Vita - Killzone: Mercenary - Out Now - Vita's New Flagship FPS

1.1 GB is pretty big for a patch. Seems like maybe they should have held it back a bit so they could get those fixes in there on the cartridge. It wouldn't be a big deal if memory card prices weren't so outrageous and of such limited size.

The problem is the cartridge can't store that much, IIRC it can hold up to 4GB only, so there is no way for the patch to be stored on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 32GB, but not looking forward to the DL/install time on the patch when I get it this Tues.  :whistle2:? Just want to get right into playing, lol.  

I don't mean store it as a patch, I mean put it in the code on the cartridge. No patch.

Icy, but that still impossible since the game has gone gold a month or 2 ago. I know its big but better than the horrendous Jak&Daxter port, where there is no patch at all or if yes wasnt to fix the game frame rate.

The patch is to stabilize the connection issue which has been a huge problem since the Beta. If you encounter something like disconnection from MP, try to turn off the game then turn it back on, it may help.

I love the multiplayer for this game. I'm looking forward to killzone on ps4. I really enjoy collecting the cards. The "weighty" controls takes some getting used to....yet again. I turned the sensitivity up.

I'm working on the single player right now and really enjoying it and the XP/gadget system. I've actually never played Killzone game before so I'm not sure how it stacks up to others in the series.

The gameplay and story hasn't really stood out to me a whole lot but it's very polished and it seems like a console sci-fi shooter. That's awesome on Vita. Next to Dragon's Crown I'm enjoying the single player more than any other Vita title, including Golden Abyss.

Looking forward to the MP after I finish the campaign.

Played a bit of the mp and sp. Took a while to get used to the sticks and controls, but really enjoying the MP on this. I figure I'll save the sp for plane rides and such. Wouldn't mind getting together with some CAGs online.

I can't figure out how the Party mode for this game works.

It must be a bit buggy because I tried that and my friend who was in the party didn't show up in the party lobby thing.

Your friend also has to press party match to get in after you created it. You can always try and send a direct invite after you created the match too from that party option. Try those and see if it helps. :eek:

I'm unsure about matchmaking with party since I always used 'party match' tab and it always created a game. Another note about 'party match,' it will more than likely have you and friends split up on different teams. Its a major complaint atm.  :whistle2:(

I'm enjoying the game so far, MP is fun when both teams are full. But in SP in encountering with a weird issue, that the game freezes for a split second whenever I exit Blackjack, cutscene or checkpoint. I think I'll get back to SP once I collect enough ¥ in MP :)

I've been surprised by the campaign so far - over halfway done and I'm not sick of it yet. I have this notion that campaigns for all fps games are tacked on junk since the mp is the focus, but maybe I need to revisit that idea.

still getting totally wanged on the mp side, but now that I've actually bought some stuff from blackjack maybe I'll be better off.

Now that I've been playing more mp side, I'm really enjoying it. I imagine it has a lot of the same hangups as other semi-competitive fps games, but since I'm not too concerned about my overall success I'm having fun. My k/d radio is now a slightly more respectable 0.65! Yeah!

Went back to play few matches. Not surprised to see people knowing how to deal with drones now, lol. Just waiting for Shadowfall now.  :)

I hear this game requires a huge patch file, is this true?  Also, how are the multiplayer maps, bigger than COD?  And in-game chat yes?  that would be a first!

I hear this game requires a huge patch file, is this true? Also, how are the multiplayer maps, bigger than COD? And in-game chat yes? that would be a first!
The initial patch is over 1GB. No idea how big the multiplayer maps are in COD, but I'm certain they're smaller in Killzone (it doesn't take a super long time to run from one end of the map to the other). Never actually tried chat, but I thought it work dandy in-game in KZ.

Anymore feedback on the campaign? Sad, I know, but I typically play FPS for campaign mainly and multi secondary.

Anymore feedback on the campaign? Sad, I know, but I typically play FPS for campaign mainly and multi secondary.
I thought the campaign was a blast - some decent variety and flexibility in how you approach the game (stealth vs guns blazing). I don't remember any areas where it really dragged, but it is pretty easy even on the hardest difficulty if you're looking for a challenge.

I enjoyed the campaign. I just finished the game. I really like how the money you earn in single player helps you acquire weapons for MP. tthe game's storydoes a good job of introducing characters into the killzone universe.

Campaign was well done in allowing you to choose how you wanted to go through a mission. Plus, the option to tackle the same mission again with three varied play styles for more money (precision, stealth, and demolition). For the story though, highly disappointing. All but two missions (iirc), play too much like other Killzone games as the ISA. By that I mean, the only difference is they give you constant paycheck reminders in the briefings to let you know your a merc instead of an ISA solider.  :roll:

Well overall KZM is a good experiment with what Vita can do with FPS( exclude these CoD and Res). While SP gameplay is quite OK but the way how it was executed was bad. Cutscenes don't have the feel as KZ at all, sometimes they even feel stupid and childish to me. I was hoping for something like Elite difficult but not less brutal than it was in KZ2 :) but well... Contracts were meant to keep us replay the missions over and over again, but why does the game force us to rewatch these cutscenes over and over again? It's tiresome to do so. About the MP if only the problem with connection doesn't exist it could be a real blast, not to mention re-spawning problem. Also stupid explosives radius is what keeps pissing me off, like I was like 3m away from the frag or proximity mine and it didn't matter I got killed from the blast.

http://bit.ly/H3qX0N
Finally a patch. I haven't been able to play a single multiplayer match since this game launched.
!!!

Firstly, we need to start off with the bad news. You’ll see that the patch size is similar to that of the previous patch, and you’ll need a spare 1190MB in order to download it. When this new patch installs, the first patch will essentially be deleted, but you will need the extra space initially. This download is necessary in order to pave the way for future planned revisions to the game.

I've just recently picked this up and I'm enjoying the single player so far any cags want to do a few rounds of muiltiplayer? my psn: is l_200STM_l (l is a lower case L and the _ is a underscore)

Bumping this thread since I bet a lot of people picked this up for $20 Black Friday (I did anyway). 2/3 done with SP on the hardest difficulty and I'm surprised by how good it is. Lots of optional stuff and the extra contracts add tons of replay value for those that want it. Being able to purchase new equipment creates an interesting dynamic in that replaying old levels will still be different, and my playthrough will be a little different than everyone else's.

Looking forward to trying the MP soon. It was easily worth $20.

Is anyone still active for the multiplayer? I rented it on release and had a lot of fun with it after finishing the campaign. I'm considering buying it with the sale if it's still easy to find games and not filled exclusively with a bunch of sharks now?

Is anyone still active for the multiplayer? I rented it on release and had a lot of fun with it after finishing the campaign. I'm considering buying it with the sale if it's still easy to find games and not filled exclusively with a bunch of sharks now?
I JUST got it, but I plan to play it at least a few times a week. There's also supposed to be a few patches coming in the next few months; fixing connectivity issues, two free MP maps, and other tweaks and fixes. I can see myself playing this consistently for at least a few months.

I JUST got it, but I plan to play it at least a few times a week. There's also supposed to be a few patches coming in the next few months; fixing connectivity issues, two free MP maps, and other tweaks and fixes. I can see myself playing this consistently for at least a few months.
Same here. It helps that I have it digitally. Sad to say, but I prob wouldn't locate and pop in the cart just to play MP.

Just jumped back to MP. Seems like the new patch improved few things but Ive noticed only 1 that Vulture now shows the enemies and explosives for whole team when activated.

Awesome, thanks. It doesn't take much to convince me. I really enjoyed the campaign, not just because it was an accomplishment for Vita. The OWL system was fun.

The multiplayer was straightforward, which I kind of appreciate with how nuts and complicated most upgrade systems and game modes have gotten. The interrogation and capsule things seem unique.

Totally agree, Yanks. No way would I change it out just to do multi so it's perfect just sitting on the memory card for quick sessions.

So I ended up in a match with high-level players...and quickly got my ass handed to me. I'm hoping that with the current sale more people will be online in the coming days/weeks.

So I ended up in a match with high-level players...and quickly got my ass handed to me. I'm hoping that with the current sale more people will be online in the coming days/weeks.
Crap, that's what I was afraid of. I was actually able to hold up okay at launch.

Crap, that's what I was afraid of. I was actually able to hold up okay at launch.
This was 4v2, so I think it was just a matchmaking issue/slim pickings. The match after that (new room/people) was better. There was still a high-level player, but everyone else was middle of the road.

Sorry to double post, but I encountered my first truly frustrating moment with this game yesterday. In SP, I initially played through to the tank boss fight. I wasn't quite sure what to do so I quit the game, thinking when i came back, I would start at the same checkpoint from where I started when dying.

NOPE!

Had to replay the entire fucking level. Seriously, who thought this was a good idea? Firstly, I should be able to save wherever and whenever I want. IF I can't do that, there should at least be a checkpoint system in place so I can resume *near* where I last left off.

/rant

bread's done
Back