Vita with 2 games, memory card for $249 at Gamestop

It's good if you have Gamestop credit, but Best Buy's deal is still better. It's the same Madden bundle but with a $50 gift card instead of the game and memory stick. A 4GB memory stick and Hot Shots Golf are both $20 a piece, which makes buying them separately 10 bucks cheaper if you still want those.

[quote name='gldoorii']It's good if you have Gamestop credit, but Best Buy's deal is still better. It's the same Madden bundle but with a $50 gift card instead of the game and memory stick. A 4GB memory stick and Hot Shots Golf are both $20 a piece, which makes buying them separately 10 bucks cheaper if you still want those.[/QUOTE]

if you wanted to blow the entire 5o on vita stuff

Gamestop
VITA with Madden and hotshots golf with 4 gb memory card for 249.99

or
BEST BUY
VITA with madden with hotshot golf with 4gb memory card for 239.99
or
Vita with madden with hot shot golf WITH 8GB memory card for 249.99

so your getting a bigger memory card at best buy

but im telling you right now if you do buy either DUMP MADDEN ASAP cause the game is crap and will be

19.99 or less BY OCT

Not sure which retailer I'm going to purchase at (likely BB), but what size is the memory card the Vita comes with in-box (if it comes with one at all)?

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Not sure which retailer I'm going to purchase at (likely BB), but what size is the memory card the Vita comes with in-box (if it comes with one at all)?[/QUOTE]

pretty sure

WIFI (249 ) does not have a memory card (unless you can find one of the ones that shows free card what was day 1 system)

3G (299) has a 8 gb

love how the MADDEN SET does not have a memory card BUT You need a memory card to play the game LOL

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Not sure which retailer I'm going to purchase at (likely BB), but what size is the memory card the Vita comes with in-box (if it comes with one at all)?[/QUOTE]

Most don't come with the Vita unless its part of a bundle.

I picked this bundle up yesterday. Fairly pleased so far. I'm not a big sports fan, so the Madden cartridge is just a bonus for me. Note to anyone interested, the Madden cartridge doesn't come with its own case, it is only the cartridge.

I have always enjoyed the Hot Shots Golf series, and am quite pleased with the first entry on the Vita. It is loading very quickly and playing well.

Rather wait till Black Friday for those bundles instead of getting it now when few games are out. Good deal though if you don't plan on downloading much.

Guys if you want a vita cheap check Craigslist there's a lot on there. I was able to grab one for 160 with a 4gb stick. The thing was mint condition not a scratch on it. I know I probably got lucky with mine but if you don't like the one you see don't buy out. Don't give into the madden bundle that game sucks its not worth the value. Check Craigslist and see if it helps

[quote name='akokonas']Guys if you want a vita cheap check Craigslist there's a lot on there. I was able to grab one for 160 with a 4gb stick. The thing was mint condition not a scratch on it. I know I probably got lucky with mine but if you don't like the one you see don't buy out. Don't give into the madden bundle that game sucks its not worth the value. Check Craigslist and see if it helps[/QUOTE]
Plus there's plenty of demos to play on there and if you grabbed motorstorm a while ago for free that is pretty good free game.

Yea Madden 2012 on the Vita is terrible from what I heard. The game is buggy and is more Madden 2012 then 13. I can see around BF Vitas being maybe $180 or so.

[quote name='chibamm']Sony has come out and said there will not be a price drop.

http://www.destructoid.com/no-vita-price-cut-in-2012-says-sony-233280.phtml[/QUOTE]

yeap no price drops in 2012

but hey look heres a VITA with 5 games for 249 :)

never said there could not be an insane pack in deal ... Really no reason to even drop the price ...

some say drop the price to 199 to complete with the 3ds xl... but the 3dsis a year older then the vita and it still sucks

I mean not to start a system war but take it to end of year

Vita be like 10 months old
3ds will be like 22 months old

vita games
disgaea 3
hotshots golf
Dungon hunter
persona 4
Ragnarok Odyssey

3ds
Tales of the abyss
and
paper mario

that is just said for almost a 2 year old system there is only 2 games i would even want to play on it

[quote name='slidecage']yeap no price drops in 2012

but hey look heres a VITA with 5 games for 249 :)

never said there could not be an insane pack in deal ... Really no reason to even drop the price ...

some say drop the price to 199 to complete with the 3ds xl... but the 3dsis a year older then the vita and it still sucks

vita games
disgaea 3
hotshots golf
Dungon hunter
persona 4
Ragnarok Odyssey

3ds
Tales of the abyss
and
paper mario

that is just said for almost a 2 year old system there is only 2 games i would even want to play on it[/QUOTE]

Honestly, that's just your opinion. For me, more games are out for the 3DS that I would buy now if I had one than the Vita. That and the games that I want for the 3DS are cheaper.

It doesn't really matter how long either have been out. The Vita should have been great out the gate. It had a great launch but no games come out for months and still aren't out. 3DS had the same issue but it now has games and even offered a bunch of games for free less than a year after it came out.

No excuses should be happening from either the 3DS or Vita.

[quote name='slidecage']

vita games
disgaea 3
hotshots golf
Dungon hunter
persona 4
Ragnarok Odyssey

3ds
Tales of the abyss
and
paper mario

that is just said for almost a 2 year old system there is only 2 games i would even want to play on it[/QUOTE]
Huh. The 3DS has a lot of games worth buying and playing like Kid Icarus, MK7, NSML, RE: Revelations, LoZ: OoT, Star Fox, Theaterhthym and Kingdom Hearts. It's library is pretty good for only a year and a half and the upcoming games (Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, etc) are looking good. As an owner of the Vita, the Vita's library is surprisingly great as well. Both systems have great libraries at this stage of their life with the Vita's only complaint is that it just isn't selling as well.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Honestly, that's just your opinion. For me, more games are out for the 3DS that I would buy now if I had one than the Vita. That and the games that I want for the 3DS are cheaper.

It doesn't really matter how long either have been out. The Vita should have been great out the gate. It had a great launch but no games come out for months and still aren't out. 3DS had the same issue but it now has games and even offered a bunch of games for free less than a year after it came out.

No excuses should be happening from either the 3DS or Vita.[/QUOTE]

The Vita has been out for barely six months. Please let me know what these great games are that were available after 6 months for the 3DS, because they sure as hell weren't in my local games stores.

And I've heard a couple of people saying Madden is "terrible", which is completely off in my opinion. I implore anyone interested to give it a try, I think it runs great on the Vita.

The only reason I said it was terrible was the demo seemed kinda bad. The framerate I thought was very bad. I guess maybe that got fixed in the final version. Oh well I didn't buy a vita for games like madden anyways. I am really enjoying the smaller games such as escape plan, motorstorm and puddle.

[quote name='Kazuya']And I've heard a couple of people saying Madden is "terrible", which is completely off in my opinion. I implore anyone interested to give it a try, I think it runs great on the Vita.[/QUOTE]
:lol: Same game, different year as always with Madden. But if it's what you enjoy, so be it.:whistle2:#

As for the Vita, somebody wake me up when they're $50 on clearance in about 5 years. By then all the games will be super cheap used and maybe I can even score a decent memory card for $5 or someone will have made a third party one for a third of the official ones.

[quote name='akokonas']The only reason I said it was terrible was the demo seemed kinda bad. The framerate I thought was very bad. I guess maybe that got fixed in the final version. Oh well I didn't buy a vita for games like madden anyways. I am really enjoying the smaller games such as escape plan, motorstorm and puddle.[/QUOTE]

I actually get more gameplay out of Me Monstar, Hear me Roar! then most of the other games. :) Loved Lumines too but finally broke the addiction.

For the most part, the Madden demo is the final version but it does seem to run maybe a tad smoother. But it's definitely a solid 30 FPS as opposed to the console 60 FPS. Even with that it's easily the best portable Madden ever and highly playable, and looks amazing. I can see this selling Vitas to the hardcore Madden crowd. For some reason there was this weird expectation that Madden Vita was supposed to be just like the console versions, even though that has never ever been the case in history. The PSP version was far crappier than the PS2 Maddens, much less the PS3. Besides, even if it was technically possible to do, why would EA make an exact port of Madden on the Vita and then sell it for $20 less. I'm sorry, but the Vita just isn't as powerful as the PS3. It can do a decent approximation in some situations because it only has to power a lower resolution screen, but that's it. Expecting the brand new Madden engine to run right away on the Vita in less than a year's development time was folly.

trying to get back on topic... i really did not care for madden on the vita (got it off gamefly)

i mean put it on EASY and all of the catches are made
put it on Pro and 90% of the catches are dropped

was there a way to change the camera in the game (could not figure that out) all i had was down the field camera ... would rather had sideways like the old TECMO BOWL On the NES :)

Is this valid in store? Seems to say it is, but local employees were useless. Sorry if this has been discussed. At mall and haven't read whole thread.

bread's done
Back