UT:2004 or Quake 4 for Multi?

Vampire Hunter D

CAGiversary!
I have a real hankerin for some multiplayer FPSn on my computer and i dont know which game to get. Quake 4 or Unreal Tournament 2004? Lets take price, overall funfactor, single player, and most importantly amount of people playing at various times of the day. Thanks in advance.

I like Q4, but I think it's more the "new" factor more than anything. They both have their merrits, but I think I have to go with UT if you can only have one or the other.

[quote name='Vampire Hunter D']I have a real hankerin for some multiplayer FPSn on my computer and i dont know which game to get. Quake 4 or Unreal Tournament 2004? Lets take price, overall funfactor, single player, and most importantly amount of people playing at various times of the day. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

i would say ut2k4 is the best bang for buck....

so many modes to play and so many mods that have been made by the community...get that...it's really cheap too :)

Ok then how many people are usually on compared to Quake 4 and im gonna guess this is obvious, is it really easy to find someone on? Also what version? I see theres an editors version and like a GOTY version which one?

editor's edition only has one dvd disc to install the game (i think) while the regular edition has like 5 regular CD's to install the game...all the stuff like mods and stuff that comes with the editor's edition can be d/led for free online with the regular edition...

you can try out the free demo (which can be played online BTW) at places that let you d/l it...that is how i got addicted to it :D

Hmmmm or should i just scrap both games all together and buy Battlefield 2? I wold have gotten it long ago its just that i was into Counter Strike at the time and i didnt and still dont know if my rig can handle it enough that its not all cut to shit. It can handle Half Life 2 great and i guess id only notice a difference if i saw a side by side comparison. ll think ill just wing it and buy it anyways. But that would still suck if it doesnt work.

Heres my system stats can Battlefield 2 run on it? I already know that Half Life 2 can and i thought it looked great.

Processor Intel Pentium 4 3400MHz
Display Card ATI RADEON X550
Memory 1024MB
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP
Free Disk Space 210.0GB
Display Card Memory 128MB
Display Driver Version 6.14.10.6483
DirectX Version 9.0c
Optical Drive CD/DVD
Sound Card Realtek HD Audio rear output

you would want to download the demo and try it out. The video card is the only thing I can see that might hold you back

and you can pick up unreal for around 10 depending on where you look and it is definately worth 10. Onslaught is a ton of fun and if you can get a good game going, it can be more fun than any game out there. The only problem is the community has gotten smaller, but that does not mean there are not a lot of servers and games available to play (just that you don't always have the opportunity to play on a map you like).

Ok i have a new question. Ill probably upgrade my computer eventually but not right now. So my new question is Unreal Tournament 2004 or Battlefield 1942 the Complete Collection which has 1942, its expansion paks, and Vietnam for about 30 bucks? Or more directly which has the bigger amount of people playing at any given time?

Well just fuck it. Ill get Unreal 04. Just like 10-20 bucks so its no big deal if im dissappointed. A few months back i got back into Warcraft 3 Frozen throne for a few weeks and there were plently of people there.

yea, man...there are enough people still playing...and even if noone wants to play what you want, the bots are some of the best in any game

bread's done
Back