Virtua Fighter 5 (Xbox 360) - $19.99 at TRU.com

THANK YOU!!! I picked it up late last month for $40. Hopefully I can get a price match for the difference. It has a tone of replay value, even in single player.

[quote name='allen9917']Is there anything special about the 360 version of VF5? the PS3 one hit 19.99 for quite a while.[/quote]
The Xbox360 version is a newer revision of VF5. It also features online play, which is not on the PS3 version.

[quote name='allen9917']Is there anything special about the 360 version of VF5? the PS3 one hit 19.99 for quite a while.[/quote]

Online, arcade version c unlike the PS3's version B. That's about it.

[quote name='Kendro']Don't forget the $5 off $25 coupon floating around that expires today.[/QUOTE]

Good call, I got a small Lego set with this. Made my day.

Thanks for the heads up. Went to my local TRU tonight and picked up VF5 and Nascar 08, both for 24 and change after tax using the 5 dollar coupon.

[quote name='allen9917']Could this be a sign of universal price drop?[/quote]
That's what I'm wondering. I don't want to spend any money until I see how big (small?) my next paycheck is but this is a good deal. Hmmm....

Grabbed this a couple weeks ago in store for $7.98 (was marked incorrectly, the PS3 version is on clearance in store for that price). I should probably get around to playing it.

[quote name='mrmafia33']Just keep in mind that soul caliber 4 is about to release.[/QUOTE]

And it's going to cost 3x more than this. :(

Anyways, great catch by the OP...I saw a ton of these at my local TRU the other day, and will probably stop by tomorrow after work to pick one up.

*edit* didn't buy it. can't use the online coupon.

I was wondering if anyone can buy it for me if they see anything in my trading list? I'm still not sure if I want to buy VF5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... I already VF5 for the PS3, is there really any other incentive to get this other than online mode and it being version C? If so, lemme know, if not, I'll just wait until it's dirt cheap.

[quote name='wolfpackgamer']oddly enough on TRU's site they have two versions of VF5 online- one for $40 and one for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Could be getting added to some kind of "greatest hits" type of collection perhaps?

[quote name='Shady3011']Besides some additional costumes, I believe online was the only added component to the game.[/QUOTE]

alot more than that was added:

- version C of the game (more balanced, new moves etc.)
- revamped modes rebalanced and fixed.

a few more but I forget.

New moves, revamped modes and more costumes uh? Might just be worth it then, maybe when I have the money. Thanks Shady and Rolento.

[quote name='Pyloric']Anyone have a link to the $5 off $25 coupon, and does the coupon work online?
Thanks and great deal!

Found it: http://www.hoofrog.com/tru.pdf[/QUOTE]

It expired.

anyway, thanks OP, I picked one up for $27shipped. At that price I thought I'd give it a try. I played the old one at the arcade & had the 32X version.

[quote name='Escobar4Life']Hmm. you guys think I can pricematch it at Best Buy? My TRU is kinda far. I don't know how I could pm it if I don't have the ad.[/quote]If they're nice they may call the store to check the price and if they have some in stock.

I had been waiting on a deal for this for a very long time, probably more so than any other game. Thanks OP, I really appreciate the heads-up.

For any interested Buffalo-area CAG's: I got mine at the TRU on Niagara Falls Blvd. It was mis-marked on the shelf, but I asked the clerk to scan it anyway and it came up at $19.99 as I expected. He couldn't have seemed any less interested in the price discrepancy if he tried, so I'm willing to bet it's still mis-marked. That probably improves your chances of getting a copy since no one in their right mind would be interested in paying $59.99 at this point. It appeared to me that they did have a few left.

Awesome deal but not worth it for me. Gas prices are so high that if the money I would spend to go would not be worth it for me.

bread's done
Back