Valkyria Chronicles $20 at GameStop NEW

Thanks for the heads up! The copy I bought was already opened, but the disc is in perfect condition, so it don't make me no never mind.

I got the last new one (opened) from my gamestop and it was in perfect condition, thankfully. One thing I don't understand is how they put the seal sticker on the case, even though they show you that the game was opened. It makes no sense. Oh well. Thanks OP

Sweet, now I can use discounts on the purchase! But I need a filler to round out my purchase since Culdcept Saga isn't available anymore. Suggestions on good, relatively inexpensive 360 or PS3 games (rpgs or close to)?

[quote name='Aznchaos3']Got the last one at my gamestop :D but how can you tell if they rewrapped it or if it's the original cellophane or w/e?[/QUOTE]

The PS3 default wrap is really professional-looking with sharp folding on the top and the bottom (same with 360 games). The last time I saw a Gamestop rewrapped game, it looked pretty amateur like how produce at a grocery store looks shrinkwrapped -- one sheet wrapped around to cover the whole thing and then heat applied to seal it up. But things could be different now.

[quote name='Kestastrophe']I got the last new one (opened) from my gamestop and it was in perfect condition, thankfully. One thing I don't understand is how they put the seal sticker on the case, even though they show you that the game was opened. It makes no sense. Oh well. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]
The sticker is used in case you try to return the game. If the sticker is gone or cut, then the case was opened and you cannot return it as new.

just picked my copy up last night, twenty bucks in Allen Park MI, shouldn't be considered new i though. i thew a BF because it didn't come in the annoying plastic wrap. all new games should come in the way they were shipped from the manufacturer ...you wouldn't buy a pack of socks if they had ghetto tape hold them shut or a new car that has been driven for a thousand miles right...point made one for CAG

Gamestop/EB is the only retailer I know that's low enough to sell open box as new. If I could have caught this when it price dropped at wal-mart, I would have bought it there instead.

That's right, I said Wal-Mart has better business practices than Gamestop.

Today was the first time in 3 years I buy a game from Gamestop. I asked if they had any copies left and the clerk proceeded to give me the 'display copy' (I swear, the last 6 games I bought from GS were all display copies. Coincidence?). When I asked for a new copy, the clerk rolled his eyes and started talking down to me like I'm an idiot because there's literally no difference between sealed & display copies.

It took everything I had to keep from jumping over the counter and start punching his fat face in. Never again.

Today was the first time in 3 years I buy a game from Gamestop. I asked if they had any copies left and the clerk proceeded to give me the 'display copy' (I swear, the last 6 games I bought from GS were all display copies. Coincidence?). When I asked for a new copy, the clerk rolled his eyes and started talking down to me like I'm an idiot because there's literally no difference between sealed & display copies.

It took everything I had to keep from jumping over the counter and start punching his fat face in. Never again.

So did you get it sealed? lol

The GS I went to only had a gut and I passed. I doubt I'll find one that hasn't been gutted, judging by the Gamedays sale.

I also picked a (gutted) copy up after work tonight. Figured I'd give it a shot after hearing a lot of good things about it.

Just got mines today and it was gutted =\ but it was the last one so I got it anyways haha. I asked if there was a new sealed copy of it but unfortunately, there wasn't accept a gutted. This was my second time buying gutted from them grrr. How is it still brand new when it was taken out from the seal wrap. I just dont understand, Is it that they're trying to save room in their little cabinets? lol

Also Thanks OP!

Thanks OP! I almost ordered this on amazon for $38. Two stores near me have it, hopefully sealed, otherwise I'll order it online and pay $3 for shipping.

[quote name='j0ey0ey']any chance amazon will drop it to 20 too?[/QUOTE]

Doubtful: they rarely have it in stock and usually someone else fulfills the orders

With so many of you getting gutted copies as new, why don't we just send them a complaint/email telling us how we feel about this #%$% policy.

I got a gutted copy of SFIV when they sell it for $20 as well. And I'm pissed.

I picked one up at GS. The word "gutted" is inappropriately harsh in some cases. The one I got is exactly as pristine as if I just ripped the original shrink off myself.

Haven't yet deigned to pick up a PS3, however...sometime soon.

[quote name='shido']With so many of you getting gutted copies as new, why don't we just send them a complaint/email telling us how we feel about this #%$% policy.

I got a gutted copy of SFIV when they sell it for $20 as well. And I'm pissed.[/QUOTE]

They've been gutting games for ages and it will never change. They are who they are. I was at a Gamestop the other day and an employee talked a guy into preordering Modern Warfare 2 because of how impossible it will be to get and that he's going to laugh at people who come in to buy the game and they won't have any copies left for people that didn't preorder. Well if Gamestop won't sell them the game, they can just go across the street to Best Buy and pick up one of their 1000 copies!

[quote name='no_exit']I received a shipping notification for my copy yesterday.[/QUOTE]
Just curious, did you order before or after it was back ordered? I'm hoping I don't have to wait to long for them to get some more back in stock (just ordered today).

Got a gutted copy from gamestop the other day. I asked if could check for places that had sealed copies and he went the extra mile to look. Seeing as how he was really cool about looking for me I decide to just pick up the gutted one. On top of the service he knocked off 10% since it was gutted. The guys at that store are great.

This is a must buy, Its still my favorite PS3 Game, I liked it more then even UnCharted 2. Plus for fans of Skies of Aracadia on the Dreamcast, the two main characters from that game make a appearance.

[quote name='silent h3ro']Just curious, did you order before or after it was back ordered? I'm hoping I don't have to wait to long for them to get some more back in stock (just ordered today).[/QUOTE]
When I placed my order it was in stock and not back-ordered.

I just pick up a used copy for 17 buck, a little worn but it is in decent enough condition, to made it even better, GS will have their buy 2 get 1 free used sale so I can return, rebuy and choose more games and get 1 free.

Just picked up the last copy at my local store over lunch. Game wasn't on display, the clerk had to look it up and go through a drawer and then into the back room to find it. Never heard of the re-sealed / gutted thing before, but the copy I got was in plastic with folded edges. No stickers sealing the case (should I be concerned?). Game manual and the surface of disc looked mint. Any other tell tale signs of repackaging to look for?

San Diego, CA

Got the last copy at my store last night as well. I hate buying opened games that are "new" from them.

I bought LittleBigPlanet GotY from them a few weeks back and didn't realize it came with a voucher for the beta of ModNation Racers until I was in a department store recently that displayed the game. There normally would be a sticker on the shrinkwrap that mentions the voucher. And guess what? The voucher was NOT in the case. I fear a Gamestop employee stole it.

I hate that store with a passion. But at least I got Valkyria Chronicles...

[quote name='Kelegacy']Got the last copy at my store last night as well. I hate buying opened games that are "new" from them.

I bought LittleBigPlanet GotY from them a few weeks back and didn't realize it came with a voucher for the beta of ModNation Racers until I was in a department store recently that displayed the game. There normally would be a sticker on the shrinkwrap that mentions the voucher. And guess what? The voucher was NOT in the case. I fear a Gamestop employee stole it.

I hate that store with a passion. But at least I got Valkyria Chronicles...[/QUOTE]
There was only a limited number of LBP:GOTY that included a voucher for the ModNation Racers beta if it makes you feel better. :)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/08/announcing-littlebigplanet-–-game-of-the-year-edition/

After all the Walmart $20 drop business and now this at Gamestop, I was FINALLY able to find this game for $20 or under. It is a used copy but it is in great condition. Thanks for the info OP.

[quote name='Kariput69']Just picked up the last copy at my local store over lunch. Game wasn't on display, the clerk had to look it up and go through a drawer and then into the back room to find it. Never heard of the re-sealed / gutted thing before, but the copy I got was in plastic with folded edges. No stickers sealing the case (should I be concerned?). Game manual and the surface of disc looked mint. Any other tell tale signs of repackaging to look for?

San Diego, CA[/QUOTE]

That's the sign of the LAST copy in store. It's the display unit. They gutted a new copy and put the guts somewhere safe(usually in an orange paper pouch) and used the box cover as the display. Odd that it doesn't have a price tag stuck to the case though.

[quote name='Kelegacy']Got the last copy at my store last night as well. I hate buying opened games that are "new" from them.
[/QUOTE]

Then don't, you are only adding to the problem by endorsing it

[quote name='jacknicklson']Then don't, you are only adding to the problem by endorsing it[/QUOTE]

I normally don't and I even reported them to the BBB earlier this summer. The regional manager that called me back said to ask for a shop-worn discount every time you buy an opened "new" game.

This was the only way I could get VC in my area so I sucked it up. I am not happy about the company since they commit fraud each and every day, but I had to take the lesser of two evils: buying it from GS or not playing it at all (or paying a higher fee to get it online elsewhere).

[quote name='XClaude']That's the sign of the LAST copy in store. It's the display unit. They gutted a new copy and put the guts somewhere safe(usually in an orange paper pouch) and used the box cover as the display. Odd that it doesn't have a price tag stuck to the case though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks XClaude. For $20 I can't complain, and in the end I'm enjoying the game, but I'll be more cautious when buying from GS again.

[quote name='takotchi']I certainly don't think it's worth full price ($59.99) but it is definitely worth $40 and especially $20.

That said, try Walmart first or wait for Gamestop's site to update. We all know Gamestop stores don't really sell "new" games. They'll take some disc from a drawer and slap it in a case for you and call it new, but for $20 you can probably do better. :roll:[/QUOTE]

What games would be worth full price in your estimation? If you think any game is worth paying full price for it's a little hard to see how VC wouldn't make that cut. I'll agree it's hard to pull the trigger on at full price, but it'd totally be worth it.

My local Gamestop had no factory sealed ones in >_> I wish they would just offer you a 10% discount for opened merchandise.

[quote name='tacgnol']My local Gamestop had no factory sealed ones in >_> I wish they would just offer you a 10% discount for opened merchandise.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop will never their so money hungry.

just picked one up at the store in Oceanside...but they just took the game disc out of a drawer. It seems fishy to me.

I ordered on Gamestop.com after it had been listed as "backordered". Got a confirmation e-mail that the order is in place, but when I check my order status on the site, my order is listed as "cancelled". What gives?

picked one up at san francisco mission st gamestop. Don't think they have anymore though, didn't understand the cashier.

[quote name='Slanzar']I ordered on Gamestop.com after it had been listed as "backordered". Got a confirmation e-mail that the order is in place, but when I check my order status on the site, my order is listed as "cancelled". What gives?[/QUOTE]Same happened with my order two days ago. You can try calling them to see if they will ship it but as it is, it doesn't seem like they are willing to ship it, in my case at least as the order total shows up as $0.00. I emailed them about it and they said they would re process it and email me again if they cannot ship it but I get this feeling they won't even ship it since I never got a cancellation email in the first place. You are probably better off buying from somewhere else. Who would have guessed GameStop has terrible service online and in their store?

bread's done
Back