Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

As expected locking in killed the value. Why can't you people not do this? Sending it in is more risky than doing it instore. Don't lock it in, you're simply making it harder for everyone.
We don't all have participating Wal-Marts, oh great leader of ours.

We'll all make sure to NEVER trade in games online, because that will bring down the value.

Last edited by a moderator:
As expected locking in killed the value. Why can't you people not do this? Sending it in is more risky than doing it instore. Don't lock it in, you're simply making it harder for everyone.
That value was all over this thread and slickdeals yesterday. How long did you expect it to last? For all we know, the values could have dropped from people legitimately wanting to trade online or all the people who traded in store yesterday. Plenty of people posted in this thread yesterday about going to Walmart and trading in GOW and those are just the people who took the time to post. I'm sure there were many unregistered guests and members who don't post who also traded yesterday.

I'm sorry, we should all wait for you to trade before we accommodate our own schedules. Maybe you could ask the Op to put a delay on the thread to make sure you see it before everyone else as well. Just for the record, no stores here in the O.C accept trades, so what exactly would you like me to do. I could drive 40 miles to L.A to make sure you have more time to trade.

Went to my local Walmart yesterday and they said they were not ready yet because they would need to play the game first to see if it works. Call your Walmart to see if they are doing it.

fuck of course GoW gets nuked while I'm in school. I have it locked online, but it seems like such a damn hassle to get it shipped off and have to wait a month. I can't let that money just float around for that long

With Next Gen now fully in swing I expect prices of XB360/PS3 games to plummet rapidly.

And not because they should but because it is simply an excuse for companies to do so.
More than likely they will stay the same with small sales here and there. More sales for next gen games will come though. Why buy the 360 version for $60 when you can get the X1 version for $50 this week.

At least, that would make sense to push sales for next gen consoles.

my Ni No Kuni is was received  just waiting to see whats going to happen....sent 1 but also locked in 5 more and sent them  along with 6 gears of war 3 sent out today 

Got my first online trade processed/paid out today.

They received the items yesterday (got the confirmation email that they received them).  They processed and paid out today, sending me the link with the Egift card.  Fairly quick and painless process.  This order included a $30 PS3 Ghosts (no issue, even though the value has since tanked), 2x ATK (so they'll take multiples with no problem apparently), and a PS3 Marvel Udraw (although  those games were like $2 each and I was just using them for my test run).

Seems very similar to the BB online trading process but Walmart is actually much quicker.  Now to see how they handle the Ni No Kuni trades they received (got the confirmation today)...

My Ni No Kuni's have been in a Received status for 3 days now. Wondering if I shouldn't have sent in 3 Greatest Hits versions...factory sealed...wrapped in a Best Buy bag:)

So that is three of us now who have had their trades processed in a single day.  That is unfortunate news, considering my Ni No Kuni trade was received yesterday and I have heard nothing about it today.  Another poster on SD lives in Texas and had his received Tues. and I believe neither has he had his processed yet either.  I don't think I'll bother with sending any Gears in at this point.

Edit:  And now with cawthor's post I think the only conclusion is they will be issuing mass cancellations and sending the games back, hopefully free of charge since the error is their fault.

So that is three of us now who have had their trades processed in a single day. That is unfortunate news, considering my Ni No Kuni trade was received yesterday and I have heard nothing about it today. Another poster on SD lives in Texas and had his received Tues. and I believe neither has he had his processed yet either. I don't think I'll bother with sending any Gears in at this point.

Edit: And now with cawthor's post I think the only conclusion is they will be issuing mass cancellations and sending the games back, hopefully free of charge since the error is their fault.
Only start to lose hope if you don't hear anything by the end of tomorrow.

You guys need to be more patient. 3 days is not a long time. Just because they received the package doesn't mean they are grading it right then and there. Not everyone is guaranteed to have the same experience as someone else.

cVb8mh3.gif

Local place in Ohio called Buybacks. Like I said, 18 copies at4.99 and they run a buy 2 get one free promotion so every third one was free.
Surprisingly, there actually is one in my area (not super close, but accessible). I've never gotten around to checking them out.

I'm sorry, we should all wait for you to trade before we accommodate our own schedules. Maybe you could ask the Op to put a delay on the thread to make sure you see it before everyone else as well. Just for the record, no stores here in the O.C accept trades, so what exactly would you like me to do. I could drive 40 miles to L.A to make sure you have more time to trade.
My whole point is that walmart is too early to "lock it in". No one here knows how their online trade in service will handle things. Amazon, ok, bestbuy, ok. Walmart is too new. All i'm saying is for the overall cag community, locking it in will kill the value in a day. This is a guaranteed based on how ni no and gears have happened. I'm not complaining about myself not getting in on this deal, I was not going to trade this in. People need to have some self control and not get greedy by locking in 19 copies shit. Especially when there is no guarantee they will pay out.

My whole point is that walmart is too early to "lock it in". No one here knows how their online trade in service will handle things. Amazon, ok, bestbuy, ok. Walmart is too new. All i'm saying is for the overall cag community, locking it in will kill the value in a day. This is a guaranteed based on how ni no and gears have happened. I'm not complaining about myself not getting in on this deal, I was not going to trade this in. People need to have some self control and not get greedy by locking in 19 copies shit. Especially when there is no guarantee they will pay out.
Everyone should just not trade in games so they don't run into any problems or lower any values.

Everyone should just not trade in games so they don't run into any problems or lower any values.
And then Walmart will be so desperate for used game that they'd offer $100 for Kinect Sports.

Brilliant!

EVERYBODY STOP TRADING IN GAMES!

And then you'll regret it when games at E3 are announced. I don't understand why people buy systems at launch when they KNOW there isn't anything.
Hmm, well I bought it at launch because I had games for it. I played them, and moved on to Xbox One. Getting back all but $25 for a system I bought and used 4 months ago [albeit very little] since then sounds pretty good to me. I don't have the time to play both systems, might as well offload one and wait until later to re-purchase at a lower price.

I don't understand why people judge others based off of one sentence when they DON'T KNOW any reasoning behind it. Oh, that's right.. it's the internet, and it's full of know-it-all douches.

Just got my email with gift card for the original agreed upon dollars. Did not trade in ni no kuni or GOW though. It was some ds games I had extras of

Your premise is flawed. The GOW died shortly after 8 am, probably not because 3 million people locked in trades in the previous 24 hours. More than likely an employee arrived at work for their 8-5 job, checked SD or here, and hit a few buttons. This is much more likely than an algorithm based on people locking in trades that just happens to update at 8 am. You are right though, it is all guess work.

Did I say I was trading in numerous copies? I only have one copy. If people WEREN'T being greedy, would it be okay to lock in?

Hmm, well I bought it at launch because I had games for it. I played them, and moved on to Xbox One. Getting back all but $25 for a system I bought and used 4 months ago [albeit very little] since then sounds pretty good to me. I don't have the time to play both systems, might as well offload one and wait until later to re-purchase at a lower price.

I don't understand why people judge others based off of one sentence when they DON'T KNOW any reasoning behind it. Oh, that's right.. it's the internet, and it's full of know-it-all douches.
I just meant in general. Calm your jets.

Sure thing, Sparky.

Each person has their own individual reason for being an early adopter. We don't need your asinine commentary, so keep it to yourself. Thanks.
I can say whatever I want, jerk. Just don't respond to me. ;)

Signed,
Sparky, the early adopter of numerous systems (including the PS4)

Your premise is flawed. The GOW died shortly after 8 am, probably not because 3 million people locked in trades in the previous 24 hours. More than likely an employee arrived at work for their 8-5 job, checked SD or here, and hit a few buttons. This is much more likely than an algorithm based on people locking in trades that just happens to update at 8 am. You are right though, it is all guess work.
There's no doubt that these forums had a noticeable effect on the GoW3/Ni No Kuni tradeins. But the idea that anyone in any official capacity at Wal Mart actually checked these forums for any serious advice/input on their TIVs is laughable. Completely and utterly laughable. They have automated inventory counts, and systems that can give you a daily count of what gets traded in and bought every single day.

There might be actual humans that need to approve changes in TIVs, and there might be some sort of manual override or something that lets them change this stuff without any computer input. Maybe the TIVs are based on what has been received, or maybe it includes "locked in" trades, too. Who knows? But I would bet EVERYTHING I own that the GoW3 TIV was nuked due to a computer report, not due to someone at Wal Mart checking these forums.

Stop arguing, it's what they want. Can't you see?? IATCG is using SlickDeals to tear this forum apart for revenge!!!

if you disapprove of ANY post on SD just "thumbs down" the post, it takes a few seconds...

and it makes more sense the Wally "system" changed the gow value at 8 am...

it should be interesting to see if all will receive the higher value when mailing in ....

The amount of bitching in this thread. 

Instead of sitting here waiting, I saw the TIV for Gears of War 3 and quickly scored copies and traded them in. Even if I missed it, who cares, another deal will come up eventually.

Can someone who traded in store provide some info. I tried trading in had to cancel since I forgot one of the games. Guy told me any credit I earned would have to be used them and there and couldnt be used on groceries and another category. I asked if I could apply it towards a walmart gift card. He said no. Only if there was an amount left over after purchasing would I get something back

That is a lie. It is in store credit and can be used for anything in the store. I traded in yesterday and was able to put all the credit on a walmart in store card (instead of having it on the paper). 

Just take the paper the next time they say some crap like that and go get a in store card (it's by the registers) and put the money on that. Or even better put it on a prepaid Visa gift card.

Ok so a paper prints out after all is said and done. Ok well will have to try again tommorow I know I wont make it before they close their electronics department registers.

to mail them all you need is to print out shipping label and the invoice inside of the envelope?
yup, that's what i did. i used "print screen" (cause if it's a larger order some of the upcs get cut off). i then taped the shipping label (instructions say to use a special envelope for the label and invoice but i didn't) and the invoice i slipped inside. i was recently paid via email and it took about 2 weeks. hope this helps.

bread's done
Back