VG Expo in Philly this weekend -- Anyone going?

dwhelan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I have not found any other recent (since 2006) threads discussing the America's VG Expo, but was wondering if I had seen or will be seeing any CAGs this weekend there?

Living on the East Coast, we do not have many chances for a local convention. So, I figured it is important to support what we have, plus I have met with a few companies that are scouting for undiscovered talent, so this is always an opportunity to break in.

If your interested, here is the link.
http://www.vgxpo.com/

If anyone is interested or will be there, give me a heads up. I will be there mid day on for both days and it would be cool to hang out with some CAGs (and not play Rock Band with complete strangers)

I was there last year and was planning on going there this year but didn't know the dates. Sure enough, they are this weekend (when I am out of town) :cry:

Please post your thoughts on this year's show, and whether you had any great finds at any of the vendors. In other words, make me madder that I wasn't able to go this year!

I got spammed with flyers for this at the three Video Games Live shows I went too and was considering it, but after hearing how much the promoter acted like a dick at PAX I decided to pass.

[quote name='WebScud']I got spammed with flyers for this at the three Video Games Live shows I went too and was considering it, but after hearing how much the promoter acted like a dick at PAX I decided to pass.[/quote]

A friend of mine went for some website she works for. She proceeded to tell me about the promoter's experience at PAX and I replied, "And why is this widely known?"

aww shit.. and my gf was OFF this weekend we could have gone :(

damn it.. it's too late to go now as it's a 3 hr drive.

I totally would have gone to this yesterday if I had known about it. I was sitting on my ass watching HD-DVDs from Walmart. (Today is no good, it's my 1 year wedding anniversary)

Is this the same show they used to call the Philly Classic? I went to that once years ago (2002 maybe?). It was pretty cool.

And what happened at PAX?

MjC

[quote name='MCalvert1']And what happened at PAX?[/quote]

From what I heard the promoter of this show got drunk and hit on some girl. Then the next day they took his pass away. But I'm sure someone knows the longhand of it.

[quote name='MCalvert1']I totally would have gone to this yesterday if I had known about it. I was sitting on my ass watching HD-DVDs from Walmart. (Today is no good, it's my 1 year wedding anniversary)

Is this the same show they used to call the Philly Classic? I went to that once years ago (2002 maybe?). It was pretty cool.

And what happened at PAX?

MjC[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is the former Philly Classic show. I went to a few of those as well.

[quote name='Josef']Yes, this is the former Philly Classic show. I went to a few of those as well.[/QUOTE]

So is this a once a year thing still? When I went, it was in April. I guess it's a fall show now?

MjC

[quote name='Josef']Yes, this is the former Philly Classic show. I went to a few of those as well.[/QUOTE]
Philly Classic was sooooo much better.

Wanted to let CAG members know about my convention coming up on May 4th 2008. TooManyGames is celebrating its 5th anniversary and as always will be featuring the largest gaming marketplace of any gaming convention. Generally we have around 2 dozen vendors with 50 tables filled up with games for sale and trade.

It's a terrific show and we're working on some great stuff for the May including the first Guitar Hero National Championships. We've teamed up with Twin Galaxies to take world record scores for GH1, 2, and 3. Prizes will be given to exemplary players. OC Remix will also again be at the show DJ'ing tons of great video game soundtrack mixes. Bunch of other goodies we're working on behind the scenes. We have a couple press releases going out this week about the show.

TooManyGames is located in Reading, PA which is an hour or so north west of Philly. Check out our website at www.toomanygames.com and please tell your friends about our show, it's always a great time!

[quote name='docvinh']Philly Classic was sooooo much better.[/quote]

Was Philly Classic the one with the free-play classic arcades? Or perhaps the convention mentioned above? I remember going to some sort of "Classic" gaming convention, I picked up an Aladdin.

[quote name='TooManyGames']Wanted to let CAG members know about my convention coming up on May 4th 2008. TooManyGames is celebrating its 5th anniversary and as always will be featuring the largest gaming marketplace of any gaming convention. Generally we have around 2 dozen vendors with 50 tables filled up with games for sale and trade.

It's a terrific show and we're working on some great stuff for the May including the first Guitar Hero National Championships. We've teamed up with Twin Galaxies to take world record scores for GH1, 2, and 3. Prizes will be given to exemplary players. OC Remix will also again be at the show DJ'ing tons of great video game soundtrack mixes. Bunch of other goodies we're working on behind the scenes. We have a couple press releases going out this week about the show.

TooManyGames is located in Reading, PA which is an hour or so north west of Philly. Check out our website at www.toomanygames.com and please tell your friends about our show, it's always a great time![/QUOTE]

Hey, I'd probably be up for that, it's not much more than an hour from me. And $5 admission isn't bad.

MjC

bread's done
Back