Valkyria Chronicles PS3 $16.88 Amazon

Thanks OP. Picked one up.

Same day I used my GS used games coupon on Tales of Graces f.....and I only have an hour into Ni No. I need to find some time.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Oh please. It's good but that's a ridiculous statement. Also, I wish they had bothered to patch in Trophies. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Seriously? It's my opinion. I loved this game more than any other this generation. Oh please yourself..

[quote name='Yamato']thanks, this really drew me in. I'm gonna have to get it.. maybe.

EDIT: By the way, there is no demo for this game. Don't waste your time looking like I did.[/QUOTE]

They took it down a couple of years ago. If you had previously downloaded it you can find it in your download history and get it again. Otherwise it's a waste of time.

[quote name='midlifecrisisMkII']With the PS4 out at the end of the year, some titles are going to start getting more and more difficult to find. I think VC will be one of those titles that will slowly get more expensive. Not really rare like the craziness happening with Xenoblade Chronicles, but not easy to even find a $25 gutted copy at GS. On the other hand, there's always digital.

Also, I'd buy a copy of a localized VC3. I think it would be a nice swan song title for the PSP. Doubt it will happen though.[/QUOTE]

I'm tempted to buy an extra copy and stash it in my closet for a few years. Non-Final Fantasy JRPGs tend to really bumb in value once they're out of print.

[quote name='Blaster man']They took it down a couple of years ago. If you had previously downloaded it you can find it in your download history and get it again. Otherwise it's a waste of time.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I just looked for it to, and it's gone. I think I did download it years ago, but never tried it. Let me go check my history and see if I can re download(fingers crossed).

I do have the PSP game, but never played it. Would you guys recommend I start with part 2, or 1, or does it matter?

[quote name='yokofox33']I sold my used copy awhile ago, but still have a copy sealed. I might get another one to play again as I'm itching to get into the game once more.[/QUOTE]

The game has no rarity. I got it over 3 years ago at walmart new for $20.

Not sure why you would have wanted two copies to begin with unless you're just that OCD of a collector.

People should stop calling it OCD though as it's not really OCD. Stupidity fits better IMO.

[quote name='needler420']The game has no rarity. I got it over 3 years ago at walmart new for $20.

Not sure why you would have wanted two copies to begin with unless you're just that OCD of a collector.

People should stop calling it OCD though as it's not really OCD. Stupidity fits better IMO.[/QUOTE]
Collecting, in general, is about rare, mint and sealed items. You must think all collectors of anything are stupid then.

[quote name='needler420']The game has no rarity. I got it over 3 years ago at walmart new for $20.

People should stop calling it OCD though as it's not really OCD. Stupidity fits better IMO.[/QUOTE]

It was becoming rare a couple of years ago but they did a reprint and prices fell. Now that reprint is sold out.

[quote name='TooPoor']Collecting, in general, is about rare, mint and sealed items. You must think all collectors of anything are stupid then.[/QUOTE]

He's got sealed and mint down. Considering the game has been a sub $20 dollar game for like 3-4 years now he's a pretty far ways from rare. It has the potential to be that niche rpg but right now it's as rare as someone buying two copies of COD black ops. One for playing, one for collecting.

[quote name='needler420']He's got sealed and mint down. Considering the game has bee a sub $20 dollar game for like 3-4 years now he's a pretty far ways from rare.[/QUOTE]

As I said in the previous post, the game was becoming rare a couple years ago and they did a reprint. The prices were in the 30-40 range IIRC. Once the reprint hit they stayed around 20. Considering it's been available sealed at newegg for the last couple of years (reprints), it's pretty amazing that it's maintained it's $20 resell value. I'd say there's a good chance it becomes more valuable. It won't be $200 or anything but it could easily hit 30-40 again.

[quote name='Blaster man']It was becoming rare a couple of years ago but they did a reprint and prices fell. Now that reprint is sold out.[/QUOTE]

So you're telling me the 3-piece meal comes with 2 sides?

[quote name='Blaster man']As I said in the previous post, the game was becoming rare a couple years ago and they did a reprint. The prices were in the 30-40 range IIRC. Once the reprint hit they stayed around 20. Considering it's been available sealed at newegg for the last couple of years (reprints), it's pretty amazing that it's maintained it's $20 resell value. I'd say there's a good chance it becomes more valuable. It won't be $200 or anything but it could easily hit 30-40 again.[/QUOTE]

It's actually not surprsing at all, 99% of video games depreciate in value not inflate. Don't let the speculators get in your head. That's why they got burned from the reprint and rightfully so.

[quote name='needler420']It's actually not surprsing at all, 99% of video games depreciate in value not inflate. Don't let the speculators get in your head. That's why they got burned from the reprint and rightfully so.[/QUOTE]

It would be pretty stupid to speculate on this game going up 10 or 20 dollars. I can't imagine most people are doing that. It's a good game to buy in terms of getting you money back after selling it though.

Many people buy a game then blow through it as fast as possible so they can trade it into Gamestop or sell on eBay for as much as possible. This game is fairly old and has maintained it's value so I think it's safe to say that it's not going to depreciate down to 4 or 5 dollars and I really doubt they do another reprint.

I was able to redownload the demo from my history, so I'm gonna try it tonight, and if I like it, I'll get in on this deal.

[quote name='chrislaustin']I was able to redownload the demo from my history, so I'm gonna try it tonight, and if I like it, I'll get in on this deal.[/QUOTE]

The demo for this game sucked. After playing it, I decided that I didn't want it. I'm glad I ultimately bought it played it due to the vocal fan base.

[quote name='needler420']He's got sealed and mint down. Considering the game has been a sub $20 dollar game for like 3-4 years now he's a pretty far ways from rare. It has the potential to be that niche rpg but right now it's as rare as someone buying two copies of COD black ops. One for playing, one for collecting.[/QUOTE]

images

[quote name='sassylaurie']It's on SD now, so if you're on the pot, sh*t or get off.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Thanks for the 'last call'.

I might get this just to have a sealed new copy. I bought and played a used copy from Gamestop. I enjoyed Valkyria Chronicles enough that I am willing to own the game twice.

Still have to play the DLC, which I think price dropped or I got them on sale awhile back.

Only 31 left from HubbaGames (fulfilled by Amazon). I got one after everyone in the tread saying to just buy it. Had some credit too so I got it for $11.

Great price. It's a recent deal because I got it for 19.99 from the same seller I believe in December 2012. I checked the price again in January/early February and it still was the same price so yeah, it's recent.

I guess I'll put my two cents in about this game. It's awesome... no seriously it's my favorite game this gen. That being said here's some reasons not to get it.

1. You hate anime. For the most part this game is an anime styled game, and it's awesome. Just such a great story, and the art is beautiful, but yea if you hate anime this game isn't going to change that.

2. You need trophies... this doesn't have any, and if you care, I feel sorry for you.

3. You don't want anything turn based. While the turns are much better than most it's still a turn based game.

4. You need something online. No multiplayer no stats, no online connectivity.

5. You think it'll be worth something. Honestly there's nothing about this game that warrants it being collectible. It's popular enough to have a reprint, but not popular enough to quickly sell out. I'll give you that this game in no way sold as many copies as it should of, and is a modern masterpiece. Still 2 things are needed for something to be collectible. One it needs to be rare. There are about 2 million copies of this game floating around. It's not going to hard to find a sealed one until 30+ years from now. Even then it'll probably only bring 5x it's retail price. And who knows who'll be interested in the game by then, and it's not like nobody will be able to play it.

I know this game has been getting a lot of praise in this thread, and I just want to add to it. I bought this (thanks to CAG!) on a whim because so many people seemed to enjoy it, once I finally sat down and played it I understood why. I could go on about why, but trust everyone here and pick this up!

[quote name='jrhawk42']I guess I'll put my two cents in about this game. It's awesome... no seriously it's my favorite game this gen. That being said here's some reasons not to get it.

1. You hate anime. For the most part this game is an anime styled game, and it's awesome. Just such a great story, and the art is beautiful, but yea if you hate anime this game isn't going to change that.

2. You need trophies... this doesn't have any, and if you care, I feel sorry for you.

3. You don't want anything turn based. While the turns are much better than most it's still a turn based game.

5. You think it'll be worth something. Honestly there's nothing about this game that warrants it being collectible. It's popular enough to have a reprint, but not popular enough to quickly sell out. I'll give you that this game in no way sold as many copies as it should of, and is a modern masterpiece. Still 2 things are needed for something to be collectible. One it needs to be rare. There are about 2 million copies of this game floating around. It's not going to hard to find a sealed one until 30+ years from now. Even then it'll probably only bring 5x it's retail price. And who knows who'll be interested in the game by then, and it's not like nobody will be able to play it.[/QUOTE]

Colin Moriarty from IGN PS3 won't play it b/c of No. 2.

Yet another post in strong support of this game. When I learned I might be getting a PS3 soon, this was the first game I bought. Yes--I bought it before I even had a PS3! LOL

I definitely think this is one of my favorite PS3 games, but I do enjoy anime and I prefer a slower, strategic game. The watercolor art style is rather unique, and the mix of action/strategy strikes just the right note.

I'll never understand the people who won't play a game because it lacks trophies. That is the saddest aspect of the new generation of gamers. Forget eating that delicious burger--you won't get a gold sticker for your shirt that says you just ate a burger!

Says it's backordered, but they should have more later today.

How different is this from the sequel? Overall easier or harder?

[quote name='jrhawk42']I guess I'll put my two cents in about this game. It's awesome... no seriously it's my favorite game this gen. That being said here's some reasons not to get it.

5. You think it'll be worth something. Honestly there's nothing about this game that warrants it being collectible. It's popular enough to have a reprint, but not popular enough to quickly sell out. I'll give you that this game in no way sold as many copies as it should of, and is a modern masterpiece. Still 2 things are needed for something to be collectible. One it needs to be rare. There are about 2 million copies of this game floating around. It's not going to hard to find a sealed one until 30+ years from now. Even then it'll probably only bring 5x it's retail price. And who knows who'll be interested in the game by then, and it's not like nobody will be able to play it.[/QUOTE]

These are very good points. I would also throw in that if you don't like hard games, you may want to pass. This game can get pretty challenging at times. Still, it is an amazing game and definitely worth a play.

I went ahead and grabbed one. I didn't get a chance to try the demo last night, but the great comments here swayed me. New copies are averaging 20 dollars on Ebay, so if I don't like the demo, or change my mind, I won't be loosing any money. Win/Win!

Whats funny is that I actually owned this years ago during some deal offer from someplace, and my backlog was so big(still is actually), that I decided to sell it. Now here I am years later, buying it again. Hopefully I'll get to it this time.

I'm playing this now for the first time, even though I bought it a long time ago... Shouldn't have slept on it for so long, it's an amazing game like everyone says.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']I love this game but will never understand people who love anime. Are they just budding creeps with the young looking girls and the way too much adult nature? Are we even? Can we agree that as human beings we don't need to understand everyone's reason for an opinion because its just that? If I could have went back into time and prevented you from posting yours, I would have.[/QUOTE]

You have a lot to learn, but I assume from you post that you're still growing up. Of course some opinions are wrong. All of society is pretty much deciding which opinions are more valid than others. (Don't let your internet upbringing delude you into thinking otherwise.) Wasn't that long ago that some people's opinions were that it was okay to own other people. Guess we shouldn't have looked down on them, eh? It's just their OPINION after all. :roll:

I won't say someone is right or wrong for liking or disliking something. If you tried anime or this game and liked/disliked it, that's fine. But some reasons for liking/disliking something are dumb. If you saw an anime and found the voices annoying or the artwork too cutesy, that's cool. If you dislike all anime simply because there is a tiny gold sticker on the outside of the box, then you're a dope. That's what trophies represent. It's a meta reward that has nothing to do with the gaming experience. And ignoring a great game because it doesn't give you a tiny sticker is sad, sad, sad.

[quote name='Wompdevil']Trophies be damned, this game is amazing and more than worth the price[/QUOTE]
+1 for this. Believe the hype. The game IS that good! The story is worth the price of admission alone.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I'm playing this now for the first time, even though I bought it a long time ago... Shouldn't have slept on it for so long, it's an amazing game like everyone says.[/QUOTE]

Yea! Great price, don't miss out! Love this game and its characters.[quote name='Diad']+1 for this. Believe the hype. The game IS that good! The story is worth the price of admission alone.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, don't let the lack of trophies make you miss this gem. If only it sold better we would of got the sequels on ps3 instead of psp

[quote name='Zonic505']Says it's backordered, but they should have more later today.

How different is this from the sequel? Overall easier or harder?[/QUOTE]

I'd say more balanced. Game doesn't get super hard until Chapter 7 or 8 when they're in the desert and you face an enemy that can one-shot anyone.

[quote name='Zippon']You have a lot to learn, but I assume from you post that you're still growing up. Of course some opinions are wrong. All of society is pretty much deciding which opinions are more valid than others. (Don't let your internet upbringing delude you into thinking otherwise.) Wasn't that long ago that some people's opinions were that it was okay to own other people. Guess we shouldn't have looked down on them, eh? It's just their OPINION after all. :roll:

I won't say someone is right or wrong for liking or disliking something. If you tried anime or this game and liked/disliked it, that's fine. But some reasons for liking/disliking something are dumb. If you saw an anime and found the voices annoying or the artwork too cutesy, that's cool. If you dislike all anime simply because there is a tiny gold sticker on the outside of the box, then you're a dope. That's what trophies represent. It's a meta reward that has nothing to do with the gaming experience. And ignoring a great game because it doesn't give you a tiny sticker is sad, sad, sad.[/QUOTE]

Excellent post.

[quote name='Zippon']You have a lot to learn, but I assume from you post that you're still growing up. Of course some opinions are wrong. All of society is pretty much deciding which opinions are more valid than others. (Don't let your internet upbringing delude you into thinking otherwise.) Wasn't that long ago that some people's opinions were that it was okay to own other people. Guess we shouldn't have looked down on them, eh? It's just their OPINION after all. :roll:

I won't say someone is right or wrong for liking or disliking something. If you tried anime or this game and liked/disliked it, that's fine. But some reasons for liking/disliking something are dumb. If you saw an anime and found the voices annoying or the artwork too cutesy, that's cool. If you dislike all anime simply because there is a tiny gold sticker on the outside of the box, then you're a dope. That's what trophies represent. It's a meta reward that has nothing to do with the gaming experience. And ignoring a great game because it doesn't give you a tiny sticker is sad, sad, sad.[/QUOTE]

Gotdayum. Will you be my new best friend?

[quote name='alwayscheaper']I love this game but will never understand people who love anime. Are they just budding creeps with the young looking girls and the way too much adult nature? Are we even? Can we agree that as human beings we don't need to understand everyone's reason for an opinion because its just that? If I could have went back into time and prevented you from posting yours, I would have.[/QUOTE]

Sure is mad in here.

[quote name='mcpeepants']Valkyria Chronicles is the only reason I bought a PS3.[/QUOTE]

Same. :applause:

Bought it even before I bought a PS3. Hoping for VC3 to get it's behind over here sooner than later.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I'd say more balanced. Game doesn't get super hard until Chapter 7 or 8 when they're in the desert and you face an enemy that can one-shot anyone.[/QUOTE]Hmm, alright. I've noticed the game seems to spike in difficulty when I do missions to finish the chapter/month (I'm stuck at April at the moment). Otherwise, it wouldn't be too hard to adjust from playing VC2 to VC & back?

:applause:

[quote name='rad.dreamer3kx']Great game, no trophies. : ([/QUOTE]

Funny, the lack of trophies is a huge plus for me.

[quote name='rad.dreamer3kx']Great game, no trophies. : ([/QUOTE]

I really do not understand the big deal of no trophies. Its like taking the best journey in your life, and then bitching about not saving the tickets as a proof.

[quote name='kart007k']I really do not understand the big deal of no trophies. Its like taking the best journey in your life, and then bitching about not saving the tickets as a proof.[/QUOTE]

Was ok with zip's comments until the judgment re: trophies at the end. Should have left it prior to the gold sticker comments. We're not talking about slavery or ethical issues here.

If trophies weren't a big deal to gamers, why did designers add them in? Enough people/groups wanted them. Personally, I can take them or leave them. Wasn't an issue when I picked up VC as I knew going in it didn't have trophies. Might be a deal breaker for some and that's fine. They'll just miss out on a great game and that's it.

That's my 2 cents....back to the original VC is great, buy it discussion.

[quote name='bob330i']Was ok with zip's comments until the judgment re: trophies at the end. Should have left it prior to the gold sticker comments. We're not talking about slavery or ethical issues here.

If trophies weren't a big deal to gamers, why did designers add them in? Enough people/groups wanted them. Personally, I can take them or leave them. Wasn't an issue when I picked up VC as I knew going in it didn't have trophies. Might be a deal breaker for some and that's fine. They'll just miss out on a great game and that's it.

That's my 2 cents....back to the original VC is great, buy it discussion.[/QUOTE]

Well morality really is opinion based. Morals aren't the same throughout the world or through time. Ancient Greeks thought it was immoral to let a handicapped child live. The moral thing was to put the (just born) infant outside the city walls for the wolves to get.

That said, i would like to get away from the anime conversation altogether. Why does the art style even matter? It's from another culture, they're going toGET YOU OH NOES!

bread's done
Back