Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

So does Walmart have to honor the price that is shown on their website, as long as its in good condition, and everything is included?

I might save myself the hassle, of selling on ebay, since I can make a decent amount, by just trading them into walmart.

Thanks.
They haven't pulled a quick one on anybody, so yes, they will honor it (thus far).

So I had some gift cards laying around + the extra $ from trade ins. Went ahead and tried to buy the credit gift cards.

Gift cards won't work on

• Visa cards
  • Ranged denominations ($20-$500)
Gift cards will work on

• Mastercard cards
  • American Express cards
I tried buying the ranged denominations first, failed miserably. Tried the $25 afterwards ($4 fee). Worked with no problem, so I tried a $100 visa card ($5 fee), failed. Finally tried a $50 Mastercard and it went through without any hassle. Tried one more $100 mastercard, went smoothly.

Hope this information helps.
You tried it on the computer or in a store?

thanks they just received  my copies of gow 3 i just traded  in 3  trying to get mario kart 8 for cheap lol. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So I had some gift cards laying around + the extra $ from trade ins. Went ahead and tried to buy the credit gift cards.

Gift cards won't work on

• Visa cards
  • Ranged denominations ($20-$500)
Gift cards will work on

• Mastercard cards
  • American Express cards
I tried buying the ranged denominations first, failed miserably. Tried the $25 afterwards ($4 fee). Worked with no problem, so I tried a $100 visa card ($5 fee), failed. Finally tried a $50 Mastercard and it went through without any hassle. Tried one more $100 mastercard, went smoothly.

Hope this information helps.
That helps. Seeing as Mastercard is pretty much taken anywhere Visa is, it's just as good. Am Ex.. not so much. :p

I'll just get Mastercards then.

some people gotten it after a couple of days some people still waiting but on the FAQ section it states after receiving product it can take 2 to 4 weeks so it going to be ymmv with this program probably
The email, that says my package was received, said, "our evaluation team will process the items and send you an email update within seven days." Last time, my GC was emailed the same day.

Anyone actually put these in a FedEx Express drop box? Their website says you aren't supposed to put Ground packages in those drop boxes, but I'm guessing people do it anyway without knowing. My nearest FedEx store is farther away than nearest drop box.

Good news on Mastercards working. Can they be combined for a larger than $100 purchase? I'll probably be picking up a few of them once they pay me for my trades.

I have used the drop box twice so far. I thought it even said on the drop box something like "All Fed Ex services accepted here" or something like that. It shouldn't be a problem.

Anyone actually put these in a FedEx Express drop box? Their website says you aren't supposed to put Ground packages in those drop boxes, but I'm guessing people do it anyway without knowing. My nearest FedEx store is farther away than nearest drop box.

Good news on Mastercards working. Can they be combined for a larger than $100 purchase? I'll probably be picking up a few of them once they pay me for my trades.
I doubt it. They will probably have to do separate transactions for each 100 dollar purchase.

Do not put a ground in an express box, it will be delayed....

what dose walmart plan to do with these games sell them instore or only online? it's strange that' they ship the games even from instore trades to warehouse

Mudafuk I AM THIRSTY FOR TRADES. And obviously flippers aren't going to share the wealth, because it would kill it for them. I mean you can literally trade in as much as you want so if someone finds a good TIV/flip they can singlehandedly kill it themselves and share it when it's too late.

Mudafuk I AM THIRSTY FOR TRADES. And obviously flippers aren't going to share the wealth, because it would kill it for them. I mean you can literally trade in as much as you want so if someone finds a good TIV/flip they can singlehandedly kill it themselves and share it when it's too late.
You ain't thirsty for trades. You just thirsty, playa!

They gotta get that bread.

take a few minute an do some leg work yourself. i dont blame the flippers for not wanting to share when people cannot even attempt to spend 30 second searching wally's tiv.

That's not true sir. Call of Duty Ghosts, Ni No Kuni, and Gears of War 3 were all mentioned. Nothing else has engineered higher profit margins. If they did they'll be mentioned too.

Thanks for posting that link YellowGameBoyColor. Doesn't it feel good when you do some of the legwork and stumble upon a great flip we can all benefit from? 

The thought of Walmart credit has never gotten my thirst levels up so high. Ranch Wings could single handedly bring down GS if everyone just tried them once using their Ni No Kuni and GOW3 credit

bread's done
Back