Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) $19.96 @ Walmart

[quote name='Zmonkay']fuck me, I'm never gonna get it cheap at this rate...[/QUOTE]

That's why I follow my strategy of keeping CAG open at work throughout the day, periodically refreshing the deals page. You never know.

[quote name='Mahoney07']It actually shows the LA walmart having the game in limited stock

Wal-Mart# 2960
4101 South Crenshaw Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90008[/QUOTE]

wasn't in stock when i checked. oh well, just saved myself some transit time.

Bah, missed it. It woulda gone into the backlog of games to play when I bother getting a PS3, but one has to get them when they go cheap. Being CAG and all.

[quote name='bvharris']That's why I follow my strategy of keeping CAG open at work throughout the day, periodically refreshing the deals page. You never know.[/QUOTE]

lol, I actually checked cag at like 11:59, but when my 12:00 class started I put away my laptop (which I usually leave open and surf cag during said class). The one day I decide to be a good student...

[quote name='Masterkyo']Print out the Page go to local SEARS & Bestbuy store for pricematch :)[/QUOTE]

Good luck finding a store other than a video game store with this in stock. And Gamestop doesn't price match :(

[quote name='liberaltugboat']Mine already shipped W00T!![/QUOTE]
mine too. didn't realize walmart.com was so fast about shipping.

[quote name='slowdive21']I think I got my order in. I got a confirmation, but I am not sure if it will ship.[/QUOTE]

Interesting story about Funcoland. Since they are no more it seems the lifetime ban was for their life, not yours. LOL.

Mahoney07: thanks for the PM. Unfortunately its a see-saw battle of instock then OOS.. :'(
Ill keep hunting for it. I'll keep up the good cag fight.

Question about Valkyria Chronicles "gameplay" (I don't feel like making a completely new thread in the gaming discussion forum).

From what I have seen off of random clips, it doesn't seem like the enemies ever fight back. But if they do, they seem quite hesitant. Yes, I have come across a few youtube clips where enemies actually do open fire actively, but more often than not, they seem reluctant to do much of anything.

Say, if there's three enemies congregated together, and one happens to get killed, why don't the other two react to the situation at hand--they simply stand there as if nothing had happened.

And if the enemies do indeed react and fire back, why does it take so long? Why the hesitation? They would fire in your direction, then proceed to wait (it may take anywhere from 15 seconds to 45 seconds) until you did something, which usually involve you shooting back multiple times eventually killing your target--enemy drops dead.

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']Question about Valkyria Chronicles "gameplay" (I don't feel like making a completely new thread in the gaming discussion forum).

From what I have seen off of random clips, it doesn't seem like the enemies ever fight back. But if they do, they seem quite hesitant. Yes, I have come across a few youtube clips where enemies actually do open fire actively, but more often than not, they seem reluctant to do much of anything.

Say, if there's three enemies congregated together, and one happens to get killed, why don't the other two react to the situation at hand--they simply stand there as if nothing had happened.

And if the enemies do indeed react and fire back, why does it take so long? Why the hesitation? They would fire in your direction, then proceed to wait (it may take anywhere from 15 seconds to 45 seconds) until you did something, which usually involve you shooting back multiple times eventually killing your target--enemy drops dead.[/QUOTE]

It's a turn based strategy game. On your turn, the enemy can fire before you engage them if you get to close, but they cannot move until it is their turn. The same holds true for you when it is the enemies turn. You have to stand their and take the punishment. Finding cover and not leaving yourself exposed after turns are finished is essential.

Valkyria Chronicles is a great game, but if you aren't into SRPG's you might want to give it a pass. However, if you've never played any SRPG's then this would be one the best to introduce you to the genre.

[quote name='mnuttster']Mine shipped UPS this afternoon, super fast turnaround, well worth the extra couple bucks in shipping/tax.[/QUOTE]

When I lucked out and saw it temporarily available 3 weeks ago, I discovered just how fast Walmart gets it into UPS' hands, just how fast UPS gets it halfway across the country tinto the post office's hands, and just how slow the post office is to transport it to one of its bordering suburbs .

Well over half of my Valkyria Chronicles' week-plus long trek was spent apparently collecting dust within 20 miles of its destination.

To any CAGs in San Antonio.....The Walmart on 281/1604 had about 8 in stock roughly 30 minutes ago....Just picked me up a copy....

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']Question about Valkyria Chronicles "gameplay" (I don't feel like making a completely new thread in the gaming discussion forum).

And if the enemies do indeed react and fire back, why does it take so long? Why the hesitation? They would fire in your direction, then proceed to wait (it may take anywhere from 15 seconds to 45 seconds) until you did something, which usually involve you shooting back multiple times eventually killing your target--enemy drops dead.[/QUOTE]

See, you've missed the entire premise of a turn-based game. As scarclone stated, you gets to act when its your turn and you take the beating when its their turn.

In fact, VC is one of the few games that breaks the "true" turn-based gameplay style. During your turn, if you move into enemies' line of fire, they will open fire and you'll eat it hard. Traditional turn-based games(all the tactics games out there) allows you to move freely(or within the character's movement capability) without taking any heat until you open attack to an enemy unit... only then will the attacked enemy "counter" your attack. All other units around the area are... well... dummies until their turn or being acted upon. While you might think it's stupidly easy that you can do all you want without the whole army going at you... you're wrong. :) Cuz when it's their turn... you're sitting duck if you're surrounded as each of their character can take turn beating you down.

Because VC adds lil mixes like that to heighten gameplay excitement, it's awesome.

If you have GBA or NDS... try Advance Wars.

EDIT: Turn-based games are my forte... I just had to say something when someone fails to appreciate its depth. hehe.

[quote name='dcm1602']This game is no longer on walmart.com.

Not not in stock, but no longer on the website period.[/QUOTE]

Does this mean it's gone forever?

Back when this thread was first posted I went to my Wal-Mart in Georgetown, KY and they had 4 copies. The next day when I got paid I went to pick one up...gone :( However I just checked and the one in Lexington says "In Stock" so I'm headed down tomorrow. Thanks op

[quote name='WarPSycho']yea, i just checked the game doesnt exist on the walmart website, they only have the guide now[/QUOTE]

Hmmm ... it does seem as if the game doesn't show up on the search engine anymore.

DO NOT TRUST the in store availabilty on the site. I checked it yesterday and it said was not available at either walmarts in my town. Was at walmart later that day and they had 9 copies that I seen. This was the westside walmart in Evansville, IN by the way.

[quote name='bdrsvt']DO NOT TRUST the in store availabilty on the site. I checked it yesterday and it said was not available at either walmarts in my town. Was at walmart later that day and they had 9 copies that I seen. This was the westside walmart in Evansville, IN by the way.[/QUOTE]

good to know, because it is showing there are no copies within 100 mile radius for me o_O

[quote name='smcmanus1980']Anyone think an unopened copy of this game will be worth more than $40 a year from now?[/QUOTE]

I'd think you'd have to be a little bit more patient.

bread's done
Back