Very cheap HD-DVD's @ Amazon + shipping (from closeoutmovies)

xboxer75010

CAG Veteran
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_?url=me%3DA2LCOF6C3HGT6M&field-keywords=hd&x=0&y=0

It seams that some of them are still available you should see a little link underneath some movies that says "2 Used & new from $4.96" click on it and select the one that says Fulfillment by Amazon.

EDIT: The same titles are still available, though they're no longer being fufilled through Amazon.com for closeoutmovies. closeoutmovies is handling it themselves, and for that, you have to pay for shipping. Some movies are down to $5. As stated above, some of them are still showing up through Amazon.com fulfillment, though you need to click through to the all buying options. The cheapest price comes up as the default option for purchase, regardless of who sells it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='koreamanloves24']Everyone should get Eastern Promises.[/QUOTE]

Eastern Promises is good, but the one movie everyone should get is The Deer Hunter.

This is bullshit. I woke up to double-check my order, and I was charged $98.85 (thought I had only spent ~$70)! Turns out The Last Starfighter jumped up to $14.99, even though I ordered through Prime. I don't think I would have missed that.

I also checked the seller page and was horrified at the fact that everything dropped even further. Now I see why---Prime eligbility is completely gone from all titles. So basically, I paid $15 for shipping...I think I still got the better deal, though, since the shipping from the seller is ~$3.

[quote name='JaroldL']good taste.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I really only wanted Mallrats and Battlestar Galactica - Season One. I have wanted Mallrats for a long time but didn't want to pay much because I have it on DVD. Same with Clerks 2 that is on backorder from Frys. I don't think that will ever be coming in. The rest I got because they were cheap. I was going to order:

Darkman [HD DVD] 12.97 (price is what stopped me)

An American Werewolf in London (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] 3.48 (don't really like combo discs but for the price I think I should have picked it up. Have not seen it in years and last I remember it was not bad.)

Children of Men (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] 2.97 (being a combo stopped me from getting this but now that I see it is 2.97 I think I should have got it. Really good movie and worth it for being a combo.)

Smokin' Aces (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] 2.97 (yet again a combo and I'm not really sure if I would like it or not.)

The Frighteners (Peter Jackson's Director's Cut) [HD DVD] 14.99 (i had this in my cart but price and shipping made me take it out.)

Monty Python's The Meaning of Life [HD DVD] 4.98 (took it out due to shipping)

Dead Silence (Unrated) (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] 5.65 (took it out because of it being a combo and not sure if I really want to see it. I tried to watch it once in the past and could not get into it. However that was bootleg.)

Land of the Dead (Unrated Director's Cut) (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] 5.98 (combo)

I may order them later if they are still instock and for that price but I really don't like combos. I only got the two I did because of the price and the one to compleate the mummy movies. If it was not for the shipping I would order all of them listed and maybe others. I'm starting to think I should cancel Slither and get Children of Men

It is sad to because they could get rid of almost all of them if they would just change the way the shipping is. I would have ordered everything I listed in my above post if it was not for that. It got to the point where 60 bucks worth of HD DVDs was going to be 30-40 in shipping. I know it does not cost that much to ship them. I'm wondering if they will ship them one at a time or all in the same box. even still before the 30 bucks off for using amazon credit card for the first time mine came out to just around 8 bucks a disc and one of them is a box set. So that is not to bad.

I'm just hoping I'll actually get the ones I want. I'm broke and just got an HD DVD player, so I used my points2shop points on getting Hot Fuzz, Hot Rod, and Smokin Aces. Only problem is, is the p2s takes FOREVER to get your orders sent through!

Thanks for the heads up. I got Mummy, Mummy Returns and Fast Time at Ridgemont High, averaged out to $7 each shipped.
I can see how somebody might not want to pay $3 each for shipping (based on the principle alone), but damn, the final price is only $7. If you can beat that price anywhere else, I'll eat my hat.

Look at it this way, if these movies were $7 with free shipping would you buy? Of course you would, because it would still be the best deal you'll find.

[quote name='sendme']It is sad to because they could get rid of almost all of them if they would just change the way the shipping is. I would have ordered everything I listed in my above post if it was not for that. It got to the point where 60 bucks worth of HD DVDs was going to be 30-40 in shipping. I know it does not cost that much to ship them.[/quote]

They must also be a long-time Ebay seller. :lol:

Nice. Got the following for 5.99 each:
Accepted
Miami Vice
2 Fast 2 Furious
White Noise
White Noise 2
The Hitcher

Super Saver Shipping sealed the deal for me. $34.95 for titles I wanted anyway is too good to pass up.

So I just checked the sale again and saw that Hot Fuzz and Smokin' Aces went down to $2.97 with $2.98 shipping. That works out for me because they are two of the four movies I wanted and I had $13 on an Amazon gift card.

I was going to say this is the first time in a long time I've bought anything from Amazon but technically I bought them from closeoutmovies so that makes me feel a little better.

Keep checking back. A lot of these are going back and forth from being fulfilled by Amazon. I just got 12 Monkeys for $6 shipped through Amazon. It was $5 before shipping yesterday.

shipping totally kills the deal, but i did buy all the 2.98 movies. just because its a good deal. lol. wanted a lot more. but not for that price.

Make that 3 out of the 4 movies I want dropped to $2.97. Just picked up Elizabeth: The Golden Age.

It wasn't even on sale any longer 2 hours ago when I snagged the other 2 movies. I'm going to keep checking back on this sale until it is over.

Items:
1 of: The Breakfast Club (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD]
Sold by: BSE ENTERTAINMENT INC (seller profile)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Order Date: January 19, 2009
Items:
1 of: Dazed and Confused (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD]
Sold by: closeoutmovies (seller profile)
1 of: Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD]
1 of: Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD]
1 of: Tremors [HD DVD]
1 of: Animal House (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD]

OMG! This closes up my HD DVD purchases at about 99% of want I want on the format. 6 HD movies for $50 shipped. Even though I didnt want HD DVD to die off and succeed over BluRay I cant fault these great deals. The last HD DVD I want is the Jack RYan Collection. With that set I am 100% done with over 120 movies.

Also, Hot Fuzz is only $2.99!! This is an absolute steal at this price! One of the best PQ af all HD DVD's released and damn funny ass movie as well.

Thanks OP, picked up a few of the cheaper $2.96 titles that I had been wanting to get for awhile... wish they would make a combined shipping total cheaper... but still good deal none the less.

P.S. seeing movies like Hot Fuzz for $2.99 make me sad in the pants... I paid $34 I believe when it came out... and CoM too. Ouch.

Damnit. Just got another 4 I should have picked up the first time. Makes my grand total 13 now. After shipping, still just $5.95/each.

• 1 of: Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Combo HD DVD) [HD DVD]
  • 1 of: Animal House (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD]
  • 1 of: Hot Fuzz (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD]
  • 1 of: The Kingdom (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD]

Man I wish I still had money on my amazon gift card. I just don't have the money right now to take advantage of this sale, hopefully It goes on for a decent amount of time.

Thanks OP, picked up the following

Animal House (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD]
Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD]
Slither (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD]
12 Monkeys [HD DVD]
Waterworld [HD DVD]
An American Werewolf in London (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD]
Brokeback Mountain [HD DVD]
Meet Joe Black [HD DVD]
The Kingdom (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD]
Eastern Promises (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD]

For $66 shipped, not too shabby.

With the outrageous shipping charges they are now tacking on, this deal is dead to me. Over 20 dollars to ship 7 or 8 DVD's is ridiculous.

What the hell, I thought the only difference between the Elizabeth titles was the cover art. I had no clue there were two movies.

[quote name='Megalith']What the hell, I thought the only difference between the Elizabeth titles was the cover art. I had no clue there were two movies.
smile.gif
[/quote]
Lol :applause:

Not bad

1 "The Aviator [Blu-ray]" $13.99
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

Order #2 : closeoutmovies
Subtotal of Items: $9.42
Shipping & Handling: $8.94
------
Total for this Order: $18.36

1 "Animal House (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD]"
John Belushi; HD DVD; $2.97

1 "Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD]"
Sean Penn; HD DVD; $2.97

1 "An American Werewolf in London (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD]"
David Naughton; HD DVD; $3.48

The HD-DVDs added up to $6.12 a disc which is fine with me for brand new movies.

[quote name='Sporadic']Not bad

1 "The Aviator [Blu-ray]" $13.99
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

Order #2 : closeoutmovies
Subtotal of Items: $9.42
Shipping & Handling: $8.94
------
Total for this Order: $18.36

1 "Animal House (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD]"
John Belushi; HD DVD; $2.97

1 "Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD]"
Sean Penn; HD DVD; $2.97

1 "An American Werewolf in London (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD]"
David Naughton; HD DVD; $3.48

The HD-DVDs added up to $6.12 a disc which is fine with me for brand new movies.[/quote]

:whistle2:#

Holy crap, think I have some decent stuff to toss in with a usb hub I've been eyeing for free shipping

EDIT: re-read the OP...figures that I miss out on using them to pad my order...

Shipping kills the deal for me. I was about to buy 13 movies for 65 bucks, but they were charging me 41 dollars to ship it.

Talk about a weird sale. The movies listed as $2.99 this morning are now all around $7 each... what closeoutmovies is thinking I have no idea.

My fulfilled by amazon Hot Fuzz order didn't ship today.... weird.

A blu-ray order for Repo The Genetic Opera did go out, so I don't think it had anything to do with MLK Day.

[quote name='lawl']My fulfilled by amazon Hot Fuzz order didn't ship today.... weird.

A blu-ray order for Repo The Genetic Opera did go out, so I don't think it had anything to do with MLK Day.[/quote]

UPS Still ran today, my 8 movies shipped out today and will be here Wed with Prime

[quote name='von551']deal is now dead most went back up to $6 and some even to $20, yikes![/quote]

How do you figure that? The deal isn't dead. There are still a lot of the movies that are $4.99. Like I said in my previous post; all the $2.99 movies went up to $7 for some random reason.

I ordered 6 of these the first night the deal was posted, and they all shipped. Outstanding.

- Heroes S1
- Fear and Loathing
- Mallrats
- Big Lebowski
- Serenity
- Van Helsing

For a combined $24 less than the price of Heroes S1 on Blu-Ray alone.

[quote name='Lucky13']How do you figure that? The deal isn't dead. There are still a lot of the movies that are $4.99. Like I said in my previous post; all the $2.99 movies went up to $7 for some random reason.[/quote]

um, well all the $3 went up to $5-8. $8+$3 shipping aint such a great deal, now is it? oh yeh, 2 fast 2 furious tokyo drift went up to $20 for a little while too.

My two seperate orders of 6 each both shipped today.

I got 12 HDVDs that I really wanted for under $72 shipped...Nice deal!....Thanks again OP!

Got my order of 8 today, wasn't even expecting them till tomorrow. Not bad, selected free two day shipping with Prime, and it comes in one day. Me Likey

My order of 3 movies showed up without any issue, packed in an Amazon.com box with Amazon.com Prime shipping. All of them were new and sealed and survived the trip OK.

[quote name='munch']I just got both of mine: brand new and in perfect shape. I think I'm almost done with HD DVDs.[/quote]

It can never end!:bomb:

:D

Quick Question, are the HD/DVD Combo DVDs any good if you just want it for the standard DVD? Don't own an HD DVD Player, but I fugre Smoking Aces and Animal House are worth about $6 each..

bread's done
Back