Video of ads on the dashboard. They move and make noise.

I'll just skip over it and keep going but it's kinda a slap in the face. Even more agressive ads shoved in our face while we use something we pay to access. That crap should be just for silver members.

[quote name='$hady']I'll just skip over it and keep going but it's kinda a slap in the face. Even more agressive ads shoved in our face while we use something we pay to access. That crap should be just for silver members.[/QUOTE]

Yep, or Gold should be free. This really makes me want to move to my PS3 exclusively. Man I wish Sony would get Netflix streaming.

They've been there for a while now. I remember seeing weird ads on the dashboard that kind of looked like a trailer or commercial and once I moved to it, I could hear whatever it's trying to advertise.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They've been there for a while now. I remember seeing weird ads on the dashboard that kind of looked like a trailer or commercial and once I moved to it, I could hear whatever it's trying to advertise.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I remember seeing ads like this months ago. They would play a video when you focused on the pane, or would play silently even when you weren't focused. What is new about these?

They've been about games and movies before, things pertaining to the 360 but now it's general ads like the Blackberry shown in the video.

Where exactly is there news here? I remember seeing my first video/ad the first week NXE was released. It was an ad for the movie "The day the earth stood still". I've been seeing video ads occasionally every since.

How is this news?

I think this has been going on a while, except most people don't notice them because most people don't go through the spotlight channel and pause on each item.

It's no more intrusive than any other "card" on the dashboard.

Where's the fire folks?

I don't get how 360 users are not standing against this crap. This is absurd. You pay $50 a year for this and they are constantly filling it up with ads? I don't get how video ads are going to make the NXE load any faster. As is, the NXE is a banner filled mess and it results in the user digging through MCDonalds and Mt Dew ads trying to find actual game news...

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I don't get how 360 users are not standing against this crap. This is absurd. You pay $50 a year for this and they are constantly filling it up with ads? I don't get how video ads are going to make the NXE load any faster.[/quote]
Because gamers (not just 360 users) have short memories and no spine and will never have any "united stance" against anything that will ever make any real difference in the service they receive. The closest it ever came for the 360 specifically was when Live was down half the time during Xmas break a few years back and they gave us a shitty game for free to "make up for it," rather than crediting everyone 2-3 weeks of service like they should have done.

As is, the NXE is a banner filled mess and it results in the user digging through MCDonalds and Mt Dew ads trying to find actual game news...
That is ridiculously exaggerated though. It's hardly "digging." Just scroll past it. Hell, I just loaded my profile to check it out and I didn't see anything different from how it has been the last several months.

[quote name='bardockkun']Can we stop calling it NXE?[/QUOTE]
Yea... I was thinking that as I was typing it. Doesn't make sense anymore. But, that name is going to stick.

For everyone complaining about ads, please stop. Thanks.
Its the nature of the beast. You pay for magazines, cable, movies/DVD's and all of those have ads. The overall experience of Live has not changed. I can't help getting the mountain/molehill feeling about this.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']They've been about games and movies before, things pertaining to the 360 but now it's general ads like the Blackberry shown in the video.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I have a "special" Xbox, but I was seeing ads for like deodorant, and I think I remember ads for Nike, since a little after installing the NXE. I don't remember specifics, because I didn't really think it was a big deal, except they were kind of annoying in that they had sound. If I was playing a game with very low volume, my TV volume would be turned way up. Scrolling past the video would blare the sound for a second.

This is being blown out of proportion.

On occassion, there's a single, unobtrusive ad that moves and makes noise only when highlighted/selected on the Xbox Dashboard? Well, fuck that, M$ will never see a dime of mine again.

[quote name='Pylis']This is being blown out of proportion.

On occassion, there's a single, unobtrusive ad that moves and makes noise only when highlighted/selected on the Xbox Dashboard? Well, fuck that, M$ will never see a dime of mine again.[/QUOTE]

:D 100% agree. No one gets this anal about other services that you pay for and have ads.

[quote name='ninju D']For everyone complaining about ads, please stop. Thanks.
Its the nature of the beast. You pay for magazines, cable, movies/DVD's and all of those have ads. The overall experience of Live has not changed. I can't help getting the mountain/molehill feeling about this.[/QUOTE]

I know, geez, its not like some web sites ads that say "we will take you to the size in 5 seconds..." or the ads youtube now has. Those actually take time to get past.

But this? Who the F cares? There are ads in the games while you play them like burn out paradise, why does an ad shown to you before you play a game piss you off so hard? I swear people looking for reasons to hate MS are getting desperate.

[quote name='ninju D']For everyone complaining about ads, please stop. Thanks.
Its the nature of the beast. You pay for magazines, cable, movies/DVD's and all of those have ads. The overall experience of Live has not changed. I can't help getting the mountain/molehill feeling about this.[/QUOTE]
Yes that is very true. But, I still hate all of those ads as well. Have you read a comic lately? It is like an ad orgy in those things. Horrid...

Everyone complaining about people complaining about ads, please stop. Thanks.

They did it with DVDs and got away with it, make enough of a stink about this now or you will be stuck with even more ads.

I don't find ads to be intrusive to my experience, but the more ads they continue to implement, the more I feel like some of the other posters here, like our money is going into someone's pocket rather than to providing me a service, since advertisers definitely have the cost down pat. I'm sure they pay a pretty penny to get their ads on there, especially because their ads aren't just flat ads, they are interactive, offer themes/avatars or sponsor things we would normally view, such as The Guild's sponsor of Sprint. With all these ads, what ARE we paying for? I don't mind it, I just mind paying $50 for something that I shouldn't have to.

bread's done
Back