USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate...

Gamer SDP

CAGiversary!
Feedback
90 (98%)
envelopes or boxes. are they free to get a lot of them? I rather pay online using paypal then going to the post office and waiting online.

I know you can call up some number and get a free kit but that's just one box or something. I want to know if the actually envelopes/boxes are free. Like stated above, I would like to bring the envelope/box home and pack it and pay online.

I did a quick check and using paypal, sending something by priority mail in a flat rate envelope would cost $4.75 with DC. I'm not sure by looking at the dimensions but think 2 standard videogames/dvds could fit. A small flat rate box costs $4.85 with DC. That would probably be able to hold 4 games.

looking at the USPS site:
http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-mail-prices.htm

these same shipping rates would cost $0.15 or $0.10 more plus wait time.

the savings isn't that much when buying prepaid on paypal but it does add up over time and the wait times could be long. though printing and taping supplies may offset the paypal discount (unless you print at work/school etc).

to make a few bucks I'll be selling mainly games and gaming items. however I am doing a cleanup soon so I'll be getting rid of "other" junk on ebay and else where too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Free like sasukekun showed you, but from my experience ordering materials can take anywhere from 3-7+ days for them to arrive. I once had them take longer to deliver some flat rate envelopes, so keep that in mind.

Depending on how many you need, they usually have envelopes free to take in holders at the post office. Just go in, grab em and leave, you don't have to wait in line for them. So that's a thought.

If memory serves, the small boxes really are small. They don't look it in the picture but they were alot smaller than what I had been expecting. You can easily get 4 dvd size cases into one envelope, just stand them straight up and next to each other. The envelopes are fairly big, I've gotten alot of stuff into them.

Also, you can drop the envelopes and small boxes into regular mail boxes, as long as the postage is attached, and they'll take them without issue. I found the pickup service to be unreliable. Sometimes the guy would be there at 7am to pickup what I wanted sent out, other times he just wouldn't come at all. It was frustrating, and I found dropping em off into the box to be alot easier. Good luck!

oh wow I can't believe they actually will ship all of that for free :cool:
had I known I wouldn't have ordered too many bubble mailers

thanks everyone!

You can actually get them at the Post Office as well. But they don't let you get the quantity you need, but you'll be able to get a few if you need them asap.

If you decide the drop the packages in a drop box and are worried about the 13 oz weight restriction, it only applies to packages that are addressed by hand or means other than online stamp printing services (USPS.com, paypal, etc).

In other words, if you purchase your stamp online (which you are), you can still drop your packages in the drop box even if they are over 13 oz.

[quote name='Rhett']I don't know what I was thinking when I ordered two hundred DVD-sized priority boxes. And a roll of priority stickers. It was free, though... >_>

Still haven't used one.[/QUOTE]

drop them off at the post office so they can be used.

bread's done
Back