VC Wish List for 2008?

WrestleCrap'sRD

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
This was teased in the main VC thread, but I thought it might be fun to have a thread for this by itself. In short, what are your most wanted items on the VC in '08?

I'll start (by saying the same things I've said since day one, ironically enough)...

- Pro Wrestling
- Beetle Adventure Racing
- Online Play (yes, I know that's been shot down already)
- RC Pro Am

RD

some Squaresoft lovin', Shining Force 2 (3 would rock but that would require Sega CD support I believe), Smash Bros for N64 and a better way to handle storage

I think I already participated in this, but what the hell. Of what's been posted, I second Pro Wrestling and ZAMN. I also want:

NES: Gargoyle's Quest II, Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, Crystalis, Startropics, Jackal, Little Nemo: The Dream Master, Gradius II

SNES: Pilotwings, Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, Arcana, Demon's Crest, Star Fox.

N64: Pilotwings 64.

Can't think of any off the top of my head for the other systems.

Nes- Startropics, Crystalis, Little Nemo: The Dream Master

Genesis- Rocket Knight Adventures

Snes- Pilotwings, Mario Kart, Star Fox, Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, any RPG made by Squaresoft...

N64- Pilotwings 64

[quote name='soonersfan60']Super Mario RPG

/thread*

(*Always wanted to do that, but it always felt presumptuous... until now. :) )[/quote]
You don't do it to your own posts.

I don't think I would get ALL of these, but I would like to see them...

NES :
Goonies 2
Blaster Master
Bionic Commando
Maniac Mansion
TYSON'S Punch Out (never gonna happen)

SNES:

Chrono Trigger
Turtles In Time
Kirby Super Stars
Tetris Attack
Saturday Night Slam Masters
Sparkster
Secret Of Evermore
Zombies 8 My Neighbors

Genesis:
The Haunting Starring Polterguy
Strider
TMNT : Hyperstone Heist
Flashback
Beavis & Butthead
Batman

N 64:
Smash Bros
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Kirby 64
Goldeneye (with online play? ;) )

Adding Nintendo arcade games would be awesome (Donkey Kong, Mario Bros, Punchout), but thinking more realistically, Earthbound and Mischief Makers.

Aside from all the Squeenix releases that will be a long time coming, Earthbound and ZAMN. That would keep me busy for a while.

Maybe Monster Party for NES. Just because.

[quote name='Rocko']You don't do it to your own posts.[/quote]

I've seen it done both ways... I guess I don't have the hang of it because I don't use it enough. :p

NES: Super Dodge Ball

SNES: Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Kirby's Dream Land 3, Super Mario All Stars (I know it would have to be more then 800 points, maybe 1600?)

N64: Pilotwings 64, Beetle Adventure Racing, Kirby 64, Super Smash Brothers, Goldeneye 64 (if possible), Donkey Kong 64, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron.

Jet Force Gemini
Donkey Kong 64
Clayfighter 63 1/3
Space Station Silicone Valley
Pilotwings 64

I couldn't care less about the older systems.
i.e., their emulators are well-developed, and I can play the games for free. N64 emulation is still shitty.

pro wrestling is on it's way in 08. I'd personally love to see WWF No Mercy myself.

The main titles I want on the VC though are:

All metal slugs for Neo Geo (even the import ones we didn't get)
Knights of the Round
Vectorman (which IS coming in 08)
Tecmo Super Bowl
the Lunar Series
Shining Force II

Super Mario RPG. It's insane to think no GBA version ever made it out and we're still waiting for it on the VC.
One interesting idea that I hope very much Nintendo considers is putting the latest GBA Earthbound game as Wiiware. I'd orgasm shit and poop out cum if that happened.

[quote name='Sailorneorune']*grabs megaphone*

PULSEMAN.

That is all.

(Shining Force II was already mentioned.)[/quote]

I played that on the Sega Channel years ago. =) Never saw a cart of it. I'd love to play it again. FANTASTIC GAME.

Zombies Ate my Neighbors and General Chaos are two I've played before but would love to play again. On top of that I would like to see more import and Neo Geo games as well.

NES

Baseball Stars 1 + 2
Battletoads
Double Dragon 1-3
Final Fantasy
Mega Man 1-6

SNES

Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy VI
Super Mario RPG
Super Punchout!!

Genesis

Mega Man: The Wily Wars (Sega Channel FTW!)

Sega Genesis:
------------------------------------

Adventures of Batman & Robin
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Battletoads & Double Dragon
Beyond Oasis
Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
Championship Pro-Am
Disney’s Aladdin
Double Dragon
Flashback: The Quest for Identity
Forgotten Worlds
Gauntlet IV
General Chaos
Herzog Zwei
Landstalker
M.U.S.H.A
Marvel Land
Mega Bomberman
Mega Turrican
MERCS
Monster World IV
Pac-Attack
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III
Phantasy Star IV
Pulseman
Ranger-X
Rocket Knight Adventures
Rolling Thunder 2
Rolling Thunder 3
Saturday Night Slam Masters
Shadowrun
Shining in the Darkness
Splatterhouse 3
Super Fantasy Zone
Target Earth
The Lost Vikings
The Punisher
Thunder Force IV (Lightening Force)
TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist
Wonder Boy in Monster World
Zany Golf

Super Nintendo:
----------------------------

Aerobiz Supersonic
Aerofighters/Sonic Wings
Axelay
Bahamut Lagoon
Battle Clash (or other super scope games)
Blackthorne
Breath of Fire
Breath of Fire II
Chrono Trigger
Cybernator
Darius Twin
Demon’s Crest
Disney’s Aladdin
DoReMi Fantasy
Dragon Quest Series
Dragon View
EarthBound
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Gamefire
Ganbare Daiku No Gensan
Go Go Ackman
Gokujou Parodius
Gradius III
Illusion of Gaia
Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius
Joe & Mac (Caveman Ninja)
Kirby Super Star
Kirby’s Dream Land 3,
Knights of the Round
Lufia & The Fortress Of Doom
Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
Magical Pop’n
Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen
Otoboke Ninja Colossum
Out of This World
Plok
Populous
Rock ‘N Roll Racing
R-Type III
Secret of Evermore
Secret of Mana
Shadowrun
SimAnt
SimEarth
Skyblazer
Soul Blazer
Strike Gunner STG
Super Aleste
Super Dodgeball
Super Double Dragon
Super Earth Defense Force
Super Mario All-Stars
Super Mario RPG
Super Nova (Darius Force)
Super R-Type
Super Smash TV
Tales of Phantasia
Terranigma
The Adventures of Batman & Robin
The King of Dragons
Thunder Spirits
Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose
TMNT: Tournament Fighters
Twisted Tales of Spike McFang
U.N. Squadron
Wild Guns

I would love to see Super Mario All-stars...but wouldn't that defeat the purpose of them selling the original Super Mario games seperate :p

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Sega Genesis:

Shining in the Darkness
[/quote]
Unless I am mistaken I think that is already in the VC

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Super Mario RPG. It's insane to think no GBA version ever made it out and we're still waiting for it on the VC.
One interesting idea that I hope very much Nintendo considers is putting the latest GBA Earthbound game as Wiiware. I'd orgasm shit and poop out cum if that happened.[/quote]The ubiquitous "Surfer Girl" claims that Mother is on its way to the US on Wii and/or DS soon, so WiiWare could be an option.

[quote name='botticus']The ubiquitous "Surfer Girl" claims that Mother is on its way to the US on Wii and/or DS soon, so WiiWare could be an option.[/quote]

One can only hope. Given that Lucas is in Super Smash Brothers Brawl, as well as a stage from Mother 3, only fuels the rumors.

What if they released Earthbound and Mother 3 on one cart, like FF1&2? Man.. oh well. Hopefully they'll put Mother 3 out, then Earthbound on VC or WiiWare. Or both on VC/WiiWare. Whatever way, it just needs to get out there.

[quote name='Scorch']One can only hope. Given that Lucas is in Super Smash Brothers Brawl, as well as a stage from Mother 3, only fuels the rumors.

What if they released Earthbound and Mother 3 on one cart, like FF1&2? Man.. oh well. Hopefully they'll put Mother 3 out, then Earthbound on VC or WiiWare. Or both on VC/WiiWare. Whatever way, it just needs to get out there.[/quote]If they go that route, I'd prefer Mother 1/Earthbound 0 included as well.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Sega Genesis:

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Beyond Oasis
Landstalker
Rolling Thunder 2
Shining in the Darkness
Wonder Boy in Monster World

Super Nintendo:
----------------------------

Axelay
Breath of Fire II
Cybernator
Gradius III
R-Type III

[/quote]
I think you've already gotten your wish :) Although you should probably check the official VC thread before making a wishlist. All of the above from the list are already out for the VC in NA. Cybernator came out the week before, and Rolling Thunder 2 was on Christmas Eve's update.

Starfox, Ninja Gaiden III, Bionic Commando, Earthworm Jim (Genesis version or Sega CD version)

a bigger storage option

while were at it....some downloadable DS demos already!

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I played that on the Sega Channel years ago. =) Never saw a cart of it. I'd love to play it again. FANTASTIC GAME.[/QUOTE]

It never came out in the US or Europe as a retail release, and I'm sure lots of people who only got to experience Pulseman as part of the Sega Channel rotation would jump at the chance to play it on a TV again for a rather light sum of $9.

Beats the hell out of the $55 I paid for my retail copy.

To be honest, mooky, I think all we can do is pray, and hope Sega listens.

For the rest of you, or those who would like to know why this game is great, here ya go:

http://www.wiimcast.com/reviews/GEN/pulseman.shtml

[quote name='soonersfan60']Cool video. When are we getting Pulseman in the U.S.? I'd definitely buy that. Looks like a Sonic game with more power-ups and abilities.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea if we are or not. It has already been on the Japanese Virtual Console for about 8 months. In my mind, it makes perfect sense to bring it over because it's fun, people with Sega Channel nostalgia will be pretty well sold on it, and it would make money.

The legal concerns should be minimal because Game Freak works for Nintendo and Sega should be able to talk to them both.

It is fully voiced in English with Japanese subtitles like Sin & Punishment.

The potential moral issues with the game's story have been addressed in the review. It would not surprise me if something this asinine would keep Pulseman off the worldwide release list.

As suggested, the best thing to do would be to contact Sega and Nintendo and ask for Pulseman... and maybe form some kind of a coalition to do some Starmen.net-style nagging the shit out of them.

Of course it hasn't worked for the Earthbound fans either...

I'll also raise my high-pitched nasal voice in support of SHINING FORCE II!

[quote name='SL4IN']pro wrestling is on it's way in 08. I'd personally love to see WWF No Mercy myself.[/QUOTE]

Pro Wrestling was actually ESRB'ed way back in January of 2007, IIRC. We've still not seen it, so I'm not holding my breath. :)

RD

What potential issues in the story? (I couldn't listen to the audio in the Youtube video with my set up here, and I didn't see any reference to that in a few written reviews I found online.)

Oh, goody, I get to explain!

Well, the story goes a little something like this:

the benevolent scientist Yoshiyama was designing an artificial intelligence (called C-Life in the game), and ended up falling in love with her/it. He decided to set himself up as a resident of cyberspace and had a baby with Ms. AI. This baby was Pulseman.

It might be a tad controversial, especially for a game that was previously rated E for its Sega Channel release.

So to prevent the slightest smidgen of backlash from the "please think of the children*" crowd, Sega might not ever release this game here if someone has to explain the story.

*FYI: children = overreacting, overbearing sue-happy American parents who think they're thinking of the children

But then again, I could just be reading way too much into this, and Pulseman being confined to Japan may just be a result of Sega being pants-on-head retarded.

I do not believe I have seen Earthbound / Mother mentioned. I am thinking I missed it because everyone knows nothing else even matters.

Mother 3 or fail!

bread's done
Back