Wal-Mart $10 Clearance Bin YMMV

Qbe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Apologies if this has been covered already.

I made my yearly visit to Wal-Mart today. Back in the main aisle behind electronics I found a bin full of video games (PS2, Xbox, GC, GBA) with a sign indicating that all games were $10 each. I looked through and found a bunch of GH/PH/GC games, nothing too exciting but a good deal if you're looking for some. A few random titles I can remember: Ghost Recon 2, THUG, Gun, some Ratchet & Clank games, a bunch of sports games.

Then I spotted Okami. Okami? That's a pretty new game. The marked price was $39.9X, so I doubted that it was clearance. I tracked down a scanner, though, and sure enough: $10. I grabbed that puppy.

Don't know if every store (or any other store) will have this deal, but it could be worth a look.

Okami is BRAND NEW. It's still advertised on the back on magazines for crying out loud. Awesome deal, although that's scary if it sold so poorly at Wal Mart it's being clearanced out right after they get it...

But then again, it is Wal Mart. People willing to shop there probably aren't interested in great games overall.

I just picked up Elite Beat Agents the same way. There was a tag for it on the clearance shelf and a ton of them in the regular NDS display. Scanned for $10, so off I went.

Other people should have it scanned at their store.. if it's scanning for 9.99 at one store, it may do it at all stores..

What the fuck, elite beat also? Where do you guys have these magical walmarts?

Yeah, I'd like to know what the deal is with these magical walmarts, where I live, theres hundreds of people in walmart all the damned time. :/

Mine had a big clearance shelf too. Most games were Gamecube and Gameboy Advance and were $9.72. There were alot of crappy games but there was some decent stuff like Wind Waker and Megaman X collection though.

Unlike Targets and most other stores, Walmert prices don't necessarily cross over. So what is a certain clearance price at one store isn't automatically reflect ed in the other. Each individual Walmart marks down its prices.

Oh.... fuck...

I'm RUNNING to Walmart tommorow to find Beat Agents and pray its $10. Thanks for the info... most likely its not but doesn't hurt to try. :D

[quote name='LoveMonkey']sorry if this is a stupid question, but what does YMMV stand for?[/quote]

Your Miles May Vary

Your mileage may vary (commonly abbreviated as the acronym YMMV) is a deal that is not guaranteed to be and in most cases is not available at all of the stores in a retail chain.

Just went to my Wal-mart. No deal of any kind on anything- so all is well.

I must be some kind of masochistic cheap ass to even bother checking on these Wal-mart deals anymore.

they had some cheap ass games here worth nothing going nuts about

Picked up (probally return after xmas if none of my friends want them)

Top spin 2 DS 9.87
Resident evil Ds 9.97
some type of collection for the psp some shooter game ?? 9.87

they had around 30 games for 9.87 nothing going nuts over though

Oh man, REDS for $10 sounds great. And that shooter collection, is it Gradius? You jerks are really making me want to find a Wal Mart.

[quote name='SDC']Oh man, REDS for $10 sounds great. And that shooter collection, is it Gradius? You jerks are really making me want to find a Wal Mart.[/QUOTE]
Shouldnt be hard to find a Walmart, there are too many of them.

[quote name='Scorch']Where do you guys have these magical walmarts?[/QUOTE]QFT, nothing but shit at my Wal-Mart.

All my Wal-Mart ever has is a section of GH/PC/PH/Crap games. But I'll check next time I'm there. Not going to make a special trip for it.

I was at mine today.

They had nothing of this sort. They did have 10 Nunchuks, 9 Wiimotes, 5 classic controllers, and 5 2000 point cards though.

Resident Evil DS is not all that great - the improvements are all terrible or undercooked. If you just really like the original, it's good since you can play it that way, though. $10 sounds about right.

[quote name='eastx']Resident Evil DS is not all that great - the improvements are all terrible or undercooked. If you just really like the original, it's good since you can play it that way, though. $10 sounds about right.[/quote]
For $10 its sweet to have on the go. Just throw that little catridge in your pocket.

[quote name='eastx']Resident Evil DS is not all that great - the improvements are all terrible or undercooked. If you just really like the original, it's good since you can play it that way, though. $10 sounds about right.[/QUOTE]

I'm more interested in it because I'm too wimpy to play it. I figure it can't be scary on a handheld...(though, the $10 price point is nice because if I am still too much of a puss I won't be out that much cash).

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Unlike Targets and most other stores, Walmert prices don't necessarily cross over. So what is a certain clearance price at one store isn't automatically reflect ed in the other. Each individual Walmart marks down its prices.[/quote]

That is very true^^. There are 3 Walmarts in my area and it seems only one has clearance items such as the ones suggested from the OP. I happened to be there last night and in an obscure place on an endcap in the back of the electronics section I found Pelican wired 360 controllers for $10.50 each. There were 3 of them so I snagged 2 just for spares, couldn't resist since they were originally $29.99 each.

This particular magical Wal-Mart is the 28th St. store in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I think it's a fairly small store as Wal-Marts go.

My local non-super Wal-mart has some pretty decent clearance deals right now. I grabbed Donkey Konga w/ Bongos for $10, 1019 Nintendo Brand GCN Memory card for $8.50, and a Microsoft Brand 360 Media Remote for $7.50....all on my tradelist if anyone is interested:)

I also noticed some 360 faceplates for $1.75-$2.50 and some random GBA accessories, but unfortunately no good game clearances at mine...

All YMMV of course....

Yeah, my local Walmart (not Super) only has a bin with $19.82 games in it... and it's about 4' tall, 4' long and 2' wide, so it's pretty hard to wade through to find anything. Most of it was GH/PC/GC games

[quote name='SDC']Oh man, REDS for $10 sounds great. And that shooter collection, is it Gradius? You jerks are really making me want to find a Wal Mart.[/QUOTE]

yea its gradius collection i got for 9.87 they had like 3 more on the coldwater store. i might run over and hit the appleglen one today to see wha they got

My walmart has the ten dollar clearance sale also, but they were mostly on greatest hit games. I might try to go back and try okami, thanks for the heads up!

These magical walmarts are REAL, I've seen them myself.

The clearances are completely random, but I also think they are by number. Titles with way too many copies and titles with very few copies get clearanced, this is why Okami ends up at $10 and Harry Potter does too.

Start getting Okami scanned at your Wal-Marts, guys! Maybe someone higher up mistook Okage for Okami. Make 'em get it out of the case and have it scanned!!!

[quote name='Scorch']Other people should have it scanned at their store.. if it's scanning for 9.99 at one store, it may do it at all stores..

What the fuck, elite beat also? Where do you guys have these magical walmarts?[/quote]

exactly can anyone see if that is a Every branch(I.E:Super Wal-marts) deal:hot:

Hopefully I'm going to get to a Wal Mart later in the day. I'll report back if I find anything.

Edit: No luck in Worcester, MA. EBA was marked 29.xx, and it scanned up as such. No copies of Okami or RE DS to speak of.

[quote name='Scorch']Start getting Okami scanned at your Wal-Marts, guys! Maybe someone higher up mistook Okage for Okami. Make 'em get it out of the case and have it scanned!!![/quote]

i have a feeling this is the case...but i'll hit up a walmart after work today...just in case :lol:

bread's done
Back