Vanquish Discussion Thread

I didn't know the little statues were part of the trophies until of course I saw the trophy says so... Nah, not gonna collect all of them. When I first saw one of those thing, I couldn't pick it up so I shoot it and man, it was creepy as hell.

[quote name='Fortune_P_Dawg']Yeah, I love the details. I dig how Sam's suit actually looks like a functioning machine with moving parts rather than just some spandex bodysuit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. I'm a huge Sci-fi fan and it's really cool. It's so ironic how bad Bayonetta looked on the PS3, and the same company can make this game
(which looks fantastic on the PS3).

Ok, I'm on the last boss. Playing hard mode, still my first playthrough. Need help.
I can't really figure out how to beat them. I read online that you can use the RPG and go for the Red one. Hit him 3 times, then grab the RPG on the ground to reload, and hit him again. Then try to take him out. After you kill one, you're supposed to get a save point to finish the other.

But holy crap it's hard. I've died a million times so far. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do it. Anyone else have a better strategy?

[quote name='jh6269']Ok, I'm on the last boss. Playing hard mode, still my first playthrough. Need help.
I can't really figure out how to beat them. I read online that you can use the RPG and go for the Red one. Hit him 3 times, then grab the RPG on the ground to reload, and hit him again. Then try to take him out. After you kill one, you're supposed to get a save point to finish the other.

But holy crap it's hard. I've died a million times so far. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do it. Anyone else have a better strategy?
[/QUOTE]
Check my last post in the thread- my spoiler explains how i beat them.

[quote name='nbballard']Check my last post in the thread- my spoiler explains how i beat them.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks. I just beat the game on Hard difficulty. I figured out the trick
was to keep dying and power up your rocket launcher to full. Then I just hit the red guy like 5 or so times and melee'd him once maybe and then the QTE triggered. Got killed as well, then went after blue guy, shot him w/RPG. I think I finished him off with a shred of life left and I was able to melee him to trigger the end QTE.
Holy crap that was tough. I think this may have been tougher than the last boss of Killzone 2.

On a different topic, to get the playthrough w/o dying, is it really strict? I mean, if you die, can you restart the whole mission and do it over w/o dying and have it save your progress? I think it's going to be really difficult to platinum this game if you have to not die at all, then start a brand new game if you die.

Dang, just played like 20 mins of it...and its exhilarating. I just want to take a day and playthrough it from start to finish. It seems like it answers all of my 3rd person over the shoulder type game wishes (MGS4, RE4, RE5, Dead Space, etc). You know how second playthrough you mess around and try to rambo it...but never get quite the satisfaction you expected. The only pet peeve about this game is cause there is so much going on screen you never get the satisfaction of a 'kill' (sounds morbid...hope people understands). Hope this is a just a start of a good thing, but Shinji Mikami went over to Bethesda.

[quote name='dejeckt']Dang, just played like 20 mins of it...and its exhilarating. I just want to take a day and playthrough it from start to finish. It seems like it answers all of my 3rd person over the shoulder type game wishes (MGS4, RE4, RE5, Dead Space, etc). You know how second playthrough you mess around and try to rambo it...but never get quite the satisfaction you expected. The only pet peeve about this game is cause there is so much going on screen you never get the satisfaction of a 'kill' (sounds morbid...hope people understands). Hope this is a just a start of a good thing, but Shinji Mikami went over to Bethesda.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's definitely not a slow paced shooter where you really get to have any kind of satisfaction for each kill. I think a lot of the boss battles may be what you're looking for. Depending on what difficulty you do, some of the boss battles can take a while.

It's definitely a great game, I really hope it sells well enough to get some more.

I beat it, didn't like the ending, too predictable and the chick didn't even kiss you (hell, no hugs either) at the end (sorry for the spoiler there :lol:).

What surprised me is the scrolling credits, man, it's pure awesomeness, I haven't see that kind of "invention" in ages (actually, never)!

What's the hidden trophy, anybody know?

[quote name='jh6269']Ah, thanks. I just beat the game on Hard difficulty. I figured out the trick
was to keep dying and power up your rocket launcher to full. Then I just hit the red guy like 5 or so times and melee'd him once maybe and then the QTE triggered. Got killed as well, then went after blue guy, shot him w/RPG. I think I finished him off with a shred of life left and I was able to melee him to trigger the end QTE.
Holy crap that was tough. I think this may have been tougher than the last boss of Killzone 2.

On a different topic, to get the playthrough w/o dying, is it really strict? I mean, if you die, can you restart the whole mission and do it over w/o dying and have it save your progress? I think it's going to be really difficult to platinum this game if you have to not die at all, then start a brand new game if you die.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap! You actually beat it on HARD? I don't even want to try it on NORMAL, it was brutal...

Not dying is very easy actually... Just do it on CASUAL AUTO, it's very hard to die (if you can beat on HARD, you have hard time to die on CASUAL AUTO). If you do die, just hit TITLE screen and continue. I didn't unlock the trophy because I died few times in the beginning, but later I learned that you don't get deductions to DEATH penalty if you quit to TITLE screen and CONTINUE from there. So if the logic applies, you can use the trick to unlock the w/o dying trophy, good luck!

I love to plat this one, but I can't see myself beating the bosses on HARD. The red/blue duos at the end are fairly insane on CASUAL AUTO (I didn't die on my first attempt, but yeah, they don't look easy at all). Not to mention the other bosses, no freaking way...

[quote name='Serpentor']Holy crap! You actually beat it on HARD? I don't even want to try it on NORMAL, it was brutal...

Not dying is very easy actually... Just do it on CASUAL AUTO, it's very hard to die (if you can beat on HARD, you have hard time to die on CASUAL AUTO). If you do die, just hit TITLE screen and continue. I didn't unlock the trophy because I died few times in the beginning, but later I learned that you don't get deductions to DEATH penalty if you quit to TITLE screen and CONTINUE from there. So if the logic applies, you can use the trick to unlock the w/o dying trophy, good luck!

I love to plat this one, but I can't see myself beating the bosses on HARD. The red/blue duos at the end are fairly insane on CASUAL AUTO (I didn't die on my first attempt, but yeah, they don't look easy at all). Not to mention the other bosses, no freaking way...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, beating it on HARD it was very maddening until I figured out the right strategy. After that, it only took me 1 or 2 tries. Plus, you get a save spot right in the middle of the battle, so it's not that bad (but it is bad :D). Also, my final score was negative, and my total play time was 18 hours LOL. So yeah, I beat it on hard but I sucked the entire way through. :D

Maybe I will try to platinum it later, but I just don't see myself going through all those challenges or trials or whatever it's called. I just started Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, and am really enjoying it (it's been unwrapped on my shelf since launch).

Is it just me or does the game feel very similar to MGS4. I can't really describe how the gameplay is similar, but just the whole presentation seems very familiar. The main character's voice has an odd similarity to Snake's voice, and even those damn statues make similar weird noise like those frog statues in MGS4. The whole bleached/sterile color palette reminds me of MGS4.
Playing this game makes me more interested in Rising than before.
Anyone know if this thing is gonna get DLCs in the future? Considering platinum games track record...it doesn't seem likely. This is probably the only new Japanese ip I would really like people to make another sequel (hopefully with a better story next time around).

[quote name='jh6269']Yeah, beating it on HARD it was very maddening until I figured out the right strategy. After that, it only took me 1 or 2 tries. Plus, you get a save spot right in the middle of the battle, so it's not that bad (but it is bad :D). Also, my final score was negative, and my total play time was 18 hours LOL. So yeah, I beat it on hard but I sucked the entire way through. :D

Maybe I will try to platinum it later, but I just don't see myself going through all those challenges or trials or whatever it's called. I just started Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, and am really enjoying it (it's been unwrapped on my shelf since launch).[/QUOTE]

Good choice, R&C:ACiT is a very enjoyable platinum, I love it. If you have problems with the Blaster Runs Hot trophy, remember to play the game on EASY (you can get this trophy on the 2nd run). I wish more games are like this (trophy requirements, not too hard, but enough playing time to mess around with the game)...

Vanquish is cool on the first play through, after you beat it, it's not that much fun anymore :whistle2:( (especially you beat it on HARD).

Vanquish thought...

Is the lady president (Winters) a parody of Hillary Clinton? For some reasons my first impression was Hillary Clinton...
She shot herself in the head :shock:

[quote name='Serpentor']Holy crap! You actually beat it on HARD? I don't even want to try it on NORMAL, it was brutal...

I love to plat this one, but I can't see myself beating the bosses on HARD. The red/blue duos at the end are fairly insane on CASUAL AUTO (I didn't die on my first attempt, but yeah, they don't look easy at all). Not to mention the other bosses, no freaking way...[/QUOTE]

Just curious, what does the "auto" do for you in Casual Auto? I played through the game a second time on just regular Casual and snagged all the mission-specific trophies as well as the not dying one. My play time was 4 hours. I can confirm that you do not need to go to the title screen and continue to negate a death. You just need to restart the mission. I died a few times even on Casual. Once I didn't get off the crumbling bridge quickly enough because I was trying to get the cannon trophy. And once the crystal guy got a hold of me and I didn't press the button at the right time and that's an insta-death no matter the difficulty setting.

The end bosses are pretty easy though - didn't die there. I could probably handle them on Normal now with some trial and error.

[quote name='jh6269']Yeah, beating it on HARD it was very maddening until I figured out the right strategy. After that, it only took me 1 or 2 tries. Plus, you get a save spot right in the middle of the battle, so it's not that bad (but it is bad :D). Also, my final score was negative, and my total play time was 18 hours LOL. So yeah, I beat it on hard but I sucked the entire way through. :D

Maybe I will try to platinum it later, but I just don't see myself going through all those challenges or trials or whatever it's called. I just started Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, and am really enjoying it (it's been unwrapped on my shelf since launch).[/QUOTE]

I think I'm going to pass on getting a platinum. I probably could do it, but given that I have already played through the game twice I don't really see myself enjoying it enough to warrant the hassle. Plus there are lots of other games waiting to be played and in the time it would take me to get those last few trophies I could probably finish a couple of those ;). I tried the challenges and died on the first 2. I'm not really sure how close I was to the end and I could probably slog my way through those, but I dunno... And playing through on Hard interests me a bit, but I'm kind of burnt out on the game. Plus I only found 33 out of the 112 statues. On my second playthrough I probably only picked up 3 or 4 more and that was with pretty thorough scouring of some of the levels. According to ps3trophies.org there are 4 per level except for the very first level. Wow, there are some missions that I just assumed had 0 since I wasn't able to find them at all on some missions. The most I found on any mission was 3. For example, where the hell are there 4 on the final one? There are the 2 obvious ones in the hallway at the start, but where are the others? Are they way off the side somewhere while fighting the end bosses?

Anyway, I think my plan is to sell or trade this in now while it has some value and then pick it up later (like 2 years from now) and maybe give it a shot then.

But yeah, Ratchet & Clank will be a breeze compared to this one. That was just the right level of effort for a platinum IMO. It took a little extra play but nothing outrageous.

[quote name='io']Just curious, what does the "auto" do for you in Casual Auto? [/QUOTE]

I believe that's auto aiming.

^^^ Hmm, well I'm no shooter game pro by any means (in fact, I'm quite bad) but I had no problem aiming and handling most things pretty easily in Casual. I can't imagine a need for an even easier mode.

[quote name='8bitArtist']most people going for the plat probably doesnt realize how bat shit insane challenge 6 is in difficulty.[/QUOTE]

Hah, if that's the case then I'm glad I decided to pack it in. I had enough trouble with he first 2 challenges!

[quote name='io']...

Anyway, I think my plan is to sell or trade this in now while it has some value and then pick it up later (like 2 years from now) and maybe give it a shot then.

...[/QUOTE]

On a curious note, why do you purchase, trade in, and repurchase? Wouldn't it be easier, well relatively, to just rent it from Gamefly? I tried doing the whole trading in/selling thing a year or so ago...but I guess I am a pack rat/hoarder cause I never liked it (even though I don't play the game anymore). Just checked Amazon trade in value for Vanquish and its still pretty strong (I think it was $33); maybe I should try to beat it quickly and trade it in.

I don't see the appeal of Gamefly, to be honest. I hate recurring monthly fees on things I don't use constantly. The only great value I see in that realm is Netflix at $8 - and even that I held out on for a long time.

I had no intention of getting Vanquish until the Kmart deal popped up so I certainly wasn't planning in advance to buy it, beat it quickly, then sell it. Though I did just that with Enslaved as well.

But yes, in hindsight, both of those games would have been perfect rentals. I was able to plat Enslaved in about 4 days so it definitely would have been a good rental. But really, I don't so that too often so over the long haul Gamefly is not cost effective for me. I tend to get games 6-12 months out and when they are much cheaper and then take my time playing them. It is really only because of Kmart that I got these 2 new releases at all.

the $33 for Vanquish at Amazon is somewhat disappointing, actually. I was hoping it would be $39 like Enslaved was. Of course I couldn't send my Kmart copy there because of the different UPC. I ended up selling it for $50 shipped, which wasn't bad considering the deal I got on it ($25 coupon, which, interestingly enough I used on Vanquish ;)). $50 shipped on eBay is no better (and in fact probably a bit worse) than $39 at Amazon because of all the fees, but at least it is taken care of. I just have a feeling both of these games will be much cheaper later. So about picking it up again later, I just figured when I can get it for $10 or less maybe I'll give it another spin and at least try to beat it on Hard mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dejeckt']On a curious note, why do you purchase, trade in, and repurchase? Wouldn't it be easier, well relatively, to just rent it from Gamefly? I tried doing the whole trading in/selling thing a year or so ago...but I guess I am a pack rat/hoarder cause I never liked it (even though I don't play the game anymore). Just checked Amazon trade in value for Vanquish and its still pretty strong (I think it was $33); maybe I should try to beat it quickly and trade it in.[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way, and my friends question my habits- but it makes sense. I buy all my games at K-mart and pay approximately $40 for each of them- give or take if I have extra coupons. I got Vanquish for $16. I beat Vanquish in a week and sold it to Amazon for $32.50. I did the same with Castlevania ($39), Spiderman ($42), Metroid ($31), Mafia2 ($40.75), so on and so forth.

If I really like a game, I'll keep it. If not, it goes in the mail after I beat it. Most of the time they go in the mail. I'm usually making money off of these games, so I can't rationalize using a service like Gamefly where i'm going to pay $15-20 a month.

[quote name='io']Though I did just that with Enslaved as well.

[/QUOTE]
Where did you sell your Enslaved? I've been considering trading it in, but I assumed that Amazon would give me flack about it.

@nbballard and io - Yea it seems like a logical, reasonable choice.
With the chance for profit, more than likely not going to play the game again, and many more games to play seems the most sensible choice is to sell the game. I think its solely based on personal preference for why I don't sell games (just like amassing a lot of em...sort of like pokemons).

I just realized the power of flash kick, not to mention the benefits of AR mode (shotgun + quick load + AR mode = win).

[quote name='io']
I think I'm going to pass on getting a platinum. I probably could do it, but given that I have already played through the game twice I don't really see myself enjoying it enough to warrant the hassle. Plus there are lots of other games waiting to be played and in the time it would take me to get those last few trophies I could probably finish a couple of those ;). I tried the challenges and died on the first 2. I'm not really sure how close I was to the end and I could probably slog my way through those, but I dunno... And playing through on Hard interests me a bit, but I'm kind of burnt out on the game. Plus I only found 33 out of the 112 statues. On my second playthrough I probably only picked up 3 or 4 more and that was with pretty thorough scouring of some of the levels. According to ps3trophies.org there are 4 per level except for the very first level. Wow, there are some missions that I just assumed had 0 since I wasn't able to find them at all on some missions. The most I found on any mission was 3. For example, where the hell are there 4 on the final one? There are the 2 obvious ones in the hallway at the start, but where are the others? Are they way off the side somewhere while fighting the end bosses?

But yeah, Ratchet & Clank will be a breeze compared to this one. That was just the right level of effort for a platinum IMO. It took a little extra play but nothing outrageous.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the platinum would be very crazy to try to get. Like you, if I played this and really tried, I could probably do it, but I spent so many hours on Demon's Souls that now I am running out of time before new games come out. And I already have the backlog (and just bought a PSP God of War bundle and also bought Persona 3). So I'm still swimming in games. I finished Castlevania and this game, and now moving on to Ratchet and the PSP. I never sell my games, unless they're freaking awful. I think I may try to play through one more time and see what I can do on casual auto, but I'm definitely going to wait until later.

But from your perspective, you'd need to play on HARD mode and beat the game. Since you already played through on CASUAL AUTO, you may get really frustrated w/it. I died a whole bunch, but kept plugging away and managed to do it. I only needed to refer to a FAQ on the end boss. Also, I have that Laser cannon that came with the exclusive GameStop pre-order, so that helped out quite a bit on different enemies (especially that pile of trash enemy that turns into a robot). That laser cannon can blow him up in one hit, then I can just switch to regular ammo and kill the little red eye running around

On a whole though, it was a good game. I have been playing RPGs and God of War clones for a long while now, and I was really looking for a shooter to dig into. Now I'm back to RPGs and God of war games until Killzone 3 :lol:

[quote name='io']I don't see the appeal of Gamefly, to be honest. I hate recurring monthly fees on things I don't use constantly. The only great value I see in that realm is Netflix at $8 - and even that I held out on for a long time.

[snip]

So about picking it up again later, I just figured when I can get it for $10 or less maybe I'll give it another spin and at least try to beat it on Hard mode.[/QUOTE]

I don't get the appeal either. You pay a monthly fee, and if you take too long on one game, that rental just cost you a whole month's worth of subscription. I would feel very pressured to finish the game ASAP so I can make sure I get my money's worth.

The only thing I use GameFly for is buying their cheap used games (scored Ghostbusters for $12).

Anyone attempted speed running certain stages yet? I haven't even beaten the game and I'm already thinking of strategies in speed running while playing through.

Just saw this of 1-3 (demo stage) being beaten in 4:17. Not sure whats the difficulty level though. Click on spoiler to see video.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qv8PWgJmNY[/media]

[quote name='io']I don't see the appeal of Gamefly, to be honest. I hate recurring monthly fees on things I don't use constantly. The only great value I see in that realm is Netflix at $8 - and even that I held out on for a long time.

I had no intention of getting Vanquish until the Kmart deal popped up so I certainly wasn't planning in advance to buy it, beat it quickly, then sell it. Though I did just that with Enslaved as well.

But yes, in hindsight, both of those games would have been perfect rentals. I was able to plat Enslaved in about 4 days so it definitely would have been a good rental. But really, I don't so that too often so over the long haul Gamefly is not cost effective for me. I tend to get games 6-12 months out and when they are much cheaper and then take my time playing them. It is really only because of Kmart that I got these 2 new releases at all.

the $33 for Vanquish at Amazon is somewhat disappointing, actually. I was hoping it would be $39 like Enslaved was. Of course I couldn't send my Kmart copy there because of the different UPC. I ended up selling it for $50 shipped, which wasn't bad considering the deal I got on it ($25 coupon, which, interestingly enough I used on Vanquish ;)). $50 shipped on eBay is no better (and in fact probably a bit worse) than $39 at Amazon because of all the fees, but at least it is taken care of. I just have a feeling both of these games will be much cheaper later. So about picking it up again later, I just figured when I can get it for $10 or less maybe I'll give it another spin and at least try to beat it on Hard mode.[/QUOTE]

Vanquish should have the same UPC, you mean Enslaved right? K-mart version comes with the comic book... So you're saying Amazon trade-in doesn't take K-mart version of Enslaved, because it has a different UPC?

[quote name='jh6269']But from your perspective, you'd need to play on HARD mode and beat the game. Since you already played through on CASUAL AUTO, you may get really frustrated w/it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but my first playthrough was on Normal and I did every level except for the final bosses in 5-3. My second playthrough was on Casual, not Casual Auto, and it was pretty damn easy considering I had already played through the game on a harder difficulty. So, except for the final boss and maybe a couple of others, I'm sure I wouldn't have too much difficulty with Hard. I would die a ton, no doubt. But with the final boss strategy that someone posted here I could probably do it.

[quote name='jh6269']I don't get the appeal either. You pay a monthly fee, and if you take too long on one game, that rental just cost you a whole month's worth of subscription. I would feel very pressured to finish the game ASAP so I can make sure I get my money's worth.

The only thing I use GameFly for is buying their cheap used games (scored Ghostbusters for $12).[/QUOTE]

Oh, no doubt - I've taken advantage of their sales a few times.

[quote name='Serpentor']Vanquish should have the same UPC, you mean Enslaved right? K-mart version comes with the comic book... So you're saying Amazon trade-in doesn't take K-mart version of Enslaved, because it has a different UPC?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was refering to Enslaved. Vanquish should be no problem to trade in to Amazon.

Just finished the game. Took longer than I though I would, 6:10 on normal.
end story, gameplay spoilers
Hmmz...I wonder why Fox didn't make a big deal out of the ending. Burns fight was freaking more difficult than the last boss; couldn't believe how annoying those marines got.
Overall, a good game. Lacks in the story department, but gameplay more than makes up for it.
Now onto finding those damn statues

Yeah, I'm not sure how long my normal playthrough would have been as I couldn't do the last bosses and decreased the difficulty for the last fight (which, as I said before, reset all my stats and meant I didn't get the trophies for beating Act 5 or the whole game).

My second, Casual, playthough took just over 4 hours though ;). (And I got those trophies as well as the one for not dying).

So, yeah, my one complaint with the game is the way the story mode/saving is structured. I wish I could have had multiple save files to keep, say, my original Normal run, a new Casual run, and a Hard run all going simultaneously. Any time you do a mission select you hose up your stats and progress - that is pretty annoying. (Though that may not happen if you just go back within the same game and redo a level - I'm not sure as I never wanted to risk that and have my completion trophies go up in smoke).

why did the ending remind of that GI JOE movie weak ass shit but I love playing that game SEGA is starting to make a comeback

[quote name='io']So, yeah, my one complaint with the game is the way the story mode/saving is structured. I wish I could have had multiple save files to keep, say, my original Normal run, a new Casual run, and a Hard run all going simultaneously. Any time you do a mission select you hose up your stats and progress - that is pretty annoying. (Though that may not happen if you just go back within the same game and redo a level - I'm not sure as I never wanted to risk that and have my completion trophies go up in smoke).[/QUOTE]

The only way I could think of actually doing that is by having 3 separate user accounts, which is unfortunately a lot of hassle (plus the trophies are set to each individual users I think). As for the trophies I think after you get em I don't you could do anything in game to get rid of it. I didn't know about the stats, but I could see that being annoying.
I think another way to redo a level without hurting your stats is exiting to title screen. I think I did that couple of times when I needed to stop playing for a moment, and from what I can recall the stats stayed the same.

Yeah, for everyone upset about the story, I think the story is supposed to be pretty much frosting. The real game is about the gameplay and the graphics. The story was pretty humorous to me at least. It's corny sci-fi, and I love it :lol:

[quote name='dejeckt'] As for the trophies I think after you get em I don't you could do anything in game to get rid of it. [/QUOTE]

I didn't mean the trophies would go away - I meant the progress on them would go away. For example, when I played the last level on Casual after doing ALL the others on a single play in Normal, I did not get the Act 5 and Story completion trophies - so, all the progress on those went up in smoke since my continue on the Normal game was then gone. I had to play the entire game through on Casual to get those (but that's OK as I wanted to get the one for not dying as well as tackle several of the mission-specific ones anyway).

I didn't do too bad - I got 72% of the trophies with about 6-8 hours spent on a Normal play and 4 on a Casual - both of which were tons of fun. Playing on hard, searching for all the statues, and completing the challenges would just be a time sinking blob of frustration, though, so I feel pretty good about calling it quits now despite my desire to (always) get a platinum.

hi everyone, comin in here kinda late but im thinkin about vanquish, its $35 at kmart...i know its impossible to tell someone else if theyd like a game, but i like the demos but im wondering if the game stays like the demos or does it get better than that?and is $35 worth it u think?

Just saw this (need to get this game); I wish the ending had some of this game's element, would've been so funny.

sorry for side tracking a bit, but couldn't help it

Could you imaging the President busting out of the white house* to space as the final boss?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Genl242_ZU8[/media]

[quote name='chrislisting']hi everyone, comin in here kinda late but im thinkin about vanquish, its $35 at kmart...i know its impossible to tell someone else if theyd like a game, but i like the demos but im wondering if the game stays like the demos or does it get better than that?and is $35 worth it u think?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, $35 is a fair price, I really enjoyed it. It's just like the demo, so if you liked the gameplay there, you'll like the game. It's like the demo but 4 - 10 hours (or 18 on hard if you're me and you suck at shooters :) ).

it came to like 37 bucks, i figure for a brand new game that has really good reviews, you cant go wrong especially when the trade in value is about the same as the game right now. even if i beat it i can trade it with like a five dollar loss....

its tough tho. i mean you really gotta keep jet thrustin all over the place from cover to cover, very fast paced intense game. i think its a mix baetween first and third person shooter tho. its actually good practice for all shooters in a way, huh?

im surprised there is no marketing at all for the game, every review site has rated it well, better than medal of honor too

[quote name='chrislisting']it came to like 37 bucks, i figure for a brand new game that has really good reviews, you cant go wrong especially when the trade in value is about the same as the game right now. even if i beat it i can trade it with like a five dollar loss....

its tough tho. i mean you really gotta keep jet thrustin all over the place from cover to cover, very fast paced intense game. i think its a mix baetween first and third person shooter tho. its actually good practice for all shooters in a way, huh?

im surprised there is no marketing at all for the game, every review site has rated it well, better than medal of honor too[/QUOTE]

Tips:
roll -> AR mode -> shoot -> stop AR -> roll away; this is just one basic strategy that most people tend to use (especially necessary towards later portions)
Try not to deplete AR bar, use melee attacks sparingly.

Glad to hear you finally got the game

I just finished my first play-through of the game on Hard! I want to go back and try to get some more trophies... to get the rest of the trophies (i.e. Legendary - beating the game without dying) do I need to start a new game, or can I get this trophy from completing the missions one by one?

[quote name='Thomas96']I just finished my first play-through of the game on Hard! I want to go back and try to get some more trophies... to get the rest of the trophies (i.e. Legendary - beating the game without dying) do I need to start a new game, or can I get this trophy from completing the missions one by one?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about that one...but the general strategy is circumventing death count by exiting to title screen when you die (rather than continuing or restarting). If you can beat it on hard I can see you getting that trophy in one~two good playthroughs with that game.

[quote name='Thomas96']I just finished my first play-through of the game on Hard! I want to go back and try to get some more trophies... to get the rest of the trophies (i.e. Legendary - beating the game without dying) do I need to start a new game, or can I get this trophy from completing the missions one by one?[/QUOTE]

Congrats :) How was your score? Mine was in the low negatives after dying a billion times. I can't imagine playing this on the hardest difficulty...

Necro-time for good reason. Got this two days ago, been wanting to play since the demo. I beat the story on hard and did all relevant trophy stuff except collect all peng statues. Cleared challenge mode today, specifically Challenge 6 which took me 2:30 hours of playing. Hard as hell due to 6-3 being random for me. Special mention to 4-5 for being evil too.

I only got to 6-5 twice, first one messing up the timing on the ball droids. Second time was awesome though. The last red bogey (11% health remaining I think) put me in critical with his mega laser as my AR went out. So I smoked a cig and threw my last EMP a bit later. Then I charged him not far by with a somersault kick once my boost recovered. Still in the air, I activated AR mode and fired my last rocket at him to win. The rush was insane.

have to start a new game

bread's done
Back