Wal-mart B&M - Captain America: First Avenger, Thor Combo Blu-rays & others $14.98

SoulEdgeVII

CAGiversary!
Just got back from Wal-Mart and picked up the Captain America: First Avenger Blu-ray for $14.98. It was in a red cardboard stand labeled $15. Other Blu-rays I remember seeing are Green Lantern and Horrible Bosses.

Compiled List

Captain America: First Avenger
Green Lantern
Thor
Lion King
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows, Part II
Rio
Super 8
Horrible Bosses

Last edited by a moderator:
The Captain America Blu-ray that I purchased was Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy and it appeared that Green Lantern was the same. I'm not sure about the others since I wasn't interested in them. Did these come in non-Combo Pack versions?

I picked up Captain America, PotC: Stranger Tides, and Harry Potter: Deathly Hollows 2.
I saw Cars 2, Rio, Lion King, Super 8, Thor and a ton more. All combo packs.

I guess this is in store only since the online price still shows it at $19.99. I will stop by tomorrow then.

[quote name='Voodoo_Lou']I picked up Captain America, PotC: Stranger Tides, and Harry Potter: Deathly Hollows 2.
I saw Cars 2, Rio, Lion King, Super 8, Thor and a ton more. All combo packs.[/QUOTE]Nice. Might pick up Captain America, Lion King, and Thor. Wallet hurts.

I picked up Thor as well. I didn't see any special display or discount marked, but when I went to the price checker scanner sure enough it rang up as $14.96! OP, if you read this, you might want to change the title to include Thor as well, if it's not too much trouble. I think this is a particularly good deal since, if I'm not mistaken, this is the lowest Thor has gone for.

[quote name='doppelganger']I picked up Thor as well. I didn't see any special display or discount marked, but when I went to the price checker scanner sure enough it rang up as $14.96! OP, if you read this, you might want to change the title to include Thor as well, if it's not too much trouble. I think this is a particularly good deal since, if I'm not mistaken, this is the lowest Thor has gone for.[/QUOTE]

Done. Thor and Captain America were both $10 at Fry's during Black Friday but $14.96 is the next lowest I've seen.

I ended up getting Lion King. Getting Thor and Captain America hopefully by tomorrow. Any idea when this deal ends?

I picked up Lion King, they were sold out of CA.

Just a heads up, none of the movies (Lion King, Thor, ETC) were labeled as on sale, and they were in their regular sections, but they rang up 14.99.

I just got back from Wal-mart and saw these movies in the bin for $14.99

Thor, Captain America, Super 8, Cars 2, Rango, Transformers 3, The Zookeeper, True Grit, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows part 2 I think. There were no copies of Lion King and the diamond edition is not on sale for $15 as it rang up $24. Our Wal-mart did have Rio for $13 for the BD,DVD, DL combo.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Which is a better blind buy super 8 or TF?[/QUOTE]

S8 has been likened to The Goonies, so if you enjoyed that then you'll likely enjoy S8. TF...well, I liked the 3rd but out of the two I'd pick S8.

[quote name='shadow17x']I just got back from Wal-mart and saw these movies in the bin for $14.99

Thor, Captain America, Super 8, Cars 2, Rango, Transformers 3, The Zookeeper, True Grit, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows part 2 I think. There were no copies of Lion King and the diamond edition is not on sale for $15 as it rang up $24. Our Wal-mart did have Rio for $13 for the BD,DVD, DL combo.[/QUOTE]

Just bought the Lion King Diamond Edition. 14.96.

[quote name='Zhane']Just bought the Lion King Diamond Edition. 14.96.[/QUOTE]

yeah so did I. just checked a different wal-mart that didn't have the display up for the $15 like first one I went to and ran the diamond edition of Lion King at a scanner. This time it did scan at $15 so I guess the other one just didn't update their database. Walked away with that and Rio today for $28.

Was looking for Thor and Green Lantern. No luck at any of the Walmarts in my area. Green Lantern is $15 on Amazon and also at Best Buy tomorrow, so I'll get that and just wait for a Thor deal for the same or less.

[quote name='bigdaddykyler']gotta go with S8. Though TF might have a coupon for TF3D[/QUOTE]

I might swing by and get S8 tomorrow. I think I'll hold off on TF for the 3D version.

I was able to PM Captain America at Best Buy. I showed the cashier this post and the manager did not even ask to see it.

I really didnt think Super 8 was very good. Good deal for it though if you want it. I did pick up Lion King though.

Xmen First Class was another for $15 but I dont think thats much of a deal for that one. Good movie anyway.

TF1 v Super 8, the first transformers movie is far better.
Super 8 v TFT2/TFT3, Super 8 is far better.

TF3 has an hour long action sequence to bookend the movie that doesn't let up, there's so much going on that it becomes boring.

I had to swing by the Walmart by my work today to pick up some things, so I figured I would see if I could find Thor. I finally did! They had three copies marked at $24.96, so I picked one up and it rang up at $14.96, as stated. Very excited.

Glad to watched Captain America before rushing out to WM to buy a copy - not a great movie! Of the recent Marvel movies, Thor is the best.

I wanted to get Capt America. Went to Walmart yesterday. Not a single copy there.
It's not like I live in a huge city or that there are a ton of CAGers in my area, so I don't know what happened to them, but I was pretty disappointed.

[quote name='mrwogs2']Glad to watched Captain America before rushing out to WM to buy a copy - not a great movie! Of the recent Marvel movies, Thor is the best.[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought Thor was one of the worst. And enjoyed CA a lot more :lol:

I was in Sam's Club tonight and most on this list were $12.98. I could not check all of them because they weren't all in stock but they had Green Lantern, Super 8, and Thor for sure.

Super 8 was an alright movie. But I wouldn't buy the DVD.

[quote name='erectiontown']X-Men First Class is also $15 for the blu-ray plus digital copy version.[/QUOTE]

Really? It rang up for $25 in the store I was at (Marion, IL) on the same day as your post.

[quote name='mrwogs2']Glad to watched Captain America before rushing out to WM to buy a copy - not a great movie! Of the recent Marvel movies, Thor is the best.[/QUOTE]

I thought CA was the best but to each their own. I did get Thor and GL as I wanted those because I didn't see them in theatres like I did CA and X: FC.

Also I found a copy of the 3D Captain America set on the sidewalk by a Gamestop with everything in it so I had that covered! :)

[quote name='MSUHitman']Really? It rang up for $25 in the store I was at (Marion, IL) on the same day as your post.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what the deal with that is. I bought it for 14.99 in Denver no problems.

[quote name='wormraper']that's because the prices went back up on Sunday. the sale is over according to Blu-ray.com[/QUOTE]

Yeah but literally I was in a store on the day the OP was made and X-Men rang up for $25.

It's fine I'm getting it for $10 today but I REALLY hate how WM's inventory and sales vary so much by region. The STL WM's don't carry the 2012 World Series DVD while the ones in southern IL are drowning in them.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah but literally I was in a store on the day the OP was made and X-Men rang up for $25.

It's fine I'm getting it for $10 today but I REALLY hate how WM's inventory and sales vary so much by region. The STL WM's don't carry the 2012 World Series DVD while the ones in southern IL are drowning in them.[/QUOTE]

Even by store in the same general area. In Champaign County there are 3 Supercenters; Champaign, Urbana and Savoy. Each one had only part of the display of Blus on sale up, or in the case of the Champaign one, no designated display or otherwise obvious pricing info. It got a little ridiculous when Savoy had Super 8 and Thor, Champaign had Captain America and Super 8 and Urbana had Captain America and Thor as the ones in the display. Talk about confusing.:roll:

bread's done
Back