Wal-Mart PS3 launch numbers?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']One walmart I called told me 20 but then it seems odd compared to what everyone else is saying, do you all live in the boondocks?[/quote]

Yes, but just for comparision we are getting 2/2 of the PS3, but we are also getting 29 of the Wii.

[quote name='Theenternal']they don't know if they will be getting any on release day.

I don't know the ocala pop.

so Gainesville is around 120k and we are getting 2, thats almost enough.[/QUOTE]

Okay, thanks.

And..ha, yeah, picture perfect console to potential buyer ratio. ;)

[quote name='FantasiaWHT']Wal-mart in my town will not be getting ANY PS3's... they are giving out 10 rainchecks to the first 10 customers.

Two Wal-marts nearby are 24-hour Walmarts, they will both be starting lines in the lay-away department at 7am on Thursday morning. One said maybe 10 systems, the other said maybe 20 systems.

Btw...

THOSE fuck-NUTS AT fucking EBAY fucking CANCELLED MY fucking PS3 LISTING!!!! (Btw, when you shaq-fu in all caps, the filter doesn't catch it)

I made absolutely 100% sure it conformed to the PS3 listing policies (even though they didn't technically apply because I had a real system, not a preorder) and even confirmed it with at least 2 CSR's that what I was doing was ok

(Yes, the Japanese PS3 I had in hand and was ready to ship overnight to the winner... and now I have no market advantage, I'll be selling post-launch with everyone else)[/quote]

As much as I respect your right to take advantage of idiots, the ethical implications of doing so are what stopped me. Kind of sad that eBay had to stop you.

PS3 numbers dropped at my store today.

2 of the cheaper configuration.
6 of the more expensive configuration.

Town is about 5,000 people total.

Prattville, Ala location is getting 10. No idea on how that is divided up between the 20g and 60g. But they will hand out vouchers or whatever around 10pm Thursday and then people can get their systems at 12:01am.

So some quick news from DC/MD/VA walmart managers. There is camping allowed most stores have already 6-10 systems. Now here is the kicker and I might even take advantage of this. No walmart store in our area is handing out tickets. For all non 24 hour walmarts, the first person to the counter is the first with a system. Basically if you are there and some Ass is sleeping or you get the drop on people then its all yours, Me and a couple of friends are going to basically try and outwit the idiots waiting on line in tents about 15 feet away from the doors at about 5:30. Is it dangerous yes, do i care that they waited that long and turned away others due to their greed and utter lack of humanity, not a bit and actually i would probably laugh at them as I walked out, subsequently getting a bottle full of urine to the head, but getting my PS3.

[quote name='FantasiaWHT']Wal-mart in my town will not be getting ANY PS3's... they are giving out 10 rainchecks to the first 10 customers.

Two Wal-marts nearby are 24-hour Walmarts, they will both be starting lines in the lay-away department at 7am on Thursday morning. One said maybe 10 systems, the other said maybe 20 systems.

Btw...

THOSE fuck-NUTS AT fucking EBAY fucking CANCELLED MY fucking PS3 LISTING!!!! (Btw, when you shaq-fu in all caps, the filter doesn't catch it)

I made absolutely 100% sure it conformed to the PS3 listing policies (even though they didn't technically apply because I had a real system, not a preorder) and even confirmed it with at least 2 CSR's that what I was doing was ok

(Yes, the Japanese PS3 I had in hand and was ready to ship overnight to the winner... and now I have no market advantage, I'll be selling post-launch with everyone else)[/quote]
You had no market advantage anyway; you were trying to sell it at $2750. Plus, I'm not sure about this, but I could have sworn I read somewhere on ebay that you were only allowed to sell U.S. PS3s before the 11/17 release date.

Good luck to you selling it post-launch though.

[quote name='Kidtrunks1128']"Wally World" does not refer to Wal-Mart, but to Wally Szczerbiak of the Boston Celtics. Get your references straight![/quote]

Actually, Wally World refers to the amusement park that is the end goal in National Lampoon's Vacation.

Get your references straight!

And 9 out of 10 people think "Walmart" when they hear Wally World.

TBW

[quote name='Oswald9599']So some quick news from DC/MD/VA walmart managers. There is camping allowed most stores have already 6-10 systems. Now here is the kicker and I might even take advantage of this. No walmart store in our area is handing out tickets. For all non 24 hour walmarts, the first person to the counter is the first with a system. Basically if you are there and some Ass is sleeping or you get the drop on people then its all yours, Me and a couple of friends are going to basically try and outwit the idiots waiting on line in tents about 15 feet away from the doors at about 5:30. Is it dangerous yes, do i care that they waited that long and turned away others due to their greed and utter lack of humanity, not a bit and actually i would probably laugh at them as I walked out, subsequently getting a bottle full of urine to the head, but getting my PS3.[/quote]

Hey dumb ass, you will totally get your ass kicked if you try it. Do you remember the post here last week about some 30 something idiot beating a 15 year kid in a game store over the last copy of Gears of War? This is a fucking PS3. There is no way that you could pull this off and not have a trip to the hospital.

TBW

well dipshit, how about you grow some balls, Im not some 15 year old kid buddy and who said I was going alone, there is only 6 people out there waiting, 3 of which are older females. Once again the point being just because those people are there does not mean they are granted a system.

Just asked my walmart how many they where getting and they said "15"

They already had out tony hawk 8, madden, and marvel ultimate alliance for the ps3 as well as some sixaxis controllers. The controllers seemed really light, and that was in one of the big ass containers.

My town is probably 10,000 people population.

well, my nearest 24 hr walmart (amherst, nh) had people waiting since i called earlier at around 6pm est... I stopped by just to take a look, and they had placed a 'ps3 line stops here sign' saying they would most likely not get the 10 minimum.. there were at least 15 people in line... some people aren't gonna be too happy come 24 hrs from now or so, heh...

also for anyone else in southern nh that cares.. lines have already formed at best buy (25+) and circuit city (~5) as of ~8pm est... i did not bother to even ask how many they have, but my guess is not much more for cc and probably over the limit for best buy.

here's to camping in front of my computer on launch day. cheers all!

walmart here in waco tx got 6 (60 gig) and 4 (20 gig). i was 7th in line. they honored their ad and gave out 4 rainchecks for the missing 60 gigs. i took a raincheck.

bread's done
Back