Valentines Day sucks.

Quackzilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Another capitalist bullshit holiday.

The unemployed should be exempted from this stupid holiday, why should I spend all of my money on crap like cards, flowers, and candy? I don't even have any money to spend on myself!

God, valentines day pisses me off even more than Christmas.

Yet the stupid media and the government conspirators have me driving out to the store to spend all of my money on this crap.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Another capitalist bullshit holiday.

The unemployed should be exempted from this stupid holiday, why should I spend all of my money on crap like cards, flowers, and candy? I don't even have any money to spend on myself!

Yet the stupid media and the government conspirators have me driving out to the store to spend all of my money on this crap.[/QUOTE]

Preach on Brother...

Yeah, these stupid Hallmark Holidays piss me off too. Secretary's day, Boss's day, Second Cousin's Twice Removed day. It's seriously getting out of hand.

The problem is, you can't complain about these days in front of those of whom they are honoring. Cause then they're all like, "What? Are you saying I don't deserve a day that honors all that I do?" Ummm, no. Can't we just do that on your birthday? Or on Christmas or something? Do you really have to have as many days as you can milk cards and other shit out of someone? Are you really that insecure or unimportant that you have to have forced holidays to celebrate what you do?

Oh well. It's an uphill battle.

We're keeping Steak and a Blowjob Day though. As long as we have Valentine's Day, we have to have Steak and a Blowjob Day. C'mon March 14!

I hate it. Having to make cards in class, even in hgih school, thinking of a stupid present to waste your money on. Arghh.

[quote name='slidecage']day after rules , you get to buy candy at 50% off LOL[/QUOTE]
I do have to agree with this. It's awesome buying a shitload of tiny boxes of Nerds for dirt cheap.

And it's also not completely terrible buying stuff for someone if you had to miss Valentine's Day, cause you get to buy stuff for a lot cheaper and act like it cost you a lot!

Yet the stupid media and the government conspirators have me driving out to the store to spend all of my money on this crap.[/QUOTE]

serious.jpg

[quote name='trytej']I hate it. Having to make cards in class, even in hgih school, thinking of a stupid present to waste your money on. Arghh.[/QUOTE]

It is like they are putting the importance of the holiday into your head, to make sure you buy as much crap as possible when your are out of school.

I have no problem with the holiday it self but I hate the aspect of it where you are expected to buy crap, I mean the holiday is a good idea but its consumerisitc exectuion is terrible.

I'm not getting GG anything. I doubt shes getting me anything. We are going out to eat and probably humping like rabbid monkies, but we do that a lot anyways.

If your woman demands to be lavished with gifts shes demanding a boot out the door. I know GG would rather I buy her a cup of coffee while we're out and its cold on a random day than a dozen roses because Halmark says so.

Valentines day doesnt bother me (I am single). I don't let it get under my skin.

Other people really have a problem with it however.

[quote name='crazytalkx']"I'll love you more today honey because I'm obligated by Hallmark!"[/QUOTE]

Exactly, then you have to do something on Sweetest day. Why?
If you love someone you don't need a holiday to tell them that.

isn't every day a capitalistic holiday? i mean, we do live in america....

what do you want? a marxist holiday where everyone gives each other the same thing?

j.k.

[quote name='Apossum']isn't every day a capitalistic holiday? i mean, we do live in america....

what do you want? a marxist holiday where everyone gives each other the same thing?

j.k.[/QUOTE]
Um, yes. Especially if that thing is about 5 bucks.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Um, yes. Especially if that thing is about 5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. There is nothing really wrong with giving a fellow friend a Circuit City $4.99 video game even if it is Madden 2002. :rofl:

[quote name='Quackzilla']Um, yes. Especially if that thing is about 5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Happy non-denominational secular love day honey. Have a cherry guevara!

cg_cover.jpg

Oh geez, don't take it so seriously and get so pissed over the peer pressure of buying useless crap if you don't want to.

It's simple, take a deep breath, and say to yourself "F**K Pop-Culture, F**K being guilted into peer pressured-purchases"

If you don't wanna celebrate the holiday, don't.

If you do want to celebrate it, but not buy useless crap, and do it your own way, do that.

Me? Screw cards, screw candy, screw all that stupid (to me, personally) crap. I buy big, cool items for those I want on this holiday, and not waste money that's better spent on more quality gifts, on stupid trite garbage.

And hey, you don't wanna buy stuff? That's fine too... screw the guilt, you don't need it.

Overall though... if it bugs ya that much, just say to hell with it... let everyone else get pidgeon-holed into celebrating it all a certain way.

I said yes, even though I'm kinda torn on this issue.

Yes, I hate the fact that we're more or less obligated to do something 'special' on this certain day. If you really like/love the person you're with, you're not going to wait for a damned holiday like this to do something for him/her.

However, I do appreciate the fact that Love is promoted more on this day more than any other. This is certainly something that this world needs a shitload more off. I just love driving down the road and getting flipped off by some jackass who wasn't hugged enough as a child.

Quack you some words from the poet James Todd Smith...

When I’m alone in my room sometimes I stare at the wall
And in the back of my mind I hear my conscience call
Telling me I need a girl who’s as sweet as a dove
For the first time in my life, I see I need love
There I was giggling about the games
That I had played with many hearts, and I’m not saying no names
Then the thought occured, tear drops made my eyes burn
As I said to myself look what you’ve done to her
I can feel it inside, I can’t explain how it feels
All I know is that I’ll never dish another raw deal
Playing make believe pretending that I’m true
Holding in my laugh as I say that I love you
Saying amor kissing you on the ear
Whispering I love you and I’ll always be here
Although I often reminsce I can’t believe that I found
A desire for true love floating around
Inside my soul because my soul is cold
One half of me deserves to be this way till I’m old
But the other half needs affection and joy
And the warmth that is created by a girl and a boy
I need love
I need love

Romance sheer delight how sweet
I gotta find me a girl to make my life complete
You can scratch my back, we’ll get cozy and huddle
I’ll lay down my jacket so you can walk over a puddle
I’ll give you a rose, pull out your chair before we eat
Kiss you on the cheek and say ooh girl you’re so sweet
It’s deja vu whenever I’m with you
I could go on forever telling you what I do
But where you at you’re neither here or there
I swear I can’t find you anywhere
Damn sure you ain’t in my closet, or under my rug
This love search is really making me bug
And if you know who you are why don’t you make yourself seen
Take the chance with my love and you’ll find out what I mean
Fantasy’s can run but they can’t hide
And when I find you I’m gon’ pour all my love inside
I need love
I need love

I wanna kiss you hold you never scold you just love you
Suck on you neck, caress you and rub you
Grind moan and never be alone
If you’re not standing next to me you’re on the phone
Can’t you hear it in my voice, I need love bad
I’ve got money but love’s something I’ve never had
I need your ruby red lips sweet face and all
I love you more than a man who’s 10 feet tall
I’d watch the sunrise in your eyes
We’re so in love when we hug we become paralyzed
Our bodies explode in ecstasy unreal
You’re as soft as a pillow and I’m as hard as steel
It’s like a dream land, I can’t lie I never been there
Maybe this is an experience that me and you can share
Clean and unsoiled yet sweaty and wet
I swear to you this is something that I’ll never forget
I need love
I need love

See what I mean I’ve changed I’m no longer
A play boy on the run I need something that’s stronger
Friendship, trust honor respect admiration
This whole experience has been such a revelation
It’s taught me love and how to be a real man
To always be considerate and do all I can
Protect you you’re my lady and you mean so much
My body tingles all over from the slightest touch
Of your hand and understand I’ll be frozen in time
Till we meet face to face and you tell me you’re mine
If I find you girl I swear I’ll be a good man
I’m not gonna leave it in destiny’s hands
I can’t sit and wait for my princess to arrive
I gotta struggle and fight to keep my dream alive
I’ll search the whole world for that special girl
When I finally find you watch our love unfurl
I need love
I need love

Girl, listen to me
When I be sittin in my room all alone, staring at the wall
Fantasies, they go through my mind
And I’ve come to realize that I need true love
And if you wanna give it to me girl make yourself seen
I’ll be waiting
I love you

Yeah V day is pretty gay. I am more of the..."spontaneous...i am thinking of you" type of guy. One random day i would just get her something....i have never given anyone anything on V day not even gag gifts.

Meh....the only thing i hate about this day is the stupid shit i got to hear from her god damn friends who are pissed because they dont have a quality boyfriend.

I keep saying to them, "well maybe if you didnt get wasted drunk everynight and wake up with a camel next to you." God i hate college girls who only see the "Girls gone wild" side of college.

I guess Valentines day does suck...I mean, if you're a horrible person who has no hope of ever being loved because you're so rotten. For good people, though, it's a'ight.

I haven't been a fan of it for the past few years, besides gettin her a v day gift, her bday is next tuesday, and our 6 year anniversary is 2 days later...rough month on the wallet

[quote name='ryanbph']I haven't been a fan of it for the past few years, besides gettin her a v day gift, her bday is next tuesday, and our 6 year anniversary is 2 days later...rough month on the wallet[/QUOTE]
Combine them all into a single gift. Really rip her off, like those poor kids who were born too close to Christmas.

Charlie Brown was the only one who pulled the whole "capitalist holiday" thing off.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']
huey10ansboondocks14ml.jpg

But I'm payin. That makes her a ho.[/QUOTE]

DMK wins.

"With all that money she could go buy groceries..."

Although, syblymnal's link is amusing...

Heres an idea:

Get off your ass, stop crying and get ur self a job, even if it is a shitty one.

[quote name='help1']Heres an idea:

Get off your ass, stop crying and get ur self a job, even if it is a shitty one.[/QUOTE]

Well even if he did have a job it would suck spending the money on a Hallmark holiday either way.

Well, Valentine's Day at least has a historal background to it.

Sweetest's Day. Now THERE is a Hallmark holiday for you. It exists for no other reason than to sell chocolates, cards, flowers and jewelry, and to get guys in trouble.
icon_smile.gif

Are you so jaded that you'd begrudge a little kid the fun of taking in Valentines for their entire class? I only wish that more people could stick to that mindset than get so tangled up in their beliefs of "romantic" love. Wouldn't the world be a much better place if people were able to, and did, tell people how the appreciate each other rather than getting so damned wrapped up in tending to the fragile ego of thier needy, clingy girlfriend/boyfriend?

bread's done
Back