Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

Awesome thank you. I get denied whenever I buy restaurant gift cards there and I hate shopping at Walmart since it is so dirty I feel like I need to take a shower whenever I visit.
I found a silver dime laying on the floor there the other day. So shopping there isn't all bad!

after they would not let me get a visa with the game credit I broke down and bought an xbone.....that pos disc drive did not work so they refunded me 488.06 in cash ...pretty good for trading in only 50 dollars worth of games

I wish there was a good way to use the current GS B2G1 on cheap games to turn a bunch of GS credit into Ranch wings, but I can't find a thing. Anyone got any ideas?

So just to make sure I'm not confused by all the prepaid card discussion, we can use the egift cards from either in store or online trades to make walmart store purchase for household stuff, food or (of course) ranch wings, correct?

So just to make sure I'm not confused by all the prepaid card discussion, we can use the egift cards from either in store or online trades to make walmart store purchase for household stuff, food or (of course) ranch wings, correct?
Yes, they will work on regular store purchases no problem.

You can also convert your Ranch Wings into Dysentery for no extra charge.

Heads up as they say there is no limits, but today I went to do a trade in and guess what? My license number wasn't working (no nobody knew why). I had the girl run a different number and it would allow it. So same BS as Best Buy after a certain amount or amount of titles. I'm guessing titles as I haven't done more than $500 in store, but did do 4 of the same title.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heads up as they say there is no limits, but today I went to do a trade in and guess what? My license number wasn't working (no nobody knew why). I had the girl run a different number and it would allow it. So same BS as Best Buy after a certain amount or amount of titles. I'm guessing titles as I haven't done more than $500 in store, but did do 4 of the same title.
First person banned from WalMart trade-ins?

doubt it, I don't think the walmart system has a banning capability.
insider info? lol how would you know what their system has unless you work at walmart. stores can ban from doing non purchase slips returns so many in month not sure why they could not do this.

insider info? lol how would you know what their system has unless you work at walmart. stores can ban from doing non purchase slips returns so many in month not sure why they could not do this.
Its not being done on a register, its on a kiosk computer. Its the same system as you would do it online, but they ask for more information due to "pawn shop laws".

if they dont start doing promos than it would appear gamestop is still the best if you are looking for other games. obviously walmart has the huge advantage of selling so much more

if they dont start doing promos than it would appear gamestop is still the best if you are looking for other games. obviously walmart has the huge advantage of selling so much more
I'd think that with radioshack and target both having promo, its a good indication that walmart would to since they all use cex.

Not sure if these are really worth it. But Wonderful 101 is on clearance at a lot of Toys R Us stores for $12 and it trades in for $17.85

Also if you can find a Skyward Sword for $20 at either Target or Kmart it's worth $29 at Walmart.

somehow transfer it into a prepaid credits card then buy amazon card someplace else. Walmart doesn't sell amazon cards or anything associated with amazon

The Wal-Mart stores in my local area and outside of my city. Are still selling Amazon Gift Cards. I can't speak for Kindles or Kindle gift cards, since the demo station was taken over by iPad's and iPad Mini's. I actually went there yesterday and they were still selling Amazon gift cards.

I can only seem to find Articles on the internet only saying Wal-Mart stopped selling Kindles. From the one I also read, it also seems Target Corp has stopped or is stopping to sell them as well. I didn't see anything about regular Amazon gift cards being totally taken out of all Wal-Mart stores though.

Little_Big_Adventure_2_cover.jpg

Not sure if these are really worth it. But Wonderful 101 is on clearance at a lot of Toys R Us stores for $12 and it trades in for $17.85

Also if you can find a Skyward Sword for $20 at either Target or Kmart it's worth $29 at Walmart.
After tax wonderful 101 would be like a $5 flip. Not worth it at this point. Perhaps if it hits 70-80% off.

Wonderful 101 is $17 base at Best Buy. I'd much rather have credit there over Wal Mart.

......In fact, I do have a copy of 101 that I need to take in tomorrow.

Wonderful 101 is $17 base at Best Buy. I'd much rather have credit there over Wal Mart.

......In fact, I do have a copy of 101 that I need to take in tomorrow.
hey i rather have credit at walmart than bestbuy. credit at walmart can buy gas...I need the gas money to get to walmart looool

bread's done
Back