Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) $19.96 @ Walmart

I talked to a really really cool old guy 60+ at the store in Springfield Il, he said that you should never go by the in-store availability because the system lists them as out if there are 4 or less left. There where three left at my store and he said he picked a copy up for his grandson when he did the mark downs this morning, and he hadn't sold any up to when I came in.

Closest one to me is like 25 miles away, not driving that far, but alot of ppl have said the online locator doesn't show everything, willl give the local Walmart a call sometime.

[quote name='MarkHawk']Wow alright Wal Mart in Phoenix Az on tatium and bell has 5 left.

I met a cag named John here and we couldn't find them at first. He left but I asked someone and it turned out they had them in the back.

Also amazing clereance section here. hundreds of 10 games. If your in the area come check it out.[/QUOTE]

Hey :D, I almost asked someone to check the back but couldn't seem to find anyone at the time. Should have been more diligent. There were still three left though a cag was calling on the phone while I was checking out. Note: they still hadn't put them out on the shelves, found them at the electronics checkout where they were still untagged.

Big thanks for the follow up post to let myself and everyone know, small correction though, it was the walmart on tatum and cactus!

Gotta agree with the big clearance though, literally hundreds of games at $10 bucks (lots of '08 sports games, but definitely some solid titles in the mix).

Well, south Florida is out it seems :/

Only store in 100 miles that had it, when I got to the store and had someone check the internal inventory, found that there was 0 in stock.

Also saw a copy of Eternal Darkness still marked for $50 and OOS. Tried to haggle with the manager for a lower price, but no luck.

[quote name='tagmay']Hey :D, I almost asked someone to check the back but couldn't seem to find anyone at the time. Should have been more diligent. There were still three left though a cag was calling on the phone while I was checking out. Note: they still hadn't put them out on the shelves, found them at the electronics checkout where they were still untagged.

Big thanks for the follow up post to let myself and everyone know, small correction though, it was the walmart on tatum and cactus!

Gotta agree with the big clearance though, literally hundreds of games at $10 bucks (lots of '08 sports games, but definitely some solid titles in the mix).[/QUOTE]

Ha ha awesome! So your the person I met today right?

I tried to update the post about the address on my phone but I guess it didn't go through. May head out there later tonight with some freinds to go through the cluster of games. Some decent 10$ games I've always wanted to try.

A lot of 08/09 games were as low as 4$

Lots of titles like Kane and Lynch PS3, Red Alert 3 360, WarHawk PS3, Viva Pinyata trouble in Paradise 360, You're in the Movies 360, LAIR PS3, Company of Heroes PC, etc.... Literally HUNDREDS!

There is one left (in the display case, anyway) at the Wal-Mart on the Southwest side of Cedar Rapids, IA. Hell of a deal - you'd have to be nuts to pass on this.

[quote name='Coraanu']Grabbed one in Brooklyn Park, MN. Thanks OP! There's 2-3 copies left.[/QUOTE]

So I pretty much hate you right now. Like, a lot. I was there about an hour ago. No copies left. None. When I asked the guy, he said they didn't have any more in the back, although I am unsure if he actually checked because the people there are extremely unhelpful.

Not once, in the history of any of these markdowns, have I EVER had any luck. It's like the entirety of Minnesota is just a bunch of flippers who buy up every copy they see to resell.

[quote name='Eggman']So I pretty much hate you right now. Like, a lot. I was there about an hour ago. No copies left. None. When I asked the guy, he said they didn't have any more in the back, although I am unsure if he actually checked because the people there are extremely unhelpful.

Not once, in the history of any of these markdowns, have I EVER had any luck. It's like the entirety of Minnesota is just a bunch of flippers who buy up every copy they see to resell.[/QUOTE]

hey man i got 35 copies today...want to buy one...J/K there were 6 at a walmart 24 miles from my work and when i called to ask them to hold one they said no but i doubt they will all sell....i hate wal mart employees

Just went to my local Wal-mart and they didn't have any sadly, but I did find a DS bundle for $10 (includes a DS slip for DS Lite, 3 Styluses, a cloth, and Elite Beat Agents).

Needless to say, the stock checker that claimed there was 1 store within 100 miles of me and it didn't have it was wrong (and wrong). I picked up my store's last copy.

Hopefully I'll enjoy it as much as the demo (and more than the typical waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too hard Japanese Strategy/RGP).

Forgot to mention that while looking for valkyria, i did fing hot shots golf: out of bounds for $19. Thought i'd just put it out there. So one would leave empty handed.

[quote name='mmmend01']anyone in the houston area found any copies, if anyone does please post. thanks[/QUOTE]
Picked up a copy at the Beltway 8/I-10 store. There were 2 copies left around 9pm.

I tried the demo today and your right. It's fine in 480p. Gonna try to score one tomorrow.

[quote name='ruibing']My TV is a rear projection and only does 1080i, but I played it just fine.[/QUOTE]

For those in the OC/LA area, there's about 5 copies left in the Corona, CA store when I bought my copy. It's a bit of a drive but it's worth it.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']This should be dropped to $20 on Amazon by the end of the week.[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't list the title anymore as a seller, so unless one of their third-party affiliates drops the price.

There were at least 8-10 copies when I stopped by earlier today at the 31 Walmart in Hoover, AL. Still was tagged as $39.98, but rang up without any issues.

I went to two stores in the Glen Burnie, MD area. One didn't have any, though I didn't expect it too. The second one did, but the price hasn't been marked down yet. I had them ring it up to double check as well. The stores that showed up for me on the online search both said they didn't have any in stock. I'm not confident the people I talked to had the slightest clue.

I just bought this game yesterday for $40, but I haven't opened it yet. I won't be driving around all over the place to save $20 though.

I thought VC would be good but I was disappointed. It was a far more frustrating experience than a fun one (you miss a lot, the enemy snipes you from the other side of the map with a tank cannon).

[quote name='jazzman']Has anyone in the OC/LA area found a copy for $20?[/QUOTE]

Seeing that you guys are reporting the Walmart online inventory check program is crap, I made a swing by my local Walmart after work. Lo and behold! Last copy sitting in the case!

Nabbed that one for 20 and will be returning my GS copy tomorrow. :)

This is the Walmart in OC on Harbor and McFadden.

EDIT @sneakysnake: You do miss a bit in the beginning, but I did 2-3 skirmishes and leveled my troops up. They are considerably more reliable. Also, it seems the game's all about cover. Never leave a man in the open.

The online inventory checker is so flawed, but I did manage to snag one last copy at the Walmart in Elk Grove, CA. Called in and a guy by the name of Kyle knew the game and said it was "actually in the back," and that he would go get it for me and place one on hold.

He checked the price and it rang for 19.99. Drove up there and snagged it with lightening speed. Its rare to find a nice person who is willing to help at Walmart. Thanks to Kyle if you are here.

Thanks to the OP as well for a great deal.

Booyakasha! I've been waiting on a good sale/drop on this game. Missed out on the GS deal, what was it, last year? Thank you so much!

UPDATE: I played the demo, it doesn't let you play very much, but the game is very intricate (if you didn't already know) and definitely doesn't hold your hand, but it's very addictive. I can see myself either becoming very involved in this game, or very frustrated. :lol:

Will hopefully be picking it up later today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP! Picked up two copies at my Wally yesterday (one for me and for a gift) and they still had 3 copies left (Tampa, Fl on S Dale Mabry near I-275)

Is this Nationwide? becuase I was at WalMart trying to PM beatles RB and no luck :(
I was thinking of picking it up while I was there but I didnt feel like dealing with the sales people anymore, It was $39 still but didnt want to deal with asking if they could check the price.

Edit: this is in Florence, KY they have a lot of copies left. Dont hoard please and leave me a copy :D

[quote name='screamokid4life']Is this Nationwide? becuase I was at WalMart trying to PM beatles RB and no luck :(
I was thinking of picking it up while I was there but I didnt feel like dealing with the sales people anymore, It was $39 still but didnt want to deal with asking if they could check the price.

Edit: this is in Florence, KY they have a lot of copies left. Dont hoard please and leave me a copy :D[/QUOTE]

Should be nation wide. People have reported that some stores haven't marked their tag prices to match the system yet.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yeah I did the price change yesterday we didn't have any neither did many stores in general. Most ps3 owners. Most ps3 owners agree that this is the best RPG on the system.[/QUOTE]

I honestly, really, would not call this an RPG. It's really a turn-based strategy war game.

[quote name='Supernova']This is a great game forget the negative people![/QUOTE]
Until you realize you don't like it :lol:. I read probably 3-5 reviews on this game as I do with any and none really pointed out some of the gameplay problems. But for $20, goozex it if you don't like it.

[quote name='sneakysnake128']I thought VC would be good but I was disappointed. It was a far more frustrating experience than a fun one (you miss a lot, the enemy snipes you from the other side of the map with a tank cannon).[/QUOTE]

Ugh, *NOW* I finally hear something like this :lol: Oh well, at least $20's not bad to try it out I guess.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Until you realize you don't like it :lol:. I read probably 3-5 reviews on this game as I do with any and none really pointed out some of the gameplay problems. But for $20, goozex it if you don't like it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hate how certain games or publishers you'll just get flamed for daring to say something isn't perfect, or is too hard or something. I got almost nothing but negatives for my DS Fire Emblem review, yet there ARE people who would benefit from that-I certainly would have. Would have saved me quite a bit.

Called Walmart today and the lady associate told me that they didn't have any in stock and hung up right away like she was in a hurry or something, didn't even care to say if I needed anything else.

Think I should still check the store out? Closest Walmart is like 10 mi from me, so like 15-20 min drive, might go after work tomorrow.

Has anyone called and been told they didn't have it in stock then go to the actual store and see it there? Just wondering...

Whew, picked up the last copy at my local Walmart on my way back from work yesterday. $20 is a steal (and I don't even have a PS3 yet!)

Checked the Kingstowne Blvd, Alexandria, VA store and the Fair Lakes, Fairfax, VA store... nothing. I give up, screw Sega for not widely distributing this game.

definitely a good game, but pretty broken.
never ever go for A rank on your first play through; once you figure this out it kinda kills the game's strategic sense

I picked up a copy at the Maysville Rd Walmart here in Fort Wayne. They still had several copies when I picked it up around 10 AM.

I got the last copy at Corona, CA...I think. Thanks to akuma148 for the stock confirmation. Definitely nothing else left in the case today, but Cust Svc rep was pretty lame so slight chance of stock in back. Confirmed in person that there are no copies at Huntington Beach or Foothill Ranch.

[quote name='anubis20']wal-mart in Bowie, MD had 3 copies left after mine yesterday[/QUOTE]

Yeh, I figured the lady I talked to didn't know jack when I called there yesterday. Might make a drive later, only 7 miles away.

bread's done
Back