Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

Have you seen the trade values? Outside of two specific games they're terrible. You'd be better off trading games to Gamestop. Early on will be the best and only time this program will have any real value.
Scratch that. Outside of one specific game the trade values are horrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I had gotten in on that Ni No Kuni but saw it shortly after it got tanked.  Good sign that Walmart is going to be making some silly price points, bad sign that it looks like they're going to be on top of quickly tanking things.

I think the reason they launched the website first before allowing in-store was to catch shit like this, and nuke abused TIVs pre-emptively like Amazon does.

Would not be surprised if we see some cancellations. Unfortunately, I did not have the disposable income this week to have jumped in on Ni No Kuni. :(

Congrats and good luck to people who got in though, as for the guy who flipped 19 copies, you can go and fuck right off.

I think the reason they launched the website first before allowing in-store was to catch shit like this, and nuke abused TIVs pre-emptively like Amazon does.

Would not be surprised if we see some cancellations. Unfortunately, I did not have the disposable income this week to have jumped in on Ni No Kuni. :(

Congrats and good luck to people who got in though, as for the guy who flipped 19 copies, you can go and fuck right off.
Yes, because it was most definitely me and my 19 copies I locked in online that killed the TIV and not the idiot who leaked this on SD for millions to see, get real man

Yes, because it was most definitely me and my 19 copies I locked in online that killed the TIV and not the idiot who leaked this on SD for millions to see, get real man
Where did I say this was entirely your fault? I didn't, because it isn't. But see, abdicating your personal responsibility in this situation because of the existence of a collective effort is wrong, as it existing does not mean you yourself are not somewhat responsible. I blame you, and every other person who traded in an excessive amount. You are only singled out because you are the only one who has come forward about it.

Don't pretend like what you did doesn't matter to make yourself feel better, you are just as guilty as the SDers who do the same exact shit. The only difference between CAG and SD is that one site vocally discourages this kind of shit and the other doesn't. That and SD is a little more "mainstream" to hoarders/flippers/people who make this their living because it's not limited to video game deals.

The person who posted it on SD (with the emphasis on the high TIV) is definitely responsible as well, never said that wasn't the case.

I was able to lock in my trade in values as well, thanks guys. The question is though can't Walmart unilaterally change what you get for it once it arrives? I thought this was in the terms and conditions of the trade in??

I was able to lock in my trade in values as well, thanks guys. The question is though can't Walmart unilaterally change what you get for it once it arrives? I thought this was in the terms and conditions of the trade in??
technically if something changes they send you an email to accept the lower value, is what i read anyway. i guess if you dont accept they would return it

Might be a good time to list extra copies of Ni no Kuni on Craigslist for all the SD'ers that locked in multiple copies and now are going to frantically search for copies anywhere they can find them to fulfill the number they said they will be sending in.

Have you read his sig on SD? Ever since I saw that, I can't help but chuckle and shake my head every time I see him there. :roll:
hahahah i just saw it. you have to click to view. I didn't get a special mention? :)

"CAG is full of whiners and crybabies who report every little thing because they're easily offended. Fark them all."

It was posted by the lurker banned from here. Didn't need to be leaked.
Edited to reflect this. I also realize some of the wording in the first few sentences was off (blame it being Sunday), I touched it up a bit for anyone who was confused.

Might be a good time to list extra copies of Ni no Kuni on Craigslist for all the SD'ers that locked in multiple copies and now are going to frantically search for copies anywhere they can find them to fulfill the number they said they will be sending in.
I like this thinking, might as well make a buck off of the excessive flippers. I would "like it" but I'm at the quota already.

hahahah i just saw it. you have to click to view. I didn't get a special mention? :)

"CAG is full of whiners and crybabies who report every little thing because they're easily offended. Fark them all."
That sig should be in the slang dictionary next to the definition of "butthurt".

technically if something changes they send you an email to accept the lower value, is what i read anyway. i guess if you dont accept they would return it
That's right, except for one thing: when something changes with your game physically, they will send you an email about the TIV. Ie, you said the game has a case but sent it in without one.

From the FAQ
What if there is a discrepancy between my appraisal and the actual items received?

We want to give you a fair price so you're satisfied and use our service again. We therefore have no incentive to give you less than the amount on your initial appraisal. However, we are dependent upon being able to sell your items through other channels at a profit. So if there is a discrepancy in either condition, model name/number, or the associated accessories, we will send you an email with our revised appraisal, based on what we receive. On occasion we receive items that are different than the original appraisal in either condition, model name/number or the associated accessories. In this situation we will send you an email with our revised appraisal, based on what we received. At that point you can choose to accept our revised offer and receive prompt payment, or we will return your items to you at no cost. If we receive no response within 5 days, we will assume that you have accepted our revised offer.

Yes I know. I'm still curious what will ultimately happen to them, I guess EVENTUALLY they may be marked down to $5 but if they were gonna do so seems like they'd have done it already. I mean hell, they still have Okami at $40..... wasn't that a launch title?
They'll lower them eventually when they need to clear up some space but otherwise they'll keep them at that price indefinitely. My walmart still has tales of phantasia and other gba games for 40 bucks -_- not to mention while people normally wont buy those at that price some may and as we all know walmart is in it for dem profits. I still kick myself for not buying legend of dragoon when mine had it for 5$ new.

Just read this post he made. It is definitely IATCG:

When their return policy was very lax I used to turn $10 games into $60 gc's and $1 books from Dollar Tree into $35 gc's all the time. Wink So believe me, WM bent over more than a couple times for me over the years.Stick Out Tongue
But you could confirm by asking him about GTA IV; when he brings up flying planes through buildings you'll know its him. He used to tell that story and the one about kids messing up his grandfather's lawn frequently.

Just read this post he made. It is definitely IATCG:

But you could confirm by asking him about GTA IV; when he brings up flying planes through buildings you'll know its him. He used to tell that story and the one about kids messing up his grandfather's lawn frequently.
That quote made me visibly cringe, please tell me "Wink" and "Stick Out Tongue" were emoticon shortcuts or something and not actually typed out.

"Leaked" to SlickDeals? It's not like CAG is some sort of secret society.

IATCG is no Edward Snowden. If he hadn't done it, someone else would have shortly after I'm sure.

"Leaked" to SlickDeals? It's not like CAG is some sort of secret society.

IATCG is no Edward Snowden. If he hadn't done it, someone else would have shortly after I'm sure.
Agreed. I would dislike whoever did it equally, it being IATCG is only relevant if he did it out of spite over his ban (which he probably did, which is probably why anyone is making a big deal about it, thus accomplishing what he set out to do/feeds his ego).

Locking in the value only helped tank the price down. This would have been easier to do instore than mailing the item where any damn thing can go wrong.

Locked in a trade for my Ni No Kuni. The picture shows a different cover than the GH copy I have. Anyone think this will matter?

It's actually 100% of members that posted in that thread and 100% of members that posted in this thread.
Joke's on you. I didn't get in on time. Looks like I'm still the 1%. :p

Edit: Since the definition of reseller is contested, I can't say that I'm not one. But I can at least say I do not buy numerous copies of a thing to resell at an inflated price/trade-in (trade-ins can technically be considered reselling, which is why I say the definition is contested), and that I do not hoard copies of one particular item (I hoard different games, physically, and digitally on XBLM and Steam/Desura, but those are for my own collection and/or use with the occasional double (or even triple) just because, and yes sometimes I'll buy a spare copy for a flip).

Let's be realistic. No one here said, "no, I'll keep my copy of Ni no Kuni".

For me, trade in's are simply a money maker for Amazon (where I trade in the most). I rather keep all my games but if I see a great TIV and can get the game / item for cheap, I'll buy it than trade it in.

Just as the store is going to give customers $2 for a game and sell it back for $30. It's all a game / strategy on both parties. 

People talk bad about Slickdeals but there are people on this site that knowingly trade in games to Amazon that require accessories (but without them, like a Rock Revolution Guitar Set but without the guitar). When they don't get their way they keep submitting it over and over until they get an ignorant grader who gives them credit.

People talk bad about Slickdeals but there are people on this site that knowingly trade in games to Amazon that require accessories (but without them, like a Rock Revolution Guitar Set but without the guitar). When they don't get their way they keep submitting it over and over until they get an ignorant grader who gives them credit.
And I still say that they're just as bad.

Let's be realistic. No one here said, "no, I'll keep my copy of Ni no Kuni".

For me, trade in's are simply a money maker for Amazon (where I trade in the most). I rather keep all my games but if I see a great TIV and can get the game / item for cheap, I'll buy it than trade it in.

Just as the store is going to give customers $2 for a game and sell it back for $30. It's all a game / strategy on both parties.
It's not necessarily that it's being done at all. I just personally take exception when it's done EXCESSIVELY (see 19 copies).

bread's done
Back