Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

There's nothing wrong with walmarts chicken I eat Taco Bell enough so that I now have an iron stomach and never shit so I will definitely eat walmarts ranch wings all day erryday

I started the Walmart ranch wings movement lol, glad I'm getting people to start trying them. Two best wing flavors in the world are Walmart ranch wings and Wingstop garlic parmesan wings. Don't disagree because you're wrong.

sorry for the off topic wing talk but there hasn't anything to talk about since NNK and GOW3. :(
gotta talk about something

I use get the ranch wings and wedges all the time, when I first moved to Arizona..but for some reason they discontinued them...shi*t, was crazy...if you f*ck around and get to Wal-Mart late, all the wings will be gone..lol

Yeah ranch wings at WingZone here were the best, then they discontinued them.  It wasl ike baked in not just covered with sauce like the other places do.

[quote name="YellowGameboyColor" post="11683282" timestamp="1397214312"]There's nothing wrong with walmarts chicken I eat Taco Bell enough so that I now have an iron stomach and never shit so I will definitely eat walmarts ranch wings all day erryday[/quote] I am pretty much the same way. Hell I can eat Tommys and feel fine, and that has the heaviest food of all time. Taco Bell has never made me sick despite what many say about it.

RiceQuake's stomach can handle it. He could eat the walmart chicken while dancing like Duane while eating Little Baby's Ice Cream off of his head. Haven't you seen his sig? His digestive tract would be fine.
my-body-is-ready.png

So i was able to take in 12 of the same, and 6 of the same games, brand-new, to Walmart, and trade them all in.

The person said theres no limit, and they knew what i was doing. So if anyone was wondering, it shouldnt be any trouble.

can we stop bring up pepsiman he is old schol member im asuming im new here so i dont knw bout old member i admit i do drink pepsi but thats becaus it is best soda and actualy the walmart trade in program is gret becus u can buy soda with trade in credit so even if u have crapy game 4 $1 u can trade it in and buy a botle of pepsi.
Brought to you by Pepsi and Wal-Mart

can we stop bring up pepsiman he is old schol member im asuming im new here so i dont knw bout old member i admit i do drink pepsi but thats becaus it is best soda and actualy the walmart trade in program is gret becus u can buy soda with trade in credit so even if u have crapy game 4 $1 u can trade it in and buy a botle of pepsi.
Nah, I just buy Walmart brand. 40 cents cheaper and much better

Last edited by a moderator:
Some relevant info for you guys...

I thought I had discovered a loophole in the buying of prepaid cards but as of now I can not confirm if it will work for everyone or not.  What I did was place an order online for a $200 American Express gc and also a $25 regal (I figured I'd include something that walmart gift cards are valid on - which includes all restaurant gcs - just in case it would make a difference.) but with the cash payment option which means you just pay at any register in the store with whatever payment method you want. 

Once I got there to the store, I just went to one of the regular registers and the cashier just scanned the online order bar code that I printed off and the register came up with the total and asked for card to be swiped just like a normal transaction would.  I have her scan the e-gift card and it came up with "authorization in progress" and then a few seconds later it totaled $0 so it had accepted it and I was thrilled! 

A thought dawned upon me then that maybe my store was just one of those which allow Amex, Mastercard, etc. to be purchased with a walmart gift card and fast forwarding ahead I walked out with a $100 Amex that processed through just fine. 

I was a little bummed, honestly, that I cannot confirm the loophole and it may just work for those select stores where you can just buy a physical Amex, Mastercard, etc. instore anyway.  However, I encourage someone to try it out at a store which doesn't allow the regular instore purchase of a Amex or Mastercard so we can all know for sure.

I also noticed upon my second time through checkout they had moneypak cards.  This was the tobacco checkout aisle, where they were up above the rack of other various gift cards.  Ideally, this would be the least costly method to convert walmart gcs since you can add up to $1000 on a single card and the fee is only $4.95.  Not to mention this can be deposited directly into your bank account from Paypal.   I'll have to try one of those next time.

I decided to try to trade in a copy of New Super Mario Bros that had the case but no artwork. When I tried to trade it in at my local Walmart the employee said they couldn't take it since it didn't have the booklet. I was under the impression the booklet wasn't needed.

I decided to try to trade in a copy of New Super Mario Bros that had the case but no artwork. When I tried to trade it in at my local Walmart the employee said they couldn't take it since it didn't have the booklet. I was under the impression the booklet wasn't needed.
It isn't, especially since most newer releases don't have a booklet in the first place.

Some relevant info for you guys...

I thought I had discovered a loophole in the buying of prepaid cards but as of now I can not confirm if it will work for everyone or not. What I did was place an order online for a $200 American Express gc and also a $25 regal (I figured I'd include something that walmart gift cards are valid on - which includes all restaurant gcs - just in case it would make a difference.) but with the cash payment option which means you just pay at any register in the store with whatever payment method you want.
Thanks for the information. I was wondering if restaurant gift cards would work or not.

I assume you need a Sam's Club membership to order from their website?
you dont NEED one, but they will charge a 10% mark up if your not a member. so $20 eshop card becomes $20.77

eshop cards are also online only and shipping is free and pretty quick, took 3 days from date i ordered to arrive

Tried to buy a moneypak tonight and it didn't work.  Neither any other "choose your own amount" prepaids.  I settled for another $100 but a Mastercard this time and had a little trouble getting it to go through at a self check out. 

I had two in-store credit cards from consolidating some egift cards and the first one I'd swipe it and it would say please wait and then revert back to "please swipe card".  Ended up swipping it four times and the same thing everytime.  The fourth time I actually just scanned the barcode on the back thinking it would make a difference but it didn't.  So I then try swiping the other card once and exactly as before it reverts back to "please swipe card."  Then I scanned it and it finally accepted it after a moment. 

I can't make reason what the issue was but the attendant was getting curious at that point so I quickly left without buying the other $100 Amex I had in my hand.  Maybe it matters whether payment is a physical store credit card or an egift card maybe... i don't know. 

Anyway, after all, if you won't spend the credit on merchandise it looks like the best option if you have several hundred credit is to do the online order for a $200 prepaid and pay for it at the store.  Only $6.24 fee for $200 compared to $5.64 per $100 at the store since that is the highest amountl they carry, at least around here.

I will guess the way there tiv are calculated based on how many submissions they get. I will say alot people locked in trades with target buy 2 get 1 free sale last week

Infamous Second Son 6 dollars.

This program's dead and buried.
I traded in a copy for $41... they still haven't given me credit for (not going to the local WM here, it's awful). I wonder if they'll try to use some kind of "sorry, item damaged" excuse to deny me.

EDIT* Just checked the tracking... and as of yesterday (Saturday), it was on the truck for delivery and hasn't been updated. So either the guy didn't scan it once it was delivered or... I dunno.

I traded in a copy for $41... they still haven't given me credit for (not going to the local WM here, it's awful). I wonder if they'll try to use some kind of "sorry, item damaged" excuse to deny me.

EDIT* Just checked the tracking... and as of yesterday (Saturday), it was on the truck for delivery and hasn't been updated. So either the guy didn't scan it once it was delivered or... I dunno.
If they didn't deny $47 for Ni No Kuni or $22 for Gears of War 3, I doubt they deny a realistic value of $41 for Second Son.

Hahahaha, so that's how you spell that word? My bad for the poor internet spelling. I'll try to make my future words sound less like racial slurs. lol
Actually, both re-nig, nag, neg, nigged and renege. Are all the same words by definition and or pronunciation. Renege just happens to be the word that is used more often over the other ones. I can see how your spelling of it can be confused as a racial slur, but personally I don't exactly see it as one. It's just one of those words that people have either never seen or heard of and just decided to question if it's real or not. :whistle2:

You should stick to the two words that are used far more frequently though. Which happen to be 'renege' and 'reneged' to avoid further confusion.

Actually, both re-nig, nag, neg, nigged and renege. Are all the same words by definition and or pronunciation. Renege just happens to be the word that is used more often over the other ones. I can see how your spelling of it can be confused as a racial slur, but personally I don't exactly see it as one. It's just one of those words that people have either never seen or heard of and just decided to question if it's real or not. :whistle2:

You should stick to the two words that are used far more frequently though. Which happen to be 'renege' and 'reneged' to avoid further confusion.
I will do no such thing. This is America. I will speak American as much and as wrong as Obama will let me!

Temporary glitch maybe but Infamous Second Son has a trade in value over 40 dollars again. The Walmart trade in program has been resurrected.

Tried to buy a moneypak tonight and it didn't work. Neither any other "choose your own amount" prepaids. I settled for another $100 but a Mastercard this time and had a little trouble getting it to go through at a self check out.

I had two in-store credit cards from consolidating some egift cards and the first one I'd swipe it and it would say please wait and then revert back to "please swipe card". Ended up swipping it four times and the same thing everytime. The fourth time I actually just scanned the barcode on the back thinking it would make a difference but it didn't. So I then try swiping the other card once and exactly as before it reverts back to "please swipe card." Then I scanned it and it finally accepted it after a moment.

I can't make reason what the issue was but the attendant was getting curious at that point so I quickly left without buying the other $100 Amex I had in my hand. Maybe it matters whether payment is a physical store credit card or an egift card maybe... i don't know.

Anyway, after all, if you won't spend the credit on merchandise it looks like the best option if you have several hundred credit is to do the online order for a $200 prepaid and pay for it at the store. Only $6.24 fee for $200 compared to $5.64 per $100 at the store since that is the highest amountl they carry, at least around here.
Can you clarify what difference does it make to make an online order for a prepaid CC versus doing it in-store? Is it because the egiftcards don't work for in-store transactions? iirc, somebody said you can't make an online order for a prepaid CC using the egiftcards. Although it seems like your method is saying it works when you choose the cash option to fulfill in-store.

I had some games that made it to the processing center last Thursday, acknowledged receipt Friday, and I got my gift card email today. Really pretty fast.

skyward sword game only - $30.24

skyward sword with music cd - $4.28

not sure if its worth the risk of removing the cd and tray from the box and trying to send it in as game only, but the picture for "game only" shows the soundtrack cover and the picture for "with cd" shows gold wii remote bundle cover.

i'm sure someone will try and let us know in 2 weeks after the trade in drops to pennies.

irrelevant edit: just noticed if you search xbox GOW3 is the first game to pop up and NNK is first for playstation, had a laugh. nintendo nets NSMB wii, SM3DW, and yeah skyward sword no cd

is anyone else seeing a PIN number on their eGift cards?

I printed one about a week ago and see the PIN. but now when I check them online, no PIN is given

is anyone else seeing a PIN number on their eGift cards?

I printed one about a week ago and see the PIN. but now when I check them online, no PIN is given
Well, that's weird. I don't see one, either.

Also, "PIN number"? :lol:

Well, that's weird. I don't see one, either.

Also, "PIN number"? :lol:
i was just about to consolidate all my cards too.

& thanks for the response you CAGer :D/

--

any idea if the PIN is needed for in-store purchases?

i was just about to consolidate all my cards too.

& thanks for the response you CAGer :D/

--

any idea if the PIN is needed for in-store purchases?
Happy to oblige. :bouncy:

I'm not sure if you need the PIN when using e-GCs, but I know you don't for physical GCs since the employee runs the card through then scans it without entering any numbers (at least, that's what happened last night when I used a physical GC).

Can you clarify what difference does it make to make an online order for a prepaid CC versus doing it in-store? Is it because the egiftcards don't work for in-store transactions? iirc, somebody said you can't make an online order for a prepaid CC using the egiftcards. Although it seems like your method is saying it works when you choose the cash option to fulfill in-store.
I just did the same thing he mentioned. I placed an order for American Express gift card online then choose cash option. Went into the store to pay for it with the egift card at customer service since the cashier didn't know how to do that. Walked out with the american express gift card fully paid, just gotta wait for it to ship.

I just did the same thing he did. I placed an order to American Express online then choose cash option. Went into the store to pay for it with the egift card at customer service since the cashier didn't know how to do that. Walked out with the american express gift card fully paid, just gotta wait for it to ship.
Awesome thank you. I get denied whenever I buy restaurant gift cards there and I hate shopping at Walmart since it is so dirty I feel like I need to take a shower whenever I visit.

bread's done
Back