Video Review: Kissy Poo - Xbox 360 Indie Game

[quote name='Jodou']Man, I feel bad for kids these days with games like that. Obviously you had fun playing with your kid, Cheapy, so I'm not knocking that but I'd gag if I had memories of playing a game like that.[/QUOTE]

You realize Tai is TWO years old, right? Anything that gets them interested in gaming at that young age is going to look silly to gamers like you and me. Some of us just understand children better I guess.

I for one would love to see my nephews play it. My sister doesn't have a 360, but I may buy it just on the off chance that they come over.

I am going to check this out with my 5 year old tonight. I think he'll enjoy it almost as much as Tai.

Cheapy and Tai, I really enjoyed your review of Kissy Poo... but could you please be a little more careful about spoilers?! The video gives away key story elements of the game such as the
dancing time

While Tai's review was great and dead-on, could we get Wombat to give us a review? Seeing Wombat in dance time would make a definite buy.

I'd rather pay a dollar to watch this review then pay a dollar for Kissy Poo. Hilarious stuff, gotta love dance time!

Nice one Cheapy, keep em coming. We always like to hear your stories and Ty is a cute little bugger. Reminds me of my rugrat.

[quote name='teknikalei']You realize Tai is TWO years old, right? Anything that gets them interested in gaming at that young age is going to look silly to gamers like you and me. Some of us just understand children better I guess.[/QUOTE]
Uh, I started gaming off pong, Double Dragon on an Apple II, and SMB. None of which was geared towards children, yet somehow I was interested!

thanks Cheapy! I grabbed this last night for my 4 year old and found myself not handing over the controller for the first 2 rounds :lol:

What a perfect game for the youngsters b/c you only use the stick..anything more complicated than that, I feel I have to wait a little while for my kid to grasp..that's why I think about hooking up the NES any day now so he can start proper..

[quote name='token2k6']thanks Cheapy! I grabbed this last night for my 4 year old and found myself not handing over the controller for the first 2 rounds :lol:

What a perfect game for the youngsters b/c you only use the stick..anything more complicated than that, I feel I have to wait a little while for my kid to grasp..that's why I think about hooking up the NES any day now so he can start proper..[/QUOTE]

Well the buttons do make laughing sounds...but yeah they aren't required. My youngin gives it thumbs up. Dance time!

My niece discovered a hidden feature. If Kissy Poo floats over the background objects and you press the green "A" button, you can trigger little extras. Like stars falling, the lighthouse lighting up, the clouds raining, etc.

@Tai "Apparently that's how games get good reviews these days, the reviewer gets a free copy and so he likes it better than if he actually had to pay for it."

[quote name='banodyne']My niece discovered a hidden feature. If Kissy Poo floats over the background objects and you press the green "A" button, you can trigger little extras. Like stars falling, the lighthouse lighting up, the clouds raining, etc.[/QUOTE]

Is it the same niece that posted this comment?

cute kid :) and my kids love Kissy poo!!! It's a lot of fun to them, when they are that young :p There are some other very educational games on there too, flashcards is a great game, that has mini games in it that sort of teach them how to maneuver as well. they get to pick up letters (as the abc's) in a submarine, and spaceship..

Before we know it, Tai's going to be reviewing the new Apple tech that he bought with his own Visa, and that thought just scares the shit out of me. Weren't you living in NYC just last month, Cheapy??

bread's done
Back