Valkyria Chronicles II - $19.99 New / $17.99 Used @ Gamestop

Nice post! I've been waiting for ages for the price to drop on this game =D Ever since I got it at launch and had to flip it for money later ._. Thank you very much for this~

Nice! Finally time to pick it up. I'm going through the first one right now for the very first time and I'm having an absolute blast.

coulda sworn this was already posted. It must have just been mentioned in another thread i was reading. I got lucky and only had to go to 2 stores to find a sealed copy. I thought id be shit outa luck and not be able to find one. Im getting one just to keep sealed i already owned the game =)

I hold part 1 close to my heart ( need to buy it back for my collection ) but for some reason I couldn't get into part 2. As I was playing it something was off. The gameplay was just like the last one but I wasn't enjoying it unlike the awsome part 1. did anyone else have this problem ?

[quote name='strait edge follower']I hold part 1 close to my heart ( need to buy it back for my collection ) but for some reason I couldn't get into part 2. As I was playing it something was off. The gameplay was just like the last one but I wasn't enjoying it unlike the awsome part 1. did anyone else have this problem ?[/QUOTE]

Some of what you're missing is the variety and scale of part 1.

Part 2 tried to get over this with its characters, and to some degree it succeeded more than part 1, but with the heavily mission-based gameplay, players could become distracted from the plot itself (which felt kind of kiddy), leading to a less-involved gameplay experience. Also, upgrading sucks.

Still loved it, but I know the feeling. Can't wait for Valk 3.

._. sold out online before I could get to it. It's totally YMMV now sadly. Good luck to everyone not wanting a display copy!

Edit: Submitted it to Amazon for a PM though. May the Force be with us and not el hoardo raiding gamestop who sells 5 copies of it in ten minutes.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I hold part 1 close to my heart ( need to buy it back for my collection ) but for some reason I couldn't get into part 2. As I was playing it something was off. The gameplay was just like the last one but I wasn't enjoying it unlike the awsome part 1. did anyone else have this problem ?[/QUOTE]

i actually havent even played it honestly =P but my understaning is this one is a lot more lighthearted and kiddy? Younger kids all around and just doesn't seem to have a story as gripping as the last one. That and i really liked the main crew in the first

[quote name='62t']Too bad we are not getting Valkyria Chronicles III[/QUOTE]

Has this been officially announced by Sega? I haven't seen anything posted about that on any of the big gaming blogs.

The only thing I have read was about a post on PSOW, but.. that could be anyone.

Any word on releasing VCII on PS3?

I loved the first one but have no interest in a portable gaming system.

[quote name='S_DOG34']Any word on releasing VCII on PS3?

I loved the first one but have no interest in a portable gaming system.[/QUOTE]

Highly doubt it, PSP games tend to not be playable on PS3.

[quote name='jello44']Highly doubt it, PSP games tend to not be playable on PS3.[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks. Why did they change to PSP? Seems ridiculous that I won't be able to play the sequel to one of my favorite games this generation without buying a new system.

[quote name='S_DOG34']Well that sucks. Why did they change to PSP? Seems ridiculous that I won't be able to play the sequel to one of my favorite games this generation without buying a new system.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Valkyria-Chronicles-2-Announced-For-PSP-18672.html

Producer Shuntaro Tanaka told Famitsu (via 1UP) that VC2 is being developed for the PSP instead, in order "to allow a broader spectrum of users to discover and enjoy what makes Valkyria special." Tanaka added that the series could return to consoles in the future, though.

Despite critical acclaim, the first Valkyria did not sell exceptionally well. The PSP has a user base of about 50 million (roughly twice that of the PS3) so perhaps the change of platform will help the sequel move a lot of units. I assume Sega's dream scenario is that they'll do so well with VC2 that they can release a third game for PSP and PS3 someday.

I think development costs also had a hand in it. But there ya go.

[quote name='jello44']Highly doubt it, PSP games tend to not be playable on PS3.[/QUOTE]

You never know, it could wind up being part of the PSP Remaster Series. I'm hoping this program takes off. I've got a ton of great PSP games that never get played simply because I'm not a big fan of the handhelds.

[quote name='scott_matthews']You never know, it could wind up being part of the PSP Remaster Series. I'm hoping this program takes off. I've got a ton of great PSP games that never get played simply because I'm not a big fan of the handhelds.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I forgot about those.

So far GoW has been the only one announced so far. And with the Vita coming out, it might be a good idea to start throwing some of them on the PS3.

[quote name='jello44']Has this been officially announced by Sega? I haven't seen anything posted about that on any of the big gaming blogs.

The only thing I have read was about a post on PSOW, but.. that could be anyone.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that companies rarely say a game is not coming? Just like Namco never officially said PS3 Vesperia is not coming, but at this point we all know what is going to happen. I think the PSOW post, plus Sega hasn't announced a PSP title for rest of year is enough to show us they have no intension releasing it on PSP. At this point we have to accept that the big companies like Capcom, Konami, and Sega all moved on.

[quote name='62t']You do realize that companies rarely say a game is not coming? Just like Namco never officially said PS3 Vesperia is not coming, but at this point we all know what is going to happen. I think the PSOW post, plus Sega hasn't announced a PSP title for rest of year is enough to show us they have no intension releasing it on PSP. At this point we have to accept that the big companies like Capcom, Konami, and Sega all moved on.[/QUOTE]

True, I was mainly referring to that forum posting. Usually when someone makes a claim like that, they'll respond to it. (So I think)

It does seem grim, but I'm still holding out for a sliver of hope.

[quote name='FairyLeviathan']._. sold out online before I could get to it. It's totally YMMV now sadly. Good luck to everyone not wanting a display copy!

Edit: Submitted it to Amazon for a PM though. May the Force be with us and not el hoardo raiding gamestop who sells 5 copies of it in ten minutes.[/QUOTE]

I just got off from Amazon chat and I was unable to get a price match :\

Against my better judgment, I ventured into the local GameStop that was supposed to have this in stock.

And they did. And it was still sealed. And they didn't hassle me about preordering a million things either. Just politely asked if I'd like to join their rewards program.

Anyway, thanks OP! I've been kicking myself since I missed the $16 sale on PSN...

[quote name='Lucian']Against my better judgment, I ventured into the local GameStop that was supposed to have this in stock.

And they did. And it was still sealed. And they didn't hassle me about preordering a million things either. Just politely asked if I'd like to join their rewards program.

Anyway, thanks OP! I've been kicking myself since I missed the $16 sale on PSN...[/QUOTE]

I think hell just froze over...

Too much stereotypical Japanese school angst for me also. I'm at the end of March and not played it since.

And now the awesome looking 3rd game that seems to be closer to the first one in tone (and takes place in the same timeframe only on the opposite side of the country) looks like it won't be localized by Sega.

fuck Sega.

Fcuk sega for not localizing the third game here in the states. Well psp is almost dead in the states so I don't blame them.

But psp is kicking and live in japan. So maybe good enough support to convince them to develop the fourth and fifth game in psp. Because of the cost of making those game is cheap.

I've noticed they used the same map of the second game on their third game. Which is really cheap on their part. But that's why it's easy develop on psp because they have mostly of game already built.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Too much stereotypical Japanese school angst for me also. I'm at the end of March and not played it since.

And now the awesome looking 3rd game that seems to be closer to the first one in tone (and takes place in the same timeframe only on the opposite side of the country) looks like it won't be localized by Sega.

fuck Sega.[/QUOTE]

WHAT?! were not getting VK 3 stateside? Are you serious?! god damn that pisses me off. This series is like the only Sega game that hasn't been a complete piece of shit IMO released in the past decade

im gonna parrot your fuck Sega line there, that really sucks. It does seem most psp stuff is just going away in the states. I dont think we'll get the rest of the games in The Legend of Heroes series either =( grrr trails in the sky looked awesome (still havent opened my copies yet lol)

[quote name='Kenshindono']WHAT?! were not getting VK 3 stateside? Are you serious?! god damn that pisses me off. This series is like the only Sega game that hasn't been a complete piece of shit IMO released in the past decade

im gonna parrot your fuck Sega line there, that really sucks. It does seem most psp stuff is just going away in the states. I dont think we'll get the rest of the games in The Legend of Heroes series either =( grrr trails in the sky looked awesome (still havent opened my copies yet lol)[/QUOTE]

well Xseed already did the voice acting for all 3 LoH games already.

If they don't localize it for the states then they better localize and release part 3 for the vita But Yea ,f**k sega if this true. Valkyria chronicles is one of the very few things sega has done right over the past 5 years plus and this is how they handle it ? Boooooooo ! So much for the sega does what nintendont days huh

Lol, I remember that Sega ad. Kinda lame that VC3 will probably won't come to the states, but maybe there's hope for PSN or Vita. I hear VC3 dropped out all that school life drama and was vastly better then VC2.

bread's done
Back