Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

why do people have their undies in a bunch about someone posting at SD? Half the deals on deal sites start on OTHER deal sites like CAG, SD, and FW. Share and share alike. Somewhere there are probably 5 guys who hate computers, found this deal themselves and are complaining about all of YOU for not doing your own discovery. LOL

Besides I bet more than half the people in here are members of all those sites. We're in the same community even if the URL is different.

There once was a thing called a backlog that was very common on this site. It was a tradition to complain about the old backlog piling up every time there was a good deal on a good game. These backlogs were too large for people to search for games one by one.

These mythical creatures have disappeared. Now all that is left is the waste of bad games and rotting integrity.
Nothing screams first world problems like "oh no I have too many games to play ".

No surprise. They killed gears. It was 20+ a hour ago, now $1. Time to find the new flip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forza Horizon is still sitting at 18.48 (Yeah, I've locked mine in, it's okay). 

I locked in a Gears last night...didn't even know it was that high, just started typing in titles of my 360 collection (sold my 360 off, trading in the games my buddy didn't want). Went HOLY CRAP and then came here...saw everyone else had already jumped on it hahah. 

Well guess what, he's in a forum that doesn't demonize everything he says. So guess what he's gonna do, embrace them.

This was a long time comin', guys. Sooner or later after getting flamed, you knew former members were gonna drift off to other deal sites and post our methods.

Lesson to be learned here, respect your fellow members and do flame him away to other deal sites.
Yup, respect each other. So many people in so many threads are all too keen to attack others for trivial things. I say if you wouldn't behave that way face to face, you shouldn't behave that way in a thread. My problem is how it is never the rude asshole who gets the final punishment, but rather the offended party. IATCG contributed plenty over the years, but he was brought down by the CAG morality police, or rather his inability to ignore them. And for those of you who hate SD, Fatwallet and Reddit, you're just missing out. CAG has slipped in my estimation since 3.0 was released, but then again it may just be growing pains. The folks on here who get their panties in a twist when someone shares a deal publically are laughable. Just imagine if no one ever started a thread, no sharing = no CAG. If you consider CAG as some Elite club you're a fool.

Dammit my copy of Infamous SS is the "Limited Edition" (not collectors) which isn't listed on Walmarts site. Wonder if they'll take it or not.

A good investment?! I don't care if I was handed $1,000 cash, this is crazy. Your personal info, which should only ever be presented to law enforcement or for medical purposes, is now in a database. One that could be hacked, and ALL of your info be stolen. Or abused. Or sold to the highest bidder. Not just your name and address, but your picture, your height, weight, everything about you.
This is just paranoia.

Heres a newsflash for you, your is already out there.

Have a Facebook page or a Twitter account?

How about a cell phone?

Ever booked a hotel room or a rental car?

Your info has been floating around for years, sold to the highest bidder for marketing purposes.

Unless you have something to hide, you shouldn't be so worried about it.

This is just paranoia.

How about a cell phone?

Your info has been floating around for years, sold to the highest bidder for marketing purposes.

^This.

There once was a thing called a backlog that was very common on this site. It was a tradition to complain about the old backlog piling up every time there was a good deal on a good game. These backlogs were too large for people to search for games one by one.

These mythical creatures have disappeared. Now all that is left is the waste of bad games and rotting integrity.
No, there's still a couple of those mythical creatures roaming around. According to my Backloggery, I have 427 unfinished games in my backlog. I try not to complain about it piling up because I haven't been putting in enough effort to get through it :p

Makes me wonder just how much I could get for my entire collection though.... I wonder if Walmart wouldn't mind if I brought in all of my games just to check their TIV for me.

Of course I ignore this thread because I saw some of the TiV's were a joke but then miss the GoW3 debacle. Oh well.

No, there's still a couple of those mythical creatures roaming around. According to my Backloggery, I have 427 unfinished games in my backlog. I try not to complain about it piling up because I haven't been putting in enough effort to get through it :p

Makes me wonder just how much I could get for my entire collection though.... I wonder if Walmart wouldn't mind if I brought in all of my games just to check their TIV for me.
Please do!

Oh man if I brought in all my games and asked TiVs for each then I didn't trade them in? I think they'd ban me for life.

The walmarts by me the lady's working guest services hate doing anything. They were pissed when they found out when I brought games in that they had to do trade ins now too.

Once you lock in your trade online, can you do the trade ins at the store and print out the trade value sheet or do u have to ship the items?

Once you lock in your trade online, can you do the trade ins at the store and print out the trade value sheet or do u have to ship the items?
Probably not as I don't think any other trade in program does this...at least not that I'm aware. If they did they'd just be setting themselves up for people to take advantage of them big time (more than people already do with flips).

fraud is very prevalant here In Florida cause of the immigrants that's why they need driver id here.
So just because your an immigrant you commit fraud? Last time I checked you don't need to be a citizen to get a state issued ID. Everybody may not meet the criteria but it is an alternative to a drivers license and pretty sure all you need is a State Issued ID when doing a trade in.

Haha, hardly a thing of the past. I did two, month long "special features" on my site where I really dove into my backlog. I wish I could say it made a difference... or that the planned third installment will do anything notable. Howlongtobeat.com is your friend for this stuff though. I have started to play the backlog in order of how quick the game is (not counting the various "I really want to play this one now" type games).

Y'know, I hope WM doesn't screw up my Gears trade because they're new at this.
Yeah I locked in at the higher price, but lets hope they know how that works, and not just look at the value it is on the day they receive the games.

Has anyone been paid for games that they sent in through Fed Ex yet?

I remember seeing someone mention that they got paid for PS4 consoles, but I haven't seen a confirmation on games.

I am curious how long the process really takes, as my Ni No Kunis should be received today.

I remember seeing someone mention that they got paid for PS4 consoles, but I haven't seen a confirmation on games.

I am curious how long the process really takes, as my Ni No Kunis should be received today.
well it says on the website it can take 2 to 4 weeks to get paid after they receive items

well it says on the website it can take 2 to 4 weeks to get paid after they receive items
I got paid today.

I locked in my prices on the 18th, got them sent in on the 23rd, received an email yesterday that they received my package and were inspecting my games. This morning, I received an email that they found an issue with my order (19 games), so I was reaaaally nervous the whole thing was going to get downgraded. But, the only issue was they said that Gears of War was too scratched, so the price dropped from $.77 to $.08; everything else was perfect.

I responded to their email saying I accepted their new terms ($44 instead of $44.70), and I received a link about 30 minutes ago to redeem my giftcard!

It worked flawlessly, and I made about $30 more than I would have trading these older games into Gamestop.

I locked my gow3 trades online as well..but I'm not too confident in Wal-Mart at this point..I don't want to be stuck with several copies of GOW3.

I got paid today.

I locked in my prices on the 18th, got them sent in on the 23rd, received an email yesterday that they received my package and were inspecting my games. This morning, I received an email that they found an issue with my order (19 games), so I was reaaaally nervous the whole thing was going to get downgraded. But, the only issue was they said that Gears of War was too scratched, so the price dropped from $.77 to $.08; everything else was perfect.

I responded to their email saying I accepted their new terms ($44 instead of $44.70), and I received a link about 30 minutes ago to redeem my giftcard!

It worked flawlessly, and I made about $30 more than I would have trading these older games into Gamestop.
Nice, thanks for the information. Based on Fedex tracking it looks like they just got mine, so hopefully I will know something tomorrow. I want to make sure they payout on Ni No Kuni before I send in a few copies of Gears. I'm not really worried about it one way or the other, but if we discover they are going to downgrade based on overvaluations I'd rather cut my losses.

I got paid today.

Could you let us know what games you sent in? I think what's making us all nervous is the insanely high tiv of ni no kuni that the majority traded in. >_>

I got paid today.

Thanks for the info!

This is just paranoia.

How about a cell phone?

I used to work real estate and you would be afraid of the stuff you can find out if you know where to look.

County recording sites are a bevy of information. Police Record history, full house plans, mortgage amount, previous addresses etc etc etc. Then add a simple service like an asset check or background check and you can find virtually anything out about a person. Nothing is private anymore.

The one thing that CAN be a pain to get is SSN. Unless you have an open birth certificate county (very few) that doesn't require ID for a birth certificate as birth records normally doesn't have SSN on it.

People are paranoid and have a right to be, but just because you don't give your info out to WM doesn't mean you're even close to protected.

Could you let us know what games you sent in? I think what's making us all nervous is the insanely high tiv of ni no kuni that the majority traded in. >_>
I can tell you right now he didn't trade in Ni no Kuni, based on how much he got. :whistle2:#
Definitely not Ni no Kuni, all pretty old 360 games, since I traded that in to get a Wii U for my son.

There were actually some pretty good values ( I think ) for their age, like COD 4: MW, Banjo Kazooie: N&B

Hopefully this formatting doesn't get messed up...

Edit: it got f'd up.

Edit: sorry for the formatting; I tried to get a nice table going...but it failed.

Game Title Original Value Revised value

Microsoft Xbox 360 Gears of War Reason:

• The surface of the disc is too heavily scratched for proper function. $0.77 $0.08

Microsoft Xbox 360 Madden NFL 09 Condition Verified. $0.78 $0.78

Microsoft Xbox 360 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas Condition Verified. $0.70 $0.70

Microsoft Xbox 360 Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Condition Verified. $4.40 $4.40

Microsoft Xbox 360 Halo 3: ODST Condition Verified. $3.02 $3.02

Microsoft Xbox 360 Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (Game Only) Condition Verified. $0.70 $0.70

Sony Playstation 3 Resistance Greatest Hits Dual Pack Condition Verified. $6.46 $6.46

Microsoft Xbox 360 Mass Effect Condition Verified. $3.97 $3.97

Microsoft Xbox 360 Bioshock Condition Verified. $3.00 $3.00

Microsoft Xbox 360 Stranglehold Condition Verified. $0.50 $0.50

Microsoft Xbox 360 Assassin's Creed Condition Verified. $3.49 $3.49

Microsoft Xbox 360 Assassin's Creed II Condition Verified. $3.46 $3.46

Microsoft Xbox 360 Mass Effect 2 Condition Verified. $2.90 $2.90

Microsoft Xbox 360 Mass Effect 2 Condition Verified. $2.90 $2.90

Microsoft Xbox 360 Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Condition Verified. $3.69 $3.69

Microsoft Xbox 360 Army of Two Condition Verified. $0.67 $0.67

Microsoft Xbox 360 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Condition Verified. $2.57 $2.57

Microsoft Xbox 360 Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Condition Verified. $0.74 $0.74

Fullmetal - do you recall how scratched up Gears was before you mailed it off?

I bet the inspector at the Texas facility is going to shit himself with all of the game trades he's going to be receiving over the next week.  First, a wave of Ni No Kuni's followed by a wave of Gears of War lol.

Fullmetal - do you recall how scratched up Gears was before you mailed it off?

I bet the inspector at the Texas facility is going to shit himself with all of the game trades he's going to be receiving over the next week. First, a wave of Ni No Kuni's followed by a wave of Gears of War lol.
I don't recall. I didn't check any of the conditions, because I've always been one to keep my stuff in their cases, and I've never had to worry about them getting scratched up. I think I loaned that one to someone, though.

Game Title Original Value Revised value

Microsoft Xbox 360 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Condition Verified. $2.57 $2.57
Thanks for all the information. I'm curious about COD 4. Was yours a special edition or anything? I was able to lock it in for $10 last night, and I can't imagine that the value has gone up since you submitted. It looks like the regular edition is the one I locked in, but not sure.

Thanks for all the information. I'm curious about COD 4. Was yours a special edition or anything? I was able to lock it in for $10 last night, and I can't imagine that the value has gone up since you submitted. It looks like the regular edition is the one I locked in, but not sure.
fuck! Are you serious?!

Mine was the standard edition COD 4. I thought it was good at $2.50 for a beaten-to-death game. How the hell did you get $10?

As expected locking in killed the value. Why can't you people not do this? Sending it in is more risky than doing it instore. Don't lock it in, you're simply making it harder for everyone.

If the stores were more competent not everyone would need to lock in. I tried to avoid it yesterday by trading in store and no one knew how to take the trade (both customer service and electronics) until I was finally told it didn't start in store until tomorrow (I knew they were wrong). Since I had already bought the games, I knew the value drop the next day and if I wanted the $21 price, they had to be locked in. Reading the thread yesterday, it looks like a lot of others had problems trading in store yesterday too.

bread's done
Back