VP Debate: Biden vs. Palin... Pt. 1, Before the storm

freakyzeeky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
keefe.jpg

So... what do you guys think will happen tonight? Will Biden be aggresive towards Palin, or will he be more careful? Will Palin prove herself to voters, or will she forever be cemented as one of the worst VP choices in history? Who will win tonight's VP debate?

Predictions? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really get that cartoon, seems pretty dumb

Biden no doubt trounces her -- without even trying. He won't really attack her, I don't think, he'll just give good answers to questions addressing issues while Palin spouts nonsense. America will be enlightened -- competence next to incompetence on the same stage, her idiocy will be evident to all.

Great cartoon. :lol: I will reserve all judgment until the debate, but to answer the OP questions...

-Biden will likely try to be more careful so he doesn't come off as an attack dog, though I really wish he wouldn't be. Palin needs to be decimated. Even so, he will come up with good, sound answers to the questions so that he will trounce her without even trying.
-Palin will only prove herself to the base that blindly loves her already. Everyone else already thinks she's the worst VP choice in history, or close to it.
-Obviously Biden will win hands down, even if the McCain campaign runs ads before the debate saying Palin won. I see they haven't done that this time though, unlike last Friday's Presidential debate. ;)

Edit: Koggit nailed it.

I'm voted for a tie.

It's almost a no-lose situation for Palin. She's getting slammed lately after the Couric interview etc. If she does anything but make a complete ass out of herself then people will think she did well as we're all expecting a disaster.

Also, Biden has a knack for putting his foot in his mouth. I think Biden has a lot to lose here, and Palin has pretty much nothing to lose as she'll almost definitely exceed everyone's low expectations.

If she rode into the debate on a dinosaur, I would feel compelled to vote for her.

Also, for warm-up...

bewbs :hot:

I voted tie.
The people who already know who they are going to vote for have already declared the winner.
People who are undecided won't be impacted enough for it to determine how they vote come election day.

I think polls wise, Palin's going to come out ahead from this. I expect Biden to be better on the issues and crap, but will come off as condescending and that will set the Palin base into a whole Biden-is-sexist uproar.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the fact that the moderator is writing a book about Obama (which she didn't disclose when she was chosen). For some reason, that's going to be the interesting thing for me while watching this, to see how or if the moderator gives advantage to Biden.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Surprised nobody has mentioned the fact that the moderator is writing a book about Obama (which she didn't disclose when she was chosen). For some reason, that's going to be the interesting thing for me while watching this, to see how or if the moderator gives advantage to Biden.[/quote]

Even though Ifill didn't disclose the contents of her book when selected, the Republican party has been aware of the book's contents well in advance of the debates and has had the opportunity to protest her role as moderator. Furthermore although Obama is named in the title of the book its contents revolve around multiple black US politicians.

Are you, seriously, suggesting the she is willing to tank her career and reputation tonight just to help out her book sales?

Yeah, I see no cause for concern.

Especially the format of the debate not allowing back and forth between the candidates. She really has to do little other than ask questions and make sure they stay within their time limits to answer.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Surprised nobody has mentioned the fact that the moderator is writing a book about Obama (which she didn't disclose when she was chosen). For some reason, that's going to be the interesting thing for me while watching this, to see how or if the moderator gives advantage to Biden.[/QUOTE]

It's not really about obama, the book's focus is the civil rights events of 45 years ago allowing for black politicians to exercise a degree of political leadership. Ifill previously moderated in the 2004 election, is a professional journalist/moderator and has been recognized by her peers numerous times.
If anything, I would think that her writing a book would increase her sensitivity and ensure that the moderator makes the debate as neutral as possible. This is a non-issue that clouds the far more serious issues of what actions the candidates will take once in office.

Palin is supposedly going to go after Biden, which I think is an evil genius plan. Palin can't lose unless she falls on her face, literally. If Palin attacks Biden and Biden fights back he is attacking a poor dumb woman.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']
dinosaurpalinht1.jpg
[/quote]

That...is...awesome. Thank Gore for the internet!

Anyway, I agree with the others who are saying that people have such a terribly low level of expectation for Palin that she can't lose. I think she will do better than she did in the interviews and when she does it will look like she turned into some kind of genius overnight comparatively.

I think Palin's expectations are so low that she can only do good tonight. She will be prepped with ready-made catch-phrases attacking Obama and Biden. She'll go out of her way not to say anything stupid.

[quote name='Chase']I think Palin's expectations are so low that she can only do good tonight. [/QUOTE]

i tend to agree with this statement. its just like her big convention speech, as long as she can go out and do it, itll be deemed a success. i have a feeling shell be able to do it. then the forum will light up about how stupid she is later tonight. (i voted for palin just for fun, i expect the debate to be in bidens hands)

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']i tend to agree with this statement. its just like her big convention speech, as long as she can go out and do it, itll be deemed a success.[/QUOTE]

Because reading a speech off a teleprompter is exactly like a debate.

I think she could just fart repeatedly on stage while holding a gun and Fox News would proclaim her the second coming.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']you missed the point[/QUOTE]

The point being that her speech at the convention was a bag o' fail?

Whats important is the swing vote/independents. They DONT have super low expectations, otherwise they are more likely to be very close or have already picked a side.

If they largely called the last one in favor of Obama when it wasnt a blowout, they should see through the bullshit on this one.

As long as Biden can avoid saying 'Bitch please', he should take it. With that said, it would be worth the loss to hear him say it.

[quote name='Strell']I think she could just fart repeatedly on stage while holding a gun and Fox News would proclaim her the second coming.[/quote]
You are so consistenly one of my favorite posters. You should post in more threads I read. I love to just look at your avatar and sig about lobsters. In pants. Is that from something?

[quote name='Msut77']No seriously, her speech sucked and she is undoubtedly going to suck tonight.[/QUOTE]

no seriously, youre a troll.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']no seriously, youre a troll.[/QUOTE]

Not at all and you sound even more like a whiny bitch every time you say it.

[quote name='Msut77']Not at all and you sound even more like a whiny bitch every time you say it.[/QUOTE]

NO SERIOUSLY, YOURE A TROLL

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']NO SERIOUSLY, YOURE A TROLL[/QUOTE]

No need for a tantrum you whiny little titty baby.

Biden is going to tear Palin apart...which is most likely going to backfire horribly. People are going to pity her saying shit like "that sleazy politician tore that poor scared women apart...what an asshole...Sarah Palin is a normal person like me :dunce:"

Reminds me of (something I read somewhere) where they said Bush won the 2000 debates because he didn't drop his shorts and start throwing shit at Gore like people were expecting him to do. As long as Palin doesn't break down in tears and start vomiting, she'll be considered the winner by alot of idiots people.

How mad are Repubs that Ifill's book came out as a news story before the debate.

That was supposed to be their get-out-of-jail card after the debate. :lol:

Settle down, ladies.

Msut, RAM's point was that the expectations for Palin from her voter base are exceedingly low. She didn't have to make a dramatic, amazing or even coherent speech at the RNC; she only had to show up and make a speech period. By the same token she doesn't have to be a competent debater tonight. She only has to show up and bleat talking points and it will be enough to keep her base happy. FOX news will spin it until the next set of presidential debates.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Settle down, ladies.

Msut, RAM's point was that the expectations for Palin from her voter base are exceedingly low. She didn't have to make a dramatic, amazing or even coherent speech at the RNC; she only had to show up and make a speech period. By the same token she doesn't have to be a competent debater tonight. She only has to show up and bleat talking points and it will be enough to keep her base happy. FOX news will spin it until the next set of presidential debates.[/QUOTE]

I do not think the semi literate Limbaugh fan had a point. It has gotten to where asking Palin what she reads is called a gotcha question, if that does not shake up her base then fuck them.

[quote name='Msut77']I do not think the semi literate Limbaugh fan had a point. [/QUOTE]

thanks for justifying my 3 previous posts (again)

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']thanks for justifying my 3 previous posts (again)[/QUOTE]

Are you going to deny you are a Limbaugh fan?

[quote name='Msut77']Are you going to deny you are a Limbaugh fan?[/QUOTE]

now where would you get a silly little idea like that.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']now where would you get a silly little idea like that.[/QUOTE]

That you are a Limbaugh fan or that you would deny it?

[quote name='Msut77']That you are a Limbaugh fan or that you would deny it?[/QUOTE]

do i really need to explain it to you in "thrustbucket" terms (as you say)

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']do i really need to explain it to you in "thrustbucket" terms (as you say)[/QUOTE]

If you please.

bread's done
Back