velvet assassin

it came out the 30th and if you enjoyed the hitman series of games you will enjoy this game but it is hard if you are not the best at sneaking games.

[quote name='danked']Passed the first 2 missions and I think I hate the game. I may just be me tho.[/QUOTE]

What's good/bad about it?

I was watching someone's stream and to me it looks a little ridiculous in terms of difficulty.
But apparently it released on different days.

I believe this game has a 4 hour speed run achievement, it can't be very long. I am interested but its clearly a budget game (yay South Peak)

THis game requires patience. I am about 50% through it.

It isn't bad, but the checkpoints are pretty spaced out. The game requires the use of stealth, much like the older Splinter Cell titles. Unfortunately, since the checkpoints are a decent distance from one another, every enemy that you take out becomes a risk. While you can instant kill them from behind, if they turn before you get to them, you almost instantly die.

If you love hardcore stealth and don't mind retrying things until you "get it right", you will enjoy Velvet Assassin. I like it, but its a flawed, niche title. Those looking for a "run and gun" game--or even something like MGS4--will NOT like this.

Btw, despite the "Beat it in 5 hours" achievement, the game should take you about 8-10 hours on Normal during your first run. You will die a lot, and the collectibles that are scattered about take awhile to track down. Doing so awards you with experience points (that improve your abilities) making the collectibles worth seeking.

I'm doing a full review for TGR later this week, so I will throw a link here when it is up. At this point, I say that the game is better than IGN's 5.0 rating, but not by a lot.

[quote name='joeyd07']THis game requires patience. I am about 50% through it.

It isn't bad, but the checkpoints are pretty spaced out. The game requires the use of stealth, much like the older Splinter Cell titles. Unfortunately, since the checkpoints are a decent distance from one another, every enemy that you take out becomes a risk. While you can instant kill them from behind, if they turn before you get to them, you almost instantly die.

If you love hardcore stealth and don't mind retrying things until you "get it right", you will enjoy Velvet Assassin. I like it, but its a flawed, niche title. Those looking for a "run and gun" game--or even something like MGS4--will NOT like this.

Btw, despite the "Beat it in 5 hours" achievement, the game should take you about 8-10 hours on Normal during your first run. You will die a lot, and the collectibles that are scattered about take awhile to track down. Doing so awards you with experience points (that improve your abilities) making the collectibles worth seeking.

I'm doing a full review for TGR later this week, so I will throw a link here when it is up. At this point, I say that the game is better than IGN's 5.0 rating, but not by a lot.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I'll probably pick it up when it drops in price (which, let's face it, will be pretty soon).

bread's done
Back