. :p

Honestly, I'd say pack it up and relaunch in a few months. Take the critiques you've gotten here and focus on them.

If you want my advice, just open an Ebay store. trying to start an online business with little items to sell isn't going to be good, especially when you advertise to a game hungry crowd.

[quote name='strizay']If you want my advice, just open an Ebay store. trying to start an online business with little items to sell isn't going to be good, especially when you advertise to a game hungry crowd.[/QUOTE]

This is false. eBay and Amazon stores are nice supplements if you want an online storefront, but they should absolutely not be the end all be all. You always need a standalone site. eBay in particular is hella useless.

There was a misunderstanding and an error, everything's been cleared, I received the Killzone 2 game that I ordered for $12. Came with cover, manual and game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Finishoff']Hey guys a update the site is not legit.

I just got my package, inside I got the Killzone 2 game cover and manual (seems like it was purchased as gamestop with the sticker residue) and no game inside.

Pretty slick sending a game cover and manual with no game. I'm in the process in filing a paypal charge back and fighting them to the fullest. The game arrived in a white envelope especially used for sending dvd size packages. I thought this site was legit when I got my package but when I opened it it was empty.[/QUOTE]
This is incredibly funny. Funny that someone would have the audacity to perform business like this.

Many businesses operate this way.

bread's done
Back