Vita - Killzone: Mercenary - Out Now - Vita's New Flagship FPS

I'm probably going to end up buying this even though I don't have room for it now. Eventually I'll get a 32 GB card and be able to install it. $9 is hard to pass up. :)

[quote name="SynGamer" post="11454363" timestamp="1390060243"]Sorry to double post, but I encountered my first truly frustrating moment with this game yesterday. In SP, I initially played through to the tank boss fight. I wasn't quite sure what to do so I quit the game, thinking when i came back, I would start at the same checkpoint from where I started when dying.

NOPE!
Had to replay the entire fucking level. Seriously, who thought this was a good idea? Firstly, I should be able to save wherever and whenever I want. IF I can't do that, there should at least be a checkpoint system in place so I can resume *near* where I last left off.

/rant[/quote]
Yeah I agree with the checkpoint but well you can finish most levels under 15 mins. Also I advise to play SP first to get accustomed with the control also racking up ¥ before jumping to MP. The ranks really doesn't matter in MP, its all about how well do you know the map and all above precision! Doesnt matter how powerful your equipments are, if you can't aim, well prepare to die and a lot.

I'm probably going to end up buying this even though I don't have room for it now. Eventually I'll get a 32 GB card and be able to install it. $9 is hard to pass up. :)
Where is it $9?

Edit:
Check it out on PSN and found the $9 price tag. Gonna just download something real quick... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, definitely bad design choice, syn. Reminds me of frustration on the old Ratchet and Clank games. Vita is so lightweight of a system and suspends so well that I usually just pause something and hit the power button. Not much battery gets used up and then it's right there to resume in seconds.

I did end up buying the game and then started looking for a 32 GB card. They are sold out everywhere. 3rd parties at amazon are selling for way above the already high retail. Best Buy is sold out. Oh well. I guess eventually they'll be cheaper anyway and then I can play my $9 copy of Killzone. LOL.

I bought this and I'm really impressed... Not just with the game (it's beautiful) but my 16 gb card holds many more games than I expected.

I'll go through the campaign first before I really get into the multiplayer, but if anyone wants to add me: m3talst0rm17 (ps3, ps4, & vita)

For $9, this game rocks. Single player is a great time and I'm enjoying the multiplayer. Finding a match isn't hard, but finding a match where you aren't getting owned is. At least for me anyway... Not a huge complaint by any means because this is the best shooter I've played on a handheld.

So... CAG game night? :D

Had my best match going, EVER, we're talking like 15 kills and 4 deaths...and I got disconnected. Really looking forward to the patch that's supposed to fix this.

EDIT: we should definitely try to get a CAG night going sometime. 4v4 would be a blast.

Im down, though havent really played mp at all so would be really awful at it.

kilik123 psn

I too took advantage of the $9 sale on Killzone last week. I have been really enjoying my purchase so far! I too am not a fan of having to restart the levels, but it's not so bad.

Feel free to add me and we can play sometime: BreakingPoint0

Just started playing this game and its uncomfortable as hell trying to play it. I'm not sure if it's the Vita or what, but I've mainly been playing the story mode by running around and meleeing everyone. Does anyone use one of these http://www.amazon.com/PSVita-Trigger-Grips-Sony-PS-Vita/dp/B0072A4JVW/ref=pd_sim_vg_8 or know anything that can help with this? I have the same problem when I play Gravity Rush too, but its not as bad.

Just started playing this game and its uncomfortable as hell trying to play it. I'm not sure if it's the Vita or what, but I've mainly been playing the story mode by running around and meleeing everyone. Does anyone use one of these http://www.amazon.com/PSVita-Trigger-Grips-Sony-PS-Vita/dp/B0072A4JVW/ref=pd_sim_vg_8 or know anything that can help with this? I have the same problem when I play Gravity Rush too, but its not as bad.
It took a few minutes to get use to playing with the shoulder buttons, but I eventually got comfortable. That said, I think I'll be picking up one of those PDP PSVita Trigger Grips to make it more comfortable :)

I have one and I can't imagine not having one. It takes the pocketability away, but it's a worthy sacrifice. It makes Killzone waaaaaaaaay better to play. And Ragnarok Odyssey. And Gravity Rush. And... Well, you get the idea.

For the price tag, you can't lose.

Also, whatever happened to CAG game night??? :D

I can't guarantee I would make it but I would be happy to try for a CAG night.

Okay, so now I really want a grip. I would love to make my Vita more comfortable. I used to use on on my DS and it made such a big difference. Have you guys tried multiple ones and think that one is the best?

I too took advantage of the $9 sale on Killzone last week. I have been really enjoying my purchase so far! I too am not a fan of having to restart the levels, but it's not so bad.

Feel free to add me and we can play sometime: BreakingPoint0
The levels aren't too long to begin with (maybe 20 - 30 minutes per level), so playing all the way through them isn't too bad. Also, I need some help getting the 10-Kill Streak in multiplayer. Can anyone help me get this with a 5 minute 1V1 match?

Its confirmed, Botzone is coming in the next update - maybe in April.
Took a break from this game after having my BEST game ever (21 - 4) and then getting the dreaded disconnect error/issue. Will come back once things are sorted with the netcode.

[quote name="SynGamer" post="11593319" timestamp="1394314507"]Took a break from this game after having my BEST game ever (21 - 4) and then getting the dreaded disconnect error/issue. Will come back once things are sorted with the netcode.[/quote]
I know that feeling too, was on KS 9-0 and boom got disconnected. But recently I havent getting any DC at all, Tharsis Depot and Blood Gracht are awesomely good.

bread's done
Back