VG Ads: June 19-25 (best buy/circuit city/target/sears)

The Successful Dropout

CAGiversary!
Feedback
101 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
iconbestbuy.gif

iconps2_r2.gif

$149.99
System
$49.99
Destroy All Humans
$29.99
Prince of Persia WW
Splinter Cell CT
$19.99
Mortal Kombat Deception
8mb Mem Card
Dualshock 2 Controller
$14.99
MLB 2k5
iconxbox_r2.gif

$49.99
Destroy All Humans
$29.99
Prince of Persia WW
Splinter Cell CT
$19.99
Mortal Kombat Deception
$14.99
MLB 2k5
icongamecube.gif

$99.99
System Bundle (BB Exclusive w/ Zelda WW)
icongbasp_r1.gif

iconfree.gif
Pokemon Case w/ purchase of any GBA game $19.99 and up.
$34.99
Pokemon Emerald
$29.99
Yoshi TT
WarioWare Twisted!
iconpcwin.gif

$49.99
GTA SA
$39.99
World of Warcraft
$24.99
Zoo Tycoon 2
Sim City 4
iconcircuitcity.gif
Circuit City
iconcircuitcity.gif

iconps2_r2.gif

$49.99
Destroy All Humans! w/
iconfree.gif
Exclusive Soundtrack (in-store only)

$19.99
MLB 2k5
Narc
FSWarrior
iconxbox_r2.gif

$49.99
Destroy All Humans! w/
iconfree.gif
Exclusive Soundtrack (in-store only)

Conker Reloaded w/
iconfree.gif
Conker Plus Toy (in-store only)

$19.99
GH Tourn. Paintball
MLB 2k5
Narc
icongbasp_r1.gif

$89.99
System w/ Mario Golf
$34.99
Pokemon Emerald
$29.99
Mario Party Advance
The Incredibles
$14.99
Disney Princess
iconpcwin.gif

$49.99
Battlefield 2 w/
iconfree.gif
$10 Gift Card (in-store only)
$44.99
Guild Wars
$14.99
Guild Wars Guide
icontarget.gif
Target
icontarget.gif

iconps2_r2.gif

$49.99
Destroy All Humans! w/
iconfree.gif
Exclusive Mini Guide
$39.99
DBZ Sagas
MLB 06
Madagascar
iconxbox_r2.gif

$69.99
12-month Live Sub
$49.99
Destroy All Humans! w/
iconfree.gif
Exclusive Mini Guide
$39.99
DBZ Sagas
MLB 06
Wrestlemania 21
Madagascar
$38.88
Doom 3
Halo 2
$29.99
Brothers in Arms
Controller S
$24.88
DvD Remote
icongamecube.gif

$39.99
DBZ Sagas
Madagascar
icongbasp_r1.gif

$29.99
Fire Emblem TSS
Warioware Twisted!
SW Ep3
$26.88
Megaman BN 5 Team Protoman
Megaman BN 5 Team Colonel
Herbie Fully Loaded
iconds.gif

$29.99
Bomberman
iconpcwin.gif

$49.99
Battlefield 2 w/
iconfree.gif
$5 Gift Card
Sears
iconps2_r2.gif

$49.99
Destroy All Humans!
icongbasp_r1.gif

$29.99
Yoshi Topsy Turvy
Monsters Inc / Finding Nemo 2 - Pack
Sponge Bob / Fairly Odd Parents 2 - Pack
iconds.gif

$29.99
Kirby Canvas Cursed
iconpsp_r2.gif

$249.99
System w/ headphones, battery & Spider-Man 2 movie.
$49.99
Metal Gear Acid
$39.99
Hot Shots Golf
$29.99
World Tour Soccer

I was hoping someplace would have some specials for the Xbox (like a free PH or 3rd party control) since I need to buy a couple. I'll probably get them at Gamecrazy for the free rental coupons. Thanks SD for the ads.

[quote name='Glockster']What are the odds of Destroy All Humans or Conker being on sale at Fry's Electronics?[/QUOTE]
50/50 for each.

TSD, do the ads say what day that Circuit City will have Conker on sale (along with the plush toy)? is it Tuesday, Wed, or Thurs? i'm guessing it's Thurs. since most games that come out on Tuesday, CC and BB get on Thurs

anyone who was thinking of getting kirby at sears and has a sears card might wanna try this coupon, knocks it down to $25.

http://f.chtah.com/i/27/217789800/fusioncoupon_050105.gif

the coupon looked a little fishy to me at first, but it should be legit. It's hosted at some sort of ad agency website(or something like that) and the last coupon I used from them was legit. also of note, although the coupon says you need a sears card, that might be up to the cashier's discretion. last time I used a nearly identical coupon they didn't ask me for one(although I had one anyways), but YMMV.

depending on reviews i might have to go to cc for the conker with the plush. Ill pay 50 if it gets good reviews like 90 or above.

depending on reviews i might have to go to cc for the conker with the plush. Ill pay 50 if it gets good reviews like 90 or above.

So far, IGN has reviewed it. 8.1...not bad, but I expected more. They said the N64 version is basically better, but the xbox graphics are amazing. They actually removed some stuff from the N64 version(made it easier, etc.). Also, in a stupid decision, you have to beat the game once before you can unlock the uncensored single player. The multi player they really disliked. I'll still get it, but maybe not first week since I've already played it(well maybe first week for the plush).

I stopped checking these because of the crappy deals and you know what happens? I missed out on the GTASA (XB) for $30 at CUSA. But now that start checking again, I don't see squat!

Thanks OP and other contributors.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Sears have Kirby Canvas Cursed (DS) MSRP $29.99 but you can get them Pricematch w/ BB $5 off coupon for $24.99 - extra 10% off (around $23.XX after taxes).

I wonder most nitendo games didn't get any discount price compare. :([/QUOTE]

You seem to have mistaken how Best Buy's price matching works. It's Circuit City that has the 110% price match guarantee, where they give you an item at the lower advertised price plus the additional discount of 10% of the difference. If you can find a BB employee that'll give you the GGC + PM, you can get it for $24.99...but I've never been that lucky myself. They call that "double dipping", which I find odd, since I've always considered price matching a policy to keep business within the store, whereas the GGC is obviously a coupon.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i threw the ads away...so im not sure on when Conker comes out

but im pretty sure that the Mortal Kombat Deception is not the CE or whatever[/QUOTE]

just checked CC's web site for the ad, and yes, conker comes out on Thursday (just like every damn new game release for CC & BB)

Thanks Sweethtooth, I checked the CC website, but couldn't read the small print...

Think CC will give me Conker, and then Pricematch it with Fry's later?

We'll see...

[quote name='alongx']You seem to have mistaken how Best Buy's price matching works. It's Circuit City that has the 110% price match guarantee, where they give you an item at the lower advertised price plus the additional discount of 10% of the difference. If you can find a BB employee that'll give you the GGC + PM, you can get it for $24.99...but I've never been that lucky myself. They call that "double dipping", which I find odd, since I've always considered price matching a policy to keep business within the store, whereas the GGC is obviously a coupon.[/QUOTE]

Fine print on the GGC:

Not good in combination with any other coupons or offers.

BB considers a PM to be another offer, so they won't do it with a GGC, normally. As you said, sometimes it can happen, though I've never tried. On their own sale prices, heck yes, though any time they make a change to a price manually, any coupons won't work from that point forward, so they have to make a second price change for the coupon's price reduction. Their "$XX.XX for RZ members" lower prices comes to mind as a in-store price that they have to adjust manually.

BB will do the 10% additional money back on the PM, though it has to be one of their competitors (they'll only match their own prices for items on sale cheaper than when the original purchase was made), and it has to be after the fact. So I just buy it for full price, then go to the Customer Service counter without even leaving the store (some CAGs have needed to come back another time, though there's nothing in their policy that seems to state as such), show them the ad, and then get PM + 10%.

As my main BB of choice no longer seems to have the $19.99 GGC's, I think I may need to check out the rest of them in my area and do some stocking up on them.

[quote name='rallen']Thanks Sweethtooth, I check the CC website, but couldn't read that small...

Think CC will give me Conker, and then Pricematch it with Fry's later?

We'll see...[/QUOTE]

Theoretically, yes, they should, though since you're getting the plush with the game purchase, they may not do it, since that's another offer with the purchase of Conker.

Depends on how the plush is rung out on the receipt, if it's even there at all.

[quote name='shrike4242']
Depends on how the plush is rung out on the receipt, if it's even there at all.[/QUOTE]

I'd be surprised if it had it's own barcode and SKU, since it's not sold in the store and is a one time limited offer thing.

I know other stuff, like the Midway Arcade Treasures 2, actually came out as a penny, but that's because it's something normally sold for 19.99

I have a feeling it's going to have Conker on the receipt, and they'll give you a plush. I wonder how many the employees are going to take?

[quote name='Roufuss']I'd be surprised if it had it's own barcode and SKU, since it's not sold in the store and is a one time limited offer thing.

I know other stuff, like the Midway Arcade Treasures 2, actually came out as a penny, but that's because it's something normally sold for 19.99

I have a feeling it's going to have Conker on the receipt, and they'll give you a plush. I wonder how many the employees are going to take?[/QUOTE]

When I saw it last week in the store, there wasn't a tag on it, though that doesn't mean there isn't a scannable SKU they have at the register for it.

[quote name='shrike4242']When I saw it last week in the store, there wasn't a tag on it, though that doesn't mean there isn't a scannable SKU they have at the register for it.[/QUOTE]

There could be, but I doubt it. I've got a strong feeling it's just buy the game, get the plush, and it's up to you to remind the cashier since they probably won't have any idea about the promotion.

I'd be real surprised if they made a SKU for this one time only, 3 day deal (since Conker comes out Thursday at CC). They will probably get rid of them all by Saturday, more than likely.

The best bet, if you're interested, is to go at store opening, since I've got a strong feeling that employees who are "interested" are just going to take them without even buying the game, espically if they don't need to be scanned out.

[quote name='Roufuss']There could be, but I doubt it. I've got a strong feeling it's just buy the game, get the plush, and it's up to you to remind the cashier since they probably won't have any idea about the promotion.

I'd be real surprised if they made a SKU for this one time only, 3 day deal (since Conker comes out Thursday at CC). They will probably get rid of them all by Saturday, more than likely.

The best bet, if you're interested, is to go at store opening, since I've got a strong feeling that employees who are "interested" are just going to take them without even buying the game, espically if they don't need to be scanned out.[/QUOTE]

That's why I ordered it from a site that had it listed for sale, and hopefully, it'll pan out. I'm trying to kill off my FYE credit ASAP, so I'd rather get Conker that way and pay a small amount of $$$ for the plush.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']I can say without a doubt that depending on the person ringing you can use both a PM and a GGC. As I got my GTA:SA for $22.99[/QUOTE]

PM + GGC is YMMV, since the PM causes the coupon not to work in the system, and if they read the text of it, they're likely to turn you down on the GGC with the PM. They have to make a second adjustment of the price down by the $5 for the GGC.

If it works, then job well done. Otherwise, it's not worth making a stink over, since they have you to rights on not allowing it.

Talked a friend into getting Conker at Circuit City and cancelling his preorder at a different store, so we went this morning and I gave him a few bucks for the Conker plush.

If you want it, better hurry, the conker plush dosen't show up on the receipt, they just throw it in your bag (like I thought they would). The cashier even made mention how it was pretty cool, and that he might grab one for himself at the end of the night.

The plush itself is VERY awesome... it has a wire frame, so he actually has some possibility, and he stands up very well. Very nice detail on him, to boot, and it really captures the essence of Conker fairly well.

I asked out of curiosity how much the store got in, and they said only six. It seems like a small number, but when you think of it, everyone that really wanted Conker got it on Tuesday / Wednesday, and this promotion only lasts until Saturday.

You might get lucky Satuday night and score a leftover one, since I can't imagine what they'd do with them next week (probably let the employees have them for free?)

bread's done
Back