Wal*Mart - GBmicro -$29 ($19?)/GCN -$49 - New - Shouldn't be YMMV, depending on stock

UncleBob

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I know we have a Wal*Mart thread, but this is a pretty good deal. Depending on if your Wal*Mart has any left in stock... The Game Boy micro received a price drop down to $29.00 and the GameCube received a drop down to $49.00.

Again, these are Home Office price changes, not store initiated mark downs...

Game Boy micro now showing up at $19?

Last edited by a moderator:
My local store finally dropped its prices down to 30 bucks for them. I'm just debating if i want one, now that I know it doesnt play original GB and GBC games.

I haven't seen any micros around in ages, surprised people can still find them. Play-asia has the Famicom model for $69.99, I might just go that route. It comes with a power plug that works in the US, right?

[quote name='redline']I haven't seen any micros around in ages, surprised people can still find them. Play-asia has the Famicom model for $69.99, I might just go that route. It comes with a power plug that works in the US, right?[/QUOTE]

Yep, I bought one about 2 months ago from them when they had a weekly sale on it (59.99). Power plug is identical to US version and works fine.

The special edition packaging is awesome, too.

I got mine a while back mainly for collecting purposes. It proved to be handy though. When I was working at the YMCA I'd break out my SP all the time during my breaks or if I came in a little early. The kids would crowd around me. I started bringing my micro in, they would gett sick of straining just to see the screen they would leave me be. ;)

Being a girl it just fits better in the purse and in the pockets. So when I'm out and about I have it with me when there is down time it's there.

It just adds on the handhelds I have. Last time we went on vacation and drove out to Cali my cousin ended up playing it while I used my DS.

It just comes in handy in those weird moments that you don't even think of needing some sort of entertainment.

[quote name='dabamus']The Gamecubes at Grove City, PA are $50 also.[/quote]

I used to go to the Grove City outlet stores alot back in the day, between roughly 1992-2004.

[quote name='shouamabane']I have some silver Micros that I am selling for $50 shipped.

Thanks for the faceplate tip perky.[/quote]

can ya do any better. i can get them a little cheaper than that from ebay.

After reading this topic I became really excited, after all I knew that my walmart had at least 10 famicom micros. I waltz in only to learn that they all had been shipped back to the distribution center a few days ago. There are about five black ones left though.

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']can ya do any better. i can get them a little cheaper than that from ebay.[/QUOTE]
Cheapest I found for a sealed one on eBay is $45 shipped. Anyone know of anywhere cheaper to get a new one? Haven't seen any at Wal-Mart and $45 is pretty tempting.

[quote name='redline']Cheapest I found for a sealed one on eBay is $45 shipped. Anyone know of anywhere cheaper to get a new one? Haven't seen any at Wal-Mart and $45 is pretty tempting.[/quote]

The $45 shipped is the cheapest i found on there as well.

[quote name='TEHJOE']
I could look into purchasing the micros my walmart has left if anyone is interested.[/quote]

I'd possibly be interested in a black one depending on the price.

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']I used to go to the Grove City outlet stores alot back in the day, between roughly 1992-2004.[/QUOTE]

I go to college in Grove City, and I've never been to them. :p

They just aren't that interesting to me since they lack a good electronics and/or game store.

[quote name='TEHJOE']I could look into purchasing the micros my walmart has left if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested. How much with shipping to 60108?

[quote name='dabamus']I go to college in Grove City, and I've never been to them. :p

They just aren't that interesting to me since they lack a good electronics and/or game store.[/quote]

i used to love the fossil watch outlet. Back in the day i got a limited mario lemieux watch and signed puck, for $40 for the set. It's worth way more than that now.

[quote name='Smuglittleman']There is no point to these at all and even though I needed a GB Micro like I needed a hole in my head...I got one anyway.[/QUOTE]

Comparing ownership of a GBM to death sounds a bit extreme.

The GBM haters here have some insecurities about size! I've got the famicon edition and love it.. so easy to play for a few minutes and put into sleep mode for later

[quote name='iamthekiller']Comparing ownership of a GBM to death sounds a bit extreme.

The GBM haters here have some insecurities about size! I've got the famicon edition and love it.. so easy to play for a few minutes and put into sleep mode for la0ter[/quote]

Well since I own a GBA SP which I have been using less and less and a DS I really didn't feel like I needed the Micro. That said, my Walmart had the 20th Anniversary Edition and I just couldn't resist and yes...I love it.

[quote name='TEHJOE']I could look into purchasing the micros my walmart has left if anyone is interested.[/quote]

i'm interested.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']I don't see why people have problems with GB Micro unless they have huge gorilla-hands or very bad eyesight =\ I honestly prefer using my GB Micro over the regular GBA & SP ever since I bought it for $100 on launch date. I don't even give a crap about not being able to play GB & GBC games - cart sticking out of the system is bad enough, not to mention most of the games haven't aged well &/or way better sequels on GBA + DS.[/QUOTE]

Well I sure wouldn't want SMALLER than an SP, either for the controller or the screen. I would have preferred both be larger than the SP.

Wish someone still had SP's around, as I'd like one for the backwards compatibility. May be a moot point though as they (and the DS) don't function without a battery, so I'm not sure they'll be usable 10 years from now. Might still work with a dead battery though...as long as it's not like leaking or something.

[quote name='TEHJOE']I could look into purchasing the micros my walmart has left if anyone is interested.[/quote]

I would be interested in a Micro too. Not many Walmarts around here and most of them are pretty much empty of any stock.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Well I sure wouldn't want SMALLER than an SP, either for the controller or the screen. I would have preferred both be larger than the SP.

Wish someone still had SP's around, as I'd like one for the backwards compatibility. May be a moot point though as they (and the DS) don't function without a battery, so I'm not sure they'll be usable 10 years from now. Might still work with a dead battery though...as long as it's not like leaking or something.[/QUOTE]
I'm regretting not picking up a second backlit SP too. I have a Pearl Blue model and I just assumed they would be at fire sale prices eventually like the Micro has been. Guess I was wrong, those backlit SPs fetch over $100 on eBay now.

I doubt we'll have any problem getting a battery 10 years from now. If Nintendo doesn't still sell them online, then I'm sure there will be 3rd party batteries around.

I am currently on vacation but I will go there as soon as I return.

That being said if anyone has a sealed famicom version I would be both interested and tremendously appreciative of any potential offers.

I still can’t believe that they shipped back seven famicom micros.

I called 2 walmarts last week (too lazy to drive for once...gas is killing me) and after asking if they had any gba micros still in stock...one store replied "WE never carried anything called gameboy advance Macros, I think we only carry gameboy colors still since we only carry CURRENT SYSTEMS"

I lol'd and hanged up on her.

I was going to heckle you for raising this dead thread, but $20 for a GB Micro is a good reason for necrophilia. Too bad I haven't seen one at any Wal-Mart in forever.

[quote name='Shady3011']I was going to heckle you for raising this dead thread, but $20 for a GB Micro is a good reason for necrophilia. Too bad I haven't seen one at any Wal-Mart in forever.[/quote]this made me lol

Yea this thread is hella old lol, Im still glad I picked up a cube at wally for 50 this summer though. Probably the only time I was able to see something on CAG and goto walmart and sure enough it was that price.

[quote name='Jobberwock']Just to update this, I saw the silver GB Micros at Walmart today marked down from $29 to $19.[/quote]

[quote name='Shady3011']I was going to heckle you for raising this dead thread, but $20 for a GB Micro is a good reason for necrophilia. Too bad I haven't seen one at any Wal-Mart in forever.[/quote]

CRIPES

if you seen them... BUY them, they are worth much more than 19. I wouldn't mind to pick up two but they lack GBC/GB compatibility.

My local one had like 3... managed to pick up one, but wanted to pick up the other ones, and they were GONE.

[quote name='Smuglittleman']Any CAGs in Northern New Jersey...Walmart in Mansfield has lots of the silver and black GBMs left.[/quote]

Holy shit, there is another CAG in this area. I am shocked.

bread's done
Back