Wal*Mart Sales...Starfox Assault, Dragon Quest VIII, Shadow...

Gamerguy

CAGiversary!
I just got back from the Wal*Mart in Indian Harbor Beach (Melbourne), FL and they're having a "rollback" sale for the holidays. No idea if this is national, but it looked like it from the way they were labeled. Here are some of the things I remember:
Dragon Quest VIII - $41
Mario Kart DS - $28
Shadow the Hedgehog (all consoles) - $41
Starfox Assault - $24.99 (regularly $49.99)
King Kong (PS2, XBX, GC) - $41
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat w/ Bongos - $40 (Same price as game alone)

There were at least 10 other games that had the $9 markdown from $49.99.

[quote name='evanft']DQ8 will be $35 before coupon at Best Buy after Christmas, so meh.[/QUOTE] It will?! o.o Iwill have to look into it. With coupon it would be $25. Not bad at all.

Star Fox Assault looks like the best deal to me. would've had it for $9 from the sam goody's/media play sale, but the ass wipes threw a SF Adventures disc into a SF Assault case with a SF Assault manual. i was too lazy and not cheap enough to return it.

[quote name='slidecage']i got an email something about

Gamecrazy had Dragon quest 8 for 29.99 this week????[/QUOTE]

I got that too and was going to start a thread. But I forgot and I'm too lazy... and maybe someone else already posted it... or maybe everyone already knows about it.

[quote name='evanft']DQ8 will be $35 before coupon at Best Buy after Christmas, so meh.[/QUOTE]

?!?!?!

Please explain how one can get this for $35? What is this coupon? Links? Explaination?

Details, please. Someone?

Yup, just checked and someone posted the latest Best Buy ad for after Christmas. Now I have to figure out what this $10 coupon is and where to get it.

I don't have a Best Buy near me. So I usually ignore those. I found the $10 off coupon. What is obvious to some is not for others.

Man, I wish I had a Walmart around here. If so I'd get Star Fox in a heartbeat. Too bad I graduated Florida Tech 2 years ago...

[quote name='pthagonal']Dragon Quest VIII is worth the full $50 you bastards! Seriously, some games you shouldnt be so cheap on. ;)[/QUOTE]

I would've bought it at full price when it came out but the art style pushed me away. If I can get it for $29 at BB with the coupon, I just may bite. :)

[quote name='PikaPichu']I would've bought it at full price when it came out but the art style pushed me away. If I can get it for $29 at BB with the coupon, I just may bite. :)[/QUOTE]

What, still having nightmares about Celda? Pfft.

I've used six of those $10 Best Buy coupons and have had no problems. But, it does clearly say on the coupon that it's not valid with other offers. The last time I tried using a GGC on a "sale" item, the cashier wouldn't let me use it. I don't know if it's a cashier dependent thing or that it won't ring up. If somebody gets it to work, I'm all over DQ8 for $25; freakin' loved DW7! Now all I'll need is a PS2 to play it on. :rofl:

Star Fox Assault really needs to drop under $20. Hell, it should've been released for that (although the music alone is almost worth playing the game for).

[quote name='Gamerguy']I just got back from the Wal*Mart in Indian Harbor Beach (Melbourne), FL and they're having a "rollback" sale for the holidays. No idea if this is national, but it looked like it from the way they were labeled. Here are some of the things I remember:
Dragon Quest VIII - $41
Mario Kart DS - $28
Shadow the Hedgehog (all consoles) - $41
Starfox Assault - $24.99 (regularly $49.99)
King Kong (PS2, XBX, GC) - $41
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat w/ Bongos - $40 (Same price as game alone)

There were at least 10 other games that had the $9 markdown from $49.99.[/QUOTE]

I just noticed that Dragon Quest VIII is available for $34.99 at Bestbuy.com.

bread's done
Back