Used HD DVD players $149.99 @ Ebgames.com

carpwrist

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
900659b.jpg

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=900659

Hey, HD DVD player for $150 isn't bad. Perhaps this belongs in another thread, but it should be well-noted to those of you in the market for that High Definition upgrade.

okay deal, but a new one could be had for $160 using the $40 off $199 coupon that comes out semi- regularly for CC. This probably doesn't come with King Kong either :( .

I picked one up a couple months ago with the 10% off coupon that came in Game Informer. My Edge card stacked with that for another 10% off to make it $128 total. Unfortunately it didn't come with the remote or King Kong. I really had no use for it so I ended up selling it for pretty much what I paid for it.

[quote name='gofishn']I picked one up a couple months ago with the 10% off coupon that came in Game Informer. My Edge card stacked with that for another 10% off to make it $128 total. Unfortunately it didn't come with the remote or King Kong. I really had no use for it so I ended up selling it for pretty much what I paid for it.[/QUOTE]

are you cereal? you bought an HD DVD player for just over $128 and then sold it?!? May Al Gore piss on your grave Manbearpig!

i try to get as many ppl as possible to buy this.. its such a bargain....even at full price

its a no brainer and a great price to enter the hd movie world..

plus it works on your pc as well

[quote name='Danil ACE']IMO not really a good investment until it is clear who wins the HD format battle.[/quote]

exactly. Im not gonna even touch a 300-500 dollar media player until I see which one is clearly worth my money. I hope the difference will become vast enough by christmas...

[quote name='abhinav']Good price but the only reason i would want this over my Bluray player (PS3) is children of men.[/quote]

children of men? :bomb:

an o.k. movie at best. too slow, and tried to be "artsy"

[quote name='linkpwns']exactly. Im not gonna even touch a 300-500 dollar media player until I see which one is clearly worth my money. I hope the difference will become vast enough by christmas...[/QUOTE]

Isn't going to be a winner. Both formats will survive until dual format players are cheap.

i'm worried about the format war too but you could just buy it and rent your movies like i am. or if blue ray does end up winning, plug this bad boy into your pc and rip the hddvds you own and reburn to blu-ray.

i don't know why people are being so paranoid. NO format has truly ever lost a war. They still make things on LaserDisc! Tons of people collect Betas. I still use my MiniDisc player, cuz its awesome! You schizo-paranoid CAGs need to take your meds, or try thinking rationally.

Hardly worth it with no remote. Also King Kong is a decent bonus for buying the new one.

And it has been mentioned that CC has those $40 off coupons.

Plus if you did this you'd be supporting trade-ins and EBgamestop. Hardly worth it for that alone :D

This deal might be big actually!

B2G1 and used games and accessories, and if you can get it to stack: $25 gift card with purchase of HD-DVD player!!!!

(calculation WITH Edge card) $125 (base price) - $25 (gift card promotion) - $12.50 (10% edge) = $87.50 (pwnage)

Plus it's a B2G1 deal, so you can pick up a cheap used game and the used media remote if you like

I guess if you can get a deal like above it's a good deal, although the CC deal is what I did. I actually have the DVD remote and do NOT use it, since I have a Harmony remote. King Kong was a nice bonus too.

[quote name='wadeshaqwalker']children of men? :bomb:

an o.k. movie at best. too slow, and tried to be "artsy"[/quote]

Meh, i thought it was perfectly done, the best movie of last year but thats just me. It's also supposed to be one of the best looking HD DVD movies ever released and looks much better then most bluray movies from what i am told. Even though i am a Bluray fan, if you have or are getting an HD DVD player i advise you pick up that movie. Sorry for going off topic.

[quote name='Danil ACE']IMO not really a good investment until it is clear who wins the HD format battle.[/quote]

Especially when you consider that Blu-ray is kicking the crap out of HD-DVD numbers wise.
Although both of them sell abysmally bad anyway.

Will the edge card work on used accessories? If so I am picking one up tonight at local store. I was going to pull the trigger on Monday but I didn't think the edge card would apply.

[quote name='Manifest']Especially when you consider that Blu-ray is kicking the crap out of HD-DVD numbers wise.
Although both of them sell abysmally bad anyway.[/quote]

Kicking the crap out of HD-DVD? How do you figure? It's true that Blu-Ray outsold HD-DVD in the first part of this year by a good margin, but there were no new releases on HD-DVD in those months. April has seen a turnaround with some new releases. It was announced today that Walmart has signed a deal to put inexpensive HD-DVD players in it's stores. It looks like they might be available in time for the holiday season. That doesn't sound like a format that 's getting the crap kicked out of it. If HD-DVD gets on Walmarts shelves at a $199 or less pricepoint and Blu-Ray isn't there, this battle will swing quickly in HD-DVD's favor. For the record, I don't think either will die anytime soon.

The price is not so cool for used though. Thanks OP, nice deal if you can find one near brand new. I don't think you can get 10% on used harwares, that would be very nice though...

I think this HD dvd player's price gonna crash, just not enough people interested in, it's a low end HD dvd player when comparing to the HD dvd players in the market (i know i know the price, but if you really think about it, you can get a way better one for $100 more).

[quote name='pearkel']Will the edge card work on used accessories? If so I am picking one up tonight at local store. I was going to pull the trigger on Monday but I didn't think the edge card would apply.[/QUOTE]

Yes it definitely applies, but I'd wait until the big sale coming up which will feature the classic "buy 2 used games or accessories, get one free" deal.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135254

EDIT: Just got the latest Game Informer. Inside there is a coupon for an additional 10% off any used games or accessories. This is the same coupon I used to get my used HD-DVD player a month or two ago. Buy the used HD-DVD player, get 10% off from using your Edge card, stack that with the coupon for another 10% off and buy another accessory and get a third free. Sounds like a helluva deal if you ask me.

[quote name='PyroGamer']This deal might be big actually!

B2G1 and used games and accessories, and if you can get it to stack: $25 gift card with purchase of HD-DVD player!!!!

(calculation WITH Edge card) $125 (base price) - $25 (gift card promotion) - $12.50 (10% edge) = $87.50 (pwnage)

Plus it's a B2G1 deal, so you can pick up a cheap used game and the used media remote if you like[/quote]
Where is this $25 gift card deal? Is it in a weekly deal? This is great for B2G1, I could get marvel Vs Capcom 2 and Steel battallion with it (or grab 2 cheap things to keep the price down). Fantastic idea if we can pull this off.

[quote name='gofishn']Yes it definitely applies, but I'd wait until the big sale coming up which will feature the classic "buy 2 used games or accessories, get one free" deal.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135254

EDIT: Just got the latest Game Informer. Inside there is a coupon for an additional 10% off any used games or accessories. This is the same coupon I used to get my used HD-DVD player a month or two ago. Buy the used HD-DVD player, get 10% off from using your Edge card, stack that with the coupon for another 10% off and buy another accessory and get a third free. Sounds like a helluva deal if you ask me.[/quote]

Thanks, I'll wait just hope it stays there until next week! If not More money for games!

bread's done
Back