Using toothpaste method, still not working

Monsyphon

CAG Veteran
I've been trying to get the scratches off quite a few of my disks and it's not really working...am I supposed to be reapplying it a ton of times or something?
Or do I have to wait for the toothpaste to harden or something?

The tooth paste will not remove all scratches. If the scratches are deep enough, tooth paste will not work. This method is usually for very light scratches. Type "removing scratches from cds" in google and you get alot of methods from boiling your cd to using pledge on it.

You might as well be using sandpaper. Don't use toothpaste to remove scratches.

Also, Pledge? Yeah, it's a great idea to put oil on an optical media disc. What could possibly go wrong?

[quote name='Jek Porkins']You might as well be using sandpaper. Don't use toothpaste to remove scratches.

Also, Pledge? Yeah, it's a great idea to put oil on an optical media disc. What could possibly go wrong?[/QUOTE]

Please explain?

Use Brasso. I had a deep ring around the entire disk and my game would freeze at a certain point in the game everytime. Slapped some Brasso on there and it worked.

I use hersey's chocolate syrup! =) kidding

Depending on how many discs you have, it might be worth it to invest in a disc repair machine. You can get a SIMO on ebay for about $150 with a starter kit. Might sound kinda expensive, but it works really well and it will most likely save you money in the long run.

[quote name='Malik112099']just use car wax or that stuff you can buy at walmart to rub on glasses to get scratches out[/QUOTE]
Tried Windex, didn't work. Car wax, didn't work. Where can I get some Brasso?

I don't know where to get it resurfaced, and I don't wanna blow 150 bucks to get the disc repair machine and only use it 2 times.

If you have a gamecrazy near you, you can get one fixed there for $2. Or buy one of those cards so you get 5 fixes for $5.

[quote name='JolietJake']Ugh, never rub a disc in a circle.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. It never fails to amaze me how many people do that.

OP, if these were new games you should have been putting them in the case when done.

Also, never lay the side the laser reads down on anything other than a clean cotton cloth. Not your bedspread, not your 360, not anything.

If used, you should look at them before you walk out of Gamestop and they have a guarantee if they don't work anyway. If you get your games used elsewhere, ask to inspect them before you buy.

The best way to deal with a scratched disc is to never do things that get it scratched to the point the disc in unreadable in the first place.

bread's done
Back