Virtua Fighter 5 (Xbox-360) $12.18 Amazon

Good tough fighting game, especially with the 360 d-pad. Price is awesome compares to when I bought mine at the then hot price of $50 at launch.

It's nothing like either of those games, Nebenator. It's very technical.

I'd buy this if the ECA coupons were working.

If you like fighting games, there's no reason not to pick this up.

It is quite technical as eastx said, but it's very enjoyable.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']is it only a online game? or does it have a single player mode?[/QUOTE]

There's an online mode, but there's also a pretty big single player mode called Quest mode. Takes a while to get through the whole thing, and it also allows you to get better at the game.

In 4 1, just sold sf4 since the expansion is on the way and have a Real Arcade se on order for Tekken 6. And luckily I still have 1 ECA code in the system, time to use it.

[quote name='VidPower']is the online laggy in this game?[/QUOTE]From what I've heard, the netcode is not as good as GGPO, but it's pretty close.

Entirely worth picking up. I bought it when it came out and started playing it again today and it's a ridiculous amount of fun. Online isn't as lively as before but it's pretty lag free.

Quest mode will take a lot of your time; the "Arcades" have a ton of matches. I've played around 80 matches and lost 3 and I've yet to finish one of these arcades in there.

Also, this has something that SF4 has no excuse for not having: A training/command mode that gives you frame data. SF4 pissed me off by not having any feedback whatsoever on whether or not you're doing the move too fast or too slow. VF5 allows you to demo the move(Ai does it) while it displays the Frame data on the side you can see EXACTLY what frame you're supposed to enter the next command; I cannot begin to tell you how invaluable this is!. Super SF4 better have it but I doubt it will.

Anyways, as I said, $12 is an absolute steal. Even if you don't play online, you'll get a lot out of Quest Mode alone.

I wish this game had better single player then quest mode. Its just going to virtual arcades and playing against virtual players. No actual story. For $12 though its a good deal and the X360 is the better version.

[quote name='Guy Legend']Awesome game. If I had a XB360, I'd buy it.[/QUOTE]

Um, the game started out at $60. It's like getting the game at
a 79.7% discount. Now, if it was a sub par game, then I could
see wanting to save all that you could. You're just getting greedy.

[quote name='GlassAgate']Um, the game started out at $60. It's like getting the game at
a 79.7% discount. Now, if it was a sub par game, then I could
see wanting to save all that you could. You're just getting greedy.[/QUOTE]

Did you quote the wrong person?

As for me holding out for the ECA discount, while I respect Virtua Fighter 5's quality, I also own about a million games and wouldn't play it enough to justify paying over $10. That's why I didn't buy it at $60 or any other price.

I forgot my password at ECA and I tried to resend for password so many times, no email from ECA x____X;
Apparently, is there any problems at ECA??

I was at my local TRU yesterday (Sterling Heights, MI) and they had a bunch of copies for $9.99 in the clearance bin if you want to check there too.

[quote name='Guy Legend']Awesome game. If I had a XB360, I'd buy it.[/QUOTE]
Hell yeah I am on the same boat buddy, I will buy it right now, but too bad no 360.

[quote name='maxgeek']I wish this game had better single player then quest mode. Its just going to virtual arcades and playing against virtual players. No actual story. For $12 though its a good deal and the X360 is the better version.[/QUOTE]
Um....It has pretty much the best single player mode in a fighting game ever. It packs more solo longevity than almost any fighting game ever released.

High five for the School Rumble love.:D:D:D

Said this on the last page where people seem to have skipped over my post, but this isn't sold by Amazon, instead Big Game Vendor. ECA wouldn't work anyway. Just use your $10 gift card now to get it for practically $2.

[quote name='Skoad']Said this on the last page where people seem to have skipped over my post, but this isn't sold by Amazon, instead Big Game Vendor. ECA wouldn't work anyway. Just use your $10 gift card now to get it for practically $2.[/QUOTE]

There also lies the problem that the amazon GC only works with games sold by Amazon.com, so u cannot use it to purchase this either....

bread's done
Back