Virtua Fighter 5 for 360 CONFIRMED !!!

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=71275

SEGA has revealed that Virtua Fighter 5 will be released on Xbox 360 after all, in late summer 2007.

That gives it a bit of time on its own on PlayStation 3, for which it will be released on 20th February in North America and at PS3's March launch in Europe, but will certainly come as a relief to ardent fans of the game who didn't fancy the latter's price tag.

Since I didn't care for this game at all it doesnt really matter. Now the question is will it run as well on the 360 as the ps3 since this was a game that was developed for the ps3 before.

This news has made my morning :)

VF5 was one of the reasons I wanted to pick up a PS3 next year. (along w/ MGS4 and Tekken 6)

As others have said, hopefully other developers will take notice.

Fighting game fans rejoice!!

Concerning XBL, 99.9% chance there will be no XBL. It was already announced for the PS3 version a while ago that it will not have online function and it's no different for the 360.

Sega takes VF seriously because it is the most refined and complicated (in a good way) fighting game out there. The fans are also very serious about the game. Sega won't take a chance for their golden baby being called laggy and unworthy. Can you imagine trying to pull of Akira's moves from side step over normal internet lag only to find that you were jabbed out of animation by button mashing?! Sure, you and I have experienced lag over shooting games and it's no big deal. But if you've played Tekken/VF for a pretty long time (and not that nothing-but-action fighter DOA) you know there's this thing called just-frame inputs in which you have like 1/8 of a second to input commands. 1/8 of a second!!!!!! Well, not that strict but you get the idea LOL

All I can say is HOLY fuckING SHIT!!!!! This news absolutely made my morning. This is incredible news. The first real fighter to come onto the Xbox. I hope that Logitech or somebody picks up the snag and develops a worthwhile stick or proper controller for fighters. Live or no Live this game will play incredible. I remmeber seeing the first vids for this game when someone sneeked in a camera into a video showing of it. Made my mouth water. The graphics on this thing look impeccable and I can't wait for it on 360. We'll have some games for the droll summer months.

Is it possible that the ps3 version could get delayed? A lot of launch window games got pushed back a couple of months for the ps3

[quote name='nintendokid']But if you've played Tekken/VF for a pretty long time (and not that nothing-but-action fighter DOA) you know there's this thing called just-frame inputs in which you have like 1/8 of a second to input commands. 1/8 of a second!!!!!! Well, not that strict but you get the idea LOL[/quote]

Man, what? I didnt intend to come in here, but its more strict than that. There are moves with input windows of exactly one frame. Thats 1/60 of one second.

[quote name='ryanbph']Is it possible that the ps3 version could get delayed? A lot of launch window games got pushed back a couple of months for the ps3[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt it. Sega just announced the release date for it this week, so I think it is pretty much finished. Add to that Sega wants to get this game out for the PS3 launch in Europe.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Man, what? I didnt intend to come in here, but its more strict than that. There are moves with input windows of exactly one frame. Thats 1/60 of one second.[/quote]

Yeah. I know. I was citing an example like in Marshall Law's Tekken 4 dragon sign combos. It's soooooooooo much more lenient than every other frickin character I wanted to learn. fuckin Akira! You are so cool but so hard to use.

[quote name='Midnite']Lag really kills a lot of fighters, from what I've played on Xbox & 360, SF 3rd Strike and DOA work pretty well for me.[/quote]
DOA works horribly for me. I have nothing but lag when I play DOA. That's what took out most of the fun for me.

[quote name='Zoglog']http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=71275

Since I didn't care for this game at all it doesnt really matter. Now the question is will it run as well on the 360 as the ps3 since this was a game that was developed for the ps3 before.[/quote]

I think it was always being designed for the 360 AND PS3. On the SEGA website, it said before the 360 came out that it was going to be on the 360... and countless game magazines from Europe at multiple times had video demos of Virtua Fighter 5 and pics and previews in the magazine. At one time one of the launch team people of the 360 mentioned that MS wouldnt make the same mistake twice of trading Virtua Fighter for PD Orta. (Take it for what you want, this is just me remembering something I've followed closely for a while, I dont have links for this, believe it, or dont, it doesnt matter)

Basically, my only surprise is people recently saying that VF5 was a PS3 exclusive, because I've never known it to be.

Here's to what we all knew was going to happen being confirmed. Hip Hip--- Hooray!

[quote name='CaseyRyback'] Add to that Sega wants to get this game out for the PS3 launch in Europe.[/quote]

that is assuming that the ps3 launches in europe in march. Most mainstream podcasts (1up,ign,egm) don't believe that is happening.

[quote name='jollydwarf']Merry Christmas, Kaz, Ken, and Phil!

It's just one punch to the nuts after the other, ain't it?

I just hope that this means that the Soul Calibur series goes back to 'multiplatform' status. For once, I'm optimistic.

Coming soon...the FF XIII announcement![/quote]

Let's all hope for a Soul Calibur. It would be far too painful to not be able to play my number (tied with Tekken) favorite fighter because I couldn't afford a $600 system nor would pay if I had the money. Please, Namco wisen up and put Tekken and Soul Calibur on 360.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I think it was always being designed for the 360 AND PS3. On the SEGA website, it said before the 360 came out that it was going to be on the 360... and countless game magazines from Europe at multiple times had video demos of Virtua Fighter 5 and pics and previews in the magazine. At one time one of the launch team people of the 360 mentioned that MS wouldnt make the same mistake twice of trading Virtua Fighter for PD Orta. (Take it for what you want, this is just me remembering something I've followed closely for a while, I dont have links for this, believe it, or dont, it doesnt matter)

Basically, my only surprise is people recently saying that VF5 was a PS3 exclusive, because I've never known it to be.

Here's to what we all knew was going to happen being confirmed. Hip Hip--- Hooray![/quote]

I was always under the impression that VF5 was being developed solely for the PS3 console. Guess i was wrong, but I could have sworn....

[quote name='Zoglog']http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=71275

Since I didn't care for this game at all it doesnt really matter. Now the question is will it run as well on the 360 as the ps3 since this was a game that was developed for the ps3 before.[/QUOTE]
Same here, I'll care about it when its $20, but I never buy a fighting game for full price since I get bored with them fairly quickly.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I was always under the impression that VF5 was being developed solely for the PS3 console. Guess i was wrong, but I could have sworn....[/QUOTE]

Unless I'm seriously mistaken, VF5 was developed on the Lindbergh arcade hardware which is based on the PS3's architecture. Not the 360's. That's why I'm convinced that the PS3 version will end up better.

wow... biggest surprise of the month so far...

I'm still picking up a PS3, but this had a large part in me choosing on a PS3... my only complaint with this now is the crappy d-pad thus making the just-frame moves even more a bitch.

[quote name='Flyersfan']WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved VF4, and now I don't have to spend $600 to play VF5!

This will open up the door to other games as well IMO. I expect a DMC4 announcement soon following the same thing. Game releases on PS3 in spring, 360 late summer.[/QUOTE]

That would not surprise me at all. It's pretty obvious Capcom seems to like the 360 platform, giving us Dead Rising and Lost Planet. Also, I think people have forgotten that RE5 is heading to the 360 as well.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']That would not surprise me at all. It's pretty obvious Capcom seems to like the 360 platform, giving us Dead Rising and Lost Planet. Also, I think people have forgotten that RE5 is heading to the 360 as well.[/QUOTE]

It was not totally their choice. The same team that made Dead Rising is making Lost Planet. Not to mention both games run off the same game engine.

[quote name='Chacrana']Unless I'm seriously mistaken, VF5 was developed on the Lindbergh arcade hardware which is based on the PS3's architecture. Not the 360's. That's why I'm convinced that the PS3 version will end up better.[/QUOTE]

I thought the Lindbergh was just a pentium 4 unit?

[quote name='blackjaw']I thought the Lindbergh was just a pentium 4 unit?[/QUOTE]

It also has an Nvidia GPU. That's why AM2 kept saying that porting Virtua Fighter 5 to the PS3 wouldn't be that complicated since they both have similar GPU's.

Hmm, anyone know how much EB is selling the DOA4 arcade stick for these days? I stumbled across one, but I didn't buy it because I don't have a 360. That changes with VF5 being on the system now though.

meh, im not really a big fan of fighters besides soul caliber

but, i like this because maybe it will make more ps3 exclusives come to the 360

[quote name='furyk']Hmm, anyone know how much EB is selling the DOA4 arcade stick for these days? I stumbled across one, but I didn't buy it because I don't have a 360. That changes with VF5 being on the system now though.[/QUOTE]

should be $30. Those are pretty hard to come by and sell for around $100 on ebay. I sure hope they come out with another stick before then.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']It was not totally their choice. The same team that made Dead Rising is making Lost Planet. Not to mention both games run off the same game engine.[/QUOTE]

It was not whose choice? Both were developed and published by Capcom....

Fantastic! I was pretty bummed to see it going to the PS3, 600 is just too much for me. So im pretty pumped to see this, not enough fighters in the market nowadays.

[quote name='Chacrana']I'm pretty surprised about this. Wow. Still picking up the PS3 version, but it's great news for people who didn't want to drop $600 to play this game.[/QUOTE]

Might want to wait until both are out to see if the 360 version is better as has been the case with every multiplatform game released thus far for both systems.

[quote name='Ruined']Might want to wait until both are out to see if the 360 version is better as has been the case with every multiplatform game released thus far for both systems.[/QUOTE]
Somehow I doubt the 360 version of this game is going to be better since it will be a lot easier for Sega to put it on the PS3 than the 360 due to the hardware being similar to the arcade version as someone said a page ago.

As for 360 games being better thus far, yes that is true, but that was just the first batch of PS3 games, and it's nothing amazingly different. I expect different things when the developers start knowing the PS3 hardware better after I read this: http://ps3.qj.net/index.php?pg=49&aid=75650

[quote name='Chacrana']I'm pretty surprised about this. Wow. Still picking up the PS3 version, but it's great news for people who didn't want to drop $600 to play this game.[/QUOTE]I'm surprised too, but not too upset. If it was Tekken on the other hand...

Incredible news! The only reason worth getting a PS3 for is coming to the 360. I got Virtua Fighter 4 for PS2 on launch day and I can definitely see myself doing the same with this :bouncy:

Finally, a reason why I can stop pretending Dead or Alive 4 is worth playing as a fighting game for 360.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Well at least Sony still has Killzone as an exclusive...[/QUOTE]
You're joking right?

[quote name='rickonker']You're joking right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're probably right, that'll end up coming to the 360 as well...

for people who are a minority and don't know how good this will be:

[media]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8179898752774623435&q=virtua+fighter+5[/media]

I implore Microsoft and SEGA to put XBL compatability into the upcoming release of Virtua Fighter 5 ... I want a online fighter other than DOA4 and now DOA:U ... because I can only watch tits jiggle for so long.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Yeah, you're probably right, that'll end up coming to the 360 as well...[/QUOTE]

The nice thing though is that Sony is not releasing killzone until they think its so good, it will shatter the genre... so I'm willing to wait if that's true.

What are the chances Sega releases a version of the Virtua Stick High Grade for the Xbox 360?

According to Milkman over at 1up:
While the PS3 gets the small window of exclusivity, I know a lot of people who were on the fence about buying on just for this game (me included, I can't be stopped!) now have one less reason to wait in line for the console, knowing that not only will the game come to 360, but that the Virtua High Grade arcade-style sticks with wired USB cords will work with the Xbox. Now that this one's out of the way, what other seemingly PS3-exclusive mega-monster-title will find its way to Microsoft's resilient box? I'll let you figure that one out. But to all the people who confidently stated that "No way VF5 goes to 360," guess what? You get to take two steps back and eat a big "told you so."

So, I decided to go ahead and take the bullet and I pre-ordered 2 of the Virtua Stick High Grade from Play-Asia today since I had a $15 off coupon. Hopefully they will work considering they are USB, hell they might even work on the PS2. If not I'll just pawn them on eBay or something.

$217.30 after shipping and $15.00 coupon, shipping alone was $72.xx.
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zl-49-en-70-1rjw.html

bread's done
Back