Vision Cam Bundle now $39.98 B&M AND Wireless 360 headset for 29.98 at Toys'R'Us

bardockkun

Eating Hot Dogs Horizontally
Feedback
4 (100%)
My friend called me from work just now to tell me the XBox Live 360 Vision Cam Bundle is now 39.98. Also the wireless headset for the 360 should be 29.98 as well so incase you missed out GO NOW!

*EDIT: Since I keep seeing the same damn question, NO it is not for the Halo wireless headset. Just the normal, white, wireless headset.*

Picked one up at the Palm Beach Gardens, Florida TRU, thanks!

Then I went to Chili's and had a delicious Fajita dinner, nom nom nom.

Oh and there's at least 4 or 5 Live Vision Bundles left in the glass case behind the counter, didn't check on the headsets though.

[quote name='leesiulung']Can you plug the camera into the back USB port of the 360? Anyone tried?

One would think so since it is all a USB port, but then again it is a 360 with a lot of proprietary limitations.[/QUOTE]
You absolutely can and I'm sure that's what everyone does. I run a USB hub in the back and run both it and my Rock Band drums off that.

[quote name='prateeko']Which wireless headset is it? I heard the Halo edition has less problems and I've been looking for a wireless headset for a while now but $60 has always been too steep.[/QUOTE]
It's not the Halo model. I couldn't tell if it was the older version or the newer model after the redesign -- is there a way without opening up the package? This one was white with a silver button on it. Anyway my store had lots of them and they were clearly marked $29.99. I just don't think it's worth the money since I like the wired model just fine.

I picked one up at the Parma, OH TRU. Great deal. The Ahole who started the topic on Fatwallet's name is "STEALfromCAGgive2FW", what a douchebag.

just came back from TRU. Grabbed the last vision bundle too! Apparently some CSRs don't know about this deal. If they tell you it's full price ask them to scan it. Thanks OP!

[quote name='kevzik']Is there a 15% babies r us coupon floating around?[/quote]

Think the only one floating around expired on Jan 13 - bah!

The rack was void of any bundles (but there was a tag reflecting the new price), but
I ran into an employee in the otherwise deserted store, and they had some in the back.

[quote name='NoZoL']if some1 got a headset, ill pay 32$ shipped. pm me[/quote]

So everyone should just ignore the "Trading Time Out" warning below your username? :roll:

[quote name='NoZoL']if some1 got a headset, ill pay 32$ shipped. pm me[/quote]

what about the tax on the purchase and the drive to the post office/shipping store and the cost to send it? $2 doesnt cover tax/shipping/time/gas spent

[quote name='Rig']So everyone should just ignore the "Trading Time Out" warning below your username? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but $32 shipped is a pretty lowball offer for something that costs $29.98 + tax in most places. PayPal fees alone would take $2 or so out of that - then the shipping is more (or is that less?) than free ;). (Edit - D'oh, of course as I slowly compose my post many others jumped on the same point)

Anyway, I DID pick up a headset and I'm not sure if I want to keep it but for an offer of $32 shipped I'd sooner return it to the store. I had a choice of 2 TRU's and managed to convince one of my kids to go with me to there and dinner (so it wasn't JUST the TRU trip). Well, stupid me, I didn't call first and this TRU didn't have any of the vision bundles and said they hadn't had them in a while. I picked up the headset so I wouldn't leave emptyhanded. Then I asked them to call the other TRU and sure enough they had 'em so we drove ALL the way over there and I got one - then had dinner. More driving than I would have liked, but not too bad... The more I thought about it the better the deal sounded. I already have the games, but oh well... After I bought mine I saw the employees pulling a few for themselves. I didn't tip them off on the price, though, because they were clearly marked $39.98 and on clearance at this store.

Strell - So does this mean we get to see the mystery wrapped in an enigma that is Strell when playing online? Eh? I'm not sure if I'll train my camera on myself or maybe on the Wii sitting next to the 360. Or maybe my Elebits plush ;).

[quote name='Malik112099']what about the tax on the purchase and the drive to the post office/shipping store and the cost to send it? $2 doesnt cover tax/shipping/time/gas spent[/quote]
well i honestly dont know how i would pay for ur time, its pretty impossible. its an offer.................................. i already got some1 that will anyways, so its obviously worth it to them

[quote name='Malik112099']what about the tax on the purchase and the drive to the post office/shipping store and the cost to send it? $2 doesnt cover tax/shipping/time/gas spent[/quote]
well i honestly dont know how i would pay for ur time, its pretty impossible. its an offer.................................. i already got some1 that will anyways, so its obviously worth it to them

[quote name='io']Strell - So does this mean we get to see the mystery wrapped in an enigma that is Strell when playing online? Eh? I'm not sure if I'll train my camera on myself or maybe on the Wii sitting next to the 360. Or maybe my Elebits plush ;).[/QUOTE]

Fool.

The camera isn't NEARLY long enough to encapsulate the glory that is myself.

Or shiny enough!

Damn, hopefully there is one of each left at my TRU. I might even pick up 2 Vision bundles for the extra 12 months Live and just sell the camera.

[quote name='NoZoL']Is this definitely confirmed at ALL TRU's? Any1 go to the TRU in jackson, mi?[/quote] Confirmed for ALL TRU's. It ends in .98 thus making it a nation wide markdown.

[quote name='bardockkun']Confirmed for ALL TRU's. It ends in .98 thus making it a nation wide markdown.[/quote]

Misconception. Just because it ends in .98 doesn't make it national. It only makes it a clearance price. There have been countless other clearance items that were store/district specific that ended in .98.

[quote name='sp00ge']Misconception. Just because it ends in .98 doesn't make it national. It only makes it a clearance price. There have been countless other clearance items that were store/district specific that ended in .98.[/quote]
Touche.

You win this round....

I hope there's no CAGs in my area...:lol:

I hope I can price match at Sears, I've been failing the online price match for the past few weeks. I think they might have a picture of me with a warning label on it :lol:

Does anyone have any opinions on the wireless headset? I want it mostly for the PC side of functionality, I know it's pretty bad on the 360.

[quote name='ddrpower']I hope there's no CAGs in my area...:lol:

I hope I can price match at Sears, I've been failing the online price match for the past few weeks. I think they might have a picture of me with a warning label on it :lol:

Does anyone have any opinions on the wireless headset? I want it mostly for the PC side of functionality, I know it's pretty bad on the 360.[/quote]
i actually went to sears yesterday to price match the TRU $2.48 1 month XBL cards, and they said they wont price match video games/accessories. Hope u have better luck!

Anyone mind summing up for me in a nutshell how to tell the difference between the new and the old wireless headsets?

Also, is the new wireless headset that much better than the old one?

Halo 3 = new, No idea about the old white ones, although I would probably bet that most of them are old.

My Sears does price match games, but it depends on the manager and the clerk on if they call. They called for the live bundles, and kept shooting me down.

On another note, what's the best way to get the TRU price without calling them and alerting them? If they call, they call, but I need to extract the knowledge on if it will be worth it to try or not. Plus we need a safeguard against just reading the tags...

Looked at my TRU today, they had no Vision packs but they had a TON of headsets at 29.98 clearance price.
be happy to work out some kind of trade with someone who can get vision packs but not headsets!

my brother managed to grab 2 wireless headsets at the TRU on Maryland Parkway and Flamingo in Vegas. they had 2 more headsets left. no xbox live vision bundles tho

[quote name='sp00ge']Misconception. Just because it ends in .98 doesn't make it national. It only makes it a clearance price. There have been countless other clearance items that were store/district specific that ended in .98.[/QUOTE]

True, but in this case it seems to be universal. Has anyone found the Vision Gold Pack or Wireless Headset NOT at these prices yet? Usually there is a YMMV component to TRU clearance pricing, but in this case it appears not.

[quote name='Decker']
[quote name='leesiulung']Can you plug the camera into the back USB port of the 360? Anyone tried?

One would think so since it is all a USB port, but then again it is a 360 with a lot of proprietary limitations.[/quote]
You absolutely can and I'm sure that's what everyone does. I run a USB hub in the back and run both it and my Rock Band drums off that.[/quote]

I don't know that everyone plugs in their cam to the back USB port. For example, if you have the Wireless Networking Adapter, it's designed to clip to the back of the 360 and has a very short USB cable: it's not plugging in anywhere except the back USB port, unless you get an extension cable or you put your hub right there. I'm not aware of any difference between the 3 USB ports, however.

[quote name='ddrpower']Does anyone have any opinions on the wireless headset? I want it mostly for the PC side of functionality, I know it's pretty bad on the 360.[/quote]

I've only just tried the wireless headset on the 360 briefly, but I liked it. I recorded and played back messages using both the wired and wireless headsets, and the quality was very comparable. The wireless is also more comfortable for me: after a few minutes on my ear, I was doing other things around the house and wasn't aware I was wearing it. I'm trying another, though, but only because the power connector was loose and it took a couple hours longer to charge than it said it should.

[quote name='iamtheodork']Anyone mind summing up for me in a nutshell how to tell the difference between the new and the old wireless headsets?

Also, is the new wireless headset that much better than the old one?[/quote]

I've asked about this before here but never got a good answer. I found an article where a MS person stated that the Halo headset was improved, but I've never found any evidence that these improvements have been rolled into the standard white headset - or how to tell the difference if they have. IIRC from my reading (probably posts, so take it with a grain of salt) that at one point the white headsets came with wall chargers; now they don't, but I have no idea if that change to the product was accompanied by changes to the headset itself.

One thing to keep in mind: even if they've improved the headset, unfortunately, there is no improvement in the moronic banter that comes out of it. I need to build my Friends list and get out of the public lobbies, obviously.

[quote name='VaRIABLE SoUL']my brother managed to grab 2 wireless headsets at the TRU on Maryland Parkway and Flamingo in Vegas. they had 2 more headsets left. no xbox live vision bundles tho[/quote]

>:| I was going to go on my lunch break tomorrow for the xbl bundles

[quote name='gantt']

I've asked about this before here but never got a good answer. I found an article where a MS person stated that the Halo headset was improved, but I've never found any evidence that these improvements have been rolled into the standard white headset - or how to tell the difference if they have. IIRC from my reading (probably posts, so take it with a grain of salt) that at one point the white headsets came with wall chargers; now they don't, but I have no idea if that change to the product was accompanied by changes to the headset itself.

One thing to keep in mind: even if they've improved the headset, unfortunately, there is no improvement in the moronic banter that comes out of it. I need to build my Friends list and get out of the public lobbies, obviously.[/quote]

Thanks for the help!

Whoo-hoo, made a custom gamerpic with the camera. I guess that was worth the $39.98 ;). I'm a bit disappointed you can't do much else with it from the dashboard. I would have liked at least a few EyeToy-like minigame things - something to get the kids jumping around, even if it was just wierd colors to push about.

[quote name='NoZoL']omfg, me 2 my wired headset broke and i need a wireless 1![/quote]

The camera bundle actually comes with another wired headset. Just a heads up.

I actually need one of the bundles. I'm about to renew and don't have the camera or the game. Couldn't find one at my local TRU in Atlanta, though.

bread's done
Back