Vin Diesel is...Hitman?

EnderBui

CAGiversary!
Vin Diesel will star as Agent 47 in 20th Century Fox's upcoming adaptation of Hitman, the best-selling video game franchise from Eidos and developer IO Interactive.

Diesel also will serve as executive producer. Charles Gordon and Adrian Askarieh are producing through their respective companies, Daybreak Productions and Prime Universe Productions. Daniel Alter will co-produce.

"'Hitman' is a project that by the virtue of its DNA can and will reach far beyond its already substantial core audience," Askarieh said. "The canvas on which this adventure takes place is something that movie audiences have embraced for the last 40 years. We obviously are delighted to have Vin Diesel on board, too -- he and Agent 47 are a match made in heaven."

http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=10032

Match made in heaven? If Vin Diesel can not smile and say any corny jokes, sure maybe. Maybe it's because they are both bald.

All you now need is Uwe Boll at the helm and you will have another awful failure towards the hope of ever having a good video game movie.

[quote name='Santurio']Yes Yes that would have been awesome!!![/QUOTE]

Did you catch his small role in Collateral...? All he does is drop off the briefcase Tom Cruise uses for his job(s) and is listed at imdb as Airport Man. I totally thought "So that's what 47 does between hits."

[quote name='Spruce']Dammit...I was hoping that Jason Statham would get the role.[/QUOTE]

I thought so, too! Statham was really good in the Transporter, and many of the scenes could of fit into the Hitman world.

I think Diesel is a bad choice for that role. Agent 47 looks older, and leaner.

[quote name='Spruce']Dammit...I was hoping that Jason Statham would get the role.[/QUOTE]

Right on the money. I read the op's post and went upstairs. When I got upstairs I thought, "That guy from the Transporter would've been a better choice".

That would have been good casting, but it still would have taken more to make me interested in the movie.

I've been playing Hitman games since the first. I've bought each for full price and was never let down.

This is a huge disappointment. I hope he doesn't have many speaking roles.

[quote name='red flare graf']Vin Diesel plays Dungeons and Dragons. How lame is that?[/QUOTE]

He did help found Tigon Studios, which hard a part in Escape from Butcher Bay. That's better than nothing, I suppose.

Well how many choices did they have? You've got Vin Disel, Patrick Steward and Possibly Samuel Jackson if you feel like modifying the story a bit.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Well how many choices did they have? You've got Vin Disel, Patrick Steward and Possibly Samuel Jackson if you feel like modifying the story a bit.[/QUOTE]

I can picture Sam Jackson as Hitman: "I'mo kill yuu MUfuckA!"

[quote name='kaji7p56']I can picture Sam Jackson as Hitman: "I'mo kill yuu MUfuckA!"[/QUOTE]

And if they have a Star Wars type budget they can digitally modify ever screen so Jackson is white.;)

I like Vin Diesel.

I can't wait to see what he brings to the role of Chewbacca in the Star Wars remakes. "I pay my life debt a quarter parsec at a time." ;)

[quote name='zionoverfire']And if they have a Star Wars type budget they can digitally modify ever screen so Jackson is white.;)[/QUOTE]

Or they could just drug him so he can do a boring, cardboard acting job like he did in Star Wars. I can picture Lucas telling Jackson to tone done his "ghetto-ness".

Guys don't forget that Vin is also the only human to beat a brick wall in the game of tennis.
Anyone even have faith in the movie?

Before James Earl Jones screwed up with the voice-dubbing, Darth Vader’s famous line in ‘The Empire Strikes Back’ was actually: “Luke, I am Vin Diesel.”

Vin Diesel invented the semicolon when he found that the comma and the colon did not fulfill his needs

Vin Diesel can listen to an audio CD by twirling it on his finger and licking the surface.

Vin Diesel invented Earl Grey tea by boiling a guy named Earl Grey alive and drinking the broth.

Vin Diesel can count to infinity, and beyond .

Vin Diesel is the only human who can digest corn properly.

Vin Diesel doesn't actually have bones or internal organs. Underneath his skin is another slightly smaller Vin Diesel and underneath that is yet another even smaller Vin Diesel. After the third layer his body is filled with rich, creamy nougat.

You can determine Vin Diesel's age by chopping off his leg and counting the rings.

etc...

[quote name='Tromack']Vin Diesel will never pull it off. The man is like a giant bald teddy bear.[/QUOTE]

you say it like its a bad thing!

Totally crap.

1) I can NOT take Vin Diesel seriously after that movie where he caters to little kids.
2) Vin Diesel isn't even "Hitman material". Agent 47 is pale, tall, and intimidating.

Well, there goes any chance of this movie being any good. It could have been really good, had they handled it right. Shame.

I mean, just look at this. It just doesnt work (both quickie photochops by me):

vindieselishitman15tr.jpg
-
vindieselishitman27st.jpg

Ugh...

If diesel really plays the part well. It will be awesome if they make it like the game little dialogue lots of action, and no corny jokes.

Just to further prove quite a few others' thoughts that the wrong man was chosen for the job...a pictorial:
transporter_verdvd.jpg

Hitman sans gloves, but I'll be damned...look at that. And two shiny pistols to boot.
Transp_013.jpg

Damn Vin...this was my job.
Transp_058.jpg

After a job.
Transp_studio.jpg

Kinky girl...I like....

I was looking to get a screen cap of a particular scene in the movie. If you guys have it, you can take a look. It's when he gets the job for the pickup and he's sitting in his car and he pulls on the gloves and just looks the part.

I think everyone had their hearts set on Jason Statham... but don't count Diesel out. Contrary to cool and popular belief, he does have talent and acting ability. Sadly, he's pigeon-toed in dogshit movies.

He doesn't really look like Agent 47, so he'll have to do some flexing here and there and/or make the role his own. I won't lose faith until I see the final product.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0226168/ - Multi-Facial; his first acting role was also his first directing and writing work. It's actually very well done and he did it for the price of a used car, which is an impressive feat in way of film. His performance was incredible.

I actually enjoyed Pitch Black and The Chronicles of Riddick and wish he was in more "smarter" action flicks like those and more dramatic roles, which he is capable of.

And I hope to God the Hitman screenplay won't be a mindless action movie from start to finish, as that WAS NOT what the game was like. It was moody and dark and had sluggish, morbid action.

I think the real focus should be the screenplay and the director (fuck off, Uwe Boll) and not the leading man -- for now, anyway.

Liek the majority of the people here, I thought JS would have been the perfect choice as well. Those picture from The Transporter drive homw the point. I also thought he had the height since Agent 47 is supposed to be wll over 6 feet. Anyway, that aside, I still think there is some hope.

If they make the movie dark (think Collateral) cut out any corny jokes and please, for the sake of all that is holy, don't give him him some sort of Rob Schneider-like sidekick, he may be able to pull it off. Let's have the Vin Diesel from Knockaround Guys and whatever that other one where his wife was killed, not The Pacifier.

"A Man Apart" is the movie you're thinking of. A damn fine movie.

It was the first movie my girlfriend and I saw as a date.

And for you movie trivia buffs, it was originally called "Diablo" before they had some copyright issues or other such junk...

If they ever make a God of War movie, Vin Diesel would be perfect as Kratos....He has the voice and the look for that role.

Jason Statham has been typecast to hell as a "driver/robber/thief" and I don't think the movie would've generated *any* buzz if Statham were the star.

[quote name='wubb']That's pretty damn good for a quick photoshop IMO.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. :)

If they ever make a God of War movie, Vin Diesel would be perfect as Kratos....He has the voice and the look for that role.
Now that I can imagine. Their voices do kinda remind me of each other.

Vin Diesel is a huge gamer... I have a feeling he'll give Hitman the respect that it deserves.

Unlike Uwe Boll, who knows nothing about video games it seems, I'm pretty sure Vin Diesel has probably played the Hitman games before, and knows what fans will expect out of the movie.

bread's done
Back