Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) $19.96 @ Walmart

LOL trading in ps3 games to get a ps3 is kinda funny :applause:
[quote name='Virgil_Leone']already did that myself, trying to get a ps3[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WyldRyce']They're still 3 copies left at my local Walmart. (I bought 2 of them 3 weeks ago) I guess no one around here wants them.[/QUOTE]

Buy a copy and ship it to me? :|

[quote name='WyldRyce']They're still 3 copies left at my local Walmart. (I bought 2 of them 3 weeks ago) I guess no one around here wants them.[/QUOTE]

buy me 1 too plz :D

[quote name='Wolfpup']Not sure their availability tracker works at all, as it found one Wal Mart store within 100 miles of me, when in fact there are 100,000,000 within that radius, and it doesn't actually list that store for stock.[/QUOTE]

If it's like what happened to me then it could just be that all the unlisted WalMarts 'don't stock that item any more'. I did a store locater outside of the deal and found plenty closer than the ones listed as in/out of stock, called the one closest and got a 'don't stock it any more'. Tried seeing if I could get one shipped (or something) there anyway, but was denied. Did anyone else get the 'don't stock it anymore', but turns out they had it anyway? Also, anyone know if this is a sale with a time limit, or is it an actual price cut? Also, any chance that the online portion will get some 'in stock' any time soon? Really want this game, but with Demon's Souls already taking a chunk of cash out, $20-30 is about all I can spare right now.

[quote name='dcm1602']Im starting to strongly doubt this game has been discontinued.

First off I cant find ANYTHING anywhere about it being discontinued (Amazon usually list when games are discontinued)

And secondly Sega just announced this week, that a reasonable amount of DLC will be added for the game in the upcoming year.

Now the only question left is when or if walmart plans on ordering more[/QUOTE]

If SEGA just announced that they're adding more DLC, I'm a bit hesitant to buy this now. Plenty of games that have had DLC added to them have eventually come out with the DLC built into the disc/included with the game later (Oblivion, Fallout 3, RE5, SW:TFU, LBP (okay, not all, but a fair amount), and Gears of War to name but a few). And with SW:TFU that saw a drastic price drop (although admittedly not everywhere) maybe a week before the Ultimate Sith Edition was announced.

Keep in mind that a lot of the games that have built in DC that was previously for sale are made by one or two companies.

i wouldn't count on a bundled re-release when/if more DLC comes out. Why not buy it now for $20, which is a friggin bargain, and enjoy it now? I just finished the game, and i'm about to go snag some DLC because i'm having that much fun with it. There's 3 packs, i don't really intend on buying the EX extreme kick your ass DLC, which is just a difficulty boost on current maps, when hard is already hard enough. So if i buy the other two, i've only spent $30 total. And next winter, when supposedly there's more DLC, i can crack it out again and have a fresh experience. Don't think about whether you could save like $5 a year from now, that's ridiculous. If you want the game go get it! You don't even know if you like it! what are you talking about DLC for?

doubt there will be a reprint caggers... even with dlc, there just isnt enough demand for this game and wouldnt be financially smart to do so.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still pick this up if I can find it within that $20-30 (new) price range (without having to drive 60+ miles total to get it from the store), but thinking that there might be a reprint with the DLC makes the pain of knowing that luck is against me more bearable. I suppose of Valkyria Chronicles were more popular than there might be a chance, but things aren't looking that way, despite it being one of the 'most-haves' of the PS3. One of the few games I'm actually inclined to believe is true, having only read reviews/played the demo.

my walmart has a bin with games in it marked 19.96$ on top. has 4 sides (one w/wii,one w/ ps3, 360, then ps2 games). so might try looking in main isle in front of electronics, not just behind the glass.got mine on the 2nd & they had few more. id love to be able to help some caggers but im broke-zilla.

[quote name='DFBTG']If SEGA just announced that they're adding more DLC, I'm a bit hesitant to buy this now. Plenty of games that have had DLC added to them have eventually come out with the DLC built into the disc/included with the game later (Oblivion, Fallout 3, RE5, SW:TFU, LBP (okay, not all, but a fair amount), and Gears of War to name but a few). And with SW:TFU that saw a drastic price drop (although admittedly not everywhere) maybe a week before the Ultimate Sith Edition was announced.[/QUOTE]

I'm at a loss, but other than Final Fantasy games that get re-release in Japan and games that get extra when they get converted to another console, when has an RPG been re-released with more content on the same system? I'm not being stern, I'd really like to get my trivia right.

Oh, and I picked this up when I saw the post way back when and I haven't regretted it at ALL. This game is finally pushing me to get a PSP so I can buy the sequel when it comes out.

[quote name='WormFOODx']I'm at a loss, but other than Final Fantasy games that get re-release in Japan and games that get extra when they get converted to another console, when has an RPG been re-released with more content on the same system? I'm not being stern, I'd really like to get my trivia right.[/QUOTE]

Persona 3: FES

[quote name='twztid13']my walmart has a bin with games in it marked 19.96$ on top. has 4 sides (one w/wii,one w/ ps3, 360, then ps2 games). so might try looking in main isle in front of electronics, not just behind the glass.got mine on the 2nd & they had few more. id love to be able to help some caggers but im broke-zilla.[/QUOTE]
My store has that too, I just recently went back too look
In that little section they only had The Orange Box, Army of Two, Assasins Creed, and some other crappy games.

[quote name='WormFOODx']I'm at a loss, but other than Final Fantasy games that get re-release in Japan and games that get extra when they get converted to another console, when has an RPG been re-released with more content on the same system? I'm not being stern, I'd really like to get my trivia right.[/QUOTE]
Also Oblivion and Fallout 3. But perhaps you mean JRPGs only.

I went ahead and bought one. I usually don't buy sealed copies of games I already own, but VC is my favorite game on PS3 and I can see wanting to have a sealed copy sometime in the future for posterity/selling.

Came to $23.78 with shipping and tax.

Might be a decent flip on goozex. This game only has 2 people offering. 0 requests but that should change although at 850 it's bound to go down

Awesome game. Can't say enough good about this game. Wish Sega would let us know whether or not they will include future trophy support. At full retail it's worth the price. This is a steal.

I so wanted to like this game...but couldn't get into it. I honestly don't have a good reason, either. Anybody else find themselves in the same boat? And I love strategy/rpg/tactic style games, too.

[quote name='chrisnsally']I so wanted to like this game...but couldn't get into it. I honestly don't have a good reason, either. Anybody else find themselves in the same boat? And I love strategy/rpg/tactic style games, too.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Something's wrong with you. :D

[quote name='chrisnsally']I so wanted to like this game...but couldn't get into it. I honestly don't have a good reason, either. Anybody else find themselves in the same boat? And I love strategy/rpg/tactic style games, too.[/QUOTE]

:grabs the torch and pitchfork:

There was P3:FES as someone else mentioned, and I did mention Fallout and Oblivion. Those are the only three non-console jumping RPGs I can think of (at least in the US) right now.

On another note, I received an email from Walmart saying that they have the game in stock (online). I just recently placed my own order. I got the email at 12:31 today. Just to note, my internet, being the awesome thing it is, fails to load pages properly at times, and during such times walmart said that 'this item is being discontinued' and 'check back 11/05/09'...the page also not loading properly is how I managed to get an email alert sent to me, given I couldn't find out how with the page being normal. So place however much stock you want into the above two statements. I myself won't be opening the game once I receive it till at least that date. I have too many games to play as is (at least 8 PS2 games and the great Demon's Souls which I bought yesterday...I love you and your spoils Atlus!).

[quote name='rpnguyen']I bit. $24.18 after tax+standard shipping. I'm in Los Angeles.[/QUOTE]

It actually shows the LA walmart having the game in limited stock

Wal-Mart# 2960
4101 South Crenshaw Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90008

Please buy more of this great game. Hopefully they will bring the sequel to the PS3 (rather than the PSP)

[quote name='dannyc']Please buy more of this great game. Hopefully they will bring the sequel to the PS3 (rather than the PSP)[/QUOTE]

The sequel is coming to the PSP, it's not like its up in the air, not sure what you're getting at. And it looks fantastic, btw.

[quote name='slowdive21']I think I got my order in. I got a confirmation, but I am not sure if it will ship.[/QUOTE]

same here. I can't believe they charge $63 shipping for 80 copies of the game . . .

;)

I didn't like it because of A: The long breaks between action. B: The pointless leveling system C: The slow slow slow action.

I don't think it's a Bad game at all It's actually pretty amazing. But not for me

ARGH!
I was so siked, nabbing this and I follow-up with a PS3 Slim
Yeah already OOS, and none w/in 100 miles of my zipcode

I hope most buyers weren't just buying to flip... =b ah well whatcanyado

It was in stock when I went to the site, but when I clicked submit order after going through the checkout process the web site hung. I let it sit for a few minutes but it didn't do anything. I closed the browser, opened it back up and the game was out of stock.

Needless to say I'm a little bummed.

bread's done
Back